Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    New patch is out, separate options for VO and dialogue, bugfixes, no more 1 million starting credits in ME2 (RIP).

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Just finished ME3 as Soldier, and it was mostly a Vindicator run. That gun strikes way too good balance between accuracy, damage and weight.
    It is pretty good. Not as busted as the Mattock is in ME2, but really ME3 has tons of good and fun weapons, the Executioner, Javelin and Crusader are also pretty wild.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    New patch is out, separate options for VO and dialogue, bugfixes, no more 1 million starting credits in ME2 (RIP).
    Glad I finished ME2. I get why they changed that, it made the game really easy. However, it just made sense that your money would carry over between the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Glad I finished ME2. I get why they changed that, it made the game really easy. However, it just made sense that your money would carry over between the games.
    Not only your cash, but funding as well. In game they talk about how expensive it was to bring you back, and then they just give you only some pocket change?
    Made no sense whatsoever.

But creds are aplenty, so it only slows you down a little bit in the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

The change to the credits import is bullshit that just makes the game less fun. How about adjusting the credits in ME3 instead so we can actually afford to buy shit. They even made us buy the DLC gear which is a straight up nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The change to the credits import is bullshit that just makes the game less fun. How about adjusting the credits in ME3 instead so we can actually afford to buy shit. They even made us buy the DLC gear which is a straight up nerf.
    I never got any of that gear in my vanilla runs since I didn't preorder from GameStop/711/Target/Whatever else bullshit. To me the games just seemed to have much more gear for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The gear in ME2 is reasonably priced, but I heard the ME3 weapons cost like 100 000 for some of them which is kinda nuts even considering that game's higher credit income. I do prefer integrating the DLC gear to the game rather than vomitting them at the player the moment they take control of the Normandy but there's gotta be method to the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The gear in ME2 is reasonably priced, but I heard the ME3 weapons cost like 100 000 for some of them which is kinda nuts even considering that game's higher credit income. I do prefer integrating the DLC gear to the game rather than vomitting them at the player the moment they take control of the Normandy but there's gotta be method to the madness.
    The preorder bonus gear is overpowered, so it is expensive to balance it out now.

You can just edit the savegame if you care about cash that much.

If you are playing on a console, well, rip as usual

Oof. Just when I started enjoying the game I got my first taste of the Mako. I already don't like shooter heavy games, but I thought I'd tough it our for Mass Effect's RPG elements and story. Then I got dropped into the derp tank. Does driving the Mako make up a good portion of the game? Does it somehow get better? It's just not an enjoyable part of the game at all. I might have to throw in the towel on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Oof. Just when I started enjoying the game I got my first taste of the Mako. I already don't like shooter heavy games, but I thought I'd tough it our for Mass Effect's RPG elements and story. Then I got dropped into the derp tank. Does driving the Mako make up a good portion of the game? Does it somehow get better? It's just not an enjoyable part of the game at all. I might have to throw in the towel on this one.
    It's a good chunk of the game. Most story critical planets have you use it at least once, and EVERY minor planet involved in side quests have it. I hated it at first, to the point where I even QUIT ME1 due to the mission on Noveria. But I stuck with it and it grew on me. Once I learned the physics, I loved it. I was actually sad that ME2 replaced it.

alot of the side content is driving around on planets in the mako finding enemy bases etc. If you focus on the main story alone the driving sections aren't that prevalent compared to the talky shooty parts of the game, they are on probably every plot centric planet but its a small part of the overall activity you do. One thing I found helpful in terms of driving it on mouse and keyboard was to change the controls so that you can turn the turret without the mako going in that direction very helpful, I might be odd for prefering to steer exclusively with wasd, but it atleast gave me more control of the very unwieldy vehicle.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2021-06-12 at 10:35 PM.

Decouple the driving controls from turret aiming and it will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    It's a good chunk of the game. Most story critical planets have you use it at least once, and EVERY minor planet involved in side quests have it. I hated it at first, to the point where I even QUIT ME1 due to the mission on Noveria. But I stuck with it and it grew on me. Once I learned the physics, I loved it. I was actually sad that ME2 replaced it.
    The sections tied to the story are a bit more tolerable because their paths are somewhat straightforward.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Every single major planet has a Mako section, and every single optional planet has at least a bit of driving to get to your objective. You could certainly just lower the difficulty to minimum for these sections to make the combat at least be a breeze but yeah, it's still shit to drive regardless and there's not much you can do about it unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Decouple the driving controls from turret aiming and it will be fine.
    It's bizarre that it's turned on by default, it makes the driving parts frustrating and unfun.

Picked it up and having been making my way through ME1 as an engineer on insanity mode - and they made it ludicrously easy mode. The fact that as an engineer i can whip out the sniper rifle at any time I want and have perfect accuracy is a vast, vast change from the original game where the thing swayed like crazy.

And picking up the ally achievements for ME1 go made very easy as well. It used to be you had to do 75% of the missions with them (so you had to stick with 2 characters on a playthrough) but now it is just 5 missions. I'd got 3, and their bonuses, before I'd left the citadel for the first time.

Anyone else had their ME2 character not look anywhere near the same in ME3? The ME1 to ME2 conversion wasn't bad beyond sudden blonde eyebrows, but my ME3 character looks very different, the complexion especially is quite off the mark and the end result is not what I want. I tried to manually recreate him via restarting and had mixed success as well even if it's better than the import.

Since the first time I ever played a Mass Effect game with the sequel in 2010 I've only ever played as female Shepard. I tried the male character at first but I found the voice very wooden. Femshep's VA was on another level so I stuck with that.

After finishing my playthrough of the LE with my renegade femshep last night I tried making a male Shepard for a paragon playthrough. Made a pretty decent face that I was happy with... and then he spoke. The male VA sounds so bad to me, like there's no emotional connection at all. It's like he was given random phrases with no context and told to read them neutrally. It's almost as bad as Farengar in Skyrim.

Does it get better? I'd like to switch things up by playing a male Shepard for once but I don't think I can stand that bad VA for the whole trilogy.