Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The one you just made, the one you said wasn't a denial.

You ever find out how many stocks they paid Jeff Bezos in his salary?

I mean, I love that you have resorted to outright shitposting, because your attempts to argue the issues failed so miserably. That's what happens when your entire argument is based on a lie. Once your initial lie was pointed out, nothing else you said made any sense at all.

Now, the real question is, why did you choose to lie? Did you think you wouldn't be caught?
    Your post wasn't a denial that you had a Bezos poster over your bed. That wasn't a lie because you didn't deny it. In fact, you haven't denied it yet. Now again, I'm not saying you do, I'm saying I bet you do. So I'm not lying and so far, since you haven't denied it, I think I'm winning the bet.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

So, exactly what do you want to discuss?
    I was just providing an example to another post of how the Walton family evaded Estate and Gift taxes. There's some shadiness regarding Income and Capitol gains taxes as well.

The only plus side to this is that Walmart does pay a lot of Corporate Tax. Its hard to avoid but its balanced against how they try to engage in a lot of Property Tax evasion and are one of America's most egregious committers of Wage Theft. This wage theft does require their employees to use government services they shouldn't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Your post wasn't a denial that you had a Bezos poster over your bed. That wasn't a lie because you didn't deny it. In fact, you haven't denied it yet. Now again, I'm not saying you do, I'm saying I bet you do. So I'm not lying and so far, since you haven't denied it, I think I'm winning the bet.
    I literally denied it. Here, I'm denying it again.

Well, since you bet, you lose that bet. Now, you can pay me.

So, why did you lie so many times in this thread? Any failure to answer that question will be taken as an admission you simply don't know what oyu're talking about, so you decided to lie your way through it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    He's not a libertarian, he's a conservative.
    No difference.
    Have you heard Rand Paul talk? It's identical to most GOPers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I was just providing an example to another post of how the Walton family evaded Estate and Gift taxes. There's some shadiness regarding Income and Capitol gains taxes as well.

The only plus side to this is that Walmart does pay a lot of Corporate Tax. Its hard to avoid but its balanced against how they try to engage in a lot of Property Tax evasion and are one of America's most egregious committers of Wage Theft. This wage theft does require their employees to use government services they shouldn't need.
    Everything they did was not only legal, it was literally opening up a museum.

As for the "shadiness" over income and capital gains, that shit was thumped down so many times, it's almost criminal to keep slapping you with that.

That's the problem when people don't know what capital gains, and income even are.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No difference.
    Have you heard Rand Paul talk? It's identical to most GOPers.
    a libertarian, a pedophile and a fascist walk into a bar, the bartender says 'what can i get you to drink sir'.

I read the whole thing for free. Use your bootstraps.
    Hmm..

“We shouldn’t have a situation where gimmicks allow rich people to avoid estate taxation,” Gates’ father, William Gates Sr., said in an interview. “A value in our lives is having children who make their own way to some extent.”

------

Always heard the late patriarch would have been ashamed at how his wealth is being used today.

-------
    Estate and gift taxes raised about $14 billion last year. That’s about 1 percent of the $1.2 trillion passed down in America each year, mostly by the very rich, former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers estimated in a December blog post. “Our estate tax system is broken,” he wrote.

Everything they did was not only legal, it was literally opening up a museum.

As for the "shadiness" over income and capital gains, that shit was thumped down so many times, it's almost criminal to keep slapping you with that.

That's the problem when people don't know what capital gains, and income even are.
    Their museums only exist because its a convenient way to grow their fortune without paying any form of tax on it.

Its only legal because the wealthy want it to be legal. This is something they can do that the rest of us can't. The Sackler family in part caused the opoid epidemic. Legally. That doesn't mean it was a moral idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmm..

“We shouldn’t have a situation where gimmicks allow rich people to avoid estate taxation,” Gates’ father, William Gates Sr., said in an interview. “A value in our lives is having children who make their own way to some extent.”

------

Always heard the late patriarch would have been ashamed at how his wealth is being used today.

-------
    Estate and gift taxes raised about $14 billion last year. That’s about 1 percent of the $1.2 trillion passed down in America each year, mostly by the very rich, former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers estimated in a December blog post. “Our estate tax system is broken,” he wrote.
    You mean the same Bill Gates who has already said he will be donating almost all of it to charity when he dies?

https://www.newsweek.com/bill-melind...ortune-1588431

https://www.ibtimes.com/heres-why-bi...ortune-3145670

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...eritance-split

So, how's that crow taste?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Libertarians are conservative, or at least they lean that way.

How am I not a libertarian?

- - - Updated - - -

Their museums only exist because its a convenient way to grow their fortune without paying any form of tax on it.

Its only legal because the wealthy want it to be legal. This is something they can do that the rest of us can't. The Sackler family in part caused the opoid epidemic. Legally. That doesn't mean it was a moral idea.
    It's legal for you, as well.

You're outraged over a possible $2 billion a year, spread out across literally the entire country.

Man, imagine how angry you'd be at the trillion-dollar deficits...

Man, imagine how angry you'd be at the trillion-dollar deficits...
    And yet you're not angry at people who evade taxes.

And yet you're not angry at people who evade taxes.
    I'm not angry at people being able to keep more of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You’re not a Libertarian according to every other Libertarian. All of whom also believe none of the other Libertarians are Libertarians. Also, you want taxes and police, etc. sorry, number 1 for being a libertarian is non-aggression and both of those are highly aggressive.
    Does that mean you're saying the other poster is a libertarian?

Interesting claim.

I'm not angry at people being able to keep more of their money.
    Was pretty obvious that your moral compass is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Was pretty obvious that your moral compass is broken.
    Yeah, supporting liberty is terrible...

Meanwhile, you've supported abuses by police officers more times than I can count.

So, being insulted by fascists doesn't really hurt my feelers.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, I was answering your question. Having trouble keeping up? In no way did I even imply the other poster is a Libertarian.
    Well, your argument is based on other libertarians saying it... and he said it. So, unless he's a libertarian, then that's not a good argument.

Nope, he recognized other people saying it and pointed it out. At the same time pointing out you consider yourself a conservative who is more conservative than the GOP. Which is sad since it basically means you hate social progress.
    Great, then I look forward to his evidence.

As for supporting social progress, I wanted gay marriage legalized long before almost anyone. The same goes for drugs, prostitution, and anything else that doesn't harm others.

Look at me.

Now, would you like to stop derailing, and actually discuss the topic?

I'm glad the progressives keep failing to push their authoritarian attempts at punishing the wealthy.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-06-11 at 01:59 PM.

You’re not a Libertarian according to every other Libertarian. All of whom also believe none of the other Libertarians are Libertarians. Also, you want taxes and police, etc. sorry, number 1 for being a libertarian is non-aggression and both of those are highly aggressive.
    To be fair, I've never met a libertarian that didn't hate other libertarians.
    And the sort of libertarians that gets that special virulent hatred; the successful ones...and turncoats.

Which is sad since it basically means you hate social progress.
    How can he not? The growing wealth gap is the biggest problem that defeats any libertarian beliefs.

The evidence is that you call yourself a libertarian. Keep up.
    According to you, I'm not a libertarian, because I call myself a libertarian.

Well, that settles everything.

You’re unaware of how libertarians disagree with literally every other libertarian they meet? Maybe you should pay more attention to your political group.
    Well, with that terrible logic, it's no wonder you guys don't have the capacity to discuss even basic economic issues like capital gains.

It’s not our logic, it’s Libertarian logic. Keep up. It’s no wonder you can’t debate this stuff, you don’t even understand how your “rigidly defined ideology” doesn’t allow for anyone else to be what you claim to be. Mostly because they’ll have minor differences in how they want to make the rich richer while hurting the poor as much as possible.
    Well, I'm not sure what liberals and progressives hope to gain by pushing lies and false narratives, in order to cover for their complete lack of comprehension into economic issues. I'm just glad that they stand no shot in hell in getting any of this implemented.