Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What lies and false narratives?
    About income, capital gains, tax rates, and no knowledge on what income, capital gains, wealth, and salaries even are.

It's well-documented in this thread.

Enjoy!!!

Got it, you don’t have shit. See, what I was asking for is an actual politician doing what you claim. Not randos on a forum. You hate progress so much, yet can’t even point to what you hate about it. Sadge. Good luck instituting a world where the wealthy control everything and religion is the arbiter of what’s moral in a society. I’ll keep pushing for equity and continued progress as reverting to worse times isn’t really what I’d like to see from society as a whole. Maybe you can invent a time machine and go live in 15th century England. They have everything you desire from a society.
    I have this entire thread, start here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Jesus fucking christ.

He did not. His actual salary includes stocks. that is the loophole you pretend doesn't exist.

I know how taxes are taken out of stocks. I am saying that should be changed for people in that bracket. And not because of hate o punishment but because it is fair, since they use more of government services than anyone and only people of their wealth can afford to dodge taxes by using stocks as a tax shelter. You can't do it. I can't do it. We would starve and we use less than they do.

Its wrong, it needs to be changed. So stop telling me how it is as justification. I know how it is and it should changed.
    Man, what a terrible and shitty lie.

You didn't ask about politicians, you asked who was pushing the bullshit narratives and lies... and the answer is, you guys!!! You just want to move goalposts, because you find yourself among liars and scoundrels.

God damn, I love providing evidence for my claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    You can absolutely deduct the expenses you incurred to get the income.
    You can.

But there is a massive difference between "you can deduct expenses mandatory for your job, that your job makes you pay for" vs "CEOs get paid in stock and properties so they don't pay taxes".

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You can.

But there is a massive difference between "you can deduct expenses mandatory for your job, that your job makes you pay for" vs "CEOs get paid in stock and properties so they don't pay taxes".
    CEOs like who, exactly?

We've already seen that's not the case with Bezos, and the accusations of the same against Cuban were never backed up. So, which CEOs?

And yes, they do pay taxes, when the stocks are sold, just like with you and I.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Or, I can simply dismiss it.
    You really can't. Not if it's cited.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You really can't. Not if it's cited.
    Luckily, I already addressed it!!!

It even says, $2 billion across the entire nation. That's how much they save by opening up the trusts and museums.

Meanwhile, you want to take 99.4% of some dude's wealth.

Luckily, I already addressed it!!!

It even says, $2 billion across the entire nation. That's how much they save by opening up the trusts and museums.

Meanwhile, you want to take 99.4% of some dude's wealth.
    Yep, which equals 98 billion. I think my deal is better.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yep, which equals 98 billion. I think my deal is better.
    Yeah, because you're an authoritarian who hates the wealthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Yeah, because you're an authoritarian who hates the wealthy.
    More people should tbh

And you’re an authoritarian who hates the poor.
    Nah, I'm not trying to use the government to punish them.

That's your thing.

It's rather sad how many of you guys got caught lying, and pushing false narratives to further that authoritarian agenda.

That's your thing.

It's rather sad how many of you guys got caught lying, and pushing false narratives to further that authoritarian agenda.
    paying taxes is not punishment or authoritarian you mad hatter

Yes you are. By handing total control over to the wealthy the poor will inevitably suffer. Sorry you don’t see it as such, but that’s reality. Too bad your authoritarian corporatist policies are on full display or you’d get away your lies.
    Nah, that's your straw man.

No thanks. I'm not the one trying to figure out as many ways as possible to use the government to bilk people out of their own money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    paying taxes is not punishment or authoritarian you mad hatter
    Great, so you'd have no problem if the government taxed your salary at 100%.

After all, it's not punishment, or authoritarian.

Great, so you'd have no problem if the government taxed your salary at 100%.

After all, it's not punishment, or authoritarian.
    this is just outrageously a stupid thing to say, it still wouldn't be punishment or authoritarian, but it wouldn't make sense economically.

Like I said the growing wealth gap shows libertarian arguments for the insanity they have. Pushing for more tax cuts for the wealthy and cutting spending on programs that aid the poor will accelerate societal collapse.

10+ Year Old Account

That's your thing.

Nah, you just support total control from the big corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    this is just outrageously a stupid thing to say, it still wouldn't be punishment or authoritarian, but it wouldn't make sense economically.
    Once again, you said it's not authoritarian, and it's not punishment.

So much for your argument.

It’s not a strawman just because you have no way to refute the facts. Explain how Amazon owning the roads is better than government. Remember, appropriately funded infrastructure is about providing said infrastructure. Privately owned infrastructure is about profits. Do you honestly think you’d pay less in tolls than taxes to fund said roads? If you do then you are incredibly delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

He’s too dumb to understand that 100% taxes means no incentive to work at all. Meanwhile he thinks 30% taxes is some kind of punishment instead of contributing to the society you profit from.
    It's not my argument, it's the one you are making for me.

Feel free to light it on fire all you want.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Nah, you just support total control from the big corporations.
    As opposed to an authoritarian communist?

Yeah, I'll take capitalism, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

He repeated those claims and you didn’t refute his argument that it makes zero economic sense. So much for your “argument”.
    Then his argument is totally useless, and he should focus on economics.

Maybe he knows what capital gains are.

Once again, you said it's not authoritarian, and it's not punishment.

So much for your argument.
    no i said that it isnt. even at 100% its not its just economically suicide under capitalism and poor governance.

all wealth belongs to society not the individual as its society that creates the wealth not the individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    As opposed to an authoritarian communist?

Yeah, I'll take capitalism, thanks.
    Hey, as long as your honest.