Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What Is Activision Blizzard Going to Do With $9 Billion in Cash?

An interesting bit of news about our favorite gaming company. Thought I'd share it with you.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/...-billion-cash/

This is where I think a large portion of it will go:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/...n-blizzard-q1/

Mobile investments

On the first-quarter conference call, management mentioned the company eventually wants to get all of its franchises into mobile formats in some form. They've already moving in this direction with the Call of Duty Mobile and Diablo Immortal titles, but they plan to push these initiatives even further to capture more of the $77 billion mobile gaming market. Plus, with the King studio under its umbrella, Activision Blizzard can leverage the sustained success of Candy Crush for other games like World of Warcraft.

For example, King just debuted Crash Bandicoot: On The Run! on March 25. This relaunch of an old Activision franchise has racked up 30 million downloads already, so it looks to be resonating well with consumers. Mobile will likely be a big focus for the thousands of new developers who will be joining the company over the next few years, supporting the pursuit of its goal of reaching one billion MAUs.

WoW on mobile/console? Sounds like a good chance it will happen at some point.

Coke, hookers, big yacht, invest in Khadgarcoin... and waste the rest.
    Last edited by Falkeshall; 2021-06-11 at 10:46 AM.

Buy a ownership piece in EA, combine EA, Blizzard, and Activision. Then Lootboxes will come to WoW. Want that Mythic gear? Lootbox that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    Coke, hookers, big yacht, invest in Khadgarcoin... and waste the rest.
    Also tax evasion.

Maybe they could hire some talented story writers? Nah im stupid that will never happened

10+ Year Old Account
    That 9 billion probably moves up and down a lot.
    They have expenses too. If all income seizes, that 9bil will could be gone pretty fast. It's not just sitting there being pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    fire 10% of staff because they can't afford to pay their salaries while giving Kodick a bonus 7.9 billion of course (the 0.1 rest is his salary duh)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    I love the "thousands of new developers" comment, comedy gold right there.

THOUSANDS!

prob looking at another acquisition, with some of it going towards mobile dev hiring and game development.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Stock buy backs and dividends. Same s*** another day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trigger people on a forum.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    Maybe they could hire some talented story writers? Nah im stupid that will never happened
    At this point, there isn’t a writer in the history of mankind who could salvage the current WoW story. You’d have to go back several expansions and just pretend nothing after legion happened the story is just so bananas bad

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I love the "thousands of new developers" comment, comedy gold right there.

THOUSANDS!
    Well 2000 are thousands of new developer... ACtivisonBlizzard is very big. King is also in this conglomerate. Not that unrealistic tbh.
    Espacially in the mobile market which is allready bigger and more profitable than PC and console combined. And has lower developemtn cost with waaaaaaaay higher return of investment. From a developer standpoint it is a no brainer. Every big game developer will switch over to mobile in the long run. For them the PC and console market is soon not really needed anymore. Sadly. Stupid MTX people are stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Well 2000 are thousands of new developer... ACtivisonBlizzard is very big. King is also in this conglomerate. Not that unrealistic tbh.
    Espacially in the mobile market which is allready bigger and more profitable than PC and console combined. And has lower developemtn cost with waaaaaaaay higher return of investment. From a developer standpoint it is a no brainer. Every big game developer will switch over to mobile in the long run. For them the PC and console market is soon not really needed anymore. Sadly. Stupid MTX people are stupid.
    Yeah, the same was said about the browser gaming market back in the late 90s early 00s.

But lets get back to the joke: Thousands man, thousands!!!

Fucking laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of that news is really not at all the interesting to gamers, especially gamers here.

You don't need to really look at reports like that to know that the company like all big companies follow trends and do not make trends so do not expect products that will bring something new and also the focus on mobile games will continue to grow at the cost of alienating their older and perhaps now former core base.

I do not believe that mobile games will kill other formats, mobile games are games of a different nature and if big companies are less interested we have had successful kickstarter projects that revived genre's that were deemed written off like the RPGs series Divinity did. So long there is a demand for it people will make games for it, it has gotten easier to do projects without a publisher hanging over you.

Developers that they are hiring is a very broad term most likely what will also go for people making websites to name something random, they also have made that claim before while also gutting their QA and testing departments what is visible in their products, is also not that just because you hire a large amount of people you will get a good game or product in general. The company lacks vision and direction and only as stated previously is doing more of the same and following trends.

Diablo 4 looks interesting but no way in hell i am pre-ordering anything from them.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    10 or so execs are going to go on vacation, buy a new home and car, put some away for investment or saving. You know, something light and not too out of the ordinary.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Stock Buy-backs and executive bonuses of course! What else do you think they would do with it? Invest in their employees or company? Hah! Daddy Kotick needs another Yacht!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    100% They are not going to invest it in improving wow or making World of warcraft 2 with super graphics and super story.

100% they will not haste diablo 4 with it

100% they add more gays in Overwatch so they get support from many organizations and websites to say the game " 360 changed "

100% they will not make starcraft 3 anytime soon

100% wow is not getting faster patches

100% they will use those billions to fire even more employee.

boBbY KoTiCK YAcHt!

Am I being original and clever??

They'll do what any other company does, I'd suspect. I don't need them to pour even a fraction of it into WoW for the game to improve to a point where I can stomach playing it again.