Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    gareth is englands main problem. Bad selection, bad tactics, playing everyone out of position, england still cant score from open play unless the opposition is largely inferior (faroe islands level). So they do score from free kicks/corners/pens. And he doesnt take JWP. What a fucking moron.
    It's coming home mate.

the Overall Winner - France
    the Player of the Tournament - Gnabry
    the Golden Boot - Lukaku
    the Young Player of the Tournament - Kai Havertz
    the Man of the Match Award - Kante
    the Team of the Tournament - Germany

Mystery team that will do well - Italy?

10+ Year Old Account
    the Golden Boot - Lukaku

Mystery team will be Northern Macedonia. They're in the group of death with Ukraine, Austria and the Netherlands.
    Would be funny if Frank de Boer, who's way worse then Gareth, doesn't get us through groupstage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Mystery team will be Northern Macedonia. They're in the group of death with Ukraine, Austria and the Netherlands.
    Would be funny if Frank de Boer, who's way worse then Gareth, doesn't get us through groupstage.
    Isnt the Group of Death Germany, France, Portugal and Hungary?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Isnt the Group of Death Germany, France, Portugal and Hungary?
    I was joking, we've got the easiest group by far, however De Boer is a miserable manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Have to agree. Definitely seems odd.
    Based purely on performance, Harry Kane should be PFA player of the year.

the Golden Boot - Lukaku

Mystery team that will do well for me would be Portugal, they have a much better side than last time, but that group is tough but with 3 qualifiers possible they should make it.

And Im going to be the one to say it....

England, the year postponement has been good for the likes of Grealish, Foden, Mount, Rice, Sancho, Bellingham. Going forward England should be great, keeping clean sheets which is what the group stage is all about might be another matter.

Id say France to win it also, but this always seems a weird tournament won by Denmark, Greece Portugal Czechs when they all looked rubbish.
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2021-06-08 at 07:38 PM.

gareth is englands main problem. Bad selection, bad tactics, playing everyone out of position, england still cant score from open play unless the opposition is largely inferior (faroe islands level). So they do score from free kicks/corners/pens. And he doesnt take JWP. What a fucking moron.
    agreed, the problem is we got further in the world cup than since 90 i think. so give him this tournament and get a decent manager in, perhaps not english.

i think the future is looking good for england though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Based purely on performance, Harry Kane should be PFA player of the year.
    I agree, and like Marleycat said KDB wasn't even City's best player, so it's really weird he won it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so, quick poll question. With the transfer window opening yesterday, we'd normally do a new thread, this one's lasted a couple of seasons and needs replacing.

However the Euros are now on, so that's two new football threads at the same time.

Do we start the new thread anyway, or wait till post tournament and keep transfer talk/club football matters in here till then?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I'd say start a new one since transfer rumors are tied to clubs which is separate from the euros being about the national teams but that's just my 5 cents and i'm down with whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Ok so, quick poll question. With the transfer window opening yesterday, we'd normally do a new thread, this one's lasted a couple of seasons and needs replacing.

However the Euros are now on, so that's two new football threads at the same time.

Do we start the new thread anyway, or wait till post tournament and keep transfer talk/club football matters in here till then?
    id prefer two also, just keep things clean, you could probably close this thread now so you were technically adding one thread?

Personally, I think transfers belong to the new season, cos that's what you're planning the squad for. And I think we're not taxing this forum too much by doing two new threads about football. There is very little overlap and it's not our fault that football is having a big tournament right now.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the above Separate threads for transfers/next season and the Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I agree with the above Separate threads for transfers/next season and the Euros.
    This gets my vote too

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you all misunderstood the question.

The euros will have their own thread.

But so will next season, however closing this thread and starting a new one now means there are two new threads up at the same time.

Do we continue using this thread till post tournament for non Euros stuff, or close this one now and start a new one?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

who cares we will be lucky if the new thread gets 10 pages

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you all misunderstood the question.

The euros will have their own thread.

But so will next season, however closing this thread and starting a new one now means there are two new threads up at the same time.

Do we continue using this thread till post tournament for non Euros stuff, or close this one now and start a new one?
    Ah. I'd say close this one and start a new thread for transfers + next season. Like Slant said, the transfer period is for next season so makes sense to discuss it in that new thread.

who cares we will be lucky if the new thread gets 10 pages
    I mean, it typically is 90% premier league talk, and who cares if I talk about the best club in the world (Bayern) among PL people? :P

In other news, the Bayern sell out continues, if you're an English club with more money than you know what to do with, OR you're Madrid/Barca and it doesn't matter that you're a billion in debt, you can have one of the world's best wingers Coman for a cheap 20 mill per year, go ahead, strike now before someone else gets him!

If you missed out on Alaba, the steal of the year, you don't want to miss out on Coman!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I mean, it typically is 90% premier league talk, and who cares if I talk about the best club in the world (Bayern) among PL people? :P

In other news, the Bayern sell out continues, if you're an English club with more money than you know what to do with, OR you're Madrid/Barca and it doesn't matter that you're a billion in debt, you can have one of the world's best wingers Coman for a cheap 20 mill per year, go ahead, strike now before someone else gets him!

If you missed out on Alaba, the steal of the year, you don't want to miss out on Coman!
    gnabry to palace please