Thread: Euro 2020

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Also, don't go on social media, it's already flooding with his collapse.

Yeah, this is tragic. Hope that he recovers. As they're saying, Muamba recovered from a similar incident. Hoping that this is like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I hope Erikson will be ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They should turn the cameras off which are on the pitch and go to the studio. At least stop focusing on what was going on, the public didn't need to see the CPR efforts or distraught players and his wife.
    Agree. On the plus side, getting all that there so fast does improve chances, by a lot. We can but hope it is enough.

The hospital too is less than half a KM away which will also help the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I hope Erikson will be ok.
    There are a few hopeful words on the streets. So I hope that a reputable source can confirm something.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe they filmed all of that. Even caught his girlfriend being held by Schmiechel at the edge of the pitch. Really hope he gets through this.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a photo of him showing to be conscious as he was stretchered off the pitch. Obviously we know very little and there's a long way to go for any real recovery, but for now, he's alive.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    There are a few hopeful words on the streets. So I hope that a reputable source can confirm something.
    There's a picture on twitter showing that he seems to be conscious as he's being taken out of the stadium. I really hope that this is a sign of good news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching on TV, a still picture of when they were taking him away. He seems to be awake. Really hope so, that's a step in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Just saw the photo on TV. He was conscious and at least held his hands up.

Really don't wish the same thing that happened to Nouri to happen to him, or anyone else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cardiac arrest according to Danish TV. Statement at 19:45.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Class of the team mates trying to cover up as much as possible while care was being given.

Makes you fear for the worst in 2022 in Qatar of all places.

Game between Russia and Belgium might be impacted by this, maybe delayed for a bit.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed that he is stable now. Listening to this on portuguese TV, sorry I don't have a source handy :\
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

UEFA say he is in hospital and stabilised - with luck this means he will make a full recovery.

https://twitter.com/EURO2020/status/1403765710174687242

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    There's a photo of him showing to be conscious as he was stretchered off the pitch. Obviously we know very little and there's a long way to go for any real recovery, but for now, he's alive.
    Good to hear if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    UEFA say he is in hospital and stabilised - with luck this means he will make a full recovery.

https://twitter.com/EURO2020/status/1403765710174687242
    That is amazing news. I really thought the worst and the images shown on TV with the resuscitation were shocking.

Thanks to all that helped him and I hope he will make a full recovery.

10+ Year Old Account
    AEDs are fucking magic, and everyone should learn how to use one and where the nearest one is.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Can't believe they filmed all of that. Even caught his girlfriend being held by Schmiechel at the edge of the pitch. Really hope he gets through this.
    Clearly wasn't the right decision, but at the same time I'm trying to remember that it's just as traumatic for whoever's in charge of the match footage. Sometimes when you panic you just default to what you'd normally do. Nobody teaches you how to deal with a player potentially dying in front of you when you're filming a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Awake and stable. Best fucking news all day.