• Next Year

21 5.60%
  • Never/Cancelled

47 12.53%
Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

When is 9.1 coming out?

June 29th is the date.

The base patch is almost 7 months old. 9.1 was announced in February or March..? It is now June 9th, 6 days from the 2nd quarter of June. June 21st marks the first day of Summer. When is this patch going to release? This has been one of the longest if not the longest content droughts for a -patch- I've ever seen. No, not counting the patches between patch and next expac like Siege.

The reaction of some notable players:

Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2021-06-17 at 05:16 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, it's this thread.

Again.

1. It's the longest content drought during an ongoing expansion (not counting the final patches) by quite some weeks when it finally launches.

2. The most likely earliest release date for 9.1 was always June 22. June 29 is my guess, but it could be later. We're most likely getting the exact date tomorrow.

3. Blizzard's ongoing development is still struggling, as Ion said just some weeks ago. So expect everything to take longer and get delayed.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Simple.

When are six month subs up?

That is your answer.

5+ Year Old Account
    As I said in the other thread, late June or early July look like reasonable guesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Considering they keep adding new broken stuff to the ptr, mid July is probably the more reasonable bet..

Last week of June or early July is my guess. PTR seems far enough that it appears that it will not be August
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I imagine the last choice is the most reasonable one, right?

Surely, the patch is not coming and has been cancelled.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Considering they keep adding new broken stuff to the ptr, mid July is probably the more reasonable bet..
    Blizzard is known for shipping broken stuff to live servers, and using the extra weeks there to tweak and hotfix. Not small hotfixes either. I still remember Nyalotha patch, where you got like 50 coalescing visions from a daily, untill they buffed it to over 300. That's a sick increase.
    The tryhards do what they always does, burn themself out in the first two weeks, acting all ambitious in chat, till they suddenly go all ghosts on the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Simple.

When are six month subs up?

That is your answer.
    You do understand that six months subs are on different billing cycles for everyone right?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I heard last week of June from that "leak" from China, I haven't heard anything since then to confirm nor contradict that date. So, right now, it's as good as a target date as any.

Yeah. Saw their new sockets.
    Imagine trying to fix shit systems with adding another system on top which creates new problems and doesn't really fix old ones

I mean I love doing m+ A LOT, but there is so much beating before we can take even on the "hardcore" end.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    You do understand that six months subs are on different billing cycles for everyone right?
    You do understand the vast majority are tied into the new mount release schedule right? That’s why they keep pushing the 6 mo store mounts right when the 6 mo runs out

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Patch release is not season release. Patch - new zone, storyline, maybe dungeon. Season - raid, new m+ affix etc.

Currently I expect patch 29th June and season two weeks later, so mid July as you said. I won't be so sure if we won't see date reveal today, and of course it would need end of season notice next week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The base patch is almost 7 months old. 9.1 was announced in February or March..? It is now June 9th, 6 days from the 2nd quarter of June. June 21st marks the first day of Summer. When is this patch going to release? This has been one of the longest if not the longest content droughts for a -patch- I've ever seen. No, not counting the patches between patch and next expac like Siege.
    Blizzard cornered themselves with this patch and whole SL. COVID is their reason, but problem is - 50% of USA population is already vaccinated and Blizzard employees were vaccinated long time ago, so it's no longer valid excuse for so slow development. Now it's pure greed. SL is crap and they don't even want to fix it. Instead they perform damage control via other means to minimize their losses of profit. SL is overstretched and they think, that keeping it overstretched will make more players stay subbed, than they lose due to crappy content. Then they think, that if Classic has brought them +50% subs for short period of time, then making TBC Classic is much more profitable, than fixing Retail, cuz TBC Classic requires almost 0 investments into development of content, as all content already preexists. And now they just delay release of 9.1 in order to milk as much money from TBC Classic, as possible. Do you realize, how much time is required for players for finish TBC content? Just one month? Wrong. Several months. Problem is - Blizzard are risking. Because at some point they can lose both Classic and Retail players. They think, that when TBC Classic will die, 9.1 will fix this problem, but 9.1 is also crap. For example it has nothing interesting for me, except flying in obsoleted content. No other problems are fixed. New content will be Maw 2.0 and I hate Maw. Anima grind won't be nerfed. Torghast still doesn't have any reward structure to make it self-sufficient content. What will I do in 9.1? Level some alts to get basic Covenant rewards? Is so long development worth "quality" of content, that will be released? Is this content worth returning to paid game? Every piece of 9.1 new content is spit in my face. It's exact situation, when you try to stretch something, but overstretch it so it tears apart.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-06-10 at 07:59 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    You do understand the vast majority are tied into the new mount release schedule right? That’s why they keep pushing the 6 mo store mounts right when the 6 mo runs out
    The 6-month sub mounts are gifted automatically to anyone on a recurring 6-month plan. You do not have to resub when they get released to get them. To put it in simple words: people who are midway through their 6month package also get them.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-06-10 at 07:50 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

*** Soon™ ***

its in the name "9.1" - September.1.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    its in the name "9.1" - September.1.
    Date checks out. For Europeans.

Going to be before July. Don’t Americans have some holiday at early July? Doubt they would want to interfere with that.

Either that, or drastically after. End of July. Is my prediction.

Have they even started testing the new dungeon?