10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    And out of those like 5 people, none of them, NONE of them are trying to be Batman. Lazy fucks.
    I dunno.

Bruce Wayne runs a faceless megacorporation and contributes willingly to the inherently exploitative nature of capitalism while giving a pittance back in the form of personally gratifying vigilantism.

Elon Musk runs a faceless megacorporation and contributes willingly to the inherently exploitative nature of capitalism while giving a pittance back in the form of self-driving bombs with a taste for pedestrian blood.

Tomato, tomato.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's relevant when it's your argument
    My argument being that wealth inequality is bad? Not seeing how it's relevant beyond setting up your ability to fearmonger about people's retirement accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I dunno.

Bruce Wayne runs a faceless megacorporation and contributes willingly to the inherently exploitative nature of capitalism while giving a pittance back in the form of personally gratifying vigilantism.

Elon Musk runs a faceless megacorporation and contributes willingly to the inherently exploitative nature of capitalism while giving a pittance back in the form of self-driving bombs with a taste for pedestrian blood.

Tomato, tomato.

- - - Updated - - -

My argument being that wealth inequality is bad? Not seeing how it's relevant beyond setting up your ability to fearmonger about people's retirement accounts.
    Nah, your argument about him not paying capital gains taxes... that was a classic.

And we're back to you not understanding the difference between income and capital gains. Kewl.
    Kewl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, your argument about him not paying capital gains taxes
    Not sure where that argument was made, but okay. Lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Not sure where that argument was made, but okay. Lol.
    Don't worry, I provided it, enjoy!!!

On the plus side, it appears I do know the difference between income and capital gains. And, since I was nice enough to provide the definitions, you do, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, I provided it, enjoy!!!
    You not understanding the difference between income and capital gains is a claim that he doesn't pay capital gains tax, now? Curious. :think:

You not understanding the difference between income and capital gains is a claim that he doesn't pay capital gains tax, now? Curious. :think:
    So, to confirm, I do know the difference between income and capital gains... and you did not.

It would appear he did not, either.

And he paid above the the national average on his salary... as was pointed out.

Taxes on stocks are taken out when the stock is sold. So, you have nothing to worry about.
    Jesus fucking christ.

He did not. His actual salary includes stocks. that is the loophole you pretend doesn't exist.

I know how taxes are taken out of stocks. I am saying that should be changed for people in that bracket. And not because of hate o punishment but because it is fair, since they use more of government services than anyone and only people of their wealth can afford to dodge taxes by using stocks as a tax shelter. You can't do it. I can't do it. We would starve and we use less than they do.

Its wrong, it needs to be changed. So stop telling me how it is as justification. I know how it is and it should changed.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    So, to confirm, I do know the difference between income and capital gains
    I've yet to see evidence of this.

Not sure how this proves someone claimed that he doesn't pay capital gains taxes, though. Sounds like a strawman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Jesus fucking christ.

He did not. His actual salary includes stocks. that is the loophole you pretend doesn't exist.

I know how taxes are taken out of stocks. I am saying that should be changed for people in that bracket. And not because of hate o punishment but because it is fair, since they use more of government services than anyone and only people of their wealth can afford to dodge taxes by using stocks as a tax shelter. You can't do it. I can't do it. We would starve and we use less than they do.

Its wrong, it needs to be changed. So stop telling me how it is as justification. I know how it is and it should changed.
    https://www.morningstar.com/news/mar...security-costs

"Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) Chief Executive Jeff Bezos base salary for 2020 remained at $81,840, the same as 2019 and just a little more than double the median total compensation U.S. full-time employees of $37,930. In the ecommerce and cloud giant's 2020 proxy statement filed late Wednesday, Amazon disclosed that Bezos total 2020 compensation was $1,681,840, also the same as the year before, as he again received no stock awards and "all other compensation" remained at $1.60 million."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/am...pay-2020-04-16

"“We believe that all company-incurred security costs are reasonable and necessary and for the company’s benefit, and that the amount of the reported security expenses for Mr. Bezos is especially reasonable in light of his low salary and the fact that he has never received any stock-based compensation,” the company stated in the proxy statement.

Basically, Bezos doesn’t need stock-based awards, given that he already owned 55,495,676 Amazon shares as of April 3, or 11.15% of the shares outstanding. Based on current stock prices, the value of his stockholdings exceeded $133 billion."

Well, this is getting awkward for you. Are you going to admit you were wrong? Are you going to disappear and pretend this didn't happen?

- - - Updated - - -

I've yet to see evidence of this.

Not sure how this proves someone claimed that he doesn't pay capital gains taxes, though. Sounds like a strawman.
    I provided the definition. You're welcome.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-06-10 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Jesus fucking christ.

There's not actually been a single argument why he shouldn't be taxed. It's just been endless complaining about people's choice of words, or ad hominem arguments about their motives, or repeating Republican talking points about people's retirement accounts.

I provided the definition. You're welcome.
    Congratulations to Google for knowing the difference.

There's not actually been a single argument why he shouldn't be taxed. It's just been endless complaining about people's choice of words, or ad hominem arguments about their motives, or repeating Republican talking points about people's retirement accounts.

Congratulations to Google for knowing the difference.
    And I tried to explain the difference to you... you still haven't gotten it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I tried to explain the difference to you... you still haven't gotten it.
    That's nice, you still haven't provided an argument why Jeff Bezos shouldn't be taxed more.

That's nice, you still haven't provided an argument why he shouldn't be taxed more.
    So, moving those goalposts... again?

How much more? What exactly do you want to tax... his capital gains?

10+ Year Old Account
    So, moving those goalposts... again?
    It's the main subject of the thread.

How much more?
    His total tax burden should be reflective of his stake in society - and in our shitty capitalist society, that translates to one's income and holdings. So he has a big stake in society.

It's the main subject of the thread.

His total tax burden should be reflective of his stake in society - and in our shitty capitalist society, that translates to one's income and holdings.
    So, it should be based on all the money you and others who hate him so fucking much... have given him through the years?

His tax burden is based on his income, and is above the national average in percentage, as was provided by Bodakane.

Capital gains included!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, it should be based on all the money you and others who hate him so fucking much... have given him through the years?
    Sure, why not.

His tax burden is based on his income
    And the present way that burden is calculated is shitty and should be changed. Once again, you've not provided a reason why the current system is good.

Sure, why not.

And the present system is shitty and should be changed. Once again, you've not provided a reason why the current system is good.
    I'm opposing your attempts to tax people, just because you hate them.

The current system isn't good, that's not my argument. Nice straw man, I expect nothing less.

I'm about to head to DC to go to the gym, I'll keep you apprised of my Capitol Gainz.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm opposing your attempts to tax people, just because you hate them.
    Admitting that you're not here to actually discuss the subject but instead speculate about other posters' motives is a bold strategy.

Admitting that you're not here to actually discuss the subject but instead speculate about other posters' motives is a bold strategy.
    I've been discussing it from the beginning. I oppose your shitty wealth tax plans. I'd much rather support liberty, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been discussing it
    It's telling that you think repeating declarative statements of what you support or oppose constitutes discussion, but no.

No one cares that you oppose something if you can't give us a reason why it's worth opposing. When we're asked for a reason, we get "liberty" without being told exactly why that's good. And it's the same in every thread, further evidence that you're not here to discuss the subject matter but instead proselytise.