LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think gear should come..

..40% from crafting,
    ..35% from treasures/hoards,
    ..15% from quests,
    ..10% from drops,

you know, like in an actual RPG.

Edit: Currencies fall somewhere between the quest/crafting part. They are generally not a bad thing, ideally you can buy things from high level artisans, maybe vendors should be it's own category in my above example, though it's essentially just NPC crafting.
    40% crafting is a bit to much,this isnt an rpg its an mmo,you would force everyone to have gear crafting professions

what do you mean by treasures/hoards?

I do like the idea of challenging solo quests to get good gear

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And the flood of complaints when the gear isn't perfectly itemized to every person's spec. We had 1-2 pieces per slot from a vendor usually.
    That's where reforging comes in. It was great for RPG, when i think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I even forgot how itemization worked in all expansions pre-Legion. Damn I play this game for so long.
    I don't, of course I forget where items are from at times, but I've been through the whole line and enjoyed something from every expansion. The currency system was a fair little side thing, so even if you didn't get what you needed from dungeons/raids, you could still buy something you might need from the currency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Another thing I do miss. It was a good management tool for gear.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You know the playerbase. Things are either perfectly optimal or they are trash. There's not even a fine line between them. Look at the people making them hate the game by mindlessly grinding Maw of Souls runs or island expeditions ad nauseum for fractions of a percent improvement, or bashing their heads changing covenants every time a tuning happens.

As an anecdote we had a ret paladin have a practical mental breakdown when he completed his leggo ring in WoD cause it had vers, his weakest stat on it. I pulled up his toon and simmed him to check, and all four stats were within 1.3% of each other.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Mythic keys and such should give tokens that you can gather for reputation, then you can obtain some equipment, mounts, etc.

But the main source should be bosses.

Also, none should get legendaries as a default, they should be an extremely rare thing.

Epics should be rare to obtain out of fights too.

In short, we need wow to be like it once was. Right now, there´s no point to play retail when we have the better version of wow in Classic BC... Sure it is stuff we already did, but even so it is far more engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    40% crafting is a bit to much,this isnt an rpg its an mmo,you would force everyone to have gear crafting professions

what do you mean by treasures/hoards?

I do like the idea of challenging solo quests to get good gear
    The idea is not that everyone takes up a crafting profession, instead the ones that do should just actively supply the market with items, which is reasonable, as 1 smith certainly makes more than just 1 sword. You also have the argument backwards, especially because this is an MMO player interactions should exist, just dropping it to personal loot is the most anti-mmo thing possible*. The alternative would be the items the NPC shops offer (see my edit), which I originally forgot to factor in and would mostly come out of the 40% pool tbh. My goal is that items that drops should be special, have a story to them and fit where they drop. This is all just stuff that used to be common in the genre, before Blizzard established that it's okay to be scared of your players actually interacting and turned the loot system into diablo rng loot pinata smashing.

As for treasures and hoards. It makes sense if you clear a dungeon and there are treasure chests at the end, it makes no sense that a boar drops silk slippers and 3 meter long pole-axes. A dragon doesn't have 4 quarterstaves, 2 books and 5 sets of full plate armor stuck up its ass either, the treasure hoard it has amassed though might have these items. Essentially I just split "from combat activities" into "directly from NPC" and "from the NPCs enviroment".

*let me make it clear, this is an idealized world/scenario I'm talking about here, wow and it's community are fundamentally flawed, so I personally would take personal loot over having to deal with this asshat community any day. The same could be said about crafting in general, at this point in the game crafting professions might as well not exist with the exception of alchemy.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I think it was forgotten that WoW is still a video game, and in it's core you beat the game for the satisfaction of it and to put your name in High Score for bragging rights (similar to speed runners just going for better and better times in other games). Nothing really tangible. Sure, the gear is there as one of the rewards, but it's just a means to an end. What other explanation for all those players participating in CE chase, especially if it's an end boss? Nothing really bizzare about it.
    Very very odd "mindset" you have.

The only word for it is "bizzare" like i said.

There is no prestige or bragging about killing a boss in a video game.

Also there is no "satisfaction" in beating a difficult boss, It's more of a "Can we finally stop skipping 99% of the raid now just to focus on 1 boss" feeling.

Difficult bosses is a "Chore" the entire raid is a means to an end to get gear, it's all very pointless and meaningless.

Imo it would be better if they made the game with less difficulty so you can go in, pew pew, get the ilvl 233 stuff.

and then make a sepperate mode with templates (Like WoD PvP) Where you get cutting edge & Mounts if you defeat the bosses.

I get my loot, you get your "Progression" bosses.

Win/win for every one
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2021-06-06 at 11:05 AM.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Gearing in SL was very good, better than in a long time.

Then they added valor which made heroic raiding useless in the grand scheme of things, and I have barely played since. Instantly made the feel of gearing up being downgraded. I don't use it personally(I am buying the vendor stuff for the valor I get lol, upgraded staff for my mage once, that's it) Shame because I loved the new way. RNG is part of the game, so I only use the gear I get from the raid, m+(non upgraded) and weekly chest, and that's how it is going to be for me.

Funny how one thing like that can make a game lose the whole immersion of character progression even though I don't participate in it.
    So you cripple your gear just because you don't like valor upgrades "because they are out of immersion?". Oh god, I would love it to have you on my raid team ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Very very odd "mindset" you have.

The only word for it is "bizzare" like i said.

There is no prestige or bragging about killing a boss in a video game.

Also there is no "satisfaction" in beating a difficult boss, It's more of a "Can we finally stop skipping 99% of the raid now just to focus on 1 boss" feeling.

Difficult bosses is a "Chore" the entire raid is a means to an end to get gear, it's all very pointless and meaningless.

Imo it would be better if they made the game with less difficulty so you can go in, pew pew, get the ilvl 233 stuff.

and then make a sepperate mode with templates (Like WoD PvP) Where you get cutting edge & Mounts if you defeat the bosses.

I get my loot, you get your "Progression" bosses.

Win/win for every one
    No satisfaction and odd mindset? What are you talking about? Watch ANY final boss Mythic kill and witness nerdgasms after they finally manage to kill him. EVERY. SINGLE. VID. I would say your mindset is odd and in minority, like you don't really want to do it but force yourself through the raid anyway. If you call it all chore and get zero satisfaction and fun from it, then you simply lost any joy from raiding challenging content. And that's fine. But others didn't.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-06-06 at 11:23 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

No satisfaction and odd mindset? What are you talking about? Watch ANY final boss Mythic kill and witness nerdgasms after they finally manage to kill him. EVERY. SINGLE. VID. I would say your mindset is odd and in minority, like you don't really want to do it but force yourself through the raid anyway. If you call it all chore and get zero satisfaction and fun from it, then you simply lost any joy from raiding challenging content. And that's fine. But others didn't.
    Maby the world first people raid with "friendly" people tho?

"Challange" most of the time just leads to anxiety, stress and fear of getting kicked as the GL & officers are breathing down your neck.

I don't really understand how you get any fun or satisfaction out of such an environment

So yes.. it is a "Force yourself to do it" thing and not something that can be enjoyable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maby the world first people raid with "friendly" people tho?

"Challange" most of the time just leads to anxiety, stress and fear of getting kicked as the GL & officers are breathing down your neck.

I don't really understand how you get any fun or satisfaction out of such an environment

So yes.. it is a "Force yourself to do it" thing and not something that can be enjoyable.
    Because I run raids with friends, always has been. I do feel annoyance from hitting roadblocks, just like everyone else but never really felt stress or anxiety, because I know it's just a game. You don't get fun from it and so you assume others don't. Claiming pushing Mythic is not fun for player base is just plain wrong. People wouldn't do it simply for gear when experiencing constant negativity like you claimed they do, and Mythic raiding (and even Heroic) would simply be dead.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Because I run raids with friends, always has been. I do feel annoyance from hitting roadblocks, just like everyone else but never really felt stress or anxiety, because I know it's just a game. You don't get fun from it and so you assume others don't. Claiming pushing Mythic is not fun for player base is just plain wrong. People wouldn't do it simply for gear when experiencing constant negativity like you claimed they do, and Mythic raiding (and even Heroic) would simply be dead.
    You are saying that there are groups that don't rule with an iron fist, kick you for the smallest of things and actually treat their members in a civil way?

I find that fairly hard to believe

7+ Year Old Account
    You are saying that there are groups that don't rule with an iron fist, kick you for the smallest of things and actually treat their members in a civil way?

I find that fairly hard to believe
    I really don't know why it is so unbelievable for you. I'm so baffled. You really expect guilds would last and succeed with this kind of tyranny?

I really don't know why it is so unbelievable for you. I'm so baffled. You really expect guilds would last and succeed with this kind of tyranny?
    I mean, if it's either putting up with it or not doing the raid at all?

Then it seems pretty obvious to me at least that people would just be "put up with it" in favor of the goal.

I'm just saying that i've never been in a friendly guild or group where i did not have a fear of "Losing my spot" due to the "Whim of the Leader" in WoW or any other game.

So it is indeed quite "odd" to me that there are groups out there.. who enjoy playing together and are not just doing it out of necessity.

regardless of the negative and positive feedback in this thread, i think most responses are missing a very large point. this game is not the same and it never will be again. especially with the current game designers in place. they know how to maximize your time online. they know how to carrot with a string every player. this game is well past the point of being made for enjoyment. the decision was made to not care about that, and specifically generate more time spent logged in. gearing up or alts etc is surely effected, but they dont care. the proof is in the result of what they make and release.

Yes I agree, I made a similar observation months ago when I unsubbed. I am tired of having weekly gear drops being the best source. I want epic loot from bosses, not a chest. I am not going to sub to WoW retail ever again with such systems. Classic and TBC are way better in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    This was actually quite fucking brilliant on Blizzards part and also happens to coincide with the games peak in many aspects. Moving away from this design was arguable the single dumbest thing they've ever done to be honest.

Butt hurt shit heels on forums complained that casuals got gear. Too. Fucking. Bad. This needs to return in a big way.
    Sure, I don't mind that people get gear easily. But people seem to be blind about history. It wasn't only that people got easy gear though, it was how the gear system was structured.

As if we needed a vendor in the first tier in WotLK anyway :>

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I'm well aware happy people post less, same goes with product reviews satisfied customers are much less likely to write a review than those that are unhappy. Rose tinted glasses aside I don't recall to many complaints outside of 25m gear being so much better than 10m gear, and few complaints about valor tokens but no system will make everyone happy. in my personal opinion SL gearing is trash and the worst wow has ever had, hours of running content and not a single upgrade killed it for me, with the nail in the coffin being the "new" valor system that only applies to M+ gear, part of the game I detest, but understand its popularity
    Bolded for how things are.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Yes I agree, I made a similar observation months ago when I unsubbed. I am tired of having weekly gear drops being the best source. I want epic loot from bosses, not a chest. I am not going to sub to WoW retail ever again with such systems. Classic and TBC are way better in that regard.
    Not to mention that even BC dungeons drop far more gear than the SL crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I do miss that..
    It was brilliant. It offered something to everybody. I'll never understood why they moved away from it. Its arguable the dumbest thing they've done and it was entirely unforced on their part.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Fully agree with OP.