Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post

Holy shit the vid is making me belly laugh, oh wow. The biggest takeaway here is, Sylvanas being there, not killed. I wonder what they're talking about. Somehow I don't think I'll like it. Anyway, I'm so tired of using "Anduin" and "Sylvanas" in the same sentence.

Let me guess, Sylvanas and Anduin will go where no mortal has gone to find her true self or something equally bullshit.

Oh okay, discard that, I've just read the bit about it being a vision.
    Last edited by bagina; 2021-06-11 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Holy shit the vid is making me belly laugh, oh wow. The biggest takeaway here is, Sylvanas being there, not killed. I wonder what they're talking about. Somehow I don't think I'll like it. Anyway, I'm so tired of using "Anduin" and "Sylvanas" in the same sentence.

Let me guess, Sylvanas and Anduin will go where no mortal has gone to find her true self or something equally bullshit.
    Something something telling Anduin wtf is going on, something something future content patch, something something likely having to do with Life or the Sepulcher (Maybe both), something something generic ass dialogue.

He might be saying goodbye to Sylvanas or to his father or to us.
    If it's to us, then I reckon his soul/being/body is being pulled somewhere, maybe along with Sylvanas. But at any rate I don't see a permanent end to Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I think the Alliance is better in the hands of a seasoned war veteran with 1000+ years of experience (who also served as Supreme Commander of the Alliance of Lordaeron during the Second War) rather than a 19 years old who is frankly very naive and foolish.

"Velen's vision" you mean that final page from that Legion comic? Someone at Blizzcon said it was just a potential future, so it's not set in stone. Anduin might be alive but he might also not return to the Alliance ever. It wouldn't be the first time the Alliance lost one of its leaders to neutrality.
    I like Anduin but Turalyon is a thousand times better leader option. Actually any of the Alliance leaders are a better leader option. So if it takes Anduin being dominated by the Jailer for a while so Turalyon springs the Alliance into action I'm game. But I doubt Blizzard are going for "faction pride" in any form again after they managed to disappoint both factions in BfA. I think we are headed instead towards being shown how there is no benevolent forces in the cosmos and we are just tools for anyone.

I’d agree, except...

TURALYON IS A FUCKIN ZEALOT WITH A DREADLORD RIGHT BY HIM!!!
    We know that anyone who ever stepped on the Horde or called them out for their bullshit is a zealot/evil/crazy, so let's get that out of the way.

For the people of the Alliance, but especially for the Humans, Turalyon is their greatest hero both standing as a statue and sitting on the throne of Stormwind (neither of which he wanted). Turalyon is the spark that created the Alliance and the Paladins, he is the champion of the Holy Light which is the religion of Lordaeron/Stormwind, it is the positive power that has been their salvation numerous times. No one could possibly see Turalyon's devotion to the Light as a bad thing. Anduin is a Priest of the Holy Light and almost every time he is involved in anything Blizzard shows us his unshakeable belief and connection to it, probably stronger than Turalyon's, considering his mass res in Lordaeron and his shield dome in the Maw (of all places). So if Turalyon is bad for being a champion of the Light, then Anduin is double bad. Therefore the Lightforged Dreadlord infiltrator would have Anduin's trust even more than that of Turalyon since besides his belief and strength in the Light he also has his 19 year old boy naivety.

But my main point of interest in all of this is whether it was the Jailer or Sylvanas who gave Anduin a haircut to go along his new dark role?
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2021-06-11 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    This is legit the funniest thing I've seen in days. It's almost Lynchian. The lack of dialogue, the close ups. The way it pans to the rest of the Paint Drying Appreciation Society while Anduin and Sylvanas commisserate over the untextured placeholder box.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I like Anduin but Turalyon is a thousand times better leader option. Actually any of the Alliance leaders are a better leader option. So if it takes Anduin being dominated by the Jailer for a while so Turalyon springs the Alliance into action I'm game. But I doubt Blizzard are going for "faction pride" in any form again after they managed to disappoint both factions in BfA. I think we are headed instead towards being shown how there is no benevolent forces in the cosmos and we are just tools for anyone.
    Although I mostly play Horde I would choose Turalyon over Anduin anyday. He is much more experienced (although he is a soldier through and through, not a ruler) and, dare I say, a better character overall with actual flaws and huge potential in future drama. He has so much story to explore along with Alleria. There is no reason to put in this whole setup in a marriage with light/void if they aren’t going to play that card. And no, I don't consider him a zealot at all. I think people are really trying to look for "zealotry" so he can serve as a potential villain at some point. Between him and Alleria he’s the lighter of the two where grey morality is concerned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where is Baine? There is no trace of him in any cut scene...

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Barely anyone unironically still likes Sylvanas.
    Despite of the actual narrative, she remain one of the iconic Warcraft character.

I still like her for many reasons and what she became now it's the result of a questionable narrative choices...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Anduin will merge with compass becoming our moral compass. He will grow tiny wings and "Hey listen" us everytime we face moral dillema.
    This is a good one

Honestly my only hope is that they don't undo Lichduin in this patch.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Where is Baine? There is no trace of him in any cut scene....
    I guess they listened.

10+ Year Old Account
    At most, it says it scars the spirit. The Arthas book implies Arthas did basically everything himself and that his “soul fragment” got fucked over once he became the LK. So...ehhh

While here, Anduin’s soul seems fine, it’s just the Jailer is controlling Anduin as a vessel.
    I still think Arthas deserves Revendreth. I don't think many souls are meant to go to the Maw.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    This is legit the funniest thing I've seen in days. It's almost Lynchian. The lack of dialogue, the close ups. The way it pans to the rest of the Paint Drying Appreciation Society while Anduin and Sylvanas commisserate over the untextured placeholder box.
    I know it's still in an early stage, but I can't help but not be reminded by the creepy TF2 SFM videos people loved to make in the late 2010s
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I think the Alliance is better in the hands of a seasoned war veteran with 1000+ years of experience (who also served as Supreme Commander of the Alliance of Lordaeron during the Second War)
    What I've learned from WoW is the more experience you have the more likely you are to lose, *cough* Night Elves *cough*

- - - Updated - - -

So if Turalyon is bad for being a champion of the Light, then Anduin is double bad.
    Turalyon is a total zealot and massive shill for the Light, he could probably join the Scarlet Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    What I've learned from WoW is the more experience you have the more likely you are to lose, *cough* Night Elves *cough*
    That's because the Night Elves are more experienced in losing and f*cking up the world. It's kind of their thing.

Most likely, these are flashbacks showing us the ending of the "choice" scene with Sylvanas and Anduin.
    Perhaps they came to some kind of agreement among themselves.
    And that's good. The dynamics of the relationship between Sylvanas and Anduin - so far the best that is in SL.

He might be saying goodbye to Sylvanas or to his father or to us.
    If it's to us, then I reckon his soul/being/body is being pulled somewhere, maybe along with Sylvanas. But at any rate I don't see a permanent end to Anduin.

We know that anyone who ever stepped on the Horde or called them out for their bullshit is a zealot/evil/crazy, so let's get that out of the way.

For the people of the Alliance, but especially for the Humans, Turalyon is their greatest hero both standing as a statue and sitting on the throne of Stormwind (neither of which he wanted). Turalyon is the spark that created the Alliance and the Paladins, he is the champion of the Holy Light which is the religion of Lordaeron/Stormwind, it is the positive power that has been their salvation numerous times. No one could possibly see Turalyon's devotion to the Light as a bad thing. Anduin is a Priest of the Holy Light and almost every time he is involved in anything Blizzard shows us his unshakeable belief and connection to it, probably stronger than Turalyon's, considering his mass res in Lordaeron and his shield dome in the Maw (of all places). So if Turalyon is bad for being a champion of the Light, then Anduin is double bad. Therefore the Lightforged Dreadlord infiltrator would have Anduin's trust even more than that of Turalyon since besides his belief and strength in the Light he also has his 19 year old boy naivety.

But my main point of interest in all of this is whether it was the Jailer or Sylvanas who gave Anduin a haircut to go along his new dark role?
    Indeed, Turalyon is undoubtedly revered as a legendary hero by the Alliance. I don't think some people realize that Turalyon literally has a MASSIVE STATUE AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE ALLIANCE CAPITAL, like Alleria, Khadgar, Danath, and the Wildhammer guy (I forgot the name). These are all legendary figures of the Alliance, praised and admired by all. Anduin simply doesn't compare, he's just a naive child.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hence my statement that if any redemption, it is at the cost of Sylvanas disappearing forever, even losing her place in the Shadowlands. And Garrosh was a fav of mine in Cata (Mostly due to the Stonetalon storyline) and he was doable to.. About, a quarter through MoP, from there, he was tossed into the depth of a pit.
    Think something got lost in translation. let me rephrase it. I think even if she sacrifices herself it would not be a redemption. Because that would mean we forgive her for what she has done. And the long laundry list of things she has done to the forsaken, alliance AND horde makes that impossible.

On that garrosh bit. yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    As for Anduin, we were clearly shown a sign that he is fighting control, and it is not truly him, when we saw the cutscene, so it feels certain that it is not death, at least not yet.
    Yup, but if the new cut scene titles is anything to go by. And if anduin would go back on the throne in SW there would not be any faction war. It looks that we might be waving off the boy king for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I guess they listened.
    Fingers crossed that they take Anduin as well and let the Alliance for once have a plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Citation needed. The only confirmation we have is the people he struck with the weapon were fragmented to my knowledge.
    Uh oh...someone never played WC3 or did the Frostmourne Cave Quest in Northrend =O

If you did either one of those things, you wouldn't be assuming "we" don't now. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever the scene is I believe it takes place before the Raid which is strange considering both he and Sylvanas turn up in the final encounter and the cutscene is meant to be his goodbye, to who it's not clear. I'd hazard a guess that it's just exposition to set up what happens at the end of the raid possibly as a means of lampshading it in advance as well.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Citation needed. The only confirmation we have is the people he struck with the weapon were fragmented to my knowledge.
    In WarCraft 3, it is explicitly said that the power of Frostmourne "scars the spirit" and the very first mission of the Undead campaign states that the blade took his soul.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post

Turalyon is a total zealot and massive shill for the Light, he could probably join the Scarlet Crusade.
    Duhh please don't spread misinformation. You probably should read the story to know more about him. His devotion to the Light is unquestionable, but never has he become a fanatic. Just look at his wife, he loves her and trusts her more than the Light itself.
    Alleria Windrunner's BIGGEST fanboy. Will defend her no matter what!