21 5.60%
  • Never/Cancelled

47 12.53%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    august for sure
    september if things takes longer than expected

July, raid releasing in the second half of July/first half of August.

probably august

i see many people saying july, don't u think we would have a release date already if that was the case?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometime in July.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    ...but 9.1 is also crap. For example it has nothing interesting for me, except flying in obsoleted content. No other problems are fixed. New content will be Maw 2.0 and I hate Maw. Anima grind won't be nerfed. Torghast still doesn't have any reward structure to make it self-sufficient content. What will I do in 9.1? Level some alts to get basic Covenant rewards? Is so long development worth "quality" of content, that will be released? Is this content worth returning to paid game? Every piece of 9.1 new content is spit in my face. It's exact situation, when you try to stretch something, but overstretch it so it tears apart.
    I feel the same tbh. Flying would make playing in the clusterfuck zones feel much better, but I would still have to grind renown when the patch drops. And what do I do with flying, those shitty new world quests? Meh. Still no flying in the Maw or Maw 2.0 anyway. And Torghast is pointless without loot. What a wasted opportunity.

Once I'm bored of Classic TBC I'll unsub again until the next expansion unless Blizzard pull a huge surprise out of the bag for the new patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Simple.

When are six month subs up?

That is your answer.
    I have 1 month left on my 6 mos sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Going to be before July. Don’t Americans have some holiday at early July? Doubt they would want to interfere with that.
    4th of July is the National Day of the United States and that's a Sunday this year. Don't see it really interfering with the 9.1 release tbh.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    As I said in the other thread, late June or early July look like reasonable guesses.
    Why do I have the feeling less and less people even care about 9.1at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The 6-month sub mounts are gifted automatically to anyone on a recurring 6-month plan. You do not have to resub when they get released to get them. To put it in simple words: people who are midway through their 6month package also get them.
    No kidding, but you do realize that well over 50% are likely on that timing, which is why every 6mo like clockwork, a new mount pops up for the store on that 6mo sub deal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Why do I have the feeling less and less people even care about 9.1at all?
    It’s a case of “too little too late” and 9.1 isn’t that impressive looking.

For this much delay, 9.1 needed to be the biggest patch in WoW history

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I feel the same tbh. Flying would make playing in the clusterfuck zones feel much better, but I would still have to grind renown when the patch drops. And what do I do with flying, those shitty new world quests? Meh. Still no flying in the Maw or Maw 2.0 anyway. And Torghast is pointless without loot. What a wasted opportunity.
    Blizzard is known to add in new non-flying zones when they add flying in. Argus in Legion is a perfect example.

Besides, while we might not get flying in the Maw (or Korthia) we do get mounting which honestly is a big improvement if you haven't already unlocked one of the maw mounts.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

What's so sad about this waiting period is that 9.1 will probably not be enough content to keep player engaged in the game for that much longer. I'm sure the raid will be good, like it almost always is, and that the new dungeon will be fun (I do hope my friends resub and our group can do it)... But at this point I can't help but feel that I'm already ready to move on from the Shadowlands.

I'm the type of player that is pretty lenient on Blizzard all around, I try to be objective about the good and the bad, but at this point, I'm even surprised that I'm starting to distance myself from the game, and it's becoming hard to find any excuses. I'm not sure that returning to the Shadowlands right now would bring any kind of magic back, and I'm actually looking forward to the next expansion coming sooner than later.

I really think that Blizzard need to rethink how they release content during an expansion and that waiting for these big patches isn't working anymore. Even if there isn't as much of it, we need a steady flow of content to be released regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Blizzard is known for shipping broken stuff to live servers, and using the extra weeks there to tweak and hotfix. Not small hotfixes either. I still remember Nyalotha patch, where you got like 50 coalescing visions from a daily, untill they buffed it to over 300. That's a sick increase.
    The tryhards do what they always does, burn themself out in the first two weeks, acting all ambitious in chat, till they suddenly go all ghosts on the guild.
    Naa, that's how it was meant to go live, the problem was that the majority of the player base didn't bother to do it outside of the weekly. Even after the buff most continued to not bother with it.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Yeah. Saw their new sockets.
    Imagine trying to fix shit systems with adding another system on top which creates new problems and doesn't really fix old ones

I mean I love doing m+ A LOT, but there is so much beating before we can take even on the "hardcore" end.
    A gem system we level yet the moment its socketed its locked off. An now we have domination sets and everything involving those.Both fairly new and recently added and both are basically in phase 1. I can't see these being addressed in 2 week for 9.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Patch release is not season release. Patch - new zone, storyline, maybe dungeon. Season - raid, new m+ affix etc.

Currently I expect patch 29th June and season two weeks later, so mid July as you said. I won't be so sure if we won't see date reveal today, and of course it would need end of season notice next week.
    I never said anything about a season, patch July 6/13 with the raid a week later..

9.1 is soon. Last I heard late June.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    1. It's the longest content drought during an ongoing expansion (not counting the final patches) by quite some weeks when it finally launches.

2. The most likely earliest release date for 9.1 was always June 22. June 29 is my guess, but it could be later. We're most likely getting the exact date tomorrow.

3. Blizzard's ongoing development is still struggling, as Ion said just some weeks ago. So expect everything to take longer and get delayed.
    I did the research the longest gap between a new xpac launch and the 1st patch happened during WOTLK - 5 months. If you don't consider patch 6.1 to be a legit patch like I don't then the longest gap is 7 months. The avg gap is 3 1/2 months, so no matter what congratz Blizzard they broke their own dumb record.

9.1 is NOT happening in June. My reasoning is the following - BC released in June and counts towards the 2nd Q, they'll pace themselves out and release 9.1 sometime in July or August for the 3rd Q. Plus, all the signs point out that they're nowhere near ready, understaffed, Covid and all. The same dumb excuses everyone lets them
    get away with.

Think about it, what causes a Dev staff to "struggle." Undermanned. That's an old excuse they've been trumpeting that lie since MOP, its hard to believe one of the largest gaming companies in the world is always understaffed. Tech issues. No new major systems are being introduced so this doesn't apply. Lack of direction and vision - Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Going to be before July. Don’t Americans have some holiday at early July? Doubt they would want to interfere with that.

Either that, or drastically after. End of July. Is my prediction.

Have they even started testing the new dungeon?
    JUly 4th is Independence Day, but it falls on as Sunday this year so that really doesn't matter.

Are we getting a release date today?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

N E V E R ! !

Clearly.

/s, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Are we getting a release date today?
    Well, their presentation was about Overwatch 2, so I don't expect it. And to be honest, it's good this way, TBC is still fresh and will be fresh even in 3-4 weeks. Let TBC breathe and release 9.1 mid July or later.

June 29 isn't off the table though (remember, June 22 was the earliest date for the 9.1 release).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The 6-month sub mounts are gifted automatically to anyone on a recurring 6-month plan. You do not have to resub when they get released to get them. To put it in simple words: people who are midway through their 6month package also get them.
    The 6 month sub mount promotions are to dangle a carrot in front of players to get them to lock-in for 6 months when they normally wouldn't. Normally that player might only re-sub for 1 month, blow through the new patch content, and unsub --- they might still stop playing now, but Blizzard already has their money because they wanted the pretty mount. My guess is there's quite a few active subscriptions right now that aren't being used.

If Blizzard is hitting their subscription goals, they don't necessarily need to release more content, so this is a bad thing.

If you're a wow lifer who never unsubs - ever, then you're already subbed for 6months recurring anyways, so the mount isn't to incentivize you.
    Last edited by Frosteye; 2021-06-10 at 10:13 PM.

I think we will have an idea probably by next week. If we start seeing a release candidate on PTR then you are probably a week or two out so if its going to be end of june early july we should see it go release candidate pretty soon now.