10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Depends on the creator really. There certainly are those that just create meme content but a lot of them just collect information that's available from a lot of different sources and report on them. It's not entirely different from watching the news.
    Most people don't scan the Internet for all that information, they just want a single source where they can get all their news. If it's a personality they also like then that's great.
    Guess that makes sense.
    I prefer to gather data in written form, since it is often much faster and more efficient for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Honestly, Tataru dealing with miqo'te... Mistresses could honestly help the Scions balance their economy
    I wouldn't put it past her either. Mission always comes first, morals can wait.
    Though I loved how afraid Alphi was of her, when he derped on the finances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    This.

2.x, Alphinaud was an insufferable brat. I never really dealt with Alisae much since I didn't do the Coils of Bahamut raid series
    3.x and onward, Alphinaud became a much better character after he reached his lowest point and realized how much an ass he was.

Alisae however, I seem to enjoy being in her company more than Alphinaud. But yeah, if you are in Shadowbringers content and still do not like the twins, you probably never will.
    Fair enough. I also didnt do Coils of Bahamut so maybe my opinion on her would change. Maybe Alphinaud will be better once he becomes a Newtype...err i mean Sage in the next expansion.

I like most of the other Scions (even if Thancred is a bit one dimensional). Y'shtola and Urianger (Shadowbringer version) being some of my favorites, and Tataru being my favorite. I just like her frustration with the rest of the Scions at times.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    To counterbalance Alphinaud buying Gosetsu's sword. XD

I really liked that detail. This is exactly what a sheltered rich twerp would do. Absolutely no sense of finances cause he never had to care.
    I always found it weird how the Scions never ran out of money.

In ARR we find out that the Scions are being financed by Alphinaud's family's money. We don't hear of any other forms of financing. Also in the ARR patches, Papalymo tells Yda to return "gifts" because he didn't want the Scions to become compromised by bribes, so this implies that the Leveilleur family is the only known backer of the Scions. The Leveilleur's maybe rich but no one has infinite money. The Crystal Braves all needed to be clothed and outfitted, the properties of the Waking Sands and the Rising Stones had to be bought. And then Gosetsu's sword apparently broke the bank? How could the Scions continue to operate then? How could they afford the airship acquired in Shadowbringers? (yes Tataru built it but you still need to buy the materials and the Ironworks engines, and plus the two Manacutters had to be bought from the Ironworks).

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Does Alphinaud ever becoming likeable?
    I feel like I'm the only person who never thought Alphinaud was unlikeable. Well, I guess I didn't like him during the level 15 quests when you're going around to each city state hearing the leader's deliver the 5 year Cartenneau anniversary speech and he walks in and is all cynical, but other than that I liked him.

Im playing through 5.1
    At that point I don't think anything can change your mind on him.

crying out loud I am at 5.1 and all he does is self-doubt and pose as a righteous hero when he rarely does anything.
    I do agree that seeing him undergo the "I don't think I can do this" lack of self confidence arc A THIRD BLOODY TIME is rather aggravating.

I like most of the other Scions (even if Thancred is a bit one dimensional). Y'shtola and Urianger (Shadowbringer version) being some of my favorites, and Tataru being my favorite. I just like her frustration with the rest of the Scions at times.
    Prior to Shadowbringers, the only Scions I liked were the twins and Papalymo. I liked Coultenant and Hoary Boulder more than Y'shtola or Thancred or Urianger. Then ShB made them likeable, but they're still not my favorites.

Fair enough. I also didnt do Coils of Bahamut so maybe my opinion on her would change. Maybe Alphinaud will be better once he becomes a Newtype...err i mean Sage in the next expansion.

Shadowbringers is these characters at their best if you don't like them by now I can't imagine that changing without them turning into completely different characters.

5+ Year Old Account
    Does Alphinaud ever becoming likeable? Im playing through 5.1 for the first now, and him and his sister are my most unlikable characters in the game. I know we are supposed to watch them grow but for crying out loud I am at 5.1 and all he does is self-doubt and pose as a righteous hero when he rarely does anything. His sister is just a boring edgier version (albeit 4th grade emo edgy) of the brother and I still don't have a single memorable line from her.
    As others said, if you don't find them likeable now, you will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I always found it weird how the Scions never ran out of money.

In ARR we find out that the Scions are being financed by Alphinaud's family's money. We don't hear of any other forms of financing. Also in the ARR patches, Papalymo tells Yda to return "gifts" because he didn't want the Scions to become compromised by bribes, so this implies that the Leveilleur family is the only known backer of the Scions. The Leveilleur's maybe rich but no one has infinite money. The Crystal Braves all needed to be clothed and outfitted, the properties of the Waking Sands and the Rising Stones had to be bought. And then Gosetsu's sword apparently broke the bank? How could the Scions continue to operate then? How could they afford the airship acquired in Shadowbringers? (yes Tataru built it but you still need to buy the materials and the Ironworks engines, and plus the two Manacutters had to be bought from the Ironworks).
    Alphainaud has a lot of money and Tataru knows how to manage it. It's that simple. The sword affair was one huge eff up, but the Four Lords story helped with that.

I always figured Tataru was investing the money and keeping it rolling to keep the Scions afloat. She might not spend much time in the field, but she seems like the most irreplaceable.

Probably late to the party but: Wow those are some aweful looking relics this time. I really regret having bothered with Bozja for this long...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Bozja content itself was fantastic. Castrum, Delibrum, and Dalraida were all quite fun, the Critical Engagements were also fun, and I enjoyed the story. It honestly exceeded any of the open world content that WoW has done in a very long time.

But yes, the final stage of the relics look like ass. Some of the 2nd stages look really good though.

Boy i'll say one thing for this relic questline, its the first time i've bought everything from the moogle tomestone vendor in gridania without even trying.

I was particularly grateful for the two emotes. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I think the Bozja content itself was fantastic. Castrum, Delibrum, and Dalraida were all quite fun, the Critical Engagements were also fun, and I enjoyed the story. It honestly exceeded any of the open world content that WoW has done in a very long time.
    The content was good. Too much repitition for me but overall quite good. I still hope they will never do something similar to Lost Actions again. Just give me a premade group. I will gladly wait in the queue. Had far too many runs where nobody used a potion and the group was either 6 healers or 6 tanks.

And get rid of the collections. I don't play games so I can read the story. Show me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    The content was good. Too much repitition for me but overall quite good. I still hope they will never do something similar to Lost Actions again. Just give me a premade group. I will gladly wait in the queue. Had far too many runs where nobody used a potion and the group was either 6 healers or 6 tanks.

And get rid of the collections. I don't play games so I can read the story. Show me.
    Yeah I think those are fair criticisms. Fragment farming is ass.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Boy i'll say one thing for this relic questline, its the first time i've bought everything from the moogle tomestone vendor in gridania without even trying.
    Yeah, due to the relic, it's basically "buy everything and buy a few emotes/hairstyles to sell later". I ain't even done with mine yet

I have some question regarding the tales of adventure: a realm reborn, i already know i get to skip all the way to the quest to go to ishgard, but what about the dungeons i unlock along the way? do those also get unlocked? so far im hooked onto the game and i'll probably stay here, but im in no way doing the ARR MSQ again lulz (Heavensward MSQ its OP though, much fun, very wow) so my intention its to buy the ARR skip and level to 50 just by doing dungeons, fates and quest

Edit: INB4 you can have all jobs in 1 char, i know that, but i like variety, currently a human its my magic caster main (human potential FTW!) the strong woman will be my str user and a degenerate rabbit will be my dex user
    Last edited by Leyre; 2021-06-10 at 09:42 PM.

>Log in
    >See I have to do more Bozja to finish relic
    >Log out
    >Continue the cycle

Boy rewatching the cutscenes from the latest patch gives me a bad feeling that The twins asking how their mother is doing is going to set up her being used to make Anima who gets used like Bahamut as a battery for Sharlayans doomsday bunker

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Boy rewatching the cutscenes from the latest patch gives me a bad feeling that The twins asking how their mother is doing is going to set up her being used to make Anima who gets used like Bahamut as a battery for Sharlayans doomsday bunker
    I felt that it was just a natural, customary greeting. I expect her to be a very, very minor character in Endwalker, if at all. When we try to sneak into Sharlayan, we will probably get to stop by the house and get a brief glimpse at her before moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I felt that it was just a natural, customary greeting. I expect her to be a very, very minor character in Endwalker, if at all. When we try to sneak into Sharlayan, we will probably get to stop by the house and get a brief glimpse at her before moving on.
    If she has an over the shoulder side ponytail we are going full "anime mom disease" and it will be some FMA tier shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I have some question regarding the tales of adventure: a realm reborn, i already know i get to skip all the way to the quest to go to ishgard, but what about the dungeons i unlock along the way? do those also get unlocked? so far im hooked onto the game and i'll probably stay here, but im in no way doing the ARR MSQ again lulz (Heavensward MSQ its OP though, much fun, very wow) so my intention its to buy the ARR skip and level to 50 just by doing dungeons, fates and quest

Edit: INB4 you can have all jobs in 1 char, i know that, but i like variety, currently a human its my magic caster main (human potential FTW!) the strong woman will be my str user and a degenerate rabbit will be my dex user
    I asked the same question a few pages back in an edit to one of my posts, and no one answered. So I bit the bullet, and tested it myself on an alt that I was leveling at the time.

It unlocks all the dungeons and raids from ARR afaik, even gives you some things you'd get from the MSQs as if you had done them normally, things like the Magitek Armor mount and the Midgardsormr minion. Though I am kinda sad that I didn't get the free fantasia you'd otherwise get from completing the MSQ normally, but I guess they'd would not want you to get that for the low cost you'd pay for the skip.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I asked the same question a few pages back in an edit to one of my posts, and no one answered. So I bit the bullet, and tested it myself on an alt that I was leveling at the time.

It unlocks all the dungeons and raids from ARR afaik, even gives you some things you'd get from the MSQs as if you had done them normally, things like the Magitek Armor mount and the Midgardsormr minion. Though I am kinda sad that I didn't get the free fantasia you'd otherwise get from completing the MSQ normally, but I guess they'd would not want you to get that for the low cost you'd pay for the skip.
    Ah, thats great, thanks for the info <3

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, i just started my relic weapon chain and 2 questions come to mind

1) Is it similar to Legion Artifacts in the sense that once i get it nothing else will replace it?

2) Got a quest that requieres a goldsmith to do some stuff to a scepter, are there going to be more quest like that in the future?

ty n.n