Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Spider Isekai - episode 21
    tl;dr I don't like a show but instead of dropping it I'm going to continue not watching it and complain about it all the time

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    tl;dr I don't like a show but instead of dropping it I'm going to continue not watching it and complain about it all the time
    In the first half of the show, the spider storyline was boring but the human story was at least somewhat interesting. Now the human storyline is awful but the spider story since she has gotten out of the cave is somewhat interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the first half of the show, the spider storyline was boring but the human story was at least somewhat interesting. Now the human storyline is awful but the spider story since she has gotten out of the cave is somewhat interesting.
    There is a reason why it looks that boring. But i wont spoil it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Spider realy went high budged for this ep :P
    Eh, Sophia looked fine. And aside from her and like ~1 second of Shiraori's screentime, the rest of the cast in this episode are more or less in the "who gives a shit" category. So the utilization of the budget looks appropriate to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Nooooo Coco is graduating from Hololive

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Fuck China and fuck Cover for caving in, not protecting their employees.
    Did something happen? I have not heard anything as to why she is leaving.

This video shows what you have to deal with if you enter the Chinese maldlander market. Fuck that shitehole country and their nationalistic twats
    It might be a Western entertainment industry trend, as a few weeks ago it was announced that Hollywood might be withdrawing from the Chinese market, after having spent the last decade chasing after it.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 reasons.

1. She's American.
    2. Back in August she went over Youtube analytics on where her viewers are from. Taiwan was brought up. Que almost a year of constant Chinese maldlanders spamming her channel, and anyone she collabed with. Cover suspended both her and Haato for a month back in September/October due to this "incident", which left a really fucking sour taste for everyone else. Hololive's Chinese branch quit because Coco wasn't kicked out. Chinese games stopped collabing with Hololive because "muh national pride".

Cover then suspended all activities and businesses on Chinese platforms/with Chinese in general. This didn't stop the harassment.
    This incident is now taught in Japanese business univesity classes on the dangers of entering the Chinese market. You have to appease the glasshearted malding twats or else it's over.
    https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...utubers-china/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Hololive/co...st_used_as_an/

One can only take this much constant harassment before enough is enough.
    Voice actor and partnered Twitch streamer Jonah Scott (most known for playing Legoshi in Beaststars, and Courier in Akudama Drive) got kicked off a Chinese game recently called Mr. Love Queen's Choice (never heard of it, what the hell is that title?) just for saying Taiwan is a country https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...taiwan/.173608

Couple of the other actors in the game said they're done working for the game and company too. One of those is Sean Chiplock, who plays Diluc in Genshin Impact, another Chinese game, so we'll see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    One of those is Sean Chiplock, who plays Diluc in Genshin Impact, another Chinese game, so we'll see how that goes.
    Not too sure if that will stick. A few years ago, Chiplock voice acted Rean from the Trails of Cold Steel games. At the time, the first two games received a stellar localization from XSEED, but the fate of the 3rd game was in doubt and it was looking like it might be localized by NISA, who western anime/JRPG/Visual novel fans despised. Chiplock and other Cold Steel English voice actors signed a petition saying that they wouldn't reprise their characters if NISA got the game. Lo and behold, NISA did get the rights to localize CS3 (the localization wasn't as bad as had been feared but was still a clear downgrade from XSEED's quality of work), but pretty much everyone decided to come back and reprise their characters anyway. Maybe they realized that they just wanted to make the fans happy.

The Genshin Impact characters seem to have become somewhat iconic in the anime/JRPG sphere. I don't see English voice actors abandoning that identity.

- - - Updated - - -

Then again, it seems more likely that the CCP are going to boot the voice actors rather than the voice actors leaving of their own accord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then again, it seems more likely that the CCP are going to boot the voice actors rather than the voice actors leaving of their own accord.
    That's more what I meant, yeah. Supporting Jonah Scott in this scenario effectively agrees with the notion, and Mihoyo might drop them as well. Jonah Scott and Joe Zieja aren't in Genshin, so it won't affect them outside future potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Documental season 4 is finally on Amazon! Get in!

More stuff coming to Netflix.

This is rather strange. Netflix pumps out so many original, shoddy 3D CGI giant mech shows and they all flop.
    • Kuromukuro
    • ID-0
    • Last Hope
    • Eden
    • Ultra Man
    • Cybertron
    • Knights of Sidonia
    • Godzilla planet series
    • Love Death & Robots
    • Pacific Rim Black

And it's even weirder because the vast majority of revenue from mecha shows isn't from the show itself, but from merchandising. Which Netflix won't see a dime of.

A higher up at Netflix seems to love mech shows but he's throwing money at the wrong ones. He should be grabbing Gundam (popular series like Zeta, Wing, and IBO), Code Geass, Gunbuster, Patlabor, Full Metal Panic, Maddox, Gasaraki, etc. Actually good mecha shows people want to watch.

• Gundam
    They added the MSG movies and Char's Counterattack, but didn't add Zeta Gundam? That's like adding A New Hope and Return of the Jedi to your catalog but not The Empire Strikes Back.

- - - Updated - - -

Hathaway's Flash is coming to Netflix on June 18th, two weeks after its theatrical release in Japan
    That's really nice, but it's also, again, weird. It's a UC timeline spinoff, and yet we're still missing the middle half of the core UC trilogy.

Just about to finish the LN and cant wait to start the Spice and Parchment LN, I really really like Holo.

Happy birthday kud!

This is rather strange. Netflix pumps out so many original, shoddy 3D CGI giant mech shows and they all flop
    Yet again another statement that is just so stupid I don't even know where to begin. Like you do know at least half of those are not made by Netflix?

Semantics. They're shows exclusive to watch on Netflix.

Til shows can only be watched on netflix

Something is being announced for Spice and Wolfs 15th Anniversary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadows house--

Ok from how i understand the story right now shadows are a parasitic spirits that copy the humans whos memory was wiped out by grandpa shadow. Once the shadow takes over the human, this human pretty much dies as his/her soul gets connected to the parasyte. Dools that lose their master become the mindless slaves that are controled by the main shadow.

Also each shadow gains in power, but no idea what the trigger for that is. Maybe emotions?

Dools are not dools as they bleed, they need to eat and so on.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    They are bringing back Knights of Sidonia? Nice.