10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Forgot about Resistance. They really need to give that Trilogy a remaster so more people can play 3.

- - - Updated - - -

You're missing the point. It should not be a surprise that Insomniac had no difficulty creating the 16th entry in a series they've been working on for nearly 2 decades with little innovation happening between titles. That said I suppose they do deserve some credit for managing it during a pandemic.
    I feel like you really don't understand game development. The rendering features included in this game are absolutely innovative. Watch Digital Foundry's review to see what I mean. Having that high quality across the board as well as supporting so many actors and particles on screen requires some seriously impressive work behind the scenes. That's where most of the time is going to be spent. It's going to take far more time to build out these rendering features and optimizations than it is to program a new gameplay feature.

So if we're talking time here, then it is incredibly impressive that Insomniac is creating games that are pushing the boundaries of what games can look like while also releasing games at a far faster pace than any other developer that creates games at the quality they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I feel like you really don't understand game development. The rendering features included in this game are absolutely innovative. Watch Digital Foundry's review to see what I mean. Having that high quality across the board as well as supporting so many actors and particles on screen requires some seriously impressive work behind the scenes. That's where most of the time is going to be spent. It's going to take far more time to build out these rendering features and optimizations than it is to program a new gameplay feature.

So if we're talking time here, then it is incredibly impressive that Insomniac is creating games that are pushing the boundaries of what games can look like while also releasing games at a far faster pace than any other developer that creates games at the quality they do.
    I think people are are forgetting some of the smaller things people are doing with these games. In the case of Ratchet and Clank. 4K gaming (I'll dissenters credit and say there is upscaling and dynamic resolution to preserve FPS at times) at 60 FPS with virtually no load times. For less than $500?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021...without_crunch

This shit is great. They managed to put out a critically acclaimed game lauded as the first real "next-gen" game without crunch, at least according to a few members on the team. Who knew you could make good games without soul crushing crunch that damages the physical and mental health of the people making it?
    Kind of unfaire to compare developers like this.
    If Sony is backing you than can be a bit more flexible than lets say if you need to answer to a couple of investors or directly to stockholders of why you can't finish a game during deadline.
    If a 1e party developer is taking to long or not performing well that developer will get a burner from Sony (or whatever publisher they are working for) but the overal pressure is not the same when you need investors to finance your games.

Sure those hours some people have to work are unthinkable and still I wouldn't compare developers like this.

Community over on the elden ring subreddit are pretty excited about tomorrow. Summer Game Fest may have a trailer or some news I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Community over on the elden ring subreddit are pretty excited about tomorrow. Summer Game Fest may have a trailer or some news I hope.
    Yeah I think we'll either see it at Summer Game Fest or at the Bandai Namco presentation next week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Intergrade is out and hooboy those 2 second load times

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Kind of unfaire to compare developers like this.
    If Sony is backing you than can be a bit more flexible than lets say if you need to answer to a couple of investors or directly to stockholders of why you can't finish a game during deadline.
    If a 1e party developer is taking to long or not performing well that developer will get a burner from Sony (or whatever publisher they are working for) but the overal pressure is not the same when you need investors to finance your games.

Sure those hours some people have to work are unthinkable and still I wouldn't compare developers like this.
    Umm you do realize you can just compare them to other Sony owned studios who have been known for brutal crunch in ND and SMS right? So your entire point is gone.

https://mp1st.com/news/death-strandi...al-trailer-out

Looks like Death Stranding director's cut coming to ps5.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    https://mp1st.com/news/death-strandi...al-trailer-out

Looks like Death Stranding director's cut coming to ps5.
    Huh, wonder what'll be added. I imagine it'll come to PC as well, so I might hold off and just pick up this version of the very pretty walking simulator.

New trailer for Tales of Arise too...looks AWESOME imo:

https://twinfinite.net/2021/06/tales...aracters-more/

- - - Updated - - -

Elden Ring trailer, release Jan 21, 2022? Is this it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6pCyV7PnqI

WOW!!!! Day 1 collectors edition plus second copy to keep in wrapper kinda game for me.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-06-10 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Elden Ring is another Dark Souls copy and.... looks like a Dark Souls copy as well. Seriously that's some very unimpressive graphics and animations, looked like something out of ~2015.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    So Elden Ring is another Dark Souls copy and.... looks like a Dark Souls copy as well. Seriously that's some very unimpressive graphics and animations, looked like something out of ~2015.
    You have cracked the code that from isnt a aaa developer with an unlimited budget

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious how being open world will factor into Elden Ring. Every game From Software makes is a masterpiece, so they have my utmost confidence that they'll pull it off. Could potentially usurp Dark Souls as my favorite game, but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You have cracked the code that from isnt a aaa developer with an unlimited budget
    with how much they sold Dark Souls and funding from sony they kinda are though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    They are not because the bandai side is extremely cheap and the majority of their revenue comes from shitty licensed anime games. And sony has nothing to do with elden ring so not sure why you brought them up

10+ Year Old Account
    Was anyone seriously expecting anything else out of FromSoft but another Soulsborne game?

That's practically all they've been churning out for over a decade now.

What did you expect from From Software? You expect them to pump out some Naughty Dog graphics?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    The only time they ever got funding from Sony is for Demon's Souls and Bloodborne, hence Sony owning both of those IPs. Sony has nothing to do with the rest of their games outside of them just releasing on their platform and others. What are you even talking about?

The team that remade Demon's Souls in Bluepoint is an actual AAA studio that is far beyond From Software in graphical tech so I'm not sure what you expected. Elden Ring was always going to look way worse then Demon's Souls remake graphically since its made by a much smaller dev team not known for graphics.

If you were disappointed in the Elden Ring trailer, my question is did you love Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    How do you have a Director's Cut of a game you basically created a whole new studio to make lol
    You remember you really like money, too.

Now come on big money, give us a Bloodborne remaster, bring it to PC too cause why not. Show PC gamers one of the best games on PS4. Put it out so we can play it while waiting on Elden Ring.

This gen, the age of services is over. The time of the games has come at last. Ratchet arrived today.

Between Ratchet, my continued Village playthrough, Ninja Gaiden Master Collection(of which I'm only planning on playing the first game), Mass Effect Legendary Edition, E3 and surrounding events, I'm happy.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-06-11 at 07:44 PM.