Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It’s a bit more complicated than that.

There are playable races in WoW who make zero sense without a playable technology class. Mechagnomes are a huge example of this, because the race is intertwined with technology. Gnomes and Goblins aren’t quite as bad as Mechagnomes, but they’re in a similar spot because their prominent characters all utilize advanced technology.

Lightforged Draenei are another example. What makes them unique is their ties to the advanced naaru technology from their war on Argus. This is shown via their use of Warframes. However since you can’t use Warframes for combat, what’s the point of rolling a LF Draenei over a standard Draenei?

To put this in perspective, imagine we were playing a MMO that takes place in the real world with real world- based classes, yet you can play magical based elves. Every major lore elf can use magic. You even run across some evil elves that use magic, but you can’t use magic. At best you can pick up a crafting job that allows you to craft magical items that boost stats or allows you to fire a few fireballs every 5 minutes that deal next to no damage, and need to be recrafted after 3 uses.

What you really want is to be a powerful mage that can conjure huge elemental spells, but people say that the crafting profession is more than enough to satisfy your class fantasy. People tell you to pick up the Hunter job because some of the bullets are magical and you can tame animals that look magical. That obviously isn’t sufficient either, and you start wondering why youre playing as an elf in the first place.

That’s pretty much where we are with a technology class and tech-based races in WoW.
    Just toss the tech into a covenant system
    What if I like being a goblin but hate goblin tech??
    Just take a different tinker tree
    LF Can be one tree with multiple things like aoe and healing
    Gnome can be tanky
    Goblin dps

Just a more refined system and you scratch every itch

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerEd View Post
    I like the idea of tinker as much as the next person, but it feels like it would clash with a high fantasy concept like the dragon isles would likely be.
    Well, like I said in the OP. Wrathion would locate them by combining MOTHER'S titan tech, the Tinker's Union's tech, and the draconic essences gathered in BFA to locate them since they're more likely hidden via titan tech.

Then by right of discovery, the tinker union could be pioneers in dragon isles exploration.

Do note guys; this is the same person that claimed:

Next expansion the infinite dragonflight will go to AU draenor, pick up Yrel and make her the main character of the expansion

Reasoning?

Bolvar has dragonfire, and Arthas raised a dragon. Therefor the Jailer is trying to raise Galakrond

So yea.. about as believable as a bag of hot air.

I love how he suddenly twisted it into "omg wrathion does it all!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well, like I said in the OP. Wrathion would locate them by combining MOTHER'S titan tech, the Tinker's Union's tech, and the draconic essences gathered in BFA to locate them since they're more likely hidden via titan tech.

Then by right of discovery, the tinker union could be pioneers in dragon isles exploration.
    You can absolutely justify tinker involvement (or that of any other race or class) into any expansion, I do not contest that. I just feel like blizzard always tries to go with the most immediately and thematically obvious choice for the expansion. In the case of the dragon isles, it would have to be Dragonsworn(if dragon high fantasy setting) or some voidy/light thing (if cultist setting from the concepts)

I suppose I could see a magitech tinker class, if the dragon isles have very strong titanic influence, which would make quite a bit of sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Just toss the tech into a covenant system
    What if I like being a goblin but hate goblin tech??
    Just take a different tinker tree
    Considering that there is Goblin tech in the racials, you’re not going to enjoy playing the Goblin race very much.

LF Can be one tree with multiple things like aoe and healing
    Gnome can be tanky
    Goblin dps

Just a more refined system and you scratch every itch
    Until the end of the expansion. Once the new expansion rolls in, you’re right back in the same spot again.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Do note guys; this is the same person that claimed:

Next expansion the infinite dragonflight will go to AU draenor, pick up Yrel and make her the main character of the expansion

Reasoning?

Bolvar has dragonfire, and Arthas raised a dragon. Therefor the Jailer is trying to raise Galakrond

So yea.. about as believable as a bag of hot air.

I love how he suddenly twisted it into "omg wrathion does it all!!"
    WTF, that is not at all how I explained the sequence of events. I suggest you reread that post.

As for bolvar and Galakron, I merely stated that 9.2 will probably have dragon shenanigans seeing as how bolvar is covered in the flames of Life from the red dragonflight, and that the Jailor might attempt to rez galakrond IF he crosses beyond the vail in Ice Crown. I said nothing about arthas and some dragon...

So with that being said, it could springboard into a dragon isles expansion, which would then springboard into light/void expansion with yrel after murozond summons her.

You must be a master in telephone aren't you?

This is why it's good to be cynical and never trust a third party's perception of an event or news. Get it from the source.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-06-09 at 07:38 PM.

"Let me see...! No!
    No Tinker in any of the possible 14.000 xpacs"

There’s no equivalent or basis for those classes in WoW.

There is an equivalent and a basis for the FFXIV Machinist in WoW.
    Yikes, I hope you didn't hurt your back too badly when you were shifting those goalposts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Yikes, I hope you didn't hurt your back too badly when you were shifting those goalposts.
    Where’s the goalpost shift? We have a basis for a class that uses turrets, guns, and robots.

Where’s the goalpost shift? We have a basis for a class that uses turrets, guns, and robots.
    Okay, but you know that Tinker is merely a Hunter with a steam-punk pistol and (maybe) a robot pet, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Okay, but you know that Tinker is merely a Hunter with a steam-punk pistol and (maybe) a robot pet, right?
    Hunters don’t pilot mechs. Tinkers don’t use animal pets or shoot magical arrows.

Then I guess Surv hunters with an undead pet and a staff are necromancers, and warriors in t3 paladin gear are OOM paladins.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-06-09 at 09:01 PM.

Hunters don’t pilot mechs.
    No? I've seen some Hunters with one of these:

Tinkers don’t use animal pets
    I didn't say "animal" pet. I said ROBOT pet.
    And yes, if I can build a giant mech I can make a robot pet, right?

or shoot magical arrows.
    I didn't say anything about magic arrows.
    Look at this Hunter below. If you use this xmog... you have your Tinker. Sounds fair to me. We don't need to see developers wasting time making something that already exists in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    No? I've seen some Hunters with one of these:

That’s a mount, not a Hunter ability.

I didn't say "animal" pet. I said ROBOT pet.
    And yes, if I can build a giant mech I can make a robot pet, right?
    They’re just animals with a mech skin. Tinkers don’t tame animals, mechanical or otherwise.

I didn't say anything about magic arrows.
    Look at this Hunter below. If you use this xmog... you have your Tinker. Sounds fair to me. We don't need to see developers wasting time making something that already exists in the game.
    Look at their abilities. The Hunter ability set is full of Arrow iconography and magical arrow abilities. That’s the point of the class. Tinkers utilized lasers, gravity weapons, and missiles. Not remotely the same thing.

Considering that there is Goblin tech in the racials, you’re not going to enjoy playing the Goblin race very much.

Until the end of the expansion. Once the new expansion rolls in, you’re right back in the same spot again.
    Boots and a rocket aren’t really something I see compared to shredders and turrets

It’s always possible to keep the system depending on how they do it

The possibilities are real

I expect neither for 10.0. Shadowlands and Covenants came out of the blue and I expect something similar for 10.0. And mixing Dragon Isles and Tinker together with Dragonsworn Covenants as the cherry on top sounds absolutely awful.

Tinker would have been great for BfA, we didn't get it: that ship sailed away.

Dragon Isles? If done right it could be neat. Something more based and Warcraft-like than Shadowlands which has nothing to do with Warcraft lore overall.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Hunter ability...........
    I know, I know, I know... you are right!
    I was just purposefully being ridiculous to prove a point here.
    Thanks!

The point:

So we can say that Tinker is merely a "mechanical" variation of Hunter? Right?
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2021-06-09 at 09:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boots and a rocket aren’t really something I see compared to shredders and turrets

It’s always possible to keep the system depending on how they do it

The possibilities are real
    Not really. Again, when the expansion is over, we’re right back to where we are now. At least in the case of SL’s convenants, some of the abilities could be kept in some existing classes, since we have shadow-based specs and classes in WoW.

However, there are no technology-based specs or classes in WoW, so none of those abilities would be retained. Thus we’re back to having an extensive technology theme in WoW and no technology class to house those concepts in.

Not really. Again, when the expansion is over, we’re right back to where we are now. At least in the case of SL’s convenants, some of the abilities could be kept in some existing classes, since we have shadow-based specs and classes in WoW.

However, there are no technology-based specs or classes in WoW, so none of those abilities would be retained. Thus we’re back to having an extensive technology theme in WoW and no technology class to house those concepts in.
    Why couldn’t a tinker tree be kept??

10+ Year Old Account
    Why couldn’t a tinker tree be kept??
    Where would it be kept?