Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...is it just the same "client" on Steam? Got this downloaded for tomorrow but not sure what's going on with it. 80GB bloody download, so I imagine it's both games? Oh well, doesn't seem to be working now so I'll wait until tomorrow to give it a spin. At the very least it looks a lot better visually which should help with things.
    Not sure, last night when I went looking before it was updated to new genesis is was over 100gb download, now it's considerably less, but I read new genesis was only something like a 30gb download, so I'm really not sure, and it doesn't seem like anyone knows what's up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Jesus fuck the future looks grim for MMOs doesn't it.
    The past you mean, this is hardly a new game :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Proves my point, no? That the latest entry in the MMO market in the west is not only an animetitty MMO but an OLD animetitty MMO.
    Except we've got New World for later this year, plus crowdfunded games are getting close to launch (Crowfall launches next month), plus quite a few bigger budget MMO's in production that haven't been announced including one from Zenimax Online Studios. Not to mention some more imports on the way like A:IR and Crimson Desert.

This is a myopic take on the MMO scene right now.

So...is it just the same "client" on Steam? Got this downloaded for tomorrow but not sure what's going on with it. 80GB bloody download, so I imagine it's both games? Oh well, doesn't seem to be working now so I'll wait until tomorrow to give it a spin. At the very least it looks a lot better visually which should help with things.
    Yeah, both games are in the same client. Which kinda sucks because they effectively put the first game into maintenance mode a year early, while at the same time increasing its system requirements so it can't run without a cpu that didn't exist when the game first launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Yeah, both games are in the same client. Which kinda sucks because they effectively put the first game into maintenance mode a year early, while at the same time increasing its system requirements so it can't run without a cpu that didn't exist when the game first launched.
    Gotcha. Will have to reinstall, it refused to start and verifying triggered a full download. Hopefully it'll be sorted come launch time so I don't miss the launch by months again!

Proves my point, no? That the latest entry in the MMO market in the west is not only an animetitty MMO but an OLD animetitty MMO.
    Im confused
    Is this a new game or some kind of "remastered" old game?

I saw videos and i thought it was pretty impressive...the movements and enemies and general visuals of it all.

I know is a animetitty game...but is so good looking

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Im confused

I saw videos and i thought it was pretty impressive...the movements and enemies and general visuals of it all.

A bit of both IIRC. It's the original game for the most part, but there's some new content and other features that the OG game doesn't have. Both are designed to run concurrently.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Im confused

Most of the art assets are the same though looks like many have been touched up, the old game was a lobby/mission MMO while now it'll be more open world, though segregated zones like FFXIV not like WoW. Movement has been updated, double jump and gliding, I guess combat has been updated to be better than it was, I thought it was already good, so we'll see. So yeah kind of a remaster, but also a revamp, hard to classify but remaster is good. Not really sure too much about it though, I didn't play too much of old PSO2 cause lobby style games aren't really my jam.

Nothing has made Crowfall seem like a comptent MMO, its been in development hell and the lateat gameplay footage doesn't look engaging.
    Not super exciting for everyone, but fairly solid. I just dipped into the beta and while it's not thrilling me, it plays well enough and looks nice.

And with the latest scam coming out of crowdfunding there's zero reason to have any faith in that scene. MMOs are notoriously difficult and labour intensive projects, not something I personally have any faith succeeding on kickstarter.
    Latest scam? What? There are plenty of crowdfunding failures but also plenty of games that are coming along nicely. Camelot Unchained is still coming along, Pantheon is making slow but steady progress, Ashes of Creation is moving forward slowly etc. etc.

New World might be good, I'll give you that but other than that its incredibly bleak. The LotR MMO was canceled too.
    By Tencent as part of the acquisition of the Chinese developer. There are still, again, plenty of other bigger MMO's in development - Daybreak is working on a new MMO that might be superhero themed (plus you have the 3-4 CoH spinoffs), Riot is working on a big-budget LoL MMO, you have Raph Koster starting up Playable Worlds specifically for MMO's, CCP is still supposedly working on the "Not-Dust 514" shooter, Zenimax's new MMO, plus some of the aforementioned Korean MMO's in development/close to launch that will be landing over here.

Honestly, this is one of the more exciting times for MMO's since the initial post-WoW glut of everyone and their mother trying to shit out a MMO as quickly as possible to get on that hype train.

If New World and Ashes of Creation aren't good they'll put the nail in the coffin for western MMOs.
    Not remotely accurate in any way, shape or form. Like, extremely, insanely off the mark.

That being said we're getting a bit off topic for the PSO2 thread so I'll end it here. If you wanna chat more on this PM me and we can continue there.

I just hope they fix whatever the bug is that won't let you log into the game before the weekend, because I don't wanna miss the launch rush with New Genesis like I did with PSO2 : (

The future of the MMO industry isn't looking great. New World looks alright but is underdeveloped and already getting crammed with MTX before it's finished. Ashes of Creation looks promising but we'll have to see. If those two fail then there's basically nothing to look forward to in terms of new MMOs, and that's a damn shame.

(in theory, crowdfunded MMOs could be the future but there has yet to be a real success story there, so that remains to be seen).

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    The future of the MMO industry isn't looking great. New World looks alright but is underdeveloped and already getting crammed with MTX before it's finished.
    It's like 3 months before it launches, hardly "before it's finished", and most cash shops are designed later on in development at this phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    If those two fail then there's basically nothing to look forward to in terms of new MMOs, and that's a damn shame.
    Do y'all even follow MMO news or anything? Because like, there are plenty of upcoming MMO's and psuedo-MMO's, officially announced once, semi-officially announced once, and teased/leaked ones. Including a number from western developers for folks that think they're only coming out of China/Korea.

the video I just watched looked like it was really cool, ill check this out for sure... way different then the lobby based version

Do y'all even follow MMO news or anything? Because like, there are plenty of upcoming MMO's and psuedo-MMO's, officially announced once, semi-officially announced once, and teased/leaked ones. Including a number from western developers for folks that think they're only coming out of China/Korea.
    Don't shoot the messenger, friend. I love MMOs more than most, but they're the most expensive and difficult type of game to produce in existence. Most game publishers have long since decided that they're better off producing a normal game and slapping a "game as a service" model on top of it. Same revenue stream as a MMO with 1/10th of the effort.

There are obviously still MMOs being made, but most are some combination of bad mobile game and/or KMMO. If that's your thing, cool, but it's not exactly the golden age of MMOs like the early 2000s when all sorts of genre-pushing games were in development. It's slim pickings nowadays.

what exactly makes this thing an mmo? i thougt it was more like a monster hunter type of game.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Eyyyy, it works today! Visuals are already much improved even in the character creation system, even if the settings can be a bit finicky at times.

Now I need to decide whether I want a robo-lady or an elf-lady or maybe a demon-lady despite the fact that they're all basically the same cute anime girl. Kinda leaning towards robo-lady because why the heck not.

I am a bit sad that the robo-dude is just a robot though. There should totes be options for a full-on robo lady and a hunky robo-dude with stacked abs and shit. GIVE THE PLAYERS THE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FANSERVICE WE DESERVE, SEGA!

So did it "actually" actually release in the EU yet or is it still a case of trying to fuck about with a us xbox account or whatever?

Eyyyy, it works today! Visuals are already much improved even in the character creation system, even if the settings can be a bit finicky at times.

Now I need to decide whether I want a robo-lady or an elf-lady or maybe a demon-lady despite the fact that they're all basically the same cute anime girl. Kinda leaning towards robo-lady because why the heck not.

I am a bit sad that the robo-dude is just a robot though. There should totes be options for a full-on robo lady and a hunky robo-dude with stacked abs and shit. GIVE THE PLAYERS THE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FANSERVICE WE DESERVE, SEGA!
    In PSO2 I had a non robot costume for my CAST. Should still be an option.

Whats the requirement to have ur lvls and stuff transfer between both games?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So did it "actually" actually release in the EU yet or is it still a case of trying to fuck about with a us xbox account or whatever?
    Launch launch. Just go to whatever store, search game, download and play. No workaround needed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Whats the requirement to have ur lvls and stuff transfer between both games?
    Your classes start off fresh at level 1 in NGS you can access all of your old stuff from storage once you get to the main hub in central city.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"