Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Where’s the downside to this? Sounds like he made his choice and the other dozen slots (and his dps) suffered for it.

I get that every system has flaws, but saving up longer than the next guy for a piece you want doesn’t sound like a super negative thing.
    It's objectively a negative thing from the perspective of the guild, and the well being of "the guild" is always more important than the individual wishes of a raider. Every time this have happened in the guilds I've been in, the Officers simply stepped in and forced people to take the loot.

These situations were about raiders passing on obvious upgrades in a Loot Council situation (the LC equivalent to scumsaving EP/DKP). However, the goal was always the same: To get prio on big ticket items like trinkets/weapons.

DKP/EPGP is obviously a much worse alternative than LC, but if you are going to use a point system, at least keep it as more of a guideline, with the Officers having the final word. Using a point system and following it literally, with the guy with the most point getting the item, is even worse than simply rolling for it... Promotes shitty behaviour and drama, while making your raid perform worse.

Point systems also NEED to have a weekly decay of about 25%, to promote actually taking loot, instead of just hoarding for big ticket items.

If those things are in place (decay and officers overriding the EP standings when needed), point systems start becoming a viable alternative, but they are still dogshit compared to LC.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    It's objectively a negative thing from the perspective of the guild, and the well being of "the guild" is always more important than the individual wishes of a raider. Every time this have happened in the guilds I've been in, the Officers simply stepped in and forced people to take the loot.

These situations were about raiders passing on obvious upgrades in a Loot Council situation (the LC equivalent to scumsaving EP/DKP). However, the goal was always the same: To get prio on big ticket items like trinkets/weapons.

DKP/EPGP is obviously a much worse alternative than LC, but if you are going to use a point system, at least keep it as more of a guideline, with the Officers having the final word. Using a point system and following it literally, with the guy with the most point getting the item, is even worse than simply rolling for it... Promotes shitty behaviour and drama, while making your raid perform worse.

Point systems also NEED to have a weekly decay of about 25%, to promote actually taking loot, instead of just hoarding for big ticket items.

If those things are in place (decay and officers overriding the EP standings when needed), point systems start becoming a viable alternative, but they are still dogshit compared to LC.
    That’s a helpful explanation, thanks.

In this scenario, are guilds just dragging poor performers, though? If you’re not upgrading because you’re hoarding, at what point does a guild just stop taking you because your DPS is shit?

I’ve somehow managed to not be a part of loot drama so I’m just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    Personal loot is just Blizzard's RNG loot council.
    Nah, it's just paying the players that would normally have to wait to gear the officers their dues.

DST is 100% hunter loot. Never gets replaced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Hi everybody,

During Classic I'm sure many different systems for loot distribution were used by all the various guilds. We used EP/GP but alongside it a "Priority" system to ensure 'rare' or 'super OP' loot went to the classes that could make the best use of it. This was to prevent things like "Onslaught Girdle" from Ragnaros going to a Retribution Paladin over a Fury Warrior, or Neltharions Tear going to a Boomkin over a Mage.
    I played a ret pally in classic vanilla, got Onslaught from a roll, some guildies hated me and gquit. I'm still using that belt at lvl 65, crushing mobs with full t2.5 and Sulfuras.

While I get that sweaty players hate giving loot to subpar specs, in the grand picture, it can foster guild loyalty and pay off when specs improve later on.