Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    I use discord.
    This was basically my thought. Similar to the Communities feature in BFA, Blizz is once again very late to the party here. Global WoW (and by extension, other Bnet-linked) communities have been a thing on other platforms for years now.

im sorry but OW shouldnt be Crossplay...if you've played the PC and console versions it's a different game on PC. It's faster and more twitchy...had a friend who played it religiously on console and was baffled by how much faster it played on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I think you missed the part where it says *excluding China.
    He also missed the part where this is battle.net, not WoW. WoW remains as is.

So Battle.net is global, except in China. Blizzard, I don't think you know what global means if China is excluded. Global means everyone. Not everyone except 1/6 of the planet.

I didn't realize English comprehension was this bad, but it shows that Blizzard needs to read the dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    So Battle.net is global, except in China. Blizzard, I don't think you know what global means if China is excluded. Global means everyone. Not everyone except 1/6 of the planet.

I didn't realize English comprehension was this bad, but it shows that Blizzard needs to read the dictionary.
    Blizzard would be more than happy to include China, except China doesn't want to be included. They have their own internet and firewall and censorship and government schemes that make it impossible to include China alongside the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by tamraine View Post
    Blizzard would be more than happy to include China, except China doesn't want to be included. They have their own internet and firewall and censorship and government schemes that make it impossible to include China alongside the rest of the world.
    Can’t let the outside world let them know about the real world

Quote Originally Posted by tamraine View Post
    Then Blizzard shouldn't be calling this global, since that's a falsehood.

*excluding China.

So much for shouting "Free Hong Kong" or "Taiwan is a country."

I think you missed the part where it says *excluding China.
    ah ok. missed that.

but since this was not the point, i adjust my question and ask it again:

does this mean we see also WoW retail US players in EU PUG tool soon?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    doesnt the second part of the blue post saying it moves, also in wow, in such directions ?

when battle.net is now able to connect i.e. US playerbase with EU playerbase, do that affect also the possibility of wow characters ?

i dont know their tech behind (thats why i am asking). but as i understand stuff they said in the past (i.e. engineering panels on Blizzcons) it seems that not much of the „see other chars of other realms“ is in the wow engine code and most of that tech is done via battle.net cloud stuff etc. Means: you dont have to rewrite the half wow engine to enable this feature, since most of the tech resides in the battle.net code. IF it is so. maybe someone knows more about that ?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-06-10 at 11:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aren't all of Blizzard's games operated by a different publisher in China?

15+ Year Old Account
    The internet is a global thing even if some countries do not have it or limit it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    For now. /10char

- - - Updated - - -

If you really think it’s purely Blizzard’s doing then you’re obviously quite ignorant to China/CCP.

There’s no way in hell that a country with already restricted access is going to give people the freedom to discuss freely on a platform they have zero control over.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Shooters in general favor Keyboard an mouse/PC players far more than console players just due to how much quicker and easier it is to aim with a keyboard in mouse. The only exception is Halo MCC, because those games were console games long before they were ported to PC, and the controller aim assist is extremely generous for Halo.
    will not happens, why ? because token in wow are region sided, i know because i play on europe with a french version in quebec canada, i cant buy a token because my money is canadian and europpe token is euro

unless they decide to make all money global, it will never happen

oh and by the way they make it global because activision want all their game on it too if you think that this decision is only because of blizzard and overwatch, i have news for ya

For now. /10char

- - - Updated - - -

If you really think it’s purely Blizzard’s doing then you’re obviously quite ignorant to China/CCP.

There’s no way in hell that a country with already restricted access is going to give people the freedom to discuss freely on a platform they have zero control over.
    I'm well are of what goes on under the CCP. My issue with the misuse of terminology. Blizzard shouldn't be calling this "global" when it isn't global.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The internet is a global thing even if some countries do not have it or limit it.
    This is the definition of global from dictionary.com:

adjective
    pertaining to the whole world; worldwide; universal:
    the dream of global peace.

So nope, you're not right. Unless every country has access to internet, then the internet isn't global, as per the definition of words.

15+ Year Old Account
    So nope, you're not right. Unless every country has access to internet, then the internet isn't global, as per the definition of words.
    Of course the internet is global. By your strict interpretation then nothing can be global as there is hardly anything that every single person on the planet has access to. And yet that word has be defined long before anything global could actually occur. It just show the lengths you are going to in order to hate on a company for no good reason.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Shooters in general favor Keyboard an mouse/PC players far more than console players just due to how much quicker and easier it is to aim with a keyboard in mouse. The only exception is Halo MCC, because those games were console games long before they were ported to PC, and the controller aim assist is extremely generous for Halo.
    Its so much more than keyboard and mouse. Theres a direct correlation to fps and latency. Theyre inversely proportional. Higher fps = lower latency and vice versa. If you had two equally skilled controller players, one on a properly tuned PC and one on console, the PC player has an automatic advantage. This is not even mentioning the differences between higher screen refresh rates.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Of course the internet is global. By your strict interpretation then nothing can be global as there is hardly anything that every single person on the planet has access to. And yet that word has be defined long before anything global could actually occur. It just show the lengths you are going to in order to hate on a company for no good reason.
    I didn't realize using the correct definition of words was "strict interpretation."

Learn something new every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realize using the correct definition of words was "strict interpretation." Learn something new every day.
    The strict interpretation is coming from you saying it has to be available to every single person on the planet in order for it to be labeled as global. That means nothing is global.

I'm well are of what goes on under the CCP. My issue with the misuse of terminology. Blizzard shouldn't be calling this "global" when it isn't global.

This is the definition of global from dictionary.com:

adjective
    pertaining to the whole world; worldwide; universal:
    the dream of global peace.

It's global in terms of Battle Net, not the actual damn planet. All of their Bnet services have become global, it's really not hard to understand why.

I bet you're the kind of guy who'd argue over the colour of the sky tbh.