Page 7 of 172 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I'm just trying to move beyond the fake argument to the real one.
    except to these people these are real arguments, that's the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm saying people like you want to oppress them.
    Not really since nothing I'm proposing would impact their quality of life or dignity as human beings, so...

"They're oppressed because I say so" doesn't really hold any weight when they're still buying three yachts even while they're 'oppressed'.

That's what things like wealth taxes are.
    Which you haven't proven, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    They also exploit those employees. What of it?

Late Capitalism makes that difficult if not impossible, so.

That's kind of why I want systemic change - so people are not forced to rely on unethically produced goods and services.
    Well, it would appear they are enriching your life, after all.

Enjoy!!!

You said taxation isn't a punishment, so, let's make it so you cannot use that argument.

Take 99%.
    Let me know when the proposals are for taxing people at 99%. Until then, eat shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it would appear they are enriching your life, after all.
    No? They're kind of poisoning the planet and exploiting poor people and developing countries in order to 'enrich' my life.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    except to these people these are real arguments, that's the problem.
    I guess I just mean let's not pretend it's about this one tax, or there is something wrong with this tax vs others, when really their issue is with any tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Let me know when the proposals are for taxing people at 99%. Until then, eat shit.
    As we covered, it's not punishment.

- - - Updated - - -

No? They're kind of poisoning the planet and exploiting poor people and developing countries in order to 'enrich' my life.
    By selling you shit?

As we covered, it's not punishment.
    Get your head out of your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    By selling you shit?
    Yes, by selling me shit.

I kind of need things like...you know....food. And clothes. And electricity. And entertainment. All of those things have social and environmental impacts in their production and distribution.

Thanks to late capitalism acquiring any of those things ethically is, again, hugely difficult if not impossible and often a luxury available to the wealthy.

Get your head out of your ass.
    This is literally your argument.

At least have the decency to stand by it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, by selling me shit.

I kind of need things like...you know....food. And clothes. And electricity. And entertainment. All of those things have social and environmental impacts in their production and distribution.

Thanks to late capitalism acquiring any of those things ethically is, again, hugely difficult if not impossible and often a luxury available to the wealthy.
    So, you are ruining the planet, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah yeah, you can always reduce taxes, but the moment you want to raise them back somewhat (and let's be honest here, never going back to even close to where they have been), jokers like our resident anarchist here goes berserk on how unfair and selfish it is. You joker have flaunted with your money before. You are the selfish one here, buddy, fearing you might have to make do with tiny bit less, while still typing here, with a dragons hoard behind your back, not understand at all, that the increased taxation won't go into our pockets, but for the things everyone needs. Like infrastructure and healthcare everyone needs.

I'm sick and tired of seeing this advocation of pure selfishness masked as an ideology, tortuously applied to absolutely everything (see privatization of absolutely everything, just for the sake of nonsensical consistency). Thank fuck nobody agrees with any of it, and see it as the bullshit it really is.

You are no better than the Trumpsters. At least they are somewhat open about their intentions. You shroud it behind bollocks, like Russia propaganda bots.

Eat shit, indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you are ruining the planet, as well.
    Congratulations on finally understanding what "there is no ethical consumption under capitalism" means. This is why change needs to be systemic.

This is literally your argument.

At least have the decency to stand by it.
    Your argument is that a 99% tax on a median wage worker, which would leave them starving and homeless, is somehow the same thing as a 2% tax on money over $50m and a 3% tax on money over $1b.

Taxes aren't the punishment. Starving people and leaving them homeless is. The wealth tax wouldn't be in danger of that. This is why you're a joke. At least have the decency to wear clown makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I guess I just mean let's not pretend it's about this one tax, or there is something wrong with this tax vs others, when really their issue is with any tax.
    their issue is being incapable of following even a single thought to it's logical conclusion. like with taxes, they hate taxes because it goes to things that don't benefit them, even though those taxes go to maintain the infrastructure THEY like everyone else, uses.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-06-09 at 12:44 AM.

Congratulations on finally understanding what "there is no ethical consumption under capitalism" means. This is why change needs to be systemic.
    You just admitted your own argument is terrible...

Your argument is that a 99% tax on a median wage worker, which would leave them starving and homeless, is somehow the same thing as a 2% tax on money over $50m and a 3% tax on money over $1b.

Taxes aren't the punishment. Starving people and leaving them homeless is. The wealth tax wouldn't be in danger of that. This is why you're a joke. At least have the decency to wear clown makeup.
    But, as you pointed out, it's not punishment.

But, as you pointed out, it's not punishment.
    Yup, the taxes aren't the punishment. The starvation and homelessness you're proposing is. Good thing the most prominent wealth tax proposal doesn't starve people and leave them homeless.

Yup, the taxes aren't the punishment. The starvation and homelessness you're proposing is. Good thing the most prominent wealth tax proposal doesn't starve people and leave them homeless.
    And therein lies the problem.

"If the billionaires can still eat, then we are not oppressing them."

Nah, fuck that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just admitted your own argument is terrible...
    My argument was that billionaires are not enriching my life as you claim. Whether or not I have levels of complicity in capitalism's sin is irrelevant to that argument, lol.

Also, I don't own the companies committing said sins. The billionaires do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    It's just common sense not to tax wealth growth.
    Why is it common sense not to tax wealth growth?

- - - Updated - - -

And therein lies the problem.

"If the billionaires can still eat, then we are not oppressing them."

Nah, fuck that.
    They can still do pretty much everything they did prior with no changes to their social or legal status, so...

What's the oppression, here? Is billionaire a slur?

They employ millions of people.
    The consumers employ millions of people. The wealthy mostly just skim an inappropriate amount of money off the top.