Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    "Middle to late august"

This would be the worst decision done by Blizzard ever.

Many 6-month game time/subs will have run out by now, and TBC is here to shore up a the April/May/June quarter.

SL makes sense for the July/Aug/Sep quarter. I'm guessing a week after the 4th July holiday and not before. The bugs will come out after launch, and I think they don't want to be bug fixing over the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    No, but common business sense prevents a June or July release 1000%. Blizzard is in it for the money and they know people will be occupied with TBC for the next 2-3 months. Which means sub numbers are kept stable for whole Q3 without a 9.1 release.
    They were also a month late on actual release and release was bit buggy so it took lots of dev power to get them over the finish line, which certainly delayed the coming patch cycles...
    If they release 9.1 just before Q4 or start off Q4, they will ride sub number really smooth for the entire year, which will produces bonuses.
    Its also the first ever major patch in wow history that has and is being created completely from home, according to a blue post.

Put all those together and do you honestly believe august/sep release is so far fetched??

I don't but i guess we'll see
    You typed all that and didn’t even blink at the fact they released classic phase 6 Naxx and Shadowlands 8 days apart?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What you are talking about isn't semantics. A lot of people will still cancel their subs even with TBC Classic because most people play retail. Classic did not have that large of numbers and saw a decline up until the TBC release. So players were already canceling subscriptions for both Retail and Classic. Yes TBC-C will bring players back but even classic did eclipse retail and that was when the novelty was fresh.

You seeing new players is not indicative of a trend. Are people coming back? Sure but your sample size is small. There will be a spike in MAU with TBC-C because every expansion launch always sees a spike. It won't be a smooth trend nor does Blizzard want a smooth trend because that goes against predictions. Extending a content drought for Retail is an artificial boost that might not cover the loss that will happen when TBC-C novelty wears off and the lose from Retail having a a few more months of no content.

Why are you going with middle to late august when you said they will push it to Q4? Which begins in October so September or October should be your guess no?
    I think you vastly overestimate people who not play tbc and just quit wow altogether just because its a small content draught, affecting a tiny % of the population.
    You're also pulling random numbers out and spouting them as facts, its bit disingenuous from you.
    Yes, they want spikes but also retain players for the entire year to max subs. TBC released a week ago if we remove the fuckup. You think its done spiking just yet?
    9.1 will be another spike and those who quit will come back, those that tbc brought will stay. They really only have a win win sitation.

I said August would be a blessing but wouldn't be shocked at sept/oct.... And late august is...pretty close to sep, is it not?

So lets hear your prediction, when will 9.1 drop? You have to be pretty specific, can only choose early, mid or late and a month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    You typed all that and didn’t even blink at the fact they released classic phase 6 Naxx and Shadowlands 8 days apart?
    Month delay on original release?
    And you compare end of Classic where interest was at an all time low to an actual expansion launch?
    Not sure what to answer really...

I say mid-late august. Anyone got balls enough to say theirs? And we can all bookmark ahd shame whoever was wrong?

I think you vastly overestimate people who not play tbc and just quit wow altogether just because its a small content draught, affecting a tiny % of the population.
    You're also pulling random numbers out and spouting them as facts, its bit disingenuous from you.
    Yes, they want spikes but also retain players for the entire year to max subs. TBC released a week ago if we remove the fuckup. You think its done spiking just yet?
    9.1 will be another spike and those who quit will come back, those that tbc brought will stay. They really only have a win win sitation.

I said August would be a blessing but wouldn't be shocked at sept/oct.... And late august is...pretty close to sep, is it not?

So lets hear your prediction, when will 9.1 drop? You have to be pretty specific, can only choose early, mid or late and a month.

- - - Updated - - -

Month delay on original release?
    And you compare end of Classic where interest was at an all time low to an actual expansion launch?
    Not sure what to answer really...

I say mid-late august. Anyone got balls enough to say theirs? And we can all bookmark ahd shame whoever was wrong?
    Actual expansion launch? Shadowlands was an actual expansion launch?

Naxx probably had more hype than 9.1 lol.

6/29 is my guess. That is an 11 week PTR.

guys, Shadowlands launched at November 23, 2020! If by some miracle 9.1 is out on june 23 it already give us half a year of initial patch - this is already crazy long!
    Im prayin for July 1 release, because anything later will be disaster.

2037, 9.1 has been released.
    Both remaining players report it's pretty good and they are glad they waited.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    6/29 is my guess. That is an 11 week PTR.
    So you think it will release in 20 days without any announcement? Ohh my sweet sweet summer child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why are you going with middle to late august when you said they will push it to Q4? Which begins in October so September or October should be your guess no?
    You need to become better at reading comprehension, i've told you twice now?
    What is your prediction then? I'm actually curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I laughed at this. LMAO I love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes you have said at least twice that you think a September or October release is more likely. You said we should be happy if an August release happens which implies that you don't think August is likely. Which is why I asked you shouldn't what you said was unlikely be avoid as a bet. I've hinted at it but June is the likely month it will be released. There are still 3 possible dates. August is way to late. September and October are so improbable that they should be labeled impossible.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So you think it will release in 20 days without any announcement? Ohh my sweet sweet summer child.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering Blizz has historically given either exactly 2 weeks notice or some patches even less (12ish) days it would be fairly normal for them.

When has Blizzard ever announced patch dates more than 2 weeks in advance??

they always announce end of season about 10-14 days before

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    It's posts like this that make me regret not having a like button here.

My prediction is 9.1 will release june 30th. There already was a "get your shit together and grind 40 renown" post by Blizzard. Bookmark this post and rub it in my face if it releases later.

"Irredeemable Trash". Interesting that they made Shadowlands into an in-game item.

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    guys, Shadowlands launched at November 23, 2020! If by some miracle 9.1 is out on june 23 it already give us half a year of initial patch - this is already crazy long!
    Im prayin for July 1 release, because anything later will be disaster.
    sorry to disappoint but its looking like a early August release

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    "Irredeemable Trash". Interesting that they made Shadowlands into an in-game item.
    This is where difference of opinions occurs.

I don't think it is irredeemable by any means.

Torghast
    - Needs a lot more rewards, incentives.
    - Possibly single layer per floor section.
    - Maybe even challenge rooms instead.

I've given a list before the way I would've went about the reward system. Anyways if they make the changes it could be challenging content for the rest of this games existence if done right and scaled forever. (Probably only certain sections) It's a lot of work to throw away and have no reason to go back to it.

Speaking of replayability they are addressing raids and having unique skins. I hope I am not jinxing it.. but I did see weapons. This doesn't address armors yet, but still if they are nice to provide us some weapons.. there would be a bunch of more work that will be enjoyable for many years.

I don't know what to do about the Maw personally. So I never give opinions on it. I just know if I was the people working on this game. They could've looked at it as a different perspective and be like.. "Guys we get to make our own Doom World of Warcraft style. You know Doom right? That groundbreaking PC game. Let's have a ALOT of fun with this." Instead it comes across as mudwimping their customers. That they didn't want to bother to make something uniquely their own and have fun with it. While it is still actually here in this franchise. I guess that was the choice made.

As for zones I still would've preferred something that actually spoke other dimension (again while they were here...) but I am having a hunch they will cut this expansion short. Back to normality.

Now if the excuse to cut this expansion short is to actually put in unique armors into raids so they have replayability and keep people subscribed.. also address a lot of the other issues they cut. (leisure activities etc) Then by all means, do it. But if the project gets cut entirely and we have a patch of Siege of Orgrimmar (5.4) for no content for an extended amount of time. Then an expansion launch like WOD which was very bad. Then don't do it.

I keep repeating I will not preorder. I did not preorder SLs, I will probably not preorder for a long amount of time. (This would need to be groundbreaking stuff they are advertising for me to change my mind) This would've been the first expansion I didn't even play at launch either, in a long amount of time. Due to the amount of hiccups, cuts, lack of content. It's really been piling up for them the past couple of expansions. Bad credibility is crippling.

I still wouldn't call it irredeemable trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    This is where difference of opinions occurs.

I don't think it is irredeemable by any means.

Torghast
    - Needs a lot more rewards, incentives.
    - Possibly single layer per floor section.
    - Maybe even challenge rooms instead.

I've given a list before the way I would've went about the reward system. Anyways if they make the changes it could be challenging content for the rest of this games existence if done right and scaled forever. (Probably only certain sections) It's a lot of work to throw away and have no reason to go back to it.

Speaking of replayability they are addressing raids and having unique skins. I hope I am not jinxing it.. but I did see weapons. This doesn't address armors yet, but still if they are nice to provide us some weapons.. there would be a bunch of more work that will be enjoyable for many years.

I don't know what to do about the Maw personally. So I never give opinions on it. I just know if I was the people working on this game. They could've looked at it as a different perspective and be like.. "Guys we get to make our own Doom World of Warcraft style. You know Doom right? That groundbreaking PC game. Let's have a ALOT of fun with this." Instead it comes across as mudwimping their customers. That they didn't want to bother to make something uniquely their own and have fun with it. While it is still actually here in this franchise. I guess that was the choice made.

As for zones I still would've preferred something that actually spoke other dimension (again while they were here...) but I am having a hunch they will cut this expansion short. Back to normality.

Now if the excuse to cut this expansion short is to actually put in unique armors into raids so they have replayability and keep people subscribed.. also address a lot of the other issues they cut. (leisure activities etc) Then by all means, do it. But if the project gets cut entirely and we have a patch of Siege of Orgrimmar (5.4) for no content for an extended amount of time. Then an expansion launch like WOD which was very bad. Then don't do it.

I keep repeating I will not preorder. I did not preorder SLs, I will probably not preorder for a long amount of time. (This would need to be groundbreaking stuff they are advertising for me to change my mind) This would've been the first expansion I didn't even play at launch either, in a long amount of time. Due to the amount of hiccups, cuts, lack of content. It's really been piling up for them the past couple of expansions. Bad credibility is crippling.

I still wouldn't call it irredeemable trash.
    Based on what we've been given so far and what is being shown for 9.1, SL is irredeemable.

SL is definitely not irredeemable. Play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    sorry to disappoint but its looking like a early August release
    Im starting to fear with no release date news so far that you're right with August release..