10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Remember how these folks all want to SAVE THE KIDS?
    It's almost comical how much the GQP is just projection.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Considering you supported BLM and the damage they did to the average joe your claim of moral superority is rahter laugable . Also do not talk about fascist when you have no clue what fascism is.
    And Trumpism attacked the very symbol of the United States. It attacked the core idea of democracy(they tried to overturn an election through violence). And it did it with a smile on its face. BLM did none of those things. Anyone during a BLM protest that damaged buildings should be held accountable. Nobody has stated otherwise. But at NO TIME did a BLM protest ever attack the very symbol of the country.

Trumpism is the 21st century version of Fascist Germany/Italy. The same people that screamed "Nuke the middle east" after 9/11 because some Islamic extremists decided to attack the Trade Towers are the same exact people that have no issue using violence to overturn an election. Trumpism is the same color as those extremists. You have no ground to even state otherwise.

How about this? Since you like cult of personalities, go live in North Korea. I heard Trump loves Kim Jong Un. They are the best of friends. Seeing as you like to play fascist. Go live in a country that run by fascists.

I'll take the infraction if there is one gladly. These types of people offend me.

Considering you supported BLM and the damage they did to the average joe your claim of moral superority is rahter laugable . Also do not talk about fascist when you have no clue what fascism is.
    Oh, you mean where the instigators of white nationalists started the fires and looting? And you have no fucking clue what fascism is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And you have no fucking clue what fascism is.
    I'm pretty sure he's just got his definition reversed and regards anything other than fascism to be fascism.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capitol...injuries-riot/

It's almost been five full months and around 17 Capitol Police officers are still on leave due to injuries sustained during the "friendly tour" of the Capitol Building.

Just a reminder that these were violent, riotous fascists that stormed the Capitol, and that Republicans do not support law enforcement, including the literal very people who kept their asses alive as the mob outside erected gallows and screamed for their blood.
    Also remember how people screamed bloody murder over BLM supposedly burning down the literal entire country? Those same people are saying a few broken windows on 1/6 are not worth an investigation and they are literally making a martyr of the dumb bitch who tried to climb into the Capital through a broken window and in the same breath say the doors to the Capital were opened for them.

The gaslighting is real and it needs to stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    If they can be directly tied to the damage? Absolutely. Like if they were the ones that literally reached into their pants to grab the shit out of their ass to smear it on the walls? Absolutely.
    If? The fucking idiots made thousands of hours worth of video and audio that day and posted it to social media not to mention the parler dump.

- - - Updated - - -

You and everyone else supporting this crap are complicit in sedition. Democrats have ZERO issue holding their own accountable when they break the law or go too far. You and your ilk literally wanted to murder all of Congress and the VP. This will not stand. This will not be swept under the carpet. There will be consequences one way or another and if there is another attack on the capital people are going to be prepared for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You know what hurts people more than tipping over trash cans and breaking windows like you accuse BLM protestors of doing?

Killing people, which is what the Capitol insurrections both did and set out to do.
    It is fucking disgusting the way they are shrugging off deaths from 1/6 because it was due to "natural causes". There is nothing natural about otherwise healthy people being fine and then dying due to being fucking attacked by crazy Qanon insurrectionists.

The US is in an incredibly dark place right now and rule of law and the Constitution and our federal government have all failed us time and again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Dude, you literally complained about free speech, when people were opposing racists.

Just about everyone can claim the moral high ground.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...remists/page19
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9sw4LbYLcQ

People love to claim MLK was against rioting and violence in general but ultimately did acknowledge that when it is the last avenue it is something that has to happen. Last summer was about police brutality and this summer is about complete abdication of the GQP in their duty to serve this nation and people are going to respond to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    And Trumpism attacked the very symbol of the United States. It attacked the core idea of democracy(they tried to overturn an election through violence). And it did it with a smile on its face. BLM did none of those things. Anyone during a BLM protest that damaged buildings should be held accountable. Nobody has stated otherwise. But at NO TIME did a BLM protest ever attack the very symbol of the country.

Trumpism is the 21st century version of Fascist Germany/Italy. The same people that screamed "Nuke the middle east" after 9/11 because some Islamic extremists decided to attack the Trade Towers are the same exact people that have no issue using violence to overturn an election. Trumpism is the same color as those extremists. You have no ground to even state otherwise.

How about this? Since you like cult of personalities, go live in North Korea. I heard Trump loves Kim Jong Un. They are the best of friends. Seeing as you like to play fascist. Go live in a country that run by fascists.

I'll take the infraction if there is one gladly. These types of people offend me.
    Certain subreddits have been banning topics involving Trump and the insurrection and essentially trying to silence the backlash of 1/6 and what the GQP is doing right now not to mention the huge propaganda campaign trying to get people to stop talking about Trump or MTG or Boebart or basically anything that can be a threat to the GQP completing their agenda. I myself have been banned multiple times because I dared question how the DOJ has been doing literally nothing. I pointed out that if lack of arrests is due to a matter of incomplete investigations then Trump should have been arrested on January 20th for obstruction of justice something that had been resolved years earlier not only by Mueller but a bipartisan Senate committee. I also pointed out that same "new" DOJ fighting the Barr memo being released is sketchy as hell and got banned for it.

Democrats appear to be in majority rule in this country but it is smoke and mirrors. I think the elections we had in 2020 will end up being the last.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Also remember how people screamed bloody murder over BLM supposedly burning down the literal entire country? Those same people are saying a few broken windows on 1/6 are not worth an investigation and they are literally making a martyr of the dumb bitch who tried to climb into the Capital through a broken window and in the same breath say the doors to the Capital were opened for them.

The gaslighting is real and it needs to stop.

- - - Updated - - -

If? The fucking idiots made thousands of hours worth of video and audio that day and posted it to social media not to mention the parler dump.

- - - Updated - - -

You and everyone else supporting this crap are complicit in sedition. Democrats have ZERO issue holding their own accountable when they break the law or go too far. You and your ilk literally wanted to murder all of Congress and the VP. This will not stand. This will not be swept under the carpet. There will be consequences one way or another and if there is another attack on the capital people are going to be prepared for it.

- - - Updated - - -

It is fucking disgusting the way they are shrugging off deaths from 1/6 because it was due to "natural causes". There is nothing natural about otherwise healthy people being fine and then dying due to being fucking attacked by crazy Qanon insurrectionists.

The US is in an incredibly dark place right now and rule of law and the Constitution and our federal government have all failed us time and again.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9sw4LbYLcQ

People love to claim MLK was against rioting and violence in general but ultimately did acknowledge that when it is the last avenue it is something that has to happen. Last summer was about police brutality and this summer is about complete abdication of the GQP in their duty to serve this nation and people are going to respond to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Certain subreddits have been banning topics involving Trump and the insurrection and essentially trying to silence the backlash of 1/6 and what the GQP is doing right now not to mention the huge propaganda campaign trying to get people to stop talking about Trump or MTG or Boebart or basically anything that can be a threat to the GQP completing their agenda. I myself have been banned multiple times because I dared question how the DOJ has been doing literally nothing. I pointed out that if lack of arrests is due to a matter of incomplete investigations then Trump should have been arrested on January 20th for obstruction of justice something that had been resolved years earlier not only by Mueller but a bipartisan Senate committee. I also pointed out that same "new" DOJ fighting the Barr memo being released is sketchy as hell and got banned for it.

Democrats appear to be in majority rule in this country but it is smoke and mirrors. I think the elections we had in 2020 will end up being the last.
    The thing is people need to be upset. They need to go up to McConnel, McCarthy and any of the other ones and confront them, nonviolently of course, and demand to know why they will not support an investigation and not let up until they answer. Literally trap them in a corner and demand it. Once again, nonviolently.

Thing is when it comes to arresting people, that does take time. I know it sucks but, especially with someone like Trump, you have to have everything to be perfect or some lawyer will find a loophole for him to get out of. Think of this, it took them about 2 years to find Timothy McVeigh guilty of the Oklahoma City bombing and that was with him basically admitting to it. And the more high profile someone is or how politically connected they are, the worse it gets. Trump deserves to be in jail, I just don't want him to use a loophole or some random thing to get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Modern Republicans tick off every single one of those 14 points gleefully. Not accidentally, but as deliberate centers of their rhetoric, every one.
    Oh no, I know. I just want HIS definition of what makes a fascist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I just wanted to get that in there before the inevitable "it's never meant anything" bullhockey starts getting flung.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't hold your breath.
    /s

The thing is people need to be upset. They need to go up to McConnel, McCarthy and any of the other ones and confront them, nonviolently of course, and demand to know why they will not support an investigation and not let up until they answer. Literally trap them in a corner and demand it. Once again, nonviolently.

Thing is when it comes to arresting people, that does take time. I know it sucks but, especially with someone like Trump, you have to have everything to be perfect or some lawyer will find a loophole for him to get out of. Think of this, it took them about 2 years to find Timothy McVeigh guilty of the Oklahoma City bombing and that was with him basically admitting to it. And the more high profile someone is or how politically connected they are, the worse it gets. Trump deserves to be in jail, I just don't want him to use a loophole or some random thing to get out of it.
    It was already determined by Mueller and a bipartisan Senate committee that Trump should be charged with 10 counts of obstruction of justice and only reason why he wasn't indicted was because he was a sitting president. Trump stopped being president on January 20th. No arrest. No indictment. Nothing. I'm sorry but this is fucking bullshit and the very fact the current DOJ is fighting like hell to prevent the Barr memo from going public isn't very encouraging in terms of actually charging these traitors with anything.

Trump and the GQP are under federal protection currently. The US did in fact fall on 1/6 and many people clearly have yet to realize it.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who questions obvious fascism is likely fascist. How the fuck did the US get here? I mean I have watched it over decades and saw it happen but never though it would get to here.

I'm looking into getting involved with various campaigns and such but I am more or less certain 2020 was our last legitimate election. What needs to happen to address the current state of the US will not happen democratically or constitutionally or even legally. For fucks sake the GQP is floating the idea of Trump being speaker of the house which apparently doesnt require being elected to an office. That puts Trump 3rd in line of succession and all he needs is 2 unfortunate accidents to become POTUS. There is also the issue of being able to overturn the next presidential election.

People keep talking about "sleepy joe" but all people in the US have been asleep at the wheel for far too long including me. I am very awake now and many others are as well.

It is just sad. Things were finally changing and things were getting better in some ways and now we have literal traitors trying to take over. What is coming is going to be incredibly violent as it should be.

I'm not advocating violence and prefer it not to happen but with 34 of 50 states passing various voter suppression laws not to mention giving state legislatures the ability to overturn any election in their state we are basically fucked. GQP will take the House and Senate and pretend to have a legitimate presidential election in 2024. The US is lost. What makes this sting even more is a lot of current social media propaganda supporting GQP is telling people simply voting will resolve all of this. Voting won't fix vote suppression but people are falling for it yet again.

One way or another I am getting the fuck out of the US. I am 45 and would like to have some quality of life in my next few decades. That will be impossible in the US.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2021-06-06 at 03:46 AM.

It was already determined by Mueller and a bipartisan Senate committee that Trump should be charged with 10 counts of obstruction of justice and only reason why he wasn't indicted was because he was a sitting president. Trump stopped being president on January 20th. No arrest. No indictment. Nothing. I'm sorry but this is fucking bullshit and the very fact the current DOJ is fighting like hell to prevent the Barr memo from going public isn't very encouraging in terms of actually charging these traitors with anything.

Trump and the GQP are under federal protection currently. The US did in fact fall on 1/6 and many people clearly have yet to realize it.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who questions obvious fascism is likely fascist. How the fuck did the US get here? I mean I have watched it over decades and saw it happen but never though it would get to here.

I'm looking into getting involved with various campaigns and such but I am more or less certain 2020 was our last legitimate election. What needs to happen to address the current state of the US will not happen democratically or constitutionally or even legally. For fucks sake the GQP is floating the idea of Trump being speaker of the house which apparently doesnt require being elected to an office. That puts Trump 3rd in line of succession and all he needs is 2 unfortunate accidents to become POTUS. There is also the issue of being able to overturn the next presidential election.

People keep talking about "sleepy joe" but all people in the US have been asleep at the wheel for far too long including me. I am very awake now and many others are as well.

It is just sad. Things were finally changing and things were getting better in some ways and now we have literal traitors trying to take over. What is coming is going to be incredibly violent as it should be.

I'm not advocating violence and prefer it not to happen but with 34 of 50 states passing various voter suppression laws not to mention giving state legislatures the ability to overturn any election in their state we are basically fucked. GQP will take the House and Senate and pretend to have a legitimate presidential election in 2024. The US is lost. What makes this sting even more is a lot of current social media propaganda supporting GQP is telling people simply voting will resolve all of this. Voting won't fix vote suppression but people are falling for it yet again.

One way or another I am getting the fuck out of the US. I am 45 and would like to have some quality of life in my next few decades. That will be impossible in the US.
    The Speaker is a thing the House itself votes on. It is one of the representatives from the majority side so yes, the person needs to be elected first. Thing is, you need to look at history to see how close the US flirts with fascism. It did it during WW2 by putting people into internment camps. It did it after the Civil war with the various laws stating that black people couldn't vote and the like. The US has always been one step away from a fascist state as there are those that are out there that will always think like that. It is just that now some of the sitting politicians are peddling the same nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    How? Hard to say. But it has been there for a long time now. Hitler wrote how United States inspired him, for fucks sake. Particularly the Jim Crow laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

The Speaker is a thing the House itself votes on. It is one of the representatives from the majority side so yes, the person needs to be elected first.
    While the House always HAS chosen one of its own members as Speaker, there's technically no requirement that they do so.

Anyone who questions obvious fascism is likely fascist.
    I don't know whether you've been paying attention or not, but the whole Nazis are lefties and Fascism is not a thing has been a right wing talking point for years now.

The logic they use is about as deep as Nazis breath air, communists breath air. So Nazis are communists and Bernie Sanders is a Nazi.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-06-06 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    While the House always HAS chosen one of its own members as Speaker, there's technically no requirement that they do so.
    A Speaker doesn't have to be a sitting member of congress. Trump could get elected Speaker without being elected to Congress.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure where 2020 election relevalations go anymore, but here seems as good as any.

TX Attorney General says that if he'd allowed mail-in ballot applications to be mailed out, Texas would have gone for Biden.

Just another nail in the coffin of the GOP's assault on people voting.

Difference is supporting the BLM movement is not supporting the riots that occurred.

Whereas Trump supported the insurrection and was most likely caused it.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Not sure where 2020 election relevalations go anymore, but here seems as good as any.

TX Attorney General says that if he'd allowed mail-in ballot applications to be mailed out, Texas would have gone for Biden.

And he tried to say they were all illegal too.....

Kinda fits in with their voter ID stuff too. If Jim Bob Hodunk who doesn't know how the world works behind his deer stand wants to vote, he can use his weapon permit as his ID. But if you are going through college and actually learning the tax code and critical thinking skills, your college ID won't work.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Speaker is a thing the House itself votes on. It is one of the representatives from the majority side so yes, the person needs to be elected first. Thing is, you need to look at history to see how close the US flirts with fascism. It did it during WW2 by putting people into internment camps. It did it after the Civil war with the various laws stating that black people couldn't vote and the like. The US has always been one step away from a fascist state as there are those that are out there that will always think like that. It is just that now some of the sitting politicians are peddling the same nonsense.
    According to the Constitution the speaker position doesn't require being elected. It is tradition for the House to appoint an elected official in the House to that position but it isn't an actual requirement. The Constitution is full of these kinds of asinine loopholes and given events of the past few years I am ready to burn the fucking thing and start over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    How? Hard to say. But it has been there for a long time now. Hitler wrote how United States inspired him, for fucks sake. Particularly the Jim Crow laws.
    Yes. This is something I have been realizing over the past few years just from watching various documentaries and things about that time period. I suspected a lot of it but until lately didn't really have the historical context to make sense of it. The US civil war and everything that happened after definitely did impact how Hitler reformed the Weimar Republic into Nazi Germany. For fucks sake we have Godwin more or less telling people it is ok to call people Nazis now because that is what they are and it is frightening how much push back that has caused.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know whether you've been paying attention or not, but the whole Nazis are lefties and Fascism is not a thing has been a right wing talking point for years now.

The logic they use is about as deep as Nazis breath air, communists breath air. So Nazis are communists and Bernie Sanders is a Nazi.
    I fully realize that and it has been incredibly frustrating. I'm watching my country turn into something I want to have nothing to do with at all whatsoever but don't have the means to get out yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    A Speaker doesn't have to be a sitting member of congress. Trump could get elected Speaker without being elected to Congress.
    Which is stupid as hell hence why I have realized the only way to save the US is to destroy the constitution and start over. We need to get rid of these asinine loopholes and bake actual accountability into a new constitution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Unless HR1 becomes law 2020 is our last legitimate election and I am getting increasingly pissed off at people saying voting will fix not only voter suppression but also potential elections being overturned. This is just pants on head stupid. Yes voting is important but the systems of our governance have been hijacked by the states. Voting won't fix elections being overturned. 2020 election year was a learning experience for the GQP and 1/6 taught them what they need to do when "official" channels fail.

Also in terms of 1/6 we keep hearing from various mouthpieces that investigations are underway and we have to start from the bottom to arrest the people at the top I have only this to say: both Mueller and a Senate bipartisan committee came to the same conclusion which was that Trump committed obstruction of justice several years ago but he couldn't be arrested due to being POTUS. He stopped being POTUS on January 20th and no arrest happened. Then it shifted into how the DOJ can't arrest or investigate people without an attorney general (100% bold faced lie). So Garland is appointed. And...NOTHING. No arrest for Trump on his 10 charges of obstruction of justice.

The DOJ is compromised and they are literally fighting to prevent the full Barr memo from being released. I don't think Biden's administration is compromised but DC is filled with Trump loyalists and there hasn't been near enough effort in getting them out.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2021-06-07 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're holding up property damage as a bigger problem than innocent black lives, you're the problem, and you don't have a position worth discussing that isn't fundamentally predicated on hate and racism.
    Your reasoning is more less the same as the RAF. Didnt end well for them either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    So the democrats inspired Hilter. No suprise there.