Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I kinda like the idea of a constantly moving caravan if Blizz can program it. It could encourage open world exploration. However I do want to point out that no nomadic society is 100% nomadic in real life. The Quarian migrant fleet gets a pass because they can grow crops on the ships so they have the luxury of a sedentary lifestyle while on the move. But every real nomadic society had permanent settlements they used when the climate did not support nomadism.

If they really want to add a lot of content for the Vulpera they can do a seasonal event in which they occupy the Vulpera capital and provide services there. But if this much is provided for them, all other races will nead something extra.
    The Vulpera has been depicted as full nomadic, the only reason they made camps are as waystations.

And well, the traveling camp is just a dream but I can imagine them settling in Desolace or something.

Or one could have a husk of a market (taking a little from your idea) and during the weekends, the market is bustling with vendors, merchants, maybe profession-specific dailies/quests, and the likes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I kinda like the idea of a constantly moving caravan if Blizz can program it. It could encourage open world exploration. However I do want to point out that no nomadic society is 100% nomadic in real life. The Quarian migrant fleet gets a pass because they can grow crops on the ships so they have the luxury of a sedentary lifestyle while on the move. But every real nomadic society had permanent settlements they used when the climate did not support nomadism.

If they really want to add a lot of content for the Vulpera they can do a seasonal event in which they occupy the Vulpera capital and provide services there. But if this much is provided for them, all other races will nead something extra.
    Or maybe they settle begin to grow but keep getting driven away and having to relocate. Cos they are you know, foxes

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, to your list, Undermine is neutral, and not Horde. Bilgewater chose to not reside down there. They have Bilgewater Harbour (Technically, they have all of Azshara, and if not stopped, it'll all be converted to a city). As for Suramar, the Horde only has some of it, while the rest is still aligned neutral.

snip. Nice list though
    Its neutral, so is mechagone if you look at it like that. Goblins are still on the island. And if we say mechagon is fully alliance, then so should suramar.

and you also have floatig islands, camps etc on your list. we are talking about cities or towns that are almost cities/easy become cities. And where talking about cities they can live in right now. Or easy to reclaim. So mechagon falls of that list. Otherwise grim batol should be added to the list for the alliance. And lordearon for the horde. And some parts of shadowforge are off limits. So part of the city is open to the alliance.

and the lore about the city of gilneas is: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Gilneas_City#Aftermath

and:

By Battle for Azeroth, the kingdom appears to have been restored enough to the capacity that it requires Stromgarde to be taken by the Horde before they can assault it. In addition, several forces have seemingly already mobilized from Gilneas, such as the Bloodfang Pack, whom claim Fenris Isle again, and Darius Crowley, who leads an assault into Hillsbrad. On the other hand, King Rastakhan refers to Greymane as "an exile without a homeland" as an insult, implying that Gilneas is still mostly in ruins.
    so not clear if its fully livable again.

So i would say alliance is still a bit behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Those were never player keeps in WOW ever. In fact, you have the same number of cities now that you had when WoW first went live. You simply replaced Darnassus with Exodar and Undercity with Silvermoon City. So, no the Alliance is not running out of cities.
    keep in blasted land? And we are talking lore here. Both ingame and outside. And in wow and warcraft 1,2,3?

And you are moving the goalpost on this one. The cities in the lore we are behind. and why are you not counting the new cities?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Its neutral, so is mechagone if you look at it like that. Goblins are still on the island. And if we say mechagon is fully alliance, then so should suramar.
    Mechagon the city, is not neutral, the island, is neutral. That was the lore during the end of BFA, whether it sticks is different.
    As for Suramar, I sadly took mechanics too much on that, Suramar is fully Horde according to the lore but only has a section available safely.

As for Undermine, it is neutral due to the multiple cartels, another reason they wrote Bilgewater to be outside of the Undermine system. Within Undermine, there are cartels willing to kill Horde and Alliance, cartels will to trade with them too, and groups of forces to support peace, kicking anyone who starts bullshit. We do not know, nor can we guess how it is now that two prominent Goblins are missing from there, as Gallywix did not go there (Unless he fled there for future content), and Gazlowe is now Horde, and the Horde has no seat in Undermine.

and you also have floatig islands, camps etc on your list. we are talking about cities or towns that are almost cities/easy become cities. And where talking about cities they can live in right now. Or easy to reclaim. So mechagon falls of that list. Otherwise grim batol should be added to the list for the alliance. And lordearon for the horde. And some parts of shadowforge are off limits. So part of the city is open to the alliance.

and the lore about the city of gilneas is: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Gilneas_City#Aftermath

and:

so not clear if its fully livable again.

So i would say alliance is still a bit behind.
    The list contains what is their home as well, as you see, Telogrus Rift is not marked as a city, nor are the Darkspear islands. As for Shadowforge, I did add it was limited open, heck, some of it is wide open to both factions (without entering a dungeon). There is high doubt that the Void Elves will, at the moment, be permitted a city. Some members of the Alliance as well, are still wary about their connection.

As for Gilneas, we do not know much, other than according to the mission table lore, troops have already been around Gilneas, though the city is unknown.
    As for Gnomeregan, we know the upper levels lore-wise are safe but the lower levels are not safe still.
    As for Lordaeron, well, EPL and WPL are held by the Crusade, and the City is blighted, and won't be safe for a while.
    Mechagon lore-wise has been claimed, implement-wise, not yet.
    As for Grim Batol, that place has a stain, and the question is how much is permitted to do with that.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-06-12 at 03:47 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

snipped wall of nonsense

Sorry but bunch of irrelevant locations that are at best neutral levelling areas and at worst completely offscreen places full of nothing is not what constitutes real capitol in mmorpg game, especially when you have cities like Stormwind or Zuldazar to compare. This isn't a lore discussion so whatever you think about Gilneas being a capitol is literally irrelevant. In game worgen don't have capitol. Same for all the races I listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Sorry but bunch of irrelevant locations that are at best neutral levelling areas and at worst completely offscreen places full of nothing is not what constitutes real capitol in mmorpg game, especially when you have cities like Stormwind or Zuldazar to compare. This isn't a lore discussion so whatever you think about Gilneas being a capitol is literally irrelevant. In game worgen don't have capitol. Same for all the races I listed.
    Dude, the sheer fact of the title makes the thread, basically a lore discussion.

As for Gilneas City, your only argument is time, it is in lore, Alliance grounds now, and time will tell when it will be back as a city.

And furthermore, not all races need a capitol, nor should have, and not all capitols will be available without a zone update.

As for neutrality, from my list, there is what? Thunder Totem? Does not change the fact it is a capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    High elves have generated more interest and discussion than blood elves every time, the alliance won't leave it alone, and we have seen blizzard make concession is again and again. i know you tow are big blood elf fans, but any analysis of the actual wow population, not the horde biased majority hardcore playerbase that swarm the forums will quickly see the bigger untapped potential is in the alliance people that get excited over high elves and night elves, void elves etc.
    And it will get pointed out, ad nauseam because it is true, the the Blood Elves and the High Elves are the same race. It is a political distinction between to two groups with Sin'dorei being loyal to Silvermoon and the ones who refuse to adopt the Sin'dorei name betraying it as well as the memory of those who were slaughtered by Arthas. They even suffered from the effects of the Sunwell's destruction prior to the heart of M'uru reactivating it. Lor'themar even allows those traitors to visit since Quel'thalas is their home. The only ones not welcome are the Ren'dorei since their affinity with the Void is a direct threat to the Sunwell as we saw when Alleria visited.

keep in blasted land? And we are talking lore here. Both ingame and outside. And in wow and warcraft 1,2,3?

And you are moving the goalpost on this one. The cities in the lore we are behind. and why are you not counting the new cities?
    Not moving the goalposts at all. I am going by WoW since it went live. The number of cites has remained the same and they had added two cities before they got rid of 2. I have maintained this since my first post on the matter.

Mechagon the city, is not neutral, the island, is neutral. That was the lore during the end of BFA, whether it sticks is different.
    As for Suramar, I sadly took mechanics too much on that, Suramar is fully Horde according to the lore but only has a section available safely.

As for Undermine, it is neutral due to the multiple cartels, another reason they wrote Bilgewater to be outside of the Undermine system. Within Undermine, there are cartels willing to kill Horde and Alliance, cartels will to trade with them too, and groups of forces to support peace, kicking anyone who starts bullshit. We do not know, nor can we guess how it is now that two prominent Goblins are missing from there, as Gallywix did not go there (Unless he fled there for future content), and Gazlowe is now Horde, and the Horde has no seat in Undermine.

The list contains what is their home as well, as you see, Telogrus Rift is not marked as a city, nor are the Darkspear islands. As for Shadowforge, I did add it was limited open, heck, some of it is wide open to both factions (without entering a dungeon). There is high doubt that the Void Elves will, at the moment, be permitted a city. Some members of the Alliance as well, are still wary about their connection.

As for Gilneas, we do not know much, other than according to the mission table lore, troops have already been around Gilneas, though the city is unknown.
    As for Gnomeregan, we know the upper levels lore-wise are safe but the lower levels are not safe still.
    As for Lordaeron, well, EPL and WPL are held by the Crusade, and the City is blighted, and won't be safe for a while.
    Mechagon lore-wise has been claimed, implement-wise, not yet.
    As for Grim Batol, that place has a stain, and the question is how much is permitted to do with that.

yes, so we do not have gilneas or gnomeregan. But even if you add mechagon to the list. Alliance still comes up short.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not moving the goalposts at all. I am going by WoW since it went live. The number of cites has remained the same and they had added two cities before they got rid of 2. I have maintained this since my first post on the matter.
    You are moving goalposts. You are forgetting allied race cities that where added. Or goblin/worgen ones. You are leaving out facts. that is moving goalpost to suit your answer.

If you look at complete cities. You in lore and/or ingame can go to. that are not under attack/destroyed. The alliance has less cities. thats is the point i was making.

But back to the thread Topic:

Do i see them making a new one. The more i think about it. The less likely i see it happen. It needs to have a story around it. Lore wise malfurion has been hurt, druids etc died. So are there enough people to remake a world tree as fast /at all like last time. doubtful.

I admit if they're doubling down on Hyjal a treehouse in its boughs would be pretty neato.

But I'm not dismissing planting a new Teldrassil in the scorched remains of Tirisfal Glades so big it coats those dirty sun elves in shadow. One day...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    So:

1. Do you think this will actually happen? When? how?

2. What do you think it will look like?

3. Where do you think it will happen?

4. Why should it really happen?

My Answers:
    1. Yes it will happen - because you've moaned too much about it:
    a) It will happen when they do a world revamp
    b) It will happen using existing assets polished and repurposed

2. It will look like a cross between Suramar and Zin'Azshari in warbringers, and Nar'thalas in Azsuna. It will have Zin'Azshari colours and not Suramar colours. It would be surrounded by nature and have lots of gardens.

3. It will happen on Hyjal, the broken isles is gone to the horde - hyjal has both Nordrassil and the Well of Eternity, and the night elves are now sufficeintly weak and battered enough for these racial assets previously nuorishing the world to also now work to their restoration.

4. It should happen because people care about races, and because night elves are very popular, if one of your most popular races is decimated by you in your story, and you receive a lot of fan hate for it, you'd be stupid to leave it just like that.

I don't think senior devs particularly care for night elves, and of those that still work at blizzard now, it's hard to say, but a lot of love was put into Suramar, night elf lore, so there must be junior designers that love the essence.

The new night elf home will be incredible: It will boast of the best of all areas of the kaldorei.

• City structures and wonders would be attributed to the shen'dralar's great skill as the kaldorei empires main magic wonder workers and engineers /architects
    • Hyjal's natural beauty and deep forest lore of the wild gods will inform the state of nature as it is rebuilt. The city would likely be in the charred vale from the firelands incursions, but the rest of Hyjal would be beautiful forests, gardens leading up to the Well of Eternity and the World tree.
    • A new Cathedral of Elune would be the centre piece of the new city and likely be clean version of the ToS in the broken isles, with bourrowed assets
    • One day the barrowdnes and under mountain regions of Hyjal will open up, it is likely here the demon hunters will work together

We are likely never really going to go back to the Broken Isles for anything, it failed as a viable option when blizzard changed the Nightborne to horde. Allied races are very unlikely to get any real focus , Nightbonre are at a disadvantage uncoupled from the night elves - beacuse of their identity, it works better to be Silvermoon focused. But the future of the nightborne and blood elves depends on how heavy a role the alliance elves will have to play with Quel'thalas.
    all the information we have tells us that Nordrassil is the new capital there the night elves and their government moved.

the elves of the alliance have nothing to do with quelthalas.

The night elves got a pumpkin farm where they will be growing food for their human masters. Also the hot female NE will be working in Stormwind’s red light district.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

You are moving goalposts. You are forgetting allied race cities that where added. Or goblin/worgen ones. You are leaving out facts. that is moving goalpost to suit your answer.

If you look at complete cities. You in lore and/or ingame can go to. that are not under attack/destroyed. The alliance has less cities. thats is the point i was making.

But back to the thread Topic:

Do i see them making a new one. The more i think about it. The less likely i see it happen. It needs to have a story around it. Lore wise malfurion has been hurt, druids etc died. So are there enough people to remake a world tree as fast /at all like last time. doubtful.
    And so is the Thalassian elf disgust at the night elves, they are sitting on such power with the Well of Eternity.. what's their excuse this time for not using it? Legion is gone, they don't even have addiction issues now .. they need a city , they have both the arcane experts and nature experts that built the great cities of old.. and what do they do?

NOTHING !! - this is why Thalassians look down on Darnassians, they do nothing. They prefer aimless wandering around forests rather than properly lookign after themselves or guarding the legacy of the elven people. What a waste. Looks like they lost something in the sundering that never came back.

I would really love to see the Night Elves, Forsaken, Gnomes and Trolls to eventually be given proper homes. But if Gnomes and Trolls have gone this long without one, it is more than safe to say Night Elves and Trolls will never get a new, proper home.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz made 10.0 the finale of this era of Warcraft and wrapped it up. Putting WoW on the backburners for a long while before giving us 11.0, where we start in a new era. Only then might we see new homes for lost peoples.

Realistically, this would be their best option as it could give them time to finally figure out what the fuck kind of game they want to make out of WoW. But then again.. I also wouldn't be surprised if they continued on for another few lackluster expansions before finally crapping out for good.

Circling back to the topic, I absolutely love your vision though.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-06-13 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I would really love to see the Night Elves, Forsaken, Gnomes and Trolls to eventually be given proper homes. But if Gnomes and Trolls have gone this long without one, it is more than safe to say Night Elves and Trolls will never get a new, proper home.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz made 10.0 the finale of this era of Warcraft and wrapped it up. Putting WoW on the backburners for a long while before giving us 11.0, where we start in a new era. Only then might we see new homes for lost peoples.

Realistically, this would be their best option as it could give them time to finally figure out what the fuck kind of game they want to make out of WoW. But then again.. I also wouldn't be surprised if they continued on for another few lackluster expansions before finally crapping out for good.

Circling back to the topic, I absolutely love your vision though.
    Tbh, do you not think that blizzard will add Gnomes to Mechagon and Trolls to Dazar'alor rather than give them a separate city? That seems the easiest thing to do.

Harder would be to add void and high elves to Silvermoon and Night elves to Suramar - although those cities are by lore the original homes of both those racial factions.

From a developer point of view, why waste time building great new cities for Trolls, Gnomes, Night elves and void/high elves - when you actually already have racial ones.. to me it seems you could massively save development time by simply writing a story that shows these places opening up to those races and living together, rather than build a new city that has no use. I'm just saying.. resources etc. They'd also probably prefer it, because writing how void and high elves get to share with blood elves and night elves get to share with nightborne is probably going to be a lot more interesting than - plunk. hey new city.

Disclaimer It won't happen ofc, blizzard don't do logic. My prediction is they do nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, so we do not have gilneas or gnomeregan. But even if you add mechagon to the list. Alliance still comes up short.
    So what? Things can't nor should be equally balanced always? But they aren't that short..

Even further so, if we do count the Allied races without a city, they would be too bold to make a city now, when they are just new members with their factions.

So, if we return to the list but this time only counts cities with faction access without being assaulted - we could ignore the claim of the Bilgewater Cartel as their city does not seem to be approved by some as a city, nor does it offer much in the form of services, we could even remove Thunder Totem because both factions have access to them, I guess we have the following.

Race: City Available:
    Human Stormwind City
    Dwarf Ironforge
    Draenei The Exodar
    Kul Tiran Boralus
    Orcs Orgrimmar
    Tauren Thunder Bluff
    Blood Elf Silvermoon City
    Zandalari Trolls Dezar'alor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I admit if they're doubling down on Hyjal a treehouse in its boughs would be pretty neato.

But I'm not dismissing planting a new Teldrassil in the scorched remains of Tirisfal Glades so big it coats those dirty sun elves in shadow. One day...
    Honestly, hope the husk and ashes of Teldrassil would become a new high-level zone haunted by the ones that were not saved.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-06-13 at 07:42 AM.

@geco - can anyone explain to me why developers won't take the lazy option out?

If people are crying for a capital, and they do something like a race expansion.... why not:

Option 1 - Racial Shares

1. write gnomes to also share Mechagon with Mechas?
    2. Darkspears are now based in Dazar'alor their race's ancient capital?
    3. Night elves are now in Suramar the capital most of htem come from adnt he only remaiing ancient kaldorie city
    4. Void elves and High elves are back in Silvermoon, with blood elves.
    5. Forsaken are simply put in Ice Crown Citadel or Naxxaramus
    6. Worgen are put in Gilneas City again
    7. Vulpera are put in Kezan -
    8. Mag'har are in Orgirmmar with other orcs.
    9. Lightforged are with the Draenei

People were never okay with cross race shares (gnomes in dwarf home, trolls in orc home etc, never solved the problem), but basically they essentially gave all allied races homes for races that didn't have main ones already, including Suramar, because it was designed knowing Darnassus was going tob e destroyed.

They don't have to lift a finger to design anything, just let the creative team invent how these shares happen. These shares also work because all these races are in a racial capital of their race - the only one that doesn't seem to be is Vulpera - but because we don't know about their origin, what if we discover they are linked to goblins? Essentially all you need to do is ravamp Silvermoon seriously and you're done for up to date capitals. I keep staring at htis and thinking cost effective, and satisfactory all round

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense - doing capitals is problematic if they have no function, like a quest zone, dungeon and raid and they are a lot of work. What is stopping them from just using the ones they've already done? And going you know what.. it's easier just to write a story of how these capitals are shared between the homeless races than to design new ones. if we don't make the new ones amazing, these people will cry that it's unfair.

Option 2: Shameless copy:

1. Gnomes are in gnomeragan, bu the city is filled out a litlte bit (some work, but not a complete redesign)
    2. Zul'Gurub or Atal'dazar is essentially copied for Darkspears on Echo Isles (altenratives are they are given zul'gurub or Atal'dazar)
    3. Suramar and Narthalas are essentially copied and simply re-arranged - given the zin''azshari white greek like (meant to be moon colours) also alliance colours
    4. Silvermoon is essentially copied but modified to look more void both in colours and the shapes of the tower tops but it is essentially copied
    5. Thermore simply copies the undercity but I still think Naxxramaus or ICC is better
    6. Gilneas essentially copied elsewhere
    7. Vulpera and the Sethrak are now working together after freeing the Sethrakk god and defeating the renegade sethrakk.. this is their new home.
    8. Mag'har simply copy Iron horde black rock docks type architecture or one of hte many in Draenor on Azeroth and bingo new home.
    9. Lightforged Draenei simply copy Auchindouin and/or Shattrath, as their new city, put somewhere, like Dalaran crater or Alterac.

Option 3: Build brand new cities
    All those races get brand new cities, design 9 new cities.

Please explain to me why blizzard wouldn't do either option 1 or 2 - when they've already done millions of hours with many of these? Only Silvermoon needs updating, everywhere else has a working functioning city or blue print for a city already designed and created. Alliance high/void elf types would be over the moon to be back in Silvermoon - they just need to find a sotry that makes it work. And night elf fans have long time felt Suramar should be there's the only thing in the way is that opposite faction thing, it is much easier to write a solution than it is to spend thousands of man hours building a new city that doesn't have much of a purpose than to be a glorified quest collection hub, no one has reason to go to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    @geco - can anyone explain to me why developers won't take the lazy option out?

If people are crying for a capital, and they do something like a race expansion.... why not:

Option 1 - Racial Shares

1. write gnomes to also share Mechagon with Mechas?
    2. Darkspears are now based in Dazar'alor their race's ancient capital?
    3. Night elves are now in Suramar the capital most of htem come from adnt he only remaiing ancient kaldorie city
    4. Void elves and High elves are back in Silvermoon, with blood elves.
    5. Forsaken are simply put in Ice Crown Citadel or Naxxaramus
    6. Worgen are put in Gilneas City again
    7. Vulpera are put in Kezan -
    8. Mag'har are in Orgirmmar with other orcs.
    9. Lightforged are with the Draenei

People were never okay with cross race shares (gnomes in dwarf home, trolls in orc home etc, never solved the problem), but basically they essentially gave all allied races homes for races that didn't have main ones already, including Suramar, because it was designed knowing Darnassus was going tob e destroyed.

They don't have to lift a finger to design anything, just let the creative team invent how these shares happen. These shares also work because all these races are in a racial capital of their race - the only one that doesn't seem to be is Vulpera - but because we don't know about their origin, what if we discover they are linked to goblins? Essentially all you need to do is ravamp Silvermoon seriously and you're done for up to date capitals. I keep staring at htis and thinking cost effective, and satisfactory all round

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense - doing capitals is problematic if they have no function, like a quest zone, dungeon and raid and they are a lot of work. What is stopping them from just using the ones they've already done? And going you know what.. it's easier just to write a story of how these capitals are shared between the homeless races than to design new ones. if we don't make the new ones amazing, these people will cry that it's unfair.

Option 2: Shameless copy:

1. Gnomes are in gnomeragan, bu the city is filled out a litlte bit (some work, but not a complete redesign)
    2. Zul'Gurub or Atal'dazar is essentially copied for Darkspears on Echo Isles (altenratives are they are given zul'gurub or Atal'dazar)
    3. Suramar and Narthalas are essentially copied and simply re-arranged - given the zin''azshari white greek like (meant to be moon colours) also alliance colours
    4. Silvermoon is essentially copied but modified to look more void both in colours and the shapes of the tower tops but it is essentially copied
    5. Thermore simply copies the undercity but I still think Naxxramaus or ICC is better
    6. Gilneas essentially copied elsewhere
    7. Vulpera and the Sethrak are now working together after freeing the Sethrakk god and defeating the renegade sethrakk.. this is their new home.
    8. Mag'har simply copy Iron horde black rock docks type architecture or one of hte many in Draenor on Azeroth and bingo new home.
    9. Lightforged Draenei simply copy Auchindouin and/or Shattrath, as their new city, put somewhere, like Dalaran crater or Alterac.

Option 3: Build brand new cities
    All those races get brand new cities, design 9 new cities.

Please explain to me why blizzard wouldn't do either option 1 or 2 - when they've already done millions of hours with many of these? Only Silvermoon needs updating, everywhere else has a working functioning city or blue print for a city already designed and created. Alliance high/void elf types would be over the moon to be back in Silvermoon - they just need to find a sotry that makes it work. And night elf fans have long time felt Suramar should be there's the only thing in the way is that opposite faction thing, it is much easier to write a solution than it is to spend thousands of man hours building a new city that doesn't have much of a purpose than to be a glorified quest collection hub, no one has reason to go to.
    Sadly, option one builds on the fact that Horde and Alliance completely cease their bickering and become one.

I think if we look at the picture, there could be option four, though, option four would have more demand than one and two, but three holds too much demand.

Note: Night Elves has no claim on Suramar City anymore, it is controlled by the Nightborne.

Option Four: Arrange for the development.
    1.: Gnomes move into safe Gnomeregan, as they have already reclaimed it, and it is updated.
    2.: Darkspear Trolls are upgrading Darkspear Isles, as that place holds meaning to them, most likely as mentioned, with copying some troll design to the isles.
    3.: Night Elves settles in Hyjal with a city underway, work still needs to be done.
    4.: Void Elves and High Elves either get part of an expanding Stormwind, or given a location for them.
    5.: Forsaken are either given a new home in Kalimdor or Northrend once the rift is closed.
    6.: Worgen move into a safe Gilneas City, rebuilding the place after it was reclaimed.
    7.: Vulpera settles with an oasis camp in Uldum, Desolace, Tanaris, or the Barrens - unless they return with the force of the Horde to secure Vol'dun and the temple there to live in if safe from Seth'rak.
    8.: Mag'har moves into the Barrens, or Ashenvale.
    9.: Lightforged Draenei stays in the Exodar, with the vessel making tours.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-06-13 at 10:17 AM.

Sadly, option one builds on the fact that Horde and Alliance completely cease their bickering and become one.

I think if we look at the picture, there could be option four, though, option four would have more demand than one and two, but three holds too much demand.

Note: Night Elves has no claim on Suramar City anymore, it is controlled by the Nightborne.

1.: Gnomes move into safe Gnomeregan, as they have already reclaimed it, and it is updated.
    2.: Darkspear Trolls are upgrading Darkspear Isles, as that place holds meaning to them, most likely as mentioned, with copying some troll design to the isles.
    3.: Night Elves settles in Hyjal with a city underway, work still needs to be done.
    4.: Void Elves and High Elves either get part of an expanding Stormwind, or given a location for them.
    5.: Forsaken are either given a new home in Kalimdor or Northrend once the rift is closed.
    6.: Worgen move into a safe Gilneas City, rebuilding the place after it was reclaimed.
    7.: Vulpera settles with an oasis camp in Uldum, Desolace, Tanaris, or the Barrens - unless they return with the force of the Horde to secure Vol'dun and the temple there to live in if safe from Seth'rak.
    Lore changes. Only the elves would be cross faction sharing.

1. Invent lore to show how the elves end up sharing cities in despite being in separate factions does not end the horde alliance conflict it just creates an exemption for the elves in those zones only. It’s not a hard task.

2. Create new capitals for void elves and night elves using paste copies of Suramar and Silvermoon with minor alterations like colour scheme for void elves and different layout.

The rest have no problem sharing within their racial parent or sub group.

Honestly answer if you think blizzard will actually build new capitals fir them? No. I can only see this happening if they become an expansion centre. Maybe a void expansion has a void city the void elves take over or have built after a time skip and is centre stage.

Maybe an emerald dream expansion or proper Naha expansion has a night elf city at the centre of it the night elves will gain - like Azshara had Zin’Azshari rebuilt stone for stone somewhere in a secret plan to return all elves under her rule. These cities will have quest zones, dungeons and raids tied to them. This justifies their design and use

Without an expansion focus, they won’t get new city. I don’t see it happening.

That's the thingd that should happen, except of course the Vulpera settling possibly in Desolace given that kind of neighbors the Centaurs are, and Mag'har possibly settling in Ashenvale since neother them nor MU Orcs will be allowed to go in Ashenvale anytime soon with the Night Elves having been attacked too many times already by the Horde and not willing to let any Horde race but druids to go in their territories for a long time.

Of course it's very unlikely that the Forsaken would want to settle in the long run anywhere but in Lordaeron which may cause other frictions with the Alliance.