Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    So the way mob XP works is that the first one to hit it gets all the credit. You also get less xp if you are in a party. So what you need to do is get a friend and teleport to a high level zone. High level, but not too high. You tag a mob and your friend who is not in your party kills it before the mob can reach you.

This is how I got 20-30 levels with Blue Mage in minutes.
    Do note that Blue Mages (Which isn't a traditional class and more akin to side content) have a rather large buff to XP gained from killing mobs in the over world. So you won't gain XP that quickly.

I'm rather new myself;
    being a lvl 53 PLD, 71 DRK i have leveled my whole time as a tank
    Overall it's true; it's a lot like in WoW, with the exception that there's no real "kill X boars" quests in the main story, so just mass-pulling won't get you ahead.

If you decide to roll a tank your best bet will be leveling trough "duty finder". Which is OK, but you will once again experience the woes of LFG leveling in WoW.
    (i mean the "gogogo or i pull" mentality)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Do note that Blue Mages (Which isn't a traditional class and more akin to side content) have a rather large buff to XP gained from killing mobs in the over world. So you won't gain XP that quickly.
    True, but the method still works, only at a slower pace. It can give you a nice boost if queues are long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post

If you decide to roll a tank your best bet will be leveling trough "duty finder". Which is OK, but you will once again experience the woes of LFG leveling in WoW.
    (i mean the "gogogo or i pull" mentality)
    Yes, that is true, But you can take back control by not using your tanking cooldowns if they pull. I've had a tank do that yesterday. Honestly I don't recommend rolling tank as your main job because people do kinda expect you to take the lead.

Oh and welcome to Eorzea, Zmagoslav? How are you enjoying yourself?