Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I wouldn't even say it's the Aspects who necessarily want it back, rather it's Wrathion looking for the Dragon Isles, looking for something that could help his kind. This story seed has already been planted.

If Wrathion finds a way to re-empower the Aspects or make them fertile again, do you think the Aspects will say no? Especially if he convinces them that we are about to face of an oncoming war against the Void Lords?
    Yea, I definitely see something like that happening. Idk if they'll become dragon aspects again. Not denying that we will likely visit the Dragon Isles and follow Wrathion's pursuit, but I think it'll be a patch rather that a full fledged expac. Similar to 8.2 Nazjatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There were Tinkerers within the Burning Legion who built mechanical devices fueled by demonic power. The difference is that there was no player race or potential class concept that was utilizing demonic powered technology. In this case we DO have two races that utilize technology fueled by Light/Naaru power, and a class concept that can utilize it.

- - - Updated - - -

And this right here shows that you're simply being obtuse and have no interest in an actual discussion.

Two things;

1. We don't know what their forces look like when they invade Azeroth. We encountered them at a point in AU Draenor's timeline where they were wiping out the Orcs. Considering that Draenei are immortal, there's no telling how much they've built up their forces, or what they've acquired since we last encountered them.

2. The class wouldn't be entirely based on Naaru/Lightbound tech, it would be based on technology period. Thus lore characters like Gazlowe or Mekkatorque could still be the face of the new class.
    How can you expect anyone to have "an actual discussion" with you when anytime someone uses logic to refute a point of yours, you move the goal post?

There's a direct line connecting Draenei warframes to the Tinker concept. In turn there's a direct line connecting Nightborne technology to Draenei technology (the shared Artificer title and similarities in general technology). I don't see that line with Blood Elves and arcane golems. I would need to see more examples of Blood Elf-based tech.
    Dude how is your back not killing you from moving the goal post so much and often?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    How can you expect anyone to have "an actual discussion" with you when anytime someone uses logic to refute a point of yours, you move the goal post?
    Pretending that Lightbound technology is only more advanced than the murlocs is logical to you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Dude how is your back not killing you from moving the goal post so much and often?
    What are you talking about? Where did I move the goal post?

You moved it when you said Technology being magical isn't relevant as long as it looks cool, but then use the same excuse against Blood Elves because even though they have cool Arcane Golems you don't consider it technological enough. What's more damnig is that you're fine with Lightforged and Nightborne using the same 'More magic than Tech' aesthetic, which I'd argue is less technological than Arcane Golems. Draenei and Nightborne have Artificers, while Blood Elves have actual Engineers, including a Blood Elf Engineer unit in Warcraft 3.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-06-09 at 05:47 PM.

Pretending that Lightbound technology is only more advanced than the murlocs is logical to you?

- - - Updated - - -

No point in arguing against anti tinker people. They're either on the "no more new classes" or a different class wagon. Just be ready for the i told you so dance when 10.0 is announced.

- - - Updated - - -

You moved it when you said Technology being magical isn't relevant as long as it looks cool, but then use the same excuse against Blood Elves because even though they have cool Arcane Golems you don't consider it technological enough. What's more damnig is that you're fine with Lightforged and Nightborne using the same 'More magic than Tech' aesthetic, which I'd argue is less technological than Arcane Golems. Draenei and Nightborne have Artificers, while Blood Elves use actual Engineers, including a Blood Elf Engineer unit in Warcraft 3.
    Tinkers better be available to every race. If you can be an engineer you can be a tinker.

I want my cow tinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    You moved it when you said Technology being magical isn't relevant as long as it looks cool, but then use the same excuse against Blood Elves because even though they have cool Arcane Golems you don't consider it technological enough, even though you're fine with Lightforged and Nightborne using the same 'More magic than Tech' aesthetic.
    Except simply putting together an Arcane golem isn't technology. I've seen nothing from Blood Elf arcane golems that are on the same scale as Nightborne constructs which act more along the line of robots with personality matrixes (Trilliax for example) and methods to activate and de-activate them.

Again, if you have some more examples of Blood Elf technology, I'd like to see it, but I don't view creating a golem out of rocks held together by arcane energy to be actual technology.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-06-09 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Tinkers will probably only happen in the game after Dark Rangers were released, considering that the ability of playing basically as Sylvanas Windrunner, who after Illidan and Arthas is one of the biggest icons of the game, is objectively more profitable.
    Lol, sure she is. That ship has sailed.

ot: Dunno about a new class but they want to do something about borrowed powers becoming irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Lol, sure she is. That ship has sailed.

ot: Dunno about a new class but they want to do something about borrowed powers becoming irrelevant.
    Make dragonsworn the next covenant with only signature abilities and they carry forward to future expansions.

So for example, you'll forever be a Nelf, green dragonsworn, druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    No point in arguing against anti tinker people. They're either on the "no more new classes" or a different class wagon. Just be ready for the i told you so dance when 10.0 is announced.
    Eh, at this point it doesn't really matter. Either Blizzard announces a new class in 10.0, or FFXIV can continue to take their userbase away.

I is wanting the darkest of rangers.

Tinkers better be available to every race. If you can be an engineer you can be a tinker.

I want my cow tinkers.
    Yes, so tell that to Teriz who is arguing against Blood Elf Tinkers :P

I've always been a supporter of any race being a Tinker, since we already have every race able to take Engineering as a profession. There's no real reason to exclude it from any class outside of Blizzard's own internal development reasons, like the way they've excluded Worgen and Goblin from being Monks even though it's totally possible to have them be trained as Monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, so tell that to Teriz who is arguing against Blood Elf Tinkers :P

I've always been a supporter of any race being a Tinker, since we already have every race able to take Engineering as a profession. There's no real reason to exclude it from any class outside of Blizzard's own internal development reasons, like the way they've excluded Worgen and Goblin from being Monks even though it's totally possible to have them be trained as Monks.
    Uh, I'm not arguing against Blood Elves being part of a technology class. I'm saying that Blood Elves don't really have a technology base.

I have no issue with BEs being able to participate in a magi-tech class.

Tauren and Nightelves on the other hand....

Except simply putting together an Arcane golem isn't technology. I've seen nothing from Blood Elf arcane golems that are on the same scale as Nightborne constructs which act more along the line of robots with personality matrixes (Trilliax for example) and methods to activate and de-activate them.
    But as you said, what does it matter as long as it's sufficiently viable? Why employ this argument to exclude Blood Elves when you're already open to Lightforged and Nightborne being Tinkers through Artificers? Nightborne Constructs are a type of Arcane Golem.

Again, if you have some more examples of Blood Elf technology, I'd like to see it, but I don't view creating a golem out of rocks held together by arcane energy to be actual technology.
    Why do we need examples? You literally described Nightborne tech.

Last edited by Triceron; 2021-06-09 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make dragonsworn the next covenant with only signature abilities and they carry forward to future expansions.

So for example, you'll forever be a Nelf, green dragonsworn, druid.
    It’s reminiscent of Path of the Titans with the covenant twist.

Slightly off topic but: At this point it shouldn’t matter if a covenant or faction is meta. If players want new spells the base needs to suck it up and accept that perfect balance is not achievable in any game.

Uh, I'm not arguing against Blood Elves being part of a technology class. I'm saying that Blood Elves don't really have a technology base.

I have no issue with BEs being able to participate in a magi-tech class.

Tauren and Nightelves on the other hand....
    Hey man, cow's have been able to embrace tech since vanilla. What's stopping a cow learning how to pilot mechs?

10+ Year Old Account
    But as you said, what does it matter as long as it's sufficiently viable? Why employ this argument to exclude Blood Elves when you're already open to Lightforged and Nightborne being Tinkers through Artificers? Nightborne Constructs are a type of Arcane Golem.

Why do we need examples when we're talking about Technology itself not mattering? Concepts like the Lightforged Warframes and Nightborne Constructs and Blood Elf Arcane Golems are all sufficient to represent potential Tinker races.
    Read my statement above. I think we're just misunderstanding each other.

As long as the class is mech based, and the designs look cool, I don't care what race can roll the class. I do think Horde and Alliance should have faction-based mech designs though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey man, cow's have been able to embrace tech since vanilla. What's stopping a cow learning how to pilot mechs?
    The fast food industry.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tauren stepping out of a mech, decked out in tech gear makes my skin crawl.

A tauren stepping out of a mech, decked out in tech gear makes my skin crawl.
    Good I want people to be afraid of "Beefcogs" when I roll a tauren tinker.