Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Just like the blindfold gave the wearer the demon hunter ability to track demons. And the bow and quiver, just like the blindfold and warglaives, are going to be replaced next expansion by better weapons and cloak. Hell, they might be replaced still in this very expansion, in the next raid tier.

I'm talking about TBC. Shadowlands is in the exact same boat as TBC expansion: a VIP character who players want a class based off from is going to (likely) die, just like Illidan died in TBC.
    Okay I get you, assuming Sylvanas comes back similar to Illidan. Then, yeah I guess I can see a DR in that manner.

I just find it hard to believe that blizzard didnt introduce DR's as a class in SL if they have any intentions to make them outside of a 4th spec for hunters or as a mere skin via a quest chain like lock green fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    You forgot to mention - the Dragon Isles are in SPACE
    No no, UNDERGROUND in SPACE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    ...then one day we wake up and realize that everything that happened in the last season, er, expansion has been a dream.
    Or take a page from the Lost finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Meta for locks was a mistake corrected by the inclusion of DH's.
    Which can also be corrected for Dark Rangers if and when Blizzard decides to make them a class.

I mean honestly, this applies to any class.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post

Btw your avatar is the first bad guy I was even slightly interested in the entire FF14 narrative. I really liked Emet.
    Me too. And most of the fanbase. In a japanese poll he was voted the sixth most popular character in the Final Fantasy franchise. Beating out every other villain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    No no, UNDERGROUND in SPACE.

- - - Updated - - -

No, no. The are UNDERSPACE.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Which can also be corrected for Dark Rangers if and when Blizzard decides to make them a class.

I mean honestly, this applies to any class.
    Yeah, these "evidence" and "precedent" arguments are repetitive, asinine, and ultimately pointless.

Blizzard can and will do whatever they want to in the moment. They don't have the foresight to set things up a decade in advance, nor do they care about precedent (in patterns largely imagined to exist by the playerbase) enough to allow it to stop them from acting on something.

The next class will be the Tinker for the Dragon isles expansion.

Undermine will be the next Oribos, Dalaran, Shatrath, Etc

Wrathion is looking for the dragon isles, which are more than likely hidden via titan tech similar to Uldum before the Cataclysm. He also has a new titanic friend in the form of MOTHER.

What’s going to happen is that Wrathion will employ the Tinker’s Union, gather all teh word’s best tinkers under one roof and combine their tech, with MOTHER’s titan tech, and his draconic essences that we gathered to empower our HoA and use them to locate teh dragon isles.

They succeed and thus Wrathion funds the Tinker Unions efforts and they’re able to spread their influence across azeroth.

Dragonsworn will instead be the next covenants unfortunately.
    I think they are leading to a Yrel Expansion. They have laid WAY to much groundwork in legion and BFA for this to not come up soon. Maghar story showing us what she's become, Army of Light, Turalyon currently leading the alliance, some new lore regarding the light in shadowlands and a mention of Lothraxion.

I have been a long time theorist that Xe'ra has been in some weird time loop. We know that the Naru can live outside the normal time/universe stream and it is how Turalyon ended up in a 1000 year war. I think that the AU Xe'ra and MU Xe'ra are the same Xe'ra and that the Army of light that Yrel has is the SAME army of light we run into in legion, just over 1000 years later in their time. I can see an expansion where AU Xe'ra and Yrel come to Azeroth to "cleanse" it forcing Turalyon to have to make some tough choices. I think he will side with them at first thinking its all for th greater good only to realize later he was wrong and ultimately help us defeat Yrel. By the end he will end up going to lead the army of light. This scenario answers a few question, first and foremost is how Lothraxion knew where to find the young Turalyon in outland when he went and grabbed them to begin with... he knew because the older Turalyon told him. Old Turalyon and Xe'ra at that point would have known all the events that had happened in Turalyon's past, those event would STILL need to happen for Azeroth to win in legion so it turns into a big circle. The second thing this would explain , well explain better is how Turalyon became so revered amongst the naaru and Draenei to get the title "High Exarch". The one thing that wouldn't be clear still is if young Turalyon and old Turalyon were ever together in 1 place or if the young was grabbed to take over for the elder due to him being killed or something else.

We know blizz loves timey whimey shit and all the pieces are there for something on this scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Me too. And most of the fanbase. In a japanese poll he was voted the sixth most popular character in the Final Fantasy franchise. Beating out every other villain.
    I need to play through ShB again. I was pretty annoyed by and dismissive of him when he was first introduced, but was blown away by certain developments down the line and he quickly became a favourite. Much like Alphinaud, actually...

10+ Year Old Account
    Modified thread title to note that this is obvious speculation/rumor.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I think they are leading to a Yrel Expansion. They have laid WAY to much groundwork in legion and BFA for this to not come up soon. Maghar story showing us what she's become, Army of Light, Turalyon currently leading the alliance, some new lore regarding the light in shadowlands and a mention of Lothraxion.

I have been a long time theorist that Xe'ra has been in some weird time loop. We know that the Naru can live outside the normal time/universe stream and it is how Turalyon ended up in a 1000 year war. I think that the AU Xe'ra and MU Xe'ra are the same Xe'ra and that the Army of light that Yrel has is the SAME army of light we run into in legion, just over 1000 years later in their time. I can see an expansion where AU Xe'ra and Yrel come to Azeroth to "cleanse" it forcing Turalyon to have to make some tough choices. I think he will side with them at first thinking its all for th greater good only to realize later he was wrong and ultimately help us defeat Yrel. By the end he will end up going to lead the army of light. This scenario answers a few question, first and foremost is how Lothraxion knew where to find the young Turalyon in outland when he went and grabbed them to begin with... he knew because the older Turalyon told him. Old Turalyon and Xe'ra at that point would have known all the events that had happened in Turalyon's past, those event would STILL need to happen for Azeroth to win in legion so it turns into a big circle. The second thing this would explain , well explain better is how Turalyon became so revered amongst the naaru and Draenei to get the title "High Exarch". The one thing that wouldn't be clear still is if young Turalyon and old Turalyon were ever together in 1 place or if the young was grabbed to take over for the elder due to him being killed or something else.

We know blizz loves timey whimey shit and all the pieces are there for something on this scale.
    There was no “outside of time streams” it was an actual place where time worked differently

I will be a very happy man when World of Warcraft ends as a game and there's no Tinker class or Dragon Isles.

Meta for locks was a mistake corrected by the inclusion of DH's.
    Yeah, if by "fixed" you mean taking one of the most innovative, engaging and therefore fun class designs ever implemented in WoW (by the best class designer no less) and turning it into the most basic melee class imaginable, while simultaniously replacing the cool visuals and glyphs with a bored down version.

Lorewise it might be a fix, gameplay wise DHs were a mistake that took 2 expasions to fix. For all parties involved.

What's with the Bellular hate-jerk in this thread?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    What's with the Bellular hate-jerk in this thread?
    there only one another even more powerful clicbaiter than bellular, dalalan gaming. (so hate is deserved)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    there only one another even more powerful clicbaiter than bellular, dalalan gaming. (so hate is deserved)
    Isn't hate a bit of a strong word for such a trivial thing? YouTubers these days NEED clickbait-y thumbnails to prevent the algorithm fucking them over.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    Isn't hate a bit of a strong word for such a trivial thing? YouTubers these days NEED clickbait-y thumbnails to prevent the algorithm fucking them over.
    This is true... but there comes a point at which you're trying to work the algorithm to the point that the actual content of your channel is either lost or diluted and buried to the point that it might as well be lost. When you're focused in on publishing on a tight, regular schedule with videos that light up all the right keywords, you lose the focus on the content that actually gave you the platform in the first place.

I'm not saying that YouTubers shouldn't play with the algorithm. But you need to find the correct balance.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    This is true... but there comes a point at which you're trying to work the algorithm to the point that the actual content of your channel is either lost or diluted and buried to the point that it might as well be lost. When you're focused in on publishing on a tight, regular schedule with videos that light up all the right keywords, you lose the focus on the content that actually gave you the platform in the first place.

I'm not saying that YouTubers shouldn't play with the algorithm. But you need to find the correct balance.
    I agree with this tbh, just thought it was a bit mad that someone said a YouTuber deserves hate for... well, being a YouTuber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    What? That's nowhere near the actual comparison. Engineers absolutely cover the same fantasy. You fucking build robots and mounts with engineering.
    The fantasy is fully performing class roles (tanking/DPS/Healing) with Tinker and technology-based abilities.

Engineering does not fulfill that fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    It's worth noting that Yrel's Lightbound would be technology-based antagonists. Thus it wouldn't be out of the question for a technology-based class to be introduced in such an expansion.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-06-08 at 06:51 PM.

The fantasy is performing class roles (tanking/DPS/Healing) with Tinker and technology-based abilities.

Engineering does not fulfill that fantasy.
    I was wondering when you'd crash in here like the kool-aid man with your wrong opinions about engineering. Class roles have NOTHING to do with the fantasy behind a class. Engineering more than functions as a way to fullfill the fantasy of a tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering when you'd crash in here like the kool-aid man with your wrong opinions about engineering. Class roles have NOTHING to do with the fantasy behind a class. Engineering more than functions as a way to fullfill the fantasy of a tinker.
    CLASS roles have nothing to do with CLASS fantasy?

Are you sure you want to continue?

CLASS roles have nothing to do with CLASS fantasy?

Are you sure you want to continue?
    How’s this spin for those who believe engineering covers this fantasy.

Tinkers are Pilots, consumers, users of the tool’s they are given.

Like a combat pilot, they have an intimate understanding of how their machine works, but they cant engineer it into creation.

The Tinker’s Union provides the mechs and gadgets, but the tinker utilizes it.

Engineers actually build the gear. Like a hunter using a gun, they may not necessarily be an engineer to craft a gun, but they can sure as hell use it.

Hell before Cata hunters needed ammo from engineers to even function.