10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Unless the Senate has 67 Republican senators, there is no chance of anyone being removed. None.
    You're assuming they don't give their seditionist lunatics a better plan than the first try and have them just kill all the Democratic senators.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "Just because our clients broke several federal laws with the intent of harming and potentially killing people and took actions that happened to result in people dying (and they wouldn't have died if our clients hadn't done those things,) do you really think they're responsible for their deaths?!"

Yeah, lots of people actually think that.

Because most times if you're a knowing participant in a crime in which someone dies because of the risky actions you undertook, you generally get put on the hook for first-degree murder.

Frankly, every single person that broke into the capitol building should be on the docket for treason and thank their lucky stars that whatever sentence they get isn't them being hanged.
    Oof. I really wouldn't want to defend every stressful police situation (riots and assaults included) and wait until the next day's heart attacks and strokes to determine (and here we have the logical leap) that, but for yesterday's activities, the policeman would've been alive. You'd be blaming police deaths on quite a few innocents and be up a creek without a paddle. Interesting legal theories there though, good read.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    "sHe ShOuLd HaVe JuSt CoMpLiEd". She was told not to climb through the window multiple times, and she caught a bullet for it. Dumbass got what she deserved, especially violating her oath to the constitution.
    You do understand that my post--that sometimes an unarmed person is justifiably killed by police despite not having a weapon--supports your conclusion. Right?
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Oof. I really wouldn't want to defend every stressful police situation (riots and assaults included) and wait until the next day's heart attacks and strokes to determine (and here we have the logical leap) that, but for yesterday's activities, the policeman would've been alive.

Yeah I'm gonna assume that number is astoundingly small.

You'd be blaming police deaths on quite a few innocents and be up a creek without a paddle. Interesting legal theories there though, good read.

Their intent was clearly to cause harm. Harm was caused. Punish them for the harm.

And let's be clear, nobody that forced their way into the capitol building was "an innocent."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Saturday's quick report:

11,603 new cases; 388 deaths, bringing the total to 612,203. 22 states didn't report, so I guess at some point I'm going to have to take the hint and also not bother for the weekend.

Related news:

Marco Rubio Calls for Fauci's Ouster Over COVID-19 Origins: 'A History of Moving Goal-Posts'--Ah yes, very rich coming from the Party of Projection...

Marjorie Taylor Greene Calls COVID 'Chinese Made Bio Weapon,' Wants Fauci Fired--Well which is it? A Democrat hoax or a dangerous Chinese bio-weapon? Silly PoP can't seem to make up their minds. Naturally they're all going after the only guy who dared try get the facts out there under Trump.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Calls COVID 'Chinese Made Bio Weapon,' Wants Fauci Fired--Well which is it? A Democrat hoax or a dangerous Chinese bio-weapon? Silly PoP can't seem to make up their minds. Naturally they're all going after the only guy who dared try get the facts out there under Trump.

Stay safe, folks.
    It's "only the flu" and a "lab made super weapon that we should fear." A "98% survival rate" and a "masks infringe on my rights."

They don't understand what science is, it changes until it's understood. They can only trust the words of a conman, not anyone with any intellect.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

So, Trump gave a speech last night, where he sounded like he is literally going fucking crazy with dementia. But the funny thing is, he either was wearing stretch pants or his dress slacks backwards.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3MdXJHW...g&name=900x900

I am not going to embed it to make people throw up, but look at the front there. There is no zipper there, and the wrinkles on the front, look like they would be, right where your ass meets your legs.

And before you claim that is photoshopped, I will link a video of him wearing it like this. https://twitter.com/travisakers/stat...03475696025600

What the actual fuck? Did he drop mustard on the front and think flipping them around was a good idea? What a fucking dumbass.

So, Trump gave a speech last night, where he sounded like he is literally going fucking crazy with dementia. But the funny thing is, he either was wearing stretch pants or his dress slacks backwards.

I am not going to embed it to make people throw up, but look at the front there. There is no zipper there, and the wrinkles on the front, look like they would be, right where your ass meets your legs.

And before you claim that is photoshopped, I will link a video of him wearing it like this. https://twitter.com/travisakers/stat...03475696025600

What the actual fuck? Did he drop mustard on the front and think flipping them around was a good idea? What a fucking dumbass.
    I'm more than willing to believe he's so far gone he accidentally put his pants on backwards, but I think these are elasticated pants that many older folks wear. No zipper; just pull up and down for convenience. Granted, that's not much better because they're common among Alzheimer's patients...

I'm more than willing to believe he's so far gone he accidentally put his pants on backwards, but I think these are elasticated pants that many older folks wear. No zipper; just pull up and down for convenience. Granted, that's not much better because they're common among Alzheimer's patients...
    And even then, that bulge looks like he is wearing the biggest pair of depends ever, or it is full.

And even then, that bulge looks like he is wearing the biggest pair of depends ever, or it is full.
    Very true, though that's an issue that existed through his entire term, if you'll recall.
    I will not be linking pictures. It must violate some forum rule against explicit imagery.

The best part of the whole speech is that he prefaced it with the theme song of the movie "Titanic".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    You're assuming they don't give their seditionist lunatics a better plan than the first try and have them just kill all the Democratic senators.
    At which point they'd have a target on their back in a city that's 95+% Democrat, with capitol police that have no interest in protecting them.

I'm more than willing to believe he's so far gone he accidentally put his pants on backwards, but I think these are elasticated pants that many older folks wear. No zipper; just pull up and down for convenience.
    That's what I think as well. Trump may have lost his mind, but you don't just...put on suit pants backwards. How would he zip it up or hook the button through? It would have to be deliberate.

Its is a very strange look though. The way the folds seem suggest an ass is there.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Its is a very strange look though. The way the folds seem suggest an ass is there.
    Compromise: He put pullups on backwards.

Compromise: He put pullups on backwards.
    Acceptable compromise.

Now, please excuse me while I find a way to purge these images out of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Their intent was clearly to cause harm. Harm was caused. Punish them for the harm.
    You're gonna jail a lot of minorities in this country if you only assume/deduce vague intent, and measure any deaths from strokes, cardiac arrest, anything with heightened risk from stress, and shove them both together. Kaleredar tripped a guy, he happened to fall in such a way as to cause hospitalization and death, so clearly Kaleredar intended to cause harm, harm was caused, punish him for the harm.

You don't really need to engage in such logical leaps to increase the "victim count" of January 6th.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    You're gonna jail a lot of minorities in this country if you only assume/deduce vague intent, and measure any deaths from strokes, cardiac arrest, anything with heightened risk from stress, and shove them both together.
    No, you’re not.

Kaleredar tripped a guy, he happened to fall in such a way as to cause hospitalization and death, so clearly Kaleredar intended to cause harm, harm was caused, punish him for the harm.

You don't really need to engage in such logical leaps to increase the "victim count" of January 6th.
    If I broke into someone’s house screaming “trip him! Trip him!” and tripped a guy and he suffered bodily harm or death from it I’d say yeah, I should be culpable. Because that’s actually a metaphor for what happened on the 6th, instead of whatever nonsense you just described.

Are you not aware that the January 6th insurrectionists were a violent mob that broke numerous federal laws with the express intent of terrorizing and coercing elected officials into overturning a just and fair election? And no, it doesn’t matter if the insurrectionists thought the election was “stolen” any more than it would matter if a back robber thought they deserved the money in a bank.

You seem to be extending an awful lot of “innocent” points to these people that they clearly do not deserve.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The best part of the whole speech is that he prefaced it with the theme song of the movie "Titanic".
    And that he slurred his speech more than a drunk person loaded on a 5th of Jack Daniels.

- - - Updated - - -

And that he slurred his speech more than a drunk person loaded on a 5th of Jack Daniels. https://www.rawstory.com/trump-dementia-2653250004/

10+ Year Old Account
    You're gonna jail a lot of minorities in this country if you only assume/deduce vague intent, and measure any deaths from strokes, cardiac arrest, anything with heightened risk from stress, and shove them both together. Kaleredar tripped a guy, he happened to fall in such a way as to cause hospitalization and death, so clearly Kaleredar intended to cause harm, harm was caused, punish him for the harm.

Just by being part of the group, they're guilty of insurrection or rebellion. There's also myriad "accessory" type charges that could be applied, even if they weren't the individuals responsible for specific harm.

Y'know, basic legal shit, dude. Stop carrying water for anti-democratic cryptofascists.

10+ Year Old Account

Mark Hamill, channeling his Joker persona, had the best twitter response, I think:
    He’s clearly on the “no fly” list. #DiaperDon

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    So amongst the...sigh. Hold on.

Kaleredar tripped a guy, he happened to fall in such a way as to cause hospitalization and death
    If @Kaleredar happened to trip a guy unintentionally while walking down a crowded street, maybe this would be relevant.

Problem is, the context was the murderous insurrection. And you're defending the murderers. If I intentionally rob a bank, and while doing so bump into an old lady who falls and breaks her hip and dies, guess who goes to jail forever? Me.

It's called Felony Murder. @cubby will likely school you on the issue, but until that happens, it means "if you intentionally commit a felony and because of that felony someone dies, it doesn't matter if you killed them on purpose or even if you pulled the trigger, that's murder and you're fucked son." It happens during crimes that are inherently dangerous, such as "breaking through a federal guarded barricade to storm the Capitol building". Oh, and since this was the Capitol, it doesn't matter which states do or don't have felony murder rules -- there's a federal one. It's absolutely viable in exactly this context. Even those people who didn't directly murder anyone are in trouble -- they could 100% be charged and have to defend themselves. And while the death must have been in some way related to the felony, "we forced our way through federal guards trying to block the trespass and during such one of them was killed" is textbook.

I strongly recommend your next post be "whoa, I didn't know about that" because just about anything else you type, is defending first-degree murderers. Even something like "well some of the people at the back didn't know--" and any nontroll respose to that is "They were were breaking and entering the Capitol, they knew or they're legally incompetent". No rational American adult thinks the Capitol building is open for random people to roam around in. Neither do you.

Back down from this one. At best, you're defending traitors who broke into the Capitol, by saying "but they didn't murder anyone". That's already horrible. At worse, you're defending first-degree murderers. There is no outcome to your stance that makes you look good. Just walk away.

Back to what I was going to say: in yet another lawsuit about the murderous insurrection, Alabamer Rep. Mo Brooks has been subpoena'd in a lawsuit about his role. Other defendents include Trump, Donnie Dum-Dum Jr, and Giuliani.

"Oh my God! They broke into his house to serve the subpoena? That's illegal!"

What? Oh, you read Brook's tweet. No, that didn't happen.

"How can you be so sure?"

Well for one, in a debate between "member of the rabid fanbase" and "carbon-based life form chosen at random" I'll choose the latter as more honest without asking if they're even sentient. But secondly and more importantly, committing a felony to serve a subpoena is catastrophically stupid. In addition to, oh, committing a felony, you risk the entire lawsuit if you commit a felony while pursuing it. Can you imagine a judge treating the lawsuit's merits fairly after that? Also, you risk getting shot. No, until I see the police report where Rep. Brook's wife called 911, or any other evidence, I will assume Brooks is lying.

As a reminder, the reason the subpoena couldn't just be deliverd to Rep. Brook's office was due to security added because of the murderous insurrection. There was even an extention granted because Brooks kept evading the serving (and this evasion was well-documented).

"Man, serving Trump must have been hard."

Oh, Trump waived the need for the subpoena. Only Brooks made this an issue by demanding a serving, then hiding like a little bitch, then claiming his house was burgled. From his actions, one might suspect he's fucking terrified of testifying. (Trump might be too, but he's just saying he'll file a motion to dismiss because of "absolute immunity" no really those were his exact words)

"What did Brooks even say?"

He said Antifa caused the murderous insurrection.

Evidence growing that fascist ANTIFA orchestrated Capitol attack with clever mob control tactics.
    -- tweeted within 24 hours

"Okay that's stupid, but I meant, what did he say that got him sued?"

Today is the day American patriots start taking down names and kicking ass
    "...you sure?"

Best I could find.

"That sounds pretty tame, honestly. Why didn't he just fight the lawsuit on the merits? He'd probably win. It's not like 'kicking ass' is super specific."

Well again, I think he's afraid to testify. There are direct, relavent questions he could be asked on the stand that he doesn't want to answer, such as "When you told the crowd the election was stolen, did you believe it?" If he says "no" the rabid fanbase fucks his next election to death. If he says "yes" it's safer politically but he still has that on his "permanent record" so to speak.

As I've said plenty of times, lying to the American people isn't a crime, but lying on the stand is. Team Trump is desperate to avoid any form of enforced honesty. Even to the point, apparently, of making up phantom felonies just to avoid what looks like a lackluster lawsuit that doesn't have any real teeth.