5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Ah, thats great, thanks for the info <3

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, i just started my relic weapon chain and 2 questions come to mind

1) Is it similar to Legion Artifacts in the sense that once i get it nothing else will replace it?

ty n.n
    Well you have to upgrade it, but it will be pretty much a BiS I think. Maybe if you raid savage there will be a better one, but I think resistance weapons are really the best. One difference is that relic weapons don't get depowered. Well they don't have unique effects either, but still it is important to note that unlike Legion artifacts or the heart of azeroth, your relics will stay as strong as they are even if the new expansion comes up and you enter their zones. It will be outclassed for sure, but not immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Boy rewatching the cutscenes from the latest patch gives me a bad feeling that The twins asking how their mother is doing is going to set up her being used to make Anima who gets used like Bahamut as a battery for Sharlayans doomsday bunker
    Based on the penultimate cutscene with Zenos and Fandango and that roar, I have a fealing we already have Anima. It is the mysterious dreamer. We havent seen any Garlean princesses yet.

Ah, thats great, thanks for the info <3

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, i just started my relic weapon chain and 2 questions come to mind

1) Is it similar to Legion Artifacts in the sense that once i get it nothing else will replace it?

2) Got a quest that requieres a goldsmith to do some stuff to a scepter, are there going to be more quest like that in the future?

ty n.n
    1) Relic weapons are never BiS until the very end of their expansion but they are good weapons if you aren't raiding and all have unique looks with very glowy effects at the end. They're meant to be setting you work on throughout an entire expansion so expect a long grind ahead of you.

2) Quests that require a crafter are rare if I recall correctly but there will be different grinds and quests you have to complete depending upon which relic you are working on.

How long do we expect Asmongold to play FF14 for? Pseudo poll time.

Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    Asmongold has repeatedly said that he thinks FFXIV sounds cool and wishes well to the people who are enjoying it, but he just doesn't like the anime aesthetic. He also just isn't into story heavy games, and that is what FFXIV is: you have to go through 300+ hours of story before you can reach "endgame", which is what Asmongold cares about. Asmongold is only giving into the immense pressure of obnoxious FF14 cultists. He will play for a few hours, and then after getting fed up with the cutscenes he will go back to WoW, and the FF14 fandom will whine about him not giving the game a chance or being "toxic".

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Asmongold has repeatedly said that he thinks FFXIV sounds cool and wishes well to the people who are enjoying it, but he just doesn't like the anime aesthetic. He also just isn't into story heavy games, and that is what FFXIV is: you have to go through 300+ hours of story before you can reach "endgame", which is what Asmongold cares about. Asmongold is only giving into the immense pressure of obnoxious FF14 cultists. He will play for a few hours, and then after getting fed up with the cutscenes he will go back to WoW, and the FF14 fandom will whine about him not giving the game a chance or being "toxic".
    Id be really surprised if he gets to Heavensward. I think the former WoW player demographic of "validate my opinion" will be in a rude awakening when he spends a lot of time criticizing the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't expect him to get very far. But I'm glad he is trying it out at least. Dunno how long people need to play it for it to count as giving it a chance. But if even he thinks it is worth trying it, nobody has an excuse not to.

Never, his cancerous fanbase would murder him for it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well you have to upgrade it, but it will be pretty much a BiS I think. Maybe if you raid savage there will be a better one, but I think resistance weapons are really the best. One difference is that relic weapons don't get depowered. Well they don't have unique effects either, but still it is important to note that unlike Legion artifacts or the heart of azeroth, your relics will stay as strong as they are even if the new expansion comes up and you enter their zones. It will be outclassed for sure, but not immediately.
    Got it, guess i'll slowly work on mine then

Pd: Anyone has a goldsmith on Lamia? lul

Never, his cancerous fanbase would murder him for it
    He's already announced that he will try the game and stream it. Its only the matter of how far he gets and what happens.

He's already announced that he will try the game and stream it. Its only the matter of how far he gets and what happens.
    What will happen its that once he announces a server, he'll get a long ass queue lol

Edit: Ogh, i can already feel the cringe once he start making his character and he finds the boob sldier
    Last edited by Leyre; 2021-06-12 at 03:24 AM.

What will happen its that once he announces a server, he'll get a long ass queue lol

Edit: Ogh, i can already feel the cringe once he start making his character and he finds the boob sldier
    Oh god, here's hoping he goes to Primal.

I don't know how long he will last, since unlike Bellular, I doubt he's that much into the story. However, apparently quite a chunk of players from his classic raiding guild have switched over, so he would at least have people to guide him. He's probably going to play either Highlander or Roegadyn.

If he's going to stream it, I expect the cancer that is his chat to completely ruin the experience for him though, so I hope he will play it off stream, and play up to at least HW. After that, it remains to be seen if he likes the gameplay enough to get over the anime culture of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Oh god, here's hoping he goes to Primal.
    Yeah, keep Asmon's community off of crystal please.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I don't know how long he will last, since unlike Bellular, I doubt he's that much into the story. However, apparently quite a chunk of players from his classic raiding guild have switched over, so he would at least have people to guide him. He's probably going to play either Highlander or Roegadyn.

If he's going to stream it, I expect the cancer that is his chat to completely ruin the experience for him though, so I hope he will play it off stream, and play up to at least HW. After that, it remains to be seen if he likes the gameplay enough to get over the anime culture of the game.
    To be fair, I hope Bellular screws off as well. I saw that he made a video talking about raids in FF14 -- when he admitted to only playing to Level 18 in Gridania. On top of that, his co-host Matt has only done ShB and ARR raids.

Like...it just comes off as grifty.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I hope Bellular screws off as well. I saw that he made a video talking about raids in FF14 -- when he admitted to only playing to Level 18 in Gridania. On top of that, his co-host Matt has only done ShB and ARR raids.

I agree that Bellular seems a little too gung ho about it considering he's just started, but his cohost seems incredibly genuine. Also why can't he make a comparison after doing two of the raid series? That's half the raids in the entire game. That's an entirely fair amount to be able to judge the game's raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Nonsense? Hm... well I don't think any of them are super trashy.
    • Work to Game has 60k subscribers, uploads at least one video a day (mostly guides for new players, regurgitating info, etc), gets at least 1-2k views per average video. Sometimes their videos get upwards of 50k views. If you've been playing FFXIV for a year there is no reason to sub to him.
    • Meoni has 80k subscribers, uploads multiple videos a week regurgitating the smallest bit of news, be it a new store mount or a new screenshot being posted on a patch website, or something Yoshida off handedly said in an interview, or whatever. His average video gets between 5k and 20k views, gets 50k views more often than Work to Game. Stay subbed only if you just want a news feed of everything FFXIV so you don't miss anything.
    • Mr. Happy has 180k subscribers. He leans towards raid guides and hour long podcast discussions with other streamers (namely Ethys and SlyTheFox). Gets 5k views for his raid guilds and 10k to 20k for his other stuff like news and podcasts. Has a habit of dominating the conversation in the podcasts. Maybe sub if you're a raider.
    • Ethys is more into the lore of the game. I suppose he's a little bit like the Nobbel of FFXIV but doesn't put together as well produced videos. I guess maybe sub if you want to here a FFXIV lore nerd speculate about the game.
    • SlyTheFox is probably the most interesting guy to listen to out of all of them. Astute observations of stuff, and he's pretty honest. Doesn't hold his tongue or anything about how he feels, doesn't rage, etc. Wish he had a Youtube channel.
    • And ofcourse there is Zepla who has 160k subscribers. Is pleasant to listen to. I stay subbed to her because she doesn't clog up my subscriptions with useless videos and they're usually straight to the point, explain what the thing she is talking about is, and breaks down her feelings on it. If she has a video it's usually worthwhile.

On a related note, if you're really into story and game design, I'd recommend checking out the Lorerunner (Final Fantasy and Warcraft supernerd). He goes into detail about the people who made a game and the history behind its development and interviews. He has a let's play of Shadowbringers and the patch content up to 5.3 (he's saving 5.4 and 5.5 for when he does Endwalker) and his breakdowns are pretty insightful.
    I would add MTQcapture for strategies off raid, dungeons, etc. Very calm and informative.

5+ Year Old Account
    To be fair he didn't say he will stream it, did he? He said he will try it. He might play it off stream like Bellular. Bellular actually suggested him to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    To be fair he didn't say he will stream it, did he? He said he will try it. He might play it off stream like Bellular. Bellular actually suggested him to do just that.
    He said he would in a follow-up tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I agree that Bellular seems a little too gung ho about it considering he's just started, but his cohost seems incredibly genuine. Also why can't he make a comparison after doing two of the raid series? That's half the raids in the entire game. That's an entirely fair amount to be able to judge the game's raids.
    To me, Im not the biggest fan of the ShB raids. I think with how available the raids are to play (unlike WoW) -- you should have an experience in all of them for speaking on the matter. Specifically with things like the Ivalice saga, Omega, etc.

Its personal preference honestly. But Matt has more experience and I think he does add some insight. But the overall message is tainted when the main content creator is basically not even close to even sniffing a raid.

Sure, that might be. I don't feel anything towards Bellular, neither in a good nor bad way. I'm just saying that at least compared to Asmongold, Bellular is more into story and as such is more likely to enjoy FF14. My personal guess is that Asmongold won't like it enough to play it past the trial, though. And it's even questionable if he will last until HW.

Out of curiosity, how are the post-ARR quests after the rework? Are they still a giant slog? Because if so, then that would probably put a huge dent into his enthusiasm aswell.
    Last edited by Sangris; 2021-06-12 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

5+ Year Old Account
    He said he would in a follow-up tweet.

Ahh I didn't see that one. Thanks for the heads up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Sure, that might be. I don't feel anything towards Bellular, neither in a good nor bad way. I'm just saying that at least compared to Asmongold, Bellular is more into story and as such is more likely to enjoy FF14. My personal guess is that Asmongold won't like it enough to play it past the trial, though. And it's even questionable if he will last until HW.

Out of curiosity, how are the post-ARR quests after the rework? Are they still a giant slog? Because if so, then that would probably put a huge dent into his enthusiasm aswell.
    They are better. They removed a lot of the dumb shit like searching for ingredients for Minfilia's mom's perfume. Flying also makes it go smoother as well since you can get around more quickly.

Parts of it are still a little bit of a slog, but you can't really remove some of those bits because they become relevant later on.