Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ah so I guess Tinkers are never happening by your logic then. Since DR aren't happening.
    If Blizzard doesn't really goes off their routine, I would assume Dark Rangers and Tinkers will become the next hero class, I just personally assume DR will be first. But then again, I don't want to argue with you, you seem to be a very new player who has very little experience with how Blizz introduced classes in the past while ignoring actual arguments and explanations how it worked by the past by more experienced players, instead becoming very emotional. So believe what you believe.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I miss read your first reply and thought it was directed to me lol.

Engineers dont cover the fanatsy the same way Tinkers would. Engineering is like making simple life hack gadgets for Walmart. Tinkers is like being Tony Stark. If anything use Gazlowe from island exp as reference.

Plus wouldnt be the first time a profession has a level of over lap with a class.

Alchemy - Monks

Enchanting - Ench shammies / DK's
    Give Tony a moment of peace to rest little bit.(teriz is it you?)

At best tinkers are representation of this guy:
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    If Blizzard doesn't really goes off their routine, I would assume Dark Rangers and Tinkers will become the next hero class, I just personally assume DR will be first. But then again, I don't want to argue with you, you seem to be a very new player who has very little experience with how Blizz introduced classes in the past while ignoring actual arguments and explanations how it worked by the past by more experienced players, instead becoming very emotional. So believe what you believe.
    I doubt Tinkers will be a hero class. They’re far more likely to be a base class like Monks in MoP. That could indicate that they won’t be heavily based on the Tinker hero, but a more generalized technology-based class which could pull from the WC3 Tinker, the HotS Tinker, the WC3 alchemist, the Draenei Artificers, various technology archetypes in WoW, and technology archetypes outside of WoW.

The “Tinker class” might not even be called “Tinker”, but something like Machinist, Mechanic, Technician, or something else.

Hence why there’s credence for it to appear in a variety of potential expansions.

Hope not. Game really should have introduced the necromancer in this expansion. Perfect expansion for it (other than WOTLK) and lined up perfectly with when we expect new classes to come (every 2 expacs previously).

Tinker is meh but if they do introduce it and the game is actually worth playing when they do, I hope it has a turret build.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    the tinker meme is still alive?
    its very likely to be the next one,next expansion will likely be void/light related,robots are immune to their influence,also wow is in desperate need of another ranged non caster class,and mail user

its also extremly interesting and versatile,a healing spec with repair bots,a mecha tank,a turret dps etc

Tinker again? I thought you came to your senses lately when you started discussing other things...
    I guess you can't take the itch out. I would advise looking into it (and what's causing it).
    Are you aware that there are other aspects to the game other than a new class? Everything seems to revert back to the Tinker (and dragons) with you. I might advocate for certain classes, but i have many more other threads and comments that are unrelated to that subject. Why can't you do the same?

As for the topic discussed, do you realize how shoehorned it is? You're just shoving the Tinker concept to whatever expansion would be coming next. Dragon Isles? Tinker. Shadowlands? Tinker? BfA? Tinker. Legion? Tinker. It makes you look desperate, rather than an intelligent conversation partner. The Tinker has nothing to do with any of these expansions. Not theme-wise of fantasy-wise. Unlike the Death Knight, Monk and Demon Hunter who matched their respective expansions (WotlK, MoP, Legion).

That dude with the 2018 Tinker concept and Dragonsworn concept? Love that guy.
    I wonder why...
    How are the moderators so clueless is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    As per usual, let's drop the rolling argument about whether the Tinker (or any other class) is or isn't viable in WoW as a whole, and instead discuss the concept in the milieu of a possible Dragon Isles-centered expansion or set-piece.
    I'm shocked that you are aware of this thread, what it is about, who is on it and yet it still remains

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    (teriz is it you?)

(I'll just leave this here because i'm not supposed to "make assumptions")
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-06-09 at 10:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I'm shocked that you are aware of this thread, what it is about, who is on it and yet it still remains
    The topic is fine on its own, it's simply the endless arguing about the viability of Tinkers (and every other proposed class yet to be introduced, really) that sucks all the air out of the room and prevents anyone from discussing the other aspects of the class and/or expansion features like the Dragon Isles. Not *every* thread about Tinkers, Necromancers, or Dark Rangers needs to become a slug-fest about which class is better, more viable, or more relevant.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I need to play through ShB again. I was pretty annoyed by and dismissive of him when he was first introduced, but was blown away by certain developments down the line and he quickly became a favourite. Much like Alphinaud, actually...
    A Testament to Ishikawa's skill as a writer. Can't wait for her to work her magic on Zenos and Onlyfans.

But to be back on topic, between Machinist, Gunbreaker and Sage, we pretty much have three specs for Tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolute fan fiction levels of nonsense.

Nice try though.

The next class will be the Tinker for the Dragon isles expansion.

Undermine will be the next Oribos, Dalaran, Shatrath, Etc

Wrathion is looking for the dragon isles, which are more than likely hidden via titan tech similar to Uldum before the Cataclysm. He also has a new titanic friend in the form of MOTHER.

What’s going to happen is that Wrathion will employ the Tinker’s Union, gather all teh word’s best tinkers under one roof and combine their tech, with MOTHER’s titan tech, and his draconic essences that we gathered to empower our HoA and use them to locate teh dragon isles.

They succeed and thus Wrathion funds the Tinker Unions efforts and they’re able to spread their influence across azeroth.

Dragonsworn will instead be the next covenants unfortunately.
    Dragon Isles aren't lore heavy enough to be their own expansion. You're literally talking about going from the intergalactic cosmic powers of the Shadowlands, to a few islands that may have some dragons on it that are far weaker than any threat we've already dealt with.......

As a patch like Nazjatar, sure 100%. But, stand alone expansion absolutely not.

Additionally, the tinker class is not coming. If they were ever going to do it, it would've been with mecha-gnomes and vulpera. It's not gonna happen. Let it go. It's a mild concept at best.

I doubt Tinkers will be a hero class. They’re far more likely to be a base class like Monks in MoP. That could indicate that they won’t be heavily based on the Tinker hero, but a more generalized technology-based class which could pull from the WC3 Tinker, the HotS Tinker, the WC3 alchemist, the Draenei Artificers, various technology archetypes in WoW, and technology archetypes outside of WoW.

The “Tinker class” might not even be called “Tinker”, but something like Machinist, Mechanic, Technician, or something else.

Hence why there’s credence for it to appear in a variety of potential expansions.
    I think even if it is named something different, probably one spec will be called Tinker, like with the Monk. But generally speaking, I'm not sure whether or not they will ever add a normal base class again like they did with the Monk. It seems like it did them little in terms of favors looking at how long it took the Monk to really become well played. But again, it doesn't changes my position that I think the next two classes, if Blizzard isn't heavily changing their routine and formular and suddenly invents something never seen before out of nowhere, will be Dark Ranger and Tinker. I personally would assume Dark Ranger will be earlier, banking on the same formular that worked so well with Death Knights and Demon Hunters of releasing a dark class based on a popular Warcraft hero/Villain, but then again, they just as well could also release Tinkers before when they feel the Class is more appropriate or just want to do it.

Dragon Isles still seems like a massive stretch to me. It was something they build upon and abandoned back in vanilla which had one off-remark in BfA with an Island Expedition quest. I don't see Dragon Isles being more than maybe a patch, maybe something comparable to Mechagon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    I think even if it is named something different, probably one spec will be called Tinker, like with the Monk. But generally speaking, I'm not sure whether or not they will ever add a normal base class again like they did with the Monk. It seems like it did them little in terms of favors looking at how long it took the Monk to really become well played. But again, it doesn't changes my position that I think the next two classes, if Blizzard isn't heavily changing their routine and formular and suddenly invents something never seen before out of nowhere, will be Dark Ranger and Tinker. I personally would assume Dark Ranger will be earlier, banking on the same formular that worked so well with Death Knights and Demon Hunters of releasing a dark class based on a popular Warcraft hero/Villain, but then again, they just as well could also release Tinkers before when they feel the Class is more appropriate or just want to do it.

Dragon Isles still seems like a massive stretch to me. It was something they build upon and abandoned back in vanilla which had one off-remark in BfA with an Island Expedition quest. I don't see Dragon Isles being more than maybe a patch, maybe something comparable to Mechagon.
    Well Monks’ issues largely stemmed from the being forced to start from level 1 with a level 90 cap and no available level boost. Blizzard also had severe balancing problems with the Monk’s healing and DPS spec throughout the expansion. Meanwhile, both DKs and DHs had built in level boosts and were OP for much of their tenure in WoW.

I don’t see a technology class having that problem. There are multiple ways to boost levels, the level cap is far lower, and if things go the way they appear to be going, the tech class is going to offer a new RDPS and Healing spec, something the community highly desires.

We also should acknowledge that based purely on what’s being brought to the table, a mech-based clas using magitech (Naaru/Titan/Nightborne) sounds far more interesting than a Pandaren-based Monk class.

As for spec names, I’m no longer sure that the Tinker name will even make it as a spec. If the class appears in a Yrel/Lightbound expansion, a great deal of concept space would have to be made for the Lightforged-based technology, and that stuff is magitech/Artificer based. Interestingly, some Tinker abilities like Grav-O Bomb, Desth Lazor, Robo-Goblin, Engineering Upgrade, and Rock-it turret can work with a Draenei/Titan based mech class.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-06-09 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    Man, I figured it wouldn't go past page 2 before it happened.
    Forgive me for being late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Dragon Isles aren't lore heavy enough to be their own expansion. You're literally talking about going from the intergalactic cosmic powers of the Shadowlands, to a few islands that may have some dragons on it that are far weaker than any threat we've already dealt with.......

As a patch like Nazjatar, sure 100%. But, stand alone expansion absolutely not.

Additionally, the tinker class is not coming. If they were ever going to do it, it would've been with mecha-gnomes and vulpera. It's not gonna happen. Let it go. It's a mild concept at best.
    Blizzard wasn't going to release a new class mid-expansion, and the whole of BFA didn't revolve around Mechagon.

That said, consider that a LOT of MMOs have technology-based classes and WoW doesn't. Despite that lack, WoW's gameworld is filled with steampunk and magi-tech based technology, which makes a technology class a sensible addition. WoW's largest competitor FFXIV has TWO technology-based classes/jobs, and it's in line for a third in its next expansion. Obviously Squaresoft views technology classes as something its playerbase wants, and FFIIV is gaining in popularity.

Also once again, Yrel's Lightbound are heavily magi-tech based. Perfect insertion point for a magic-tech based class.

Regardless of what the next class will be, I would argue that WoW really can't afford to not bring a new class in the next expansion, or the expansion after that. We don't have official numbers, but FFXIV is definitely gaining steam, and Shadowlands being slow patch-wise, the lack of a new class in almost 5 years, and people getting tired of the Sylvanas storylines isn't helping matters. Tinker, Dark Ranger, Necromancer, whatever, WoW needs a new class or its going to be in a lot of trouble going forward (if it's not in trouble now).
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-06-09 at 03:23 PM.

Blizzard wasn't going to release a new class mid-expansion, and the whole of BFA didn't revolve around Mechagon.

That said, consider that a LOT of MMOs have technology-based classes and WoW doesn't. Despite that lack, WoW's gameworld is filled with steampunk and magi-tech based technology, which makes a technology class a sensible addition. WoW's largest competitor FFXIV has TWO technology-based classes/jobs, and it's in line for a third in its next expansion. Obviously Squaresoft views technology classes as something its playerbase wants, and FFIIV is gaining in popularity.

Also once again, Yrel's Lightbound are heavily magi-tech based. Perfect insertion point for a magic-tech based class.

Regardless of what the next class will be, I would argue that WoW really can't afford to not bring a new class in the next expansion, or the expansion after that. We don't have official numbers, but FFXIV is definitely gaining steam, and Shadowlands being slow patch-wise, the lack of a new class in almost 5 years, and people getting tired of the Sylvanas storylines isn't helping matters. Tinker, Dark Ranger, Necromancer, whatever, WoW needs a new class or its going to be in a lot of trouble going forward (if it's not in trouble now).
    Yup, I agree with you we 100% need a new class. The point I was making is that they only bring in new classes when it's heavily impacted by the current story, as they've stated. Mechagon was the pinnacle of the mech stuff we could expect in WoW. Literal Tinker town. Of course no one was expecting a class release mid expac, just stating they used the best possible story integration and we Don't have them. I doubt they will come anywhere in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I agree with you we 100% need a new class. The point I was making is that they only bring in new classes when it's heavily impacted by the current story, as they've stated. Mechagon was the pinnacle of the mech stuff we could expect in WoW. Literal Tinker town. Of course no one was expecting a class release mid expac, just stating they used the best possible story integration and we Don't have them. I doubt they will come anywhere in the near future.
    I disagree. I think there's an opening with a Yrel/Lightbound expansion.

This was a mid-boss when we first encountered them;

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Exa...nate_universe)

And interestingly, he had the same general mechanics as the "Tinkers" Gazlowe and Razak in Island Expeditions.

I disagree. I think there's an opening with a Yrel/Lightbound expansion.

This was a mid-boss when we first encountered them;

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Exa...nate_universe)

And interestingly, he had the same general mechanics as the "Tinkers" Gazlowe and Razak in Island Expeditions.
    I don't think it's strong enough to fit it into the story. Think about all the classes added since Vanilla.

DK- Lich King
    Monk- Panda land, chinese culture
    DH- Illidan, burning legion, literal demon hunting

Tinkers- Lightbound? nah I'm not buying it. Doesn't seem like a strong association to me. Lightbound are a cult of fanatical light worshippers, not tinkers. Sure some of them use those machines, but it's a flimsy connection at best and not something I would associate them with. I mean if we had invading robots or some sort of advanced aliens coming in maybe? But I think at that point WoW would be truly dried up and dead if that was the story

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's strong enough to fit it into the story. Think about all the classes added since Vanilla.

DK- Lich King
    Monk- Panda land, chinese culture
    DH- Illidan, burning legion, literal demon hunting

Tinkers- Lightbound? nah I'm not buying it. Doesn't seem like a strong association to me. Sure some of them use those machines, but it's a flimsy connection at best and not something I would associate them with. I mean if we had invading robots or some sort of advanced aliens coming in maybe? But I think at that point WoW would be truly dried up and dead if that was the story
    Uh, the Lightbound are an invasion of technologically advanced aliens.

Also any Tinker class is going to have to merge in the LF Draenei's Warframes. Blizzard has made it a point that LF Draenei utilize Warframes at the same levels as Goblins and Gnomes utilize their mechs. Thus if you're going to create a technology class, you're going to have to merge those concepts together. One potential storyline is that LF Draenei, Gnomes, Goblins, and (possibly) Nightborne merge their technology together and create the new class. This is possible because there is lore showing LF Draenei willing to teach non-Draenei how to build Warframes, and after Mechagon, Gazlowe expressed interest in working with Gnomes in the future. Also the Gnomes and Mechagnomes are unified, which presents another level of shared technology.

So essentially you have Naaru-based Magitech vs Naaru/Nightborne/Goblin/Gnome/Titan technology.

Also any Tinker class is going to have to merge in the LF Draenei's Warframes. Blizzard has made it a point that LF Draenei utilize Warframes at the same levels as Goblins and Gnomes utilize their mechs. Thus if you're going to create a technology class, you're going to have to merge those concepts together. One potential storyline is that LF Draenei, Gnomes, Goblins, and (possibly) Nightborne merge their technology together and create the new class. This is possible because there is lore showing LF Draenei willing to teach non-Draenei how to build Warframes, and after Mechagon, Gazlowe expressed interest in working with Gnomes in the future. Also the Gnomes and Mechagnomes are unified, which presents another level of shared technology.

So essentially you have Naaru-based Magitech vs Naaru/Nightborne/Goblin/Gnome/Titan technology.
    It's clear that you have a hard-on for the tinker class. But that strong connection is NOT there. If you mention DK's to an average WoW player they immediately can associate it with the Lich King, DH and Illidan, Monk and panda land. I think you are extremely in the minority for thinking of tinkers when on the topic of the lightbound. Average Player won't make that connection, and it'd be a hard sell. Many better options

I thought you were dead set on gnome and goblin exclusive Tinkers. I mean good on you for finally broadening your scope, but I certainly hope this isn't just a ham-fisted attempt to connect Tinkers to a Light-based expansion...