Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Anything that is made to avoid reducing or paying taxes outright.

According to this definition, giving to a charity can be classified as a tax shelter.

Now tell me how a stock value increase without selling said stock is income and should be taxed as income before selling said stock?

EDIT: Well, putting pretax money in a 401k is considered a tax shelter too.
    Us: Its wrong that the ultra wealthy can use tax shelters and loopholes to pay less income tax.
    You: We can't expect them to pay income tax on the things they're using as tax shelters.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    And in my opinion you are wrong.

You can cling unto your little bit of lost hope though, if you so desire, if it makes you sleep better at night.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
    Zero content in that post. You make up shit and then argue against it as if anyone in this thread argued that but yourself. That's not how this works. Cut that shit out.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Us: Its wrong that the ultra wealthy can use tax shelters and loopholes to pay less income tax.
    You: We can't expect them to pay income tax on the things they're using as tax shelters.
    Dude, you cannot even point to what you are talking about.

That's the problem.

The "tax shelter" you are talking about, is people being able to take out loans on their assets.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-06-11 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Dude, you cannot even point to what you are talking about.

That's the problem.

The "tax shelter" you are talking about, is people being able to take out loans on their assets.
    Shhhhhh. The adults are talking.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Shhhhhh. The adults are talking.
    Dude, you don't even know what capital gains, income, and a salary is.

On top of that, you keep getting caught lying.

What are capital gains?

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Anything that is made to avoid reducing or paying taxes outright.
    https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...ax-man-at-bay/
    "With a big enough spread between the actual performance and the IRS rate, a Jackie O. trust can save so much tax that it leaves a family richer than if it hadn’t given a dime to charity."

I'm sure anyone can do this! Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...ax-man-at-bay/
    "With a big enough spread between the actual performance and the IRS rate, a Jackie O. trust can save so much tax that it leaves a family richer than if it hadn’t given a dime to charity."

I'm sure anyone can do this! Yep.
    Paywalled.

Dude, you don't even know what capital gains, income, and a salary is.

On top of that, you keep getting caught lying.

What are capital gains?
    Which billionaire's poster gets the special spot on the ceiling over your bed? I bet it's Bezos.

Which billionaire's poster gets the special spot on the ceiling over your bed? I bet it's Bezos.
    You mean the guy you lied about, and said he gets paid in stocks as part of his salary? Yeah, I think this means you have nothing left to argue about.

Do you want me to dredge up that lie, again? I have the evidence. What are capital gains?

Paywalled.
    I read the whole thing for free. Use your bootstraps.

I read the whole thing for free. Use your bootstraps.
    Good for you, paywalled.

Good for you, paywalled.
    Get rich, boy!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

You mean the guy you lied about, and said he gets paid in stocks as part of his salary? Yeah, I think this means you have nothing left to argue about.

Do you want me to dredge up that lie, again? I have the evidence. What are capital gains?
    That's NOT a denial.

Good for you, paywalled.
    A smarter person would've just did this:
    https://www.google.com/search?client...y+tax+shelters

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Get rich, boy!
    Or, I can simply dismiss it.

- - - Updated - - -

That's NOT a denial.
    Well, considering you have been caught lying so many times, I figured a denial was entirely unnecessary.

Very well, I deny your blatant lie... just like all your other lies you've posted in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

A smarter person would've just did this:
    https://www.google.com/search?client...y+tax+shelters
    And link a paywalled article.

What exactly in that article would you like to discuss?

After all, you guys have been bitching that home-equity loans are tax free.

Well, considering you have been caught lying so many times, I figured a denial was entirely unnecessary.

Very well, I deny your blatant lie... just like all your other lies in this thread.
    What blatant lie are you denying, the Bezos poster above your bed? I didn't state it as fact. Is it because its not Bezos or it is Bezos but its not over bed?

What blatant lie are you denying, the Bezos poster above your bed? I didn't state it as fact. Is it because its not Bezos or it is Bezos but its not over bed?
    The one you just made, the one you said wasn't a denial.

You ever find out how many stocks they paid Jeff Bezos in his salary?

I mean, I love that you have resorted to outright shitposting, because your attempts to argue the issues failed so miserably. That's what happens when your entire argument is based on a lie. Once your initial lie was pointed out, nothing else you said made any sense at all.

Now, the real question is, why did you choose to lie? Did you think you wouldn't be caught?

And link a paywalled article.

What exactly in that article would you like to discuss?

After all, you guys have been bitching that home-equity loans are tax free.
    One of the advantages of having a decent memory is that sometimes you recall something you read years ago and you remember key details like "Walton Family Tax Shelter". You then go to Google and then get a tonne of stuff so you can get specifics. I linked the first article at the top of the search which was free. You're more than welcome to do the same search. If you like you can add "Jackie O. Trust" for additional detail.

And more to the point, it was for everyone else. You'll probably think that the Trusts are a great idea that anyone can use especially after you've started your own multi-billion dollar company.

One of the advantages of having a decent memory is that sometimes you recall something you read years ago and you remember key details like "Walton Family Tax Shelter". You then go to Google and then get a tonne of stuff so you can get specifics. I linked the first article at the top of the search which was free. You're more than welcome to do the same search. If you like you can add "Jackie O. Trust" for additional detail.

And more to the point, it was for everyone else. You'll probably think that the Trusts are a great idea that anyone can use especially after you've started your own multi-billion dollar company.
    So, exactly what do you want to discuss?

It wasn't free for me, I'm getting a paywall.

So, you're a Brit? I had no idea.

Looking at that, closing the "loophole" would generate $2 billion a year in tax revenue, not from the Waltons, for literally the entire country. Is this the massive tax you're talking about?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-06-11 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    He's not a libertarian, he's a conservative.
    How exactly am I not a libertarian?