Poll: Who do you think really "won" the Fourth War?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well not anymore with Golden being on the team. She always considered portals to be part of everyday life.
    "Well Not anymore with Golden being on the team"..... what is that suppose to mean XD

Only the Major.... and most important people uses portals in her books... the lesser people use Ships and flying mounts...

By important people I also mean, Rich common people, Nobles... ecc....

So I have no idea what you are talking about.

PS: If you refeer to the "Troll Ambasador going to the Zandalari".... well ofc he would get a portal.... he is an Ambasador.... ^^

Pss: and when it comes to the Books and stuff in game, you have to understand that in most of those we are looking at it from "the Elites" perspetive... since in most cases... we are talking about important people or we are looking at important situations... and ofc... in those cases people would always use Portals since its the fastes way to get to places but again.... that is for some people... you can't send entire shipment of supplies or entire Armies.
    (In some cases that could also be possible if we twist around the Lore a bit... but I hope you understand that we are talking about common transport in the World of Azeroth)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Wrong: Lorewise alliance won both Warfronts.
    My dear friend... I am sorry to say this... but can you read...

The person was saying.... that the Stromgarde warfront was done in the WEST PART of the Territory... so "Yes the Alliance won the Battle of Stromgarde"... but what of the rest of Arathi?

Then the person said... in Darkshore we only fight in the NORTH PART of the Territory... so "Yes The Alliance won the Battle of Darkshore".... But.. we only fought about the North... so how about the South where the Horde has an entire Orc/Horde Base...

This is what the person was talking about... I know... maybe your first language is not English or you where kinda distracted, so this is just a notice I have done for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    It's becoming boring at this point. The faction war as World of Warcraft is trying to present is a disgrace to the story. It's no wonder the game started to decline after WOTLK and the appearance of the first Mad Warchief who started that story. I never understood why this minority because it is a minority at this point thinks that this kind of story is fun. Thinking that the Horde would be ever able to overpower the Alliance to oblivion and especially when that specific Horde faction has become tools to forces that simply want to end Azeroth. If the Horde won then the game would be over but for the small minority that doesn't matter. When are they gonna learn that this game is designed to be a fantasy game where good triumphs over evil in the end.
    How can you state its a minority... where are the facts and numbers you are getting that from?

if you want your point to be more valid and important... focus on your point... dont start telling lies...

I know many people who love the factions and the War... World of Warcraft is an amazing game and I personaly love the faction war!

The Core thing that makes World of Warcraft so amazing is that we have 2 Factions and its a split... and that is a huge and proud thing about World of Warcraft...

If you dont feel the Faction pride... or you like to play World of Peacecraft... then you can role play a story in your head... why change the entire game to follow a change you would like to push on a lot of people.

I agree that Blizzard should get better at the faction War... since there should be some real consequcens and game changing things after a faction war, so lets have our hopes high for the future and hope that the 10.0 faction war will be made better and with more focus on the War shown in game and in the world... not only on a mission table or in a Campagn.

again... you can think and belive its a minority that does want the Faction war.... but most of the people I know... love the Idea of an Azeroth revamp and a new Faction war... done right like in Cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

You are right on that one. Can the Horde pay for Teldrassil on a level that they will feel it by a full dismantle and hiding on an abandoned uncovered map in Azeroth from the rest of Azeroth? Blizzard won't do it so this cycle has to end. Faction war is not working at all cause there won't be a full victory. It only creates unwanted drama and food for trolling for those very few that still want that.
    Hello there, Just want to add something to your words if that is fine for you.

Instead of crying out in each post how much you Hate the Faction Conflicts... why not try to add... what we could do instead of it or at the side of it... since you are just going on and on and on... about your opinion that "Faction Conflict bad"

Her are some really good point why the Faction conflict will always be there and is a huge part of World of Warcraft Lore...

1st... Since Warcraft 1.... when the Orcs came threw the portal... the Races of the horde and the races of the Alliance has been in many fights with many dead... and many getting really hurt.... so many more having (PTS... Post Traumatic Stress).

2nd... Each year... more and more people are getting hurt or losses.... a Father... Mother... Son.... Daughther... ecc.... the Common people among the Horde and the Alliance have just founded Hate for the Other Faction... that they would never settle for anything less but WAR...

3rd... our Perspective is from the real world where Hate is bad and we should always focus on peace... but in World of Warcraft its a different world and a Fictional story where Hate is all over the place and its ground founded into the very baseline of the factions...

4th... in BFA, Anduin is all about Peace... but you can see that it is tearing the Alliance appart... Blizzard is not that good at telling us what the common people of Azeroth think and feels... but if you think about it after 4 World Wars.... there are HUGE hate croweds againt each Faction and with in each faction...

So, what we could focus on is how could we make the faction war more fun and interesting, and how could all of that fun and Lore we could have around a Faction war be Represented in game...

If you ask me,
    1st, we need an Azeroth revamp.
    2nd, we need to integrate... parts of each zone or some "Conflic zones... where the Alliance and Horde can Conquer stuff each week, and hold it for a month or something. (This way the War will feel like a real war.... in BFA... Blizzard was really tied down with the old World beeing locked in Cataclysm... so it felt like a "half azzed war")

So I think... you are tierd of how we have told the Faction war in a not so right way, if you ask me 10.0 is open for a new Faction war... the Tentions are there and with Anduin out of the picture.... Graymane and Tyrande will be more then happy to push for conquest.... and this is the perfect situations where we could revamp the entire world... and make each zone scale up to max level making the entire world of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms bee part of the end game ^^

PS: this last part is a dream of mine.... yes ^^
    Last edited by Wolfrick; 2021-06-05 at 05:29 PM.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Regarding the faction war I think that at this point the majority want it to end permanently due to the fact that Blizzard is unable to show any real consequences to the one that lost both. The Lore of the game is not really affecting the Playable Character much who is just a mercenary and they could have written a new story even if the Horde were under some kind of occupation after SoO and retaking what's lost after. You see most of those who are in favor of the faction war simply want war but they are not ready to pay the consequences or sound surprised when they see consequences.

Regarding to the second part of your post you just described Warhammer Online. Both factions played a story in each area who end in a stalemate and then have castles and capturable areas where each faction had to capture to control the area for some time and move to the next area and in the end you sieged the enemy city. The losing faction would be refugees in another area for some time until they fight back to retake what's lost or it resets and the battle starts again. During that there will be questlines and areas who wont be affected by that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Any elf that is not crippled physically or a mental sociopath would by in Tyrande’s “camp” now. Its a bloody genocide and mass occupation of their land! Any nation rises to fight when that happens! No matter how cowardly and appeasing the “far away allies” behind the ocean are.
    Yeah, and this is amazing... thanks to BFA..... Ashenvale, Stonetalon and Felwood... plus many more zones in Kalimdor will always be War Torn...

and I just love this... the Night elves had not that many reasons to to war against the Horde... now they have so many reaons that the Faction war is going to be around forever ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    to be fair before Anduin got to lead the Alliance, there was the genocide of the Stonespires, the massacre of Taurajo, the sabotage of the Arcane Sanctums in Ghostlands, the massacre of the Horde surrenderees at Theramore, and the Goblin ship massacre; you could say that Anduin is now babysitting the Alliance because "we would be no better than them"
    Yes, and this is a sad truth... I really hope Blizzard start to show more evil or Gray moves from the alliance side... I am really happy that they Twisted Anduin in the Shadowlands... since he did not really understand what World of Warcraft is about
    -

One thing is certain.... it certainly wasn’t us, the players

That was the most Disney channel “war” I’ve ever seen and the writing staff should be ashamed of themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Yeah, and this is amazing... thanks to BFA..... Ashenvale, Stonetalon and Felwood... plus many more zones in Kalimdor will always be War Torn...

and I just love this... the Night elves had not that many reasons to to war against the Horde... now they have so many reaons that the Faction war is going to be around forever ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and this is a sad truth... I really hope Blizzard start to show more evil or Gray moves from the alliance side... I am really happy that they Twisted Anduin in the Shadowlands... since he did not really understand what World of Warcraft is about
    The Kaldorei already had reason to hate the Horde.
    The point is that right now he has reasons to try to exterminate the Horde and apart from still being morally good.
    Now you gave Tyrande and Genn a pass of "you can destroy Ogrimar and still not be the bad guy."

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. Fuck off with that. I am done with “faction war” aka “Horde beats Alliance up and Alliance forgives later”. You are done fucked. Go fight yourself or maybe hit your head against a rock in the Barrens because Alliance is done playing your punching bag.

As harsh as it sounds I have to agree. Under normal circumstances the Horde should have been screwed in a matter of hours or days at most and yet when the time comes for a faction war they are nerfing both the Alliance so much so the Horde can have the upper hand, call it a faction war so the neutral factions can stay stupidly neutral when the chosen Warchief does something that puts the whole of Azeroth in danger, then they are leaving 1 or 2 gray areas to justify that the Alliance is just as bad as the Horde and finally when the Horde loses the war they can't pay any consequences as some here would revolt.

So the Alliance playerbase is tired of being written as a punching bag and denied any real consequences to the Horde and most of the Horde playerbase do not want to lose another character from a faction war and must feel like idiots for doing a faction war as tools for the Jailer just like the Orcish Horde coming in the name of the Legion as a plan to destroy Azeroth.

In the end only a few want another faction war so let's F that thing completely. It caused unneded drama and created the worst storyline in Warcraft and the worst 3 expansions (MOP,WOD,BFA) that caused the game to lose most of it's subs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    The Kaldorei already had reason to hate the Horde.
    The point is that right now he has reasons to try to exterminate the Horde and apart from still being morally good.
    Now you gave Tyrande and Genn a pass of "you can destroy Ogrimar and still not be the bad guy."
    So know that... bad guy... stand in the act.... not with the reason or justification...

if Genn or Tyrande... do Destroy Ogrimmar they will be bad guys... since its a city... with tousands of civilians and innocent people... with kids and many more things that had nothing to do with the war...

If you ask me its great the Tyrande is getting back to her Savage roots... the Night elves where always the more savage side of the Elves...

then you have Genn graymane... its about time the Gilneans get back to their contry and take back their lands... if BFA was what they needed to get back on the saddle and promote war... then I am more then happy for everything that happend

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Nah. Fuck off with that. I am done with “faction war” aka “Horde beats Alliance up and Alliance forgives later”. You are done fucked. Go fight yourself or maybe hit your head against a rock in the Barrens because Alliance is done playing your punching bag.
    What do you mean... you think that after... all that happens we can all gather up and sing combaja... my Lord? XD

You know that each year... the Alliance and Horde get 1 more reason for War...
    -

7+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean... you think that after... all that happens we can all gather up and sing combaja... my Lord? XD

Nope, but we will cooperate. Like we did since 8.2. A big dick, full frontal faction war with biggest atrocities yet and capitals ruined and it only lasted half of the xpac. After that it was back to usual business with Sylvi taking all the blame. You really should not expect any new faction war after the crisis we had in BfA, it exhausted itself with the stakes and loss we had. Like for example both Genn and Tyrande said that their beef is with Sylvi, not with the Horde (and I hear Tyrande is loosing Night Warrior in next patch so here go your savage Nelves).

Also, what's with these dots you keep inserting?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-06-06 at 04:51 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Like for example both Genn and Tyrande said that their beef is with Sylvi, not with the Horde (and I hear Tyrande is loosing Night Warrior in next patch so here go your savage Nelves).
    Thats not true, Tyrande also blames the Horde but with 9.1 it seems unlikely that we will see a big effort for revenge in the future from the night elfs (Maybe some local stuff it it fits with that they are doing in the next expansion). And no, she does not lose the night warrior.

So know that... bad guy... stand in the act.... not with the reason or justification...

if Genn or Tyrande... do Destroy Ogrimmar they will be bad guys... since its a city... with tousands of civilians and innocent people... with kids and many more things that had nothing to do with the war...

If you ask me its great the Tyrande is getting back to her Savage roots... the Night elves where always the more savage side of the Elves...

then you have Genn graymane... its about time the Gilneans get back to their contry and take back their lands... if BFA was what they needed to get back on the saddle and promote war... then I am more then happy for everything that happend
    Actually the act itself does not define something evil.
    Tyrande has two options. A destroy Horde B Wait for the Horde to exterminate her race.
    If a Criminal has already killed 10 people and you know that he is going to kill 10 more people. Not stopping it is the act of evil.

Besides I said destroy Ogrimar. Do not kill civilians and children. So as long as they don't actively attack any CIvil. Gen and Tyrande can do whatever they want against the Horde and they are morally fine.
    Which is a real shit and makes faction war pointless.

On going back to the roots savlajes. It seems like it's over in the next patch that "Tyrande gets cured of his ravia". Considering that with his ravia he was even less savage than in W3. I do not expect anything interesting the truth from here on.

So Tyrande who was willing to negotiate peace with the only request of the Head of Sylvanas now she is willing to ask for one less.
    It's like finding ice even colder.

7+ Year Old Account
    As harsh as it sounds I have to agree. Under normal circumstances the Horde should have been screwed in a matter of hours or days at most and yet when the time comes for a faction war they are nerfing both the Alliance so much so the Horde can have the upper hand, call it a faction war so the neutral factions can stay stupidly neutral when the chosen Warchief does something that puts the whole of Azeroth in danger, then they are leaving 1 or 2 gray areas to justify that the Alliance is just as bad as the Horde and finally when the Horde loses the war they can't pay any consequences as some here would revolt.

So the Alliance playerbase is tired of being written as a punching bag and denied any real consequences to the Horde and most of the Horde playerbase do not want to lose another character from a faction war and must feel like idiots for doing a faction war as tools for the Jailer just like the Orcish Horde coming in the name of the Legion as a plan to destroy Azeroth.

In the end only a few want another faction war so let's F that thing completely. It caused unneded drama and created the worst storyline in Warcraft and the worst 3 expansions (MOP,WOD,BFA) that caused the game to lose most of it's subs.
    well well... again... you are just crying out how much you dont want a thing... but giving no voice... to what you would want instead...

Do you like Shadowlands?... there are no faction war there...

WoD?.... Faction war.... wtf XD...... it was all about the Iron Horde and then the Legion... at least if you wanna cry out and scream "no no no" keep your facts straight...

PS: if you ask me there Should be more Choice in the Question structure... instead of forcing everyone to go threw 1 quest arch... make it so that it would be 1 Quest arch for both faction and then "two more" for people who maybe dont wanna be part of it... mmorpg should be all about choice since we are so many that play the same game ^^

PPS: I agree that Blizzard should start to understand that since we have 2 factions, most of the game should be split in two... since ofc... people who play the alliance would experiance something and people who play the Horde Experiance something else...
    The way they have bounded us all together many times with no other reaons then "Lets say the World".... something is kinda dumb.... people with the Horde dont wanna play with the Alliance and the people who play With the Alliance Dont wanna play with the Horde.
    So instead of making a Faction war... then setting everything to status quo.... lets have a Faction war with consequences...

PPPS: I Agree on that fact that for a long time now, the Horde has been Leading the story, I really really hope that the Twisting of Anduin is a start of a change in the Leadership of the Alliance... the people who play the alliance deserver their own story and their own focus....
    if you ask me... Each Expansion should always have 2 sides of focus.... 1 for the Horde and 1 For the Alliance

But lets be real... World of Warcraft at its Core is about the two Faction beeing at war or at a Huge Tention level between them

.... if not.... I am more then open to what any of you think what we could have instead... lets say they do a Combaja thing... we are all friends and in peace... what then... (and in Lore... that would make so little sense)
    Last edited by Wolfrick; 2021-06-06 at 05:08 PM.
    -

But lets be real... World of Warcraft at its Core is about the two Faction beeing at war or at a Huge Tention level between them

.... if not.... I am more then open to what any of you think what we could have instead... lets say they do a Combaja thing... we are all friends and in peace... what then... (and in Lore... that would make so little sense)

The WoW Core is a COLD war between the two factions.
    As there is in Legion. BK, LK and Vanilla.

Where we don't get along But there are other people with whom we get along worse. But now BFA destroyed it. Why did he put the Horde as something more damaging than all the enemy at the moment

7+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the faction war I think that at this point the majority want it to end permanently due to the fact that Blizzard is unable to show any real consequences to the one that lost both. The Lore of the game is not really affecting the Playable Character much who is just a mercenary and they could have written a new story even if the Horde were under some kind of occupation after SoO and retaking what's lost after. You see most of those who are in favor of the faction war simply want war but they are not ready to pay the consequences or sound surprised when they see consequences.

Regarding to the second part of your post you just described Warhammer Online. Both factions played a story in each area who end in a stalemate and then have castles and capturable areas where each faction had to capture to control the area for some time and move to the next area and in the end you sieged the enemy city. The losing faction would be refugees in another area for some time until they fight back to retake what's lost or it resets and the battle starts again. During that there will be questlines and areas who wont be affected by that.
    Well I am one of those people that enjoy the Faction war... like crazy.... the only thing with BFA was that they did not do the Azeroth revamp... and you cant have a faction war.... on 2 or more Islands... since it looses its potential and as you say... the breath of consequances...

So, Blizzard should do a World Revamp where most of the zones have their own little stories... something that we could build a lot of future Expansions on... we really need a Breather Expansion.

Then from that Revamp we could build up a huge faction war... that could have consequances... and as you say... in some zones world pvp systems and ideas that would bring the world to life...

with every Expansion we always go to a new place... but we never go back to the Core of World of Warcraft that is Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms... so my best hopes are for a huge revamp focusing on the small stories and building up a World of Evergreen content.

So if you dont like faction War since there are no Consequances... I love for there to be huge consequances...

Something I wish for....

is the Alliance get Gilneas back... Stromgarde becomes a real ingame town... with close to everything Stormwind have... with a harbor and more... it would be great to see some of the Old Kingdoms Raise up and stand on their own again... and maybe when you make a new Human you can choose in what Kingdome you wanna start with "Stormwind, Stromgard or Gilneas"

then... the Dwarfs, it would be really cool to see some major Dwaft expansion and build up...

even more... show us some High elf settlements... since we know that there are some out there in Lore

Then you have the Night elves... they could Build up a new World tree somewhere and the alliance players could help them rebuild and expand their lands and settlements...

..... and btw... I am a Huge HORDE player... but most of all I love World of Warcraft more then anything... not just my faction... so both Factions should have a huge focus.

My hopes are really high for 10.0 since I am more then sure it will be a World Revamp ^^...... lets see where 9.2 and 9.3 takes us
    -

- - - Updated - - -

No, i mean that despite the fact that Alliance has ALL the reasons for war i dont want any of that anymore. Because Blizz dont write WAR. They write one sided bullying of Alliance by the Horde and i am done being a victim. I refuse to partake in that bullshit anymore.

Well I am one of those people that enjoy the Faction war... like crazy.... the only thing with BFA was that they did not do the Azeroth revamp... and you cant have a faction war.... on 2 or more Islands... since it looses its potential and as you say... the breath of consequances...

So, Blizzard should do a World Revamp where most of the zones have their own little stories... something that we could build a lot of future Expansions on... we really need a Breather Expansion.

Then from that Revamp we could build up a huge faction war... that could have consequances... and as you say... in some zones world pvp systems and ideas that would bring the world to life...

with every Expansion we always go to a new place... but we never go back to the Core of World of Warcraft that is Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms... so my best hopes are for a huge revamp focusing on the small stories and building up a World of Evergreen content.

So if you dont like faction War since there are no Consequances... I love for there to be huge consequances...

Something I wish for....

is the Alliance get Gilneas back... Stromgarde becomes a real ingame town... with close to everything Stormwind have... with a harbor and more... it would be great to see some of the Old Kingdoms Raise up and stand on their own again... and maybe when you make a new Human you can choose in what Kingdome you wanna start with "Stormwind, Stromgard or Gilneas"

then... the Dwarfs, it would be really cool to see some major Dwaft expansion and build up...

even more... show us some High elf settlements... since we know that there are some out there in Lore

Then you have the Night elves... they could Build up a new World tree somewhere and the alliance players could help them rebuild and expand their lands and settlements...

..... and btw... I am a Huge HORDE player... but most of all I love World of Warcraft more then anything... not just my faction... so both Factions should have a huge focus.

My hopes are really high for 10.0 since I am more then sure it will be a World Revamp ^^...... lets see where 9.2 and 9.3 takes us
    there if you bought me.
    To use the Kaldoeri as an example. You could have 2 or 3 sonas of them Rebuilding and one of war. And the same for the other races
    At this rate it would be interesting.

The doubt is that shit would be the renegades. I hope the first mission is to assassinate Calia or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Nope, but we will cooperate. Like we did since 8.2. A big dick, full frontal faction war with biggest atrocities yet and capitals ruined and it only lasted half of the xpac. After that it was back to usual business with Sylvi taking all the blame. You really should not expect any new faction war after the crisis we had in BfA, it exhausted itself with the stakes and loss we had. Like for example both Genn and Tyrande said that their beef is with Sylvi, not with the Horde (and I hear Tyrande is loosing Night Warrior in next patch so here go your savage Nelves).

Also, what's with these dots you keep inserting?
    Well, that was a huge mistake of BFA... the Lore was all over the place and we jumped from one idea to the next without even thinking that the entire Expansion was sold to us as a "Faction War" expansion..

Blizzard them selves said that yeah.... BFA... had really lost its focus on what it was about

If you ask me... BFA was a reset Expansion, something like vanilla... where they gave us a lot of things to think about... that in the future will be new expansions.

About Genn and Tyrande.... ofc they said that... Anduin was pushing for peace like crazy... but now that he is out of the picture I am more then sure that Genn and Tyrande will be more then happy to get their feer share of Revange ^^ (we will see what the future brings).

if you ask me, again.... I am more then sure that we will have more tentions in the future between the factions and then more far in the future there will be a new war.... BFA sat the bar of peace so high... that it will make no sense if we are all friends for a long time...

and if you set also in the event of Shadowlands where most of the Peace keeper leaders have huge Trauma of the capture and improsonment in the maw... war is more then sure to happen in the future ^^

about the dots.... its a way for me to think and fill up the huge wall of text with room for people to read... I really dislike huge wall of texts... so I use this as a way to open up the words to breath and have more room in between them ^^
    -

There is no doubt that military-wise the Alliance mostly won the conflict, and that once again the statue quo was returned though once again without any real compensation for the burning of Teldrassil and defilement of Night Elves' lands anymore than for Theramore.

Honnestly no, I am not satisfied with the end and resolution of this war, anymore that with its beggining, the War of Thorns that was really badly written, and a cheap repeat of the Garrosh situation, something I was expecting the moment Sylvanas was made warchief (honnestly Vol'jin should have been used far more and much longer than that, and he should have known that Sylvanas was very bad news and that any Loa or entity telling him to make her warchief was up to no good and looked far too much like Kil'jaeden manipulating the orcs into attacking the Draenei by disgusing himself as orcish spirits), most of the war wasn't well-written either; with the writers really trying to make us believe that Sylvanas' forces were that strong and her only stopping being warchied by saying that the Horde members are worthless to her. And that's not counting Anduin being too idealistic and pacifist, and his position as High King who never made really sense given his young age, lack of experience and military expertise which were proved again during the conflict, and how we are supposed to agree with him and see Tyrande's very very justified unsatisfaction with the armistice as wrong.
    Last edited by Terrorthatflapsinthenight; 2021-06-09 at 10:17 PM.