Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    O shit.....i need to cover my tracks better.

Btw your avatar is the first bad guy I was even slightly interested in the entire FF14 narrative. I really liked Emet.
    I was all for the Rejoining... didn't feel right opposing him.

At the risk of feeding it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Haha come on there's no chance DR's will ever be a thing now. Sylv is dropping a hunter only weapon with a dark ranger ability. It's dead. At most it could potentially be a 4th spec but not a class.
    You mean dead like the demon hunter class because Illidan dropped both his warglaives and blindfold when we killed him, just like Sylvanas can drop her bow and quiver when we kill her?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    What? That's nowhere near the actual comparison. Engineers absolutely cover the same fantasy. You fucking build robots and mounts with engineering.
    Can you fight in those mounts? Can you actually use those robots and deal significant damage? Even all bombs are on a 5 min CD.

They do cover those fantasies. What's keeping an alchemist from making monk brews? What's Keeping an enchanter from making shammy or DK weapon enchants.

They're similar but just have enough difference to seperate them. Same as a full ledge Tinker and an Engineer. They're just different specialization in a field.

Like surgeons and physician's, they're both doctors but can necessarily do what the other can in the same capacity.

The lack of details in this expansion idea set aside, I feel the greatest problem for me is by creating an united "Undermine/Dragon Isles Expansion". Both have easily enough material for a setting of their own. Own Settings, regions, storyline, systems. Each one just being part of another Expansion seems like a waste.

Granted, the same is true for many big areas/story threads woven into expansions and BFA had with Mechagon/Nazjatar at least two examples of this, but I want the existing areas we already have in lore properly brought in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    At the risk of feeding it:

You mean dead like the demon hunter class because Illidan dropped both his warglaives and blindfold when we killed him, just like Sylvanas can drop her bow and quiver when we kill her?
    Did, the warglaives grant metamorphosis? Will there be another death related expansion with a dark ranger as a major figure?

come on...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    The lack of details in this expansion idea set aside, I feel the greatest problem for me is by creating an united "Undermine/Dragon Isles Expansion". Both have easily enough material for a setting of their own. Own Settings, regions, storyline, systems. Each one just being part of another Expansion seems like a waste.

Granted, the same is true for many big areas/story threads woven into expansions and BFA had with Mechagon/Nazjatar at least two examples of this, but I want the existing areas we already have in lore properly brought in game.
    Undermine is just a city... If it wasn't part of the broken isles or BFA's island setting then how will it have it's own expansion?

Can you fight in those mounts? Can you actually use those robots and deal significant damage? Even all bombs are on a 5 min CD.

They do cover those fantasies. What's keeping an alchemist from making monk brews? What's Keeping an enchanter from making shammy or DK weapon enchants.

They're similar but just have enough difference to seperate them. Same as a full ledge Tinker and an Engineer. They're just different specialization in a field.

Like surgeons and physician's, they're both doctors but can necessarily do what the other can in the same capacity.
    Tinkers won't be able to fight in mounts either because that would be WAY too broken. The fantasy of a tinker is already covered by engineers.

Tinkers won't be able to fight in mounts either because that would be WAY too broken. The fantasy of a tinker is already covered by engineers.
    Not to mention that "Tinker" concept is also shouldered by three playable races. There are more than enough transmog options in addition to make for a veritable legion of Tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Not to mention that "Tinker" concept is also shouldered by three playable races. There are more than enough transmog options in addition to make for a veritable legion of Tinkers.
    I'd rather tinker stay in a deep dark hole than have a class that is only playable by the worst fucking races in game.

How would that be broken? You cant base balance off of a theme. They wouldn't be running at 100% and wouldnt have a separate health bar. If you total your car chances are you aint walking out of that lol.

And again, engineers don't cover the entire cover the fantasy in it's full glory, the way an actual class can.

If anything rename engineer to "life Improvement", haha.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather tinker stay in a deep dark hole than have a class that is only playable by the worst fucking races in game.
    Who says they'd be for gnomes and goblins only? F that, anyone can be a tinker.

How would that be broken? You cant base balance off of a theme. They wouldn't be running at 100% and wouldnt have a separate health bar. If you total your car chances are you aint walking out of that lol.

And again, engineers don't cover the entire cover the fantasy in it's full glory, the way an actual class can.

If anything rename engineer to "life Improvement", haha.
    Because it gives the tinker a secon health bar. That's not happening.

And engineers absolutely cover the full fantasy. The only people who disagree are diehards who think making a full class out of it is somehow different even though it's really not.

Missing my point: literally any class you make on those races is a Tinker already.

And engineers absolutely cover the full fantasy. The only people who disagree are diehards who think making a full class out of it is somehow different even though it's really not.
    No it wouldn't. If you kill a tinker in their mech the mech blows up and bye bye tinker, like black fuse in siege of org. If a tinker ejects they'd be close to useless. All the mechanics can be finessed to prevent a balance shit storm.

Theme wise, yes you can argue that engineering can cover the theme. But engineering isn't a class and it's mechanics don't cover the fantasy the way a tinker class could.

People wanna be liek mekattorke or gazloe, not varian or jaina that can glob a bomb every 5 minutes.

Again, just see it as engineering is just a lower form of tech than being a tinker. Like a nurse compared to a physician with a medical degree.

i wonder what the tinker thread spammers will do when blizzard will decide to finaly make a tinker class.

Ps : it will never happen

Did, the warglaives grant metamorphosis?
    Does the bow and quiver grant the ability to turn into a banshee like Sylvanas?

Will there be another death related expansion with a dark ranger as a major figure?
    Maybe. Maybe not. We don't know. But remember that THE demon hunter character died at the end of TBC, along with many, many other demon hunters, which would raise the question: "will there be another demon-related expansion with a demon hunter as a major figure?" way back in the later days of TBC.

Did, the warglaives grant metamorphosis? Will there be another death related expansion with a dark ranger as a major figure?

come on...
    Warlocks had metamorphosis and we still got Demon Hunters. Cursed Vision of Sargeras (blindfolds) granted Spectral Sight. I wouldn't count anything out given that the Demon Hunter has killed the precedent that any 'borrowed power' is any replacement for an actual class.

Or, what about this spin?

Tinkers are Pilots, consumers, users of the tool's they are given.

Like a combat pilot, they have an intimate understanding of how their machine works, but they cant engineer it into creation.

The Tinker's Union provides the mechs and gadgets, but the tinker utilizes it.

Engineers actually build the gear. Like a hunter using a gun, they may not necessarily be an engineer to craft a gun, but they can sure as hell use it.

Mechagnomes failed we dont need this thread every week.

7+ Year Old Account
    And here we go again...

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Warlocks had metamorphosis and we still got Demon Hunters. Cursed Vision of Sargeras (blindfolds) granted Spectral Sight. I wouldn't count anything out given that the Demon Hunter has killed the precedent that any 'borrowed power' is any replacement for an actual class.
    Meta for locks was a mistake corrected by the inclusion of DH's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Does the bow and quiver grant the ability to turn into a banshee like Sylvanas?

Maybe. Maybe not. We don't know. But remember that THE demon hunter character died at the end of TBC, along with many, many other demon hunters, which would raise the question: "will there be another demon-related expansion with a demon hunter as a major figure?" way back in the later days of TBC.
    No but it grants Wailing shot... A dark ranger skill one could argue given who it drops from : /

Yeah but Legion was the ultimate ending for the burnign legion, the chances are very VERY slim for another demon expansion. Same goes for SL, it's the ultimate story for death, probably a finale for the lich king saga. You really think they'll be an expansion that'll top the cosmic force of death? Dont just be a devil's advocate just because I don't work in blizz and cant say for sure what stupid redundant plans they might have to recycle.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-06-08 at 05:19 PM.

No but it grants Wailing shot... A dark ranger skill : /
    Just like the blindfold gave the wearer the demon hunter ability to track demons. And the bow and quiver, just like the blindfold and warglaives, are going to be replaced next expansion by better weapons and cloak. Hell, they might be replaced still in this very expansion, in the next raid tier.

Yeah but Legion was the ultimate ending for the burnign legion, the chances are very VERY slim for another demon expansion.
    I'm talking about TBC. Shadowlands is in the exact same boat as TBC expansion: a VIP character who players want a class based off from is going to (likely) die, just like Illidan died in TBC.