Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    If we say 1 is Molten Core and 5 is Heroic LK, where would you put Kara/Gruul difficulty now that the xpac has been out a while and more people have raided it?
    1 - they got cleared in first 24 hours.

old raids are a joke when done by people with 15+ years of experience .

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    Wasnt HC LK one the bosses that took longest from release -> killed? or was that Yogg saron? correct me if i`m wrong here, might be the reason for OP`s scale

Edit: i googled it myself, i`m wrong here
    You should rather look for how many trys were done by each guild before killing it. Else Ragnaros would be the hardest boss of all time/ any buggy boss / boss which was timegated like LK

If we say 1 is Molten Core and 5 is Heroic LK, where would you put Kara/Gruul difficulty now that the xpac has been out a while and more people have raided it?
    Kara a 1.5-2 depending on gear. Gruul a 1-1.5. Gruul is easy

#1 Ouro - 87 days from the Twin Emperors' death. (1 day from C'thun's death) 26th April 2006.
    #2 C'thun - 86 days from the Twin Emperors' death. 25th April 2006.
    #3 Yogg-Saron, Alone in the Darkness - 83 days from General Vezax's death. (39 days from STARS' previous Ulduar kill) 7th July 2009
    #4 Nefarian* - 75 days from Chromaggus' death. 26th September 2005. (15 minute respawn between attempts)
    #5 Ragnaros* - 74 days from Majordomo Executus' death (Limited Attempts). 25th April 2005.
    #6 High Astromancer Solarian - 59 days from Magtheridon's death. (24 days from Death Wish's previous tier 5 kill) 24th April 2007
    #7 The Four Horsemen - 56 days from Gothik the Harvester's death to D&T's kill. August 25th 2006
    #8 Lady Vashj* <Coilfang Matron> - 54 days from being unlocked. 5th May 2007 (17 days for Nihilum's bugged kill)
    #9 Al'ar <Phoenix God> - 48 days from Magtheridon's death. 13th April 2007
    #10 Heroic The Lich King* - 42 Days from Heroic Putricide's death (first pull). March 26th 2010 (Limited Attempts)

Kara 1.5 / Gruul 1 / Not moving on Flame Wreath >9,000

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    You should rather look for how many trys were done by each guild before killing it. Else Ragnaros would be the hardest boss of all time/ any buggy boss / boss which was timegated like LK
    10- Blackhand 325:
    9- Jaina 346 : ( Was in one week and with LOTS of mythic+ farming , probably most insane in preparation)
    8- Queen Azshara 359:
    7- Fallen Avatar 453:
    6- WoD Archimonde 472:
    5- Yogg-Saron 500+:
    4- Firelands Rag 500+:
    3- Garrosh 638:
    2- Legion Kil'jaeden 654:
    1- Uu'nat 731:

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I'd say:
    - Kara: 3/10
    - Gruul: 2/10
    - Magtheridon: 4/10

... but then HC LK would be around 7/10 not 5/10 as you stated OP.
    Not true. Heroic LK was not even killed until the buff went higher. It is literally a 5/5 difficulty boss.

Not true. Heroic LK was not even killed until the buff went higher. It is literally a 5/5 difficulty boss.
    thing is if you're being completely honest, heroic LK and the ttk is grossly inflated because of the limited pull count.

Kara 2, Gruul 1.

Gruul is basically a retardation / gear check.

Karazhan also tests patience.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Dont play tbc because it is hard, play because its fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Kara 1.5 / Gruul 1 / Not moving on Flame Wreath >9,000
    I said it as a joke but now my guild has a pool of who we think will be the first to wipe us from it and who does it the most. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Dont play tbc because it is hard, play because its fun.
    Well what if it's hard and then guilds want to class stack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    thing is if you're being completely honest, heroic LK and the ttk is grossly inflated because of the limited pull count.
    If we're comparing bosses, the game is so different from Cata onwards.
    So if we're choosing a boss to be 5/5 difficulty who else would it be? Yogg + 0?

Then join a guild that lets you play the class you like (going back to Speedlance's advice to have fun)

You're playing a very old game because you want to relive it. Don't let some GM tell you to reroll so that they can be server 50th on a 14 yr old boss

The challenge a lot of guilds have created is the ability to do things extremely fast. Speedrunning is what most guilds are doing if they hardcore class stack. Their challenge is beating the clock not the content.

But then you ask, well, why does this bleed down to people that do not speedrun. Well the answer is simple. Even people that don't want to speedrun will look something that works, makes things easier, or just plan "owns" and will want to be apart of that as well. Has a lot to do with how people game these days compared to the past. People don't want to learn by experience they want to emulate someone that is experienced and finish things as fast as possible, doing as little as possible, but getting maximum rewards as much as possible. I personally think this sucks, but I don't run these people's lives and I do not care enough to really try to change it even IF I did so at the end of the day it's just how it is.

Truth is though a vast majority of guilds and players do not really practice this. It is what you see in streams. It is what you see on youtube. It is what you will hear about on forums that have people that spend large amounts of time playing and reading about the game. But are a real "most" of the players are class stacking, cheesing encounters, and breaking the game with consume tricks and shit? No, not in the slightest. Plenty of guilds are out there that will work their way through content with wipes, learning, and eventually mastering. Probably at a pretty quick rate because of info on the web being available and they won't have the need to class stack.

If we're comparing bosses, the game is so different from Cata onwards.
    So if we're choosing a boss to be 5/5 difficulty who else would it be? Yogg + 0?
    lots of stuff from wotlk would be 5/5.

firefigher, yogg+1, yogg+0, twin valkyrs, anub, putricide, lanathel, sidnragosa, lich king, red sanctum boss. maybe a few more.

then just about everythign else from wotlk + maybe a few TBC bosses would 4/5.

most of TBC would be 3/5

and classic would have the 1s and 2s.

you don't have much wiggleroom with just a 5/5 scale.

the more interesting question is where do you put bosses like kaelthas/vashj/illidan/4horsemans.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-06-08 at 03:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to worry about that till sunwell anyway

Gruul is a DPS check. Krosh is a IQ check. Same for Prince and Chess, respectively.

But difficulty I'd say they're both 2/10 or 2/5.

Kara has a few extra bosses that are kinda hard, if you're not geared, or don't know the mechanics. Like nightbane or netherspite.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Gruul is a DPS check. Krosh is a IQ check. Same for Prince and Chess, respectively.

But difficulty I'd say they're both 2/10 or 2/5.

Kara has a few extra bosses that are kinda hard, if you're not geared, or don't know the mechanics. Like nightbane or netherspite.
    Gruul isn't even that much of a DPS check. Our raid team went in with 4 tanks and 7 healers, fight was 8 ½ minutes long, but we killed him. At around 8 minutes our 1-day-at-70 prot paladin OT got one shot.

15 man Gruul possible now?

there is some level of RNG going on at the moment, not many of us tank are actually crit capped, I just managed to pug half of kara before reset, we did attumen, moroes, maiden, our opera was Oz, curator and then we cleared all the way to the chess event with 5 minutes till server reset and, no chest spawned.

in terms of difficulty its not hard more than you just lack the gear to do well, in full t3 the mobs in kara were still hitting me on average for about 4k the mobs after the curator were getting 8k double swing bursts. and a lot of the other trash is actually harder than the bosses. harder hitting anyway. some of it just does nasty stuff like aoe volley spells, or they explode on death, enrage and do a tonne more melee damage. the bosses themselves weren't so bad, my defence is at 456, so a fair amount under cap, the curator crit me once for 5k but your rng can vary. we wiped on moroes once, but one shot maiden, one shot opera, one shot curator. it didn't seem too bad but it did feel like I was a good rng roll from being gibbed. we didn't have a priest and the pala wasn't doing kings so I had about 13k hp at most.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-06-09 at 02:07 AM.