Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Oh, Blizzo you cheeky monkies.
    Read the description.

Show your Pride in true Blizzard style. Showing the classic Blizzard logo in rainbow Pride colours there's nothing better to show your support this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I am always confused when people expect more then empty pandering for money from marketing... you don't really think they care do you?
    Course not. Blizzard talks about the rights and freedoms of people while they trade with a country that has 1.5 million Muslims in a concentration camp that are being ethnically cleansed via forced sterilization and other gross human rights violations.

Corporations just doing what they do if it means they can turn a profit. They ain't doing "good" for the sake of it...

If you want to buy go ahead if you like the product... just don't mind the slave workshops that produced it!

But for the love of God don't pretend Blizzard are being 'nice' about it.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-06-12 at 11:09 AM.

I mean, 3 is the minimum number to be called a collection. You certainly can't say that for 1 or 2.

So wait, why does this thread exist again?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they still had my size, I'd definitely get a shirt. It looks good.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I mean, 3 is the minimum number to be called a collection. You certainly can't say that for 1 or 2.

So wait, why does this thread exist again?
    Someone upset about corporations profiting off feelings, but also upset they didn't offer a pin they already owned? I think I dunno..

For a collection, it is quite dumb and low-effort. Pins and such might be better, and it's nice to support because IIRC it's labour of love from Blizzard's own LGBTQ+ employees (and the money went (partly?) to charities?), but receiving an email for such low-effort does kinda stink.

I think the 'corpos are cash grabbing' is a trite argument though, we know when it's rainbow capitalism, no need to worry. Still nice to own a Pride thing.

Support corpos that also support LGBTQ+ causes behind the scenes though!

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    When will companies stop pandering to Twitter lol
    Probably never, since they are easy to influence and predict their behaviour.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    Be 'happy' with what they are offering because honestly I could care less how or who you enjoy having sex with. I don't need it flaunted in my face with symbols. You don't see t-shirts that symbolize that I like cunnilingus from Blizzard, but should I be up in arms about it because I'm not being represented? No. It doesn't matter at the end of the day. And yes, it's still against the law in most states to have oral sex, look it up.

Also don't hit me up with what the symbol actually means or what it signifies. If you actually cared about it, you would put a picture of Stonewall Riots or something that actually signifies what took place. Maybe one of the rioters that helped in all of it. Nope, Nothing, Notta. Now it's a poor excuse to have a parade and fly the rainbow colors.
    The rainbow has been a symbol (publicly and privately) for the gay community for many many decades. There have been novels, such as The Rainbow by DH Lawrence from the start of the 1900's and The Rainbow Has Seven Colors by Nadia Legrand from the 1950's, that pre-date the Stonewall Riots and were about lesbian love affairs. The band Rainbow performed in several early pride events in the beginning of the 1970's. Then we have the whole "Friends of Dorothy" nickname gay men gave to themselves referencing gay icon Judy Garland's Dorothy Gale from Wizard of Oz and the Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Then you have White Panther Party (aka Rainbow People’s Party) who worked with the Rainbow Coalition dating back to the year after the Stonewall Riots. The rainbow itself is the symbol even if Gilbert Baker didn't design the rainbow flag until 1978 for SF Pride Parade. And just to inform you, the flag is not a symbol of the type of sexual activity one likes (like your liking cunnilingus as you stated above) but a symbol of a community to take pride in who they are. The flag represents gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, asexual, pan sexual, and both men & women & whatever other gender you identify as. Those who the flag is for are those "outcasts" from the cisgender hetero-normative majority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    For a collection, it is quite dumb and low-effort. Pins and such might be better, and it's nice to support because IIRC it's labour of love from Blizzard's own LGBTQ+ employees (and the money went (partly?) to charities?), but receiving an email for such low-effort does kinda stink.

I think the 'corpos are cash grabbing' is a trite argument though, we know when it's rainbow capitalism, no need to worry. Still nice to own a Pride thing.

Support corpos that also support LGBTQ+ causes behind the scenes though!
    That was the whole thing that irritated me the most was they went out of their way (and I'm assuming that somehow they know I'm gay hence the email about the pride collection that I doubt most Blizzard users weren't even sent lol) and it was just the three freakin things! I'm not really upset that the pin isn't included in their "pride collection" since it was supposed to be a limited sale for Blizzcon 2019 but they could have done SOMETHING else to be included with the three shirts. Give us stickers, those cheap ass circular button pins, key chain, mouse pad, who knows what else they could have added other than just three damn tops to call a "collection".

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Lol, I only realized this now. These companies don't care.
    Years ago I learned just how underhanded they can be with "activist" marketing ploys. Very often product runs for things like breast cancer, with the little pink ribbon logo, that say things like "profits from this helps support ______" In big text. What you don't see is the promotional fine print that says "up to a maximum of $200k." Meanwhile they rake in the sales of millions of dollars from people that think the profit from their purchase is still going to charity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm, wasn't the pin limited edition in the first place?
    It was and I'm glad I bought it because I wanted to have it for that very reason. I saw it as a nice way of bringing two communities I belong to together. The design was really good. Its basically the logo they put on the shirts & hoodie but in a rectangular metal pin. Picture below

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Someone upset about corporations profiting off feelings, but also upset they didn't offer a pin they already owned? I think I dunno..
    No I'm not upset they didn't offer a pin I already own. The pin I got was a limited time deal. It was one of the "nicer" quality pins you can buy. What I'm upset about is they didn't offer OTHER things including those cheap ass circular button pins or anything else. Hell tumblers, mouse pads, and stickers would have been an easy way to offer more things than just 2 shirts and a hoodie.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Unless the companies flag the Pride Flag in ALL countries where they operate, not just in countries where it's socially acceptable, they're just pandering for money.

Disgusting regardless of which company does it, really.
    You've pretty much described every company in existence from the mega Corp to the tiny cornershop. It's basic capitalism.

Still don't get why people are surprised by this. No business cares about anyone outside of how they can get all the money from you to them. Ea, Walmart, small seller on etsy. If they start looking into China, mid East or anywhere their morals go away for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I got curious, you can get one of theses from the shop Russia uses as well.

https://www2.blizzardgearstore.com/e...ID:i-r2c1:po-7
    https://eu.shop.battle.net/ru-ru

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard Doesn't run the Chinese store/game There's a Chinese company as a middle man.
    I admit, i'm surprised. Notice how it's called "rainbow graphic" and not "pride" though.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    That was the whole thing that irritated me the most was they went out of their way (and I'm assuming that somehow they know I'm gay hence the email about the pride collection that I doubt most Blizzard users weren't even sent lol) and it was just the three freakin things! I'm not really upset that the pin isn't included in their "pride collection" since it was supposed to be a limited sale for Blizzcon 2019 but they could have done SOMETHING else to be included with the three shirts. Give us stickers, those cheap ass circular button pins, key chain, mouse pad, who knows what else they could have added other than just three damn tops to call a "collection".
    Yeah, looking at the replies it's no wonder what the response was here, it's MMO-Champion after all.

I didn't get no such email though, wonder if it's because I'm in Eastern Europe.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man Corporations must absolutely love the Gays. Imagine just needing to throw a rainbow on something and selling it for 2000% profit just so woke idiots will try to pretend to care about something.

i definetely do not wanna see this name on my shirt. way too much shame for my taste.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they don't even have pride in their own games, why would they give a shit about gay people?

Quote Originally Posted by Bighud44 View Post
    There is a reason for that. Just like BMW and Mercedes Benz didn't put rainbow in their emblems on their Islamic country websites. Kinda makes you see that all they are doing is pandering to you.
    or maybe because its not legal to do it there?

7+ Year Old Account
    Shitty, shameful, low effort cash grab.

Formerly known as Arafal

Yes, I want my sexuality to be exploited by a bunch of money grabbing corporations and organizations. Nothing can go wrong with that, can it.

*only in the west, where it is "safe" already

65 dollars for a fucking hoodie? Christ.