Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    this entire situation sounds more toxic than literaly anything ever in wow,and its dev created...ykes
    They could just address it by calling out the elephant in the room and say "we know you guys use addons, we are giving you 30 days to stop it and banhammer the rest".

The "don't ask dont tell" policy of addon reinforcement only encourages them to use them, and also muddies the waters about the legality of using them in the ToS.

If they don't enforce the ToS, it's essentially null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Oh, I absolutely agree!
    While Im not the biggest fan of Alphinaud, I can appreciate the growth of his character
    Is that the small guy with like a white coat or something? I hate the FF14 story, too weeb for me, but when I get a cut scene that I can’t skip I always remember him being a punk ass bitch. Everything about him annoys me!

And this from someone that doesn’t care for the story!

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    They don’t enforce it in ff14 either. When I played, there was a real hush hush encouragement at the high end to have addons

Mention dps meters in game and you’ll get blasted, but also hush hush directed to 101 other addons including dps meters, that ff14 players use

My only point here is to point out that ff14 does not ban people like they should for addons. They have a very look the other way policy as long as you aren’t bragging about it or advertising
    That's the beauty of word gymnastics in your user agreement. "Violations of these rules may result in suspension or permanent banning". By using the word "may", it gives them the flexibility to cherry pick or not act at all. It's an interesting facade that that naive people will read and think "ok great, no worries of cheaters" and the GMs can go back to browsing TikTok.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I take issue with only that point.

WoW does the loot treadmill better than anyone else, but that's a pretty narrow scope as far as gameplay options go. It doesn't hold a candle to other entries in the genre in terms of casting a wide net because of that laser-focus on the endgame loop.

- - - Updated - - -

They ban bots in big waves pretty regularly. There's a difference in enforcement between botting as using certain mods like ACT - they wink and look the other way, but they're still technically a violation, so don't bring them up in-game.
    I haven't said a word about bots. Unless you think Cactbot is a botting program, no, it's DBM-like overlay.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

/10chars10

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    If you have an SSD loadings are 3 to 5 seconds
    I have 0ms loading time in WoW, a game developed in 2001, because WoW doens't have outdoor loading.

I got no idea what you are complaining about
    Looks like it.

It's very easy and convenient to travel due to teleports.
    Yeah, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I haven't said a word about bots. Unless you think Cactbot is a botting program, no, it's DBM-like overlay.
    While I've never heard of that until today... why even call it "bot" if it isn't a bot. And without looking up what DBM-like overlay is, that reminds me of this one nutcase in FFXI who is "famous" for making bots that automate things and loves to rationalize how his bots are not bots by using word gymnastics and calling it fancy stuff so that it sounds legit.

I have never tried ff14. I would like to try it.
    I hate the character's anime-style artwork.
    I usually hate the story to jrpgs so I would probably hate ff14's story.
    The only jrpg I ever really liked was the first final fantasy game on the American NES. I guess this version is really final fantasy 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You could always have spent the 7.2 seconds it would have taken to learn what all these things are!
    Time is money!

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    My only point here is to point out that ff14 does not ban people like they should for addons. They have a very look the other way policy as long as you aren’t bragging about it or advertising
    They don't know you have the add-on until you brag or advertise about it, because it's client side only. It's not so much, looking the other way, it's that they literally have no idea you have it and are therefore breaking the TOS unless you TELL them you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    They don't know you have the add-on until you brag or advertise about it, because it's client side only. It's not so much, looking the other way, it's that they literally have no idea you have it and are therefore breaking the TOS unless you TELL them you have it.
    If the same people GM FFXI as they do FFXIV, it wouldn't matter if you wore a light-up T-shirt that said "I BOT IN FFXIV!", nothing would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I do find it interesting how there is pretty much zero romance in FFXIV at all. I'm hard pressed to think of any characters who are in a relationship with another, let alone married. I think the Chais are the only married couple in the game, and that's it.

The game gives you a pseudo harem, with Haucherfant, Aymeric, Alisae, and G'raha Tia bending over backwards to fawn over you the WoL, but you can't reciprocate.
    There's a male couple at Camp Bronze Lake who tell you about how they were ostracized by their respective communities. Not for being a male/male couple but for being an interracial couple since one is Hyur and the other is Miqote.

I also recall one of the female Rising event npc's dialogue:

"You seem fascinated by my raiments. I am flattered! My betrothed made them -- as dextrous with a needle as she is with a sword, that one! A bit short-tempered, but we all have our faults, don't we?"

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

Likely even moreso because you don't get to have the game literally fucking play itself for you in XIV, you don't have WeakAuras basically putting your finger on each button as it needs to be pressed, you don't have BigWigs/DBM making it so that you damn near don't even need to be able to see the screen, etc.

I really struggle to take WoW seriously as a "competitive game" when even the biggest and baddest streamers and players are wholly reliant on mods playing the game for them..
    If mods actually "played the game for you," far more than a handful of people would be capable of competing in the MDI or race to world first.
    Last edited by Tyris Flare; 2021-06-09 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richterlevania3 View Post
    Two main problems that stopped me from playing:

Loading outdoor areas. This SUCKS big time and is unnacceptable in a MMO game made after 2001 or so. Even more glaring is that the first version of FFXIV didn't have this.

Can't use my mouse-wheel to bind keys. That's it. And no, I don't want to use AutoHotkey to do it, I want to use the in-game hotkey interface.

If they removed that annoying loading of outdoor areas I would be very tempted to relent and install AutoHotkey to play the game.
    If you're so concerned with keeping with the times, then surely you'd have an m.2 SSD. Load times are literally non-existent, and you're going to end up teleporting 1000% more than moving across zones. Which, may I remind you, is so much faster than teleporting in WoW, where often the load will hang and take a relatively long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    If the same people GM FFXI as they do FFXIV, it wouldn't matter if you wore a light-up T-shirt that said "I BOT IN FFXIV!", nothing would happen.
    I'm highly skeptical of that, to say the least.

But, for the sake of argument, wearing a T-Shirt like that (I know it's hyperbole, but let's go with it...) doesn't prove or provide ANY evidence that you're actually botting, or using add-ons that are against the TOS.

For them to take action against you, there has to be some kind of proof that you are actually breaking the TOS. Many bots, add-ons, etc... are very hard to detect and they rely very heavily on player reports to find out who they need to investigate. Player reports are not always accurate, and I'm sure there are a LOT of unsubstantiated reports from players so they need to go through a LOT of reports, investigate all of them and then take action. This process is slow, cumbersome, and managed by humans so there will be mistakes and misses and the effects won't necessarily be seen for a LONG time.

I've seen and heard of MANY people having action taken against them in FFXIV. Just because SE doesn't publicize it as widely as Blizzard does, doesn't mean they're not doing anything at all. I won't deny though that some people do seem to get away with a lot, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm highly skeptical of that, to say the least.

But, for the sake of argument, wearing a T-Shirt like that (I know it's hyperbole, but let's go with it...) doesn't prove or provide ANY evidence that you're actually botting, or using add-ons that are against the TOS.

For them to take action against you, there has to be some kind of proof that you are actually breaking the TOS. Many bots, add-ons, etc... are very hard to detect and they rely very heavily on player reports to find out who they need to investigate. Player reports are not always accurate, and I'm sure there are a LOT of unsubstantiated reports from players so they need to go through a LOT of reports, investigate all of them and then take action. This process is slow, cumbersome, and managed by humans so there will be mistakes and misses and the effects won't necessarily be seen for a LONG time.

I've seen and heard of MANY people having action taken against them in FFXIV. Just because SE doesn't publicize it as widely as Blizzard does, doesn't mean they're not doing anything at all. I won't deny though that some people do seem to get away with a lot, though.
    Oh, that's fine if you are. I know what I know. There is no anecdotal when it comes to FFXI.

People in FFXI flat out admit they bot in-game, on forums and SE doesn't care. People have been doing it for years and reports do absolutely nothing. A guy I know has every job mastered and did it by running a bot that grinds for him while hes afk.

Maybe its a FFXI vs FFXIV thing and GM'd by different people but being the same company, that's odd.

Oh, that's fine if you are. I know what I know. There is no anecdotal when it comes to FFXI.

People in FFXI flat out admit they bot in-game, on forums and SE doesn't care. People have been doing it for years and reports do absolutely nothing. A guy I know has every job mastered and did it by running a bot that grinds for him while hes afk.

Maybe its a FFXI vs FFXIV thing and GM'd by different people but being the same company, that's odd.
    How is that odd? The GM from wow overlook Overwatch? Huh?

Having been playing for about 2-3 weeks now, I've been spending a ton of time deciding how I want to level and using which race (trying out the aesthetics as well as the mechanics). So lots of new characters.

One thing I've noticed is that low level play is painful. Not hard, just slow and repetitive. And certain classes are much, much worse at it. Playing a Conjurer just to level 15 was an exercise in masochism. The Arcanist was weirdly, not much better. Even having a pet, I felt like I was flinging noodles at the enemy. Having just three direct damage spells by level 15 feels bad, especially when two of them are weak dots. Conversely, play a Pugilist and by level 6 or so, you have a 3 hit combo that will kill enemies your level in those 3 hits.

I really feel that they need to do a balance pass on the low level game to spice it up and make it more interesting and engaging. If the game world wasn't so beautiful, I doubt it would hold my interest. It just feels so slow, and it feels like you don't have many compelling gameplay options. It feels... old.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    How is that odd? The GM from wow overlook Overwatch? Huh?
    I wouldn't know, I don't play Overwatch. I've played only 2 Blizzard games, WoW and Diablo. I've never once ever had to report a person in Diablo.

It's not really odd at all.

They're completely different games run by completely different teams. FFXIV has nothing to do with FFXI and vice versa, they're just owned and operated by the same company, that doesn't mean they're run by the same people.

FFXIV is not FFXI.

I love FFXIV to death but the worst parts of the game come down to ARR. Between the aforementioned painfully slow combat at early levels, the initial generic final fantasy plot and the 2.X slog of filler quests (despite actually interesting political drama outside of the filler). The game's weakest points are easily in the early part of the game.