Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/14...420741633?s=19

Remember, the Republicans always project on AOC's intelligence.

Gohmert is by far the dumbest mother effer in Congress.
    Truest words. Many can argue about the mental capacity of so many of these idiots, but Ghomert is S+ tier when it comes to idiocy.

If global warming is such a problem, why can't we just drop a few ice cubes into the sun? I mean, the sun isn't that big. When I stare at it during an eclipse while it's up there orbiting the Earth, it's barely wider than the distance between two of my fingers.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...imony-on-trump

McGahn on the Trump campaign colluding with Russian officials -

“Well, you know, he certainly entertained the idea. Certainly seemed to ask a number of people about it. Certainly had a number of conversations with me about something along those lines,” McGahn told lawmakers.

“So, you know, it was disappointing that he’d come out and say, oh, it was never on the table when, certainly, at least the conflict of interest issue and whether that would preclude Mueller from being special counsel, certainly was discussed,” he added.
    On Mueller -

He wanted me to call [former Deputy Attorney General Rod] Rosenstein and inform Rod that he had conflicts. And, in the President's view, Mueller shouldn't be able to serve as special counsel because of these conflicts,” he said.
    On Trump pressuring McGahn to clear him publicly -

The transcript also shows McGahn’s own fears of being implicated in the investigation, as Trump was pressuring him to release a statement saying Trump had not sought to pressure Rosenstein to remove Mueller.

McGahn said that statement “would not have been accurate” and that given Mueller’s track record for going after those who had made false statements, “I would have probably been next.
    Plenty more, those are just the tidbits from The Hill so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Plenty more, those are just the tidbits from The Hill so far.
    I don't know how many of us said "there will be XXX people leaving the Trump WH and claiming to be the only sane, honest, competent person there". But it was probably a high number.

I think, looking back at breaking news the Keystone Pipeline has been canceled.

A statement from TC Energy said that after "a comprehensive review of its options, and in consultation with its partner, the Government of Alberta, it has terminated the Keystone XL Pipeline Project."

"We value the strong relationships we’ve built through the development of this Project and the experience we’ve gained," François Poirier, the company's president and CEO, said in a statement.
    Naturally the GOP is saying "But what about the jobs!" and here's Breccia the Asshole saying "Politifact bitches."

Our Ruling

A Facebook post says that Biden’s executive order revoking the Keystone XL pipeline "is destroying 11,000 jobs."

That number is an estimate, and the claim lacks context about the longevity of Keystone jobs.

TC Energy said more than 1,000 people are out of work because of Biden’s executive order. In October, the company said it expected to employ more than 11,000 Americans in 2021 and generate more than $1.6 billion in gross wages.

But both TC Energy and the State Department have said the majority of those jobs would be temporary. A 2014 report found that the company would need only 50 employees to maintain the Keystone XL pipeline once it’s finished, 35 of them permanent.

Temporary jobs are still jobs. But this post could leave the wrong impression without full context. We rate it Half True.
    I'm going to hit the important part again.

35 of them permanent
    One of Trump's most crowed-about achievements is nowhere near as long as he said, leaked, and nobody wants it sticking into them. What better metaphor for Trump could there possibly be?

House Republicans blame Democrats for higher Chipotle burrito prices

...okay, that's a close second.

Feel like this has to be posted here due to the content of what the Pennsylvanian State Representative said. He was being booed for stating the obvious about the GQP in the Pennsylvania state house and it was a pretty perfect line in response to the boos.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pennsylva...234357103.html
    House Majority Leader Bryan Cutler, a Republican, then cut Sims' microphone. "That's enough," he said amid booing from other GOP lawmakers.

Sims was unrepentant.

"Your boos mean nothing to me," he said. "I've seen what you cheer for."
    A absolutely perfect response to any Republican in any level of the U.S. government.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Feel like this has to be posted here due to the content of what the Pennsylvanian State Representative said. He was being booed for stating the obvious about the GQP in the Pennsylvania state house and it was a pretty perfect line in response to the boos.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pennsylva...234357103.html

A absolutely perfect response to any Republican in any level of the U.S. government.
    "How dare you correctly point out facts, they hurt my feelings!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    "Your boos mean nothing to me," he said. "I've seen what you cheer for."
    Huh. That's a Rick and Morty line.

Maybe the forest service can also rake all the moon forests, so they won't catch fire. Space force with their brand new space cruisers can handle the back and forth transport.

Although.... I swear couple years back North Korea said they're building statue of great leaders hand that will hold the moon they bring home from the sky. Trusting their honesty; the moon might be in North Korea these days and not orbiting our fair planet.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2021-06-10 at 03:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump says Biden should fire the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

"For what?"

I mean, does it matter? He's a sick fat unemployed senile old man. His opinion is worthless.

"But must have had some reason."

Well if you must pry, they said climate change was a serious threat, along with China and Rusia.

"So...Trump is closer to what @Azadina said sarcastically about moon forest rakings, than admitting climate change is real?"

Yes.

"Doesn't he literally live at sea level? I mean, even Florida knows there's a problem. They published this in 2010. There's a section about increased flooding."

Technically, Mar-a-Lago is three feet above sea level. As per that paper's findings, it'll be 2.5 in 15 years. Maybe 2.0 because of the added Trump bulk. Yes, he should be very concerned that the building he lives in is under increasing threat. It would not surprise me even a little if, during the next tropical storm, hurricane or Taco Bell-inspired toilet backup, for Trump to yell "WHY DIDN'T ANYONE WARN US!" at passing clouds.

Wednesday's report:

14,201 new cases; roughly 9.5k fewer than two weeks ago (not counting Florida).

Top 5:

Fuck Florida.
    Texas: 1,598 new cases; 38 deaths
    California: 1,034 new cases; 28 deaths
    Colorado: 697 new cases; 20 deaths
    New York: 660 new cases; 8 deaths

The drop in cases remains pretty precipitous through most of the nation and in the larger states like California and New York in particular. For California to be nearly under 1k is pretty astonishing given the population--and those jackasses in Orange County. Texas' total today is actually higher than two weeks ago as Abbott continues shouting "all is well!" and Texas has been moved from "Medium" risk to "High" risk, joining Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and Washington.

452 deaths is about 200 fewer than two weeks ago and brings the total to 613,494. After Florida at the top spot came Texas, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, all under 50. The 7-day average remains at about 400 thanks largely to corrections after the holiday weekend last week.

Related news:

Slavitt steps down as White House coronavirus response coordinator--This was a departure that was planned at the start so not exactly on the same level of the Trump administration's revolving-door.

Fauci blasts 'preposterous' Covid conspiracies, accuses his critics of 'attacks on science'--The article itself is a bit repetitive, but it's essentially quoting Fauci couching "these people are fucking morons" in the nicest terms possible. And he's right. To wit:

Fauci also flatly dismissed a conspiracy theory about him and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg that has been pushed by Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee.

Zuckerberg emailed Fauci early on in the pandemic, inviting him to a Q&A video on the platform and outlining some ideas where the social media giant could work with the U.S. government on the Covid response. Blackburn claimed the emails between the two men showed that Fauci was trying to create a narrative "so that you would only know what they wanted you to know."
    Several of these elected officials ought to be removed from their seats for being just too fucking stupid, although I guess they do represent their constituents...

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-06-10 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Several of these elected officials ought to be removed from their seats for being just too fucking stupid, although I guess they do represent their constituents...
    The irony of Blackburn accusing Fauci of the literal strategy for the Republican party. Fuck man, I loathe how anti-science the party has become, and how a hard working and fundamentally decent guy like Fauci is on the receiving end of an avalanche of hate and harassment, including from god-damned elected officials.

10+ Year Old Account
    452 deaths
    Also known as "late March 2020 levels". The rolling averages didn't hit 450 until the first week of April.

The country is on the right path, but there's still a long way to go.

'attacks on science'... And he's right.
    He is. To date, not a single conspiracy theory has had any backup. I especially like the ones about microchips that, somehow, weren't found even once by accident in hundreds of millions of doses. You would have to be rabid fanbase level of willfully ill-informed to believe those. Seriously, not one person had a microchip reaction? None causes an aneurysm, nobody had allergies, none were fried in an X-ray which, pretty sure, is how EMP was discovered?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I would argue that it being a line from the Hiestcon episode only makes it more apt.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uks...ir-2021-06-10/

Biden a "Breath of fresh air" for BoJo? Man, he's gonna get left on read next time he wants something from The Donald.

Friendship with BoJo is over. Trump has no best friends now.

There ought to be some intelligence tests that are taken yearly to make sure our representatives are...not dumb as dirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone summon @Breccia and probably @cubby
    We got some freshly dug up Trump shenanigans

Hunting Leaks, Trump Officials Focused on Democrats in Congress

and before you say "paywall" they added some gift share thing, so anyone can see that article for the next 14 days, and it wont count against your feebies

As the Justice Department investigated who was behind leaks of classified information early in the Trump administration, it took a highly unusual step: Prosecutors subpoenaed Apple for data from the accounts of at least two Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee, aides and family members. One was a minor.

All told, the records of at least a dozen people tied to the committee were seized in 2017 and early 2018, including those of Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, then the panel’s top Democrat and now its chairman, according to committee officials and two other people briefed on the inquiry.

Prosecutors, under the beleaguered attorney general, Jeff Sessions, were hunting for the sources behind news media reports about contacts between Trump associates and Russia. Ultimately, the data and other evidence did not tie the committee to the leaks, and investigators debated whether they had hit a dead end and some even discussed closing the inquiry.

But William P. Barr revived languishing leak investigations after he became attorney general a year later. He moved a trusted prosecutor from New Jersey with little relevant experience to the main Justice Department to work on the Schiff-related case and about a half-dozen others, according to three people with knowledge of his work who did not want to be identified discussing federal investigations.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Someone summon @Breccia and probably @cubby
    We got some freshly dug up Trump shenanigans

Hunting Leaks, Trump Officials Focused on Democrats in Congress

and before you say "paywall" they added some gift share thing, so anyone can see that article for the next 14 days, and it wont count against your feebies
    I believe in conservative circles this would be celebrated as "draining the swamp". Though if the tables were turned I'm sure they'd call it communist intimidation and big-government overreach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    "the Schiff-related case"
    Let me guess: they found nothing.

(checks news, this forum, and basic general info)

Yep. What is it Trump calls a politically-motivated baseless investigation? Rhymes with "bitch cunt"...

I've been slowly reading it over the past 2 days. What really sticks out is how limited congress was by the agreement between congress and the DOJ that allowed the testimony to be given.
    Edit:
    This was interesting:

This was sort of my Irish Blarney way of explaining what I tried to explain earlier,
    that if I, as counsel to the President, called the Acting Attorney General and conveyed an
    urgent message about the need for the special counsel to not be permitted to serve
    because of conflicts, that could cause Rosenstein to think he was being ordered to do
    something that he would find contrary to his oath of office.

And there's historical example of that happening. And when that happens, you
    had a succession of resignations at the Department of Justice. I didn't want that to
    happen, so I didn't call Rod.
    This seemed to be an inflection point. It was time to hit the brakes and not make
    a phone call to Rod to raise this issue that the President had continued to raise with me.
    It seemed to me that it'd be easier for me to not make the call and take whatever heat or
    fallout there would be than to cause, potentially, a chain reaction that I think would not
    be in the best interest of the President.

Sometimes lawyers have to do things that their clients maybe don't like in the
    moment, but you do them because, in your judgment as a lawyer, it's the correct thing to
    do.
    Q Why, in your judgment as a lawyer, was this the correct thing to do?
    A Well, I can say what I just said. But my fear was, delivering that sort of
    pressure onto Rosenstein, even if it was short -- and I use the word "pressure" to say,
    even if it was short of a clear direction, could've caused Rod to react in ways that were
    unforeseen and could've caused a major issue
    that would've been, you know, in
    hindsight, you know, an inflection point.
    He doesn't come out and say that trump asked him to do something he thought was illegal, but that seems to be a pretty strong implication.

Double edit: I realize that it might not be clear what historical example he's talking about. They're talking about the saturday night massacre:

-- it says, "McGahn was concerned about having any role in asking the Acting
    Attorney General to fire the special counsel because he had grown up in the Reagan era
    and wanted to be more like Judge Robert Bork and not 'Saturday Night Massacre Bork.'"
    Ex3:
    He does pull his statement back a bit:
    Different than what we're talking about here. Let's not read too much into my
    invocation of "Saturday Night Massacre," because the President never, for example, got
    anywhere near ordering shutting down the office of Mueller. It was Mueller and conflicts.
    But it suggests he thought trump's actions still wouldn't be viewed as legal by rosenstein, otherwise there'd be no reason for him to resign.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2021-06-11 at 06:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

So when Barr was asked by Harris at his confirmation committee hearing if the white house asked or suggested that the DoJ open an investigation into anyone, and Barr after fumbling with the word about not understanding what suggest meant, his answer was "I don't know." But he in fact did know with certainty that the white house open an investigation into Schiff and Comey, and therefore he lied under oath, sounds like perjury to my laymen's brain. /shrug.