Poll: Best option for revamp?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    5-10 ideally, it allows you to change practically everything within the story that isn't long term social shift or on geological timescales.
    Longer means you lose more and more connection to all the current cast the longer you make the skip.
    Everything longer than 50 years might as well be a complete reset of the franchise, outside of a few elf characters, which you absolutely don't want in a franchise that is 90% built on one game of a series of 3.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Apparently, they decided time just feels slower in the Shadowlands but really isn't.

As well, I like the idea that we sent all the "heroes" to Shadowlands, making Azeroth a target for the more down-to-earth threats, like cartels, bandits, mercs, pirates, and the likes. It would've made good reason to update the world then because the big bad threats might just be the greed of Gallywix, and the Queen wants to take power over the rest of us.
    that would be nice for a change -- really tired of over blown massive threats.

What happened to building the world ending threats over several expansions? Each progressively leading to a worse state of affairs, but ending in a true world threat, no need to escalate into cosmic mumbo jumbo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    that would be nice for a change -- really tired of over blown massive threats.

What happened to building the world ending threats over several expansions? Each progressively leading to a worse state of affairs, but ending in a true world threat, no need to escalate into cosmic mumbo jumbo.
    Exactly, every expansion doesn't need to be a world-ending. Though does not have to be many expansions either, like 2-3, then the shit hits the fan. The issue is to capture people's adventure and excitement. Some like the big world-ending stuff and others like to see the down-to-earth threats spike now and then.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5. But only because there is no option for directly after SL.

The game doesnt really have much to gain by skipping straight past the point where we go back to Azeroth to see exactly what the last 3-4 expansions have done to the landscape.

The meat of a world revamp is (ideally) going back to old Azeroth to see the direct aftereffects of the last few devastating events, simply going straight past the rebuilding step doesn't really do much more than require extra effort spent filling in those 5 years with something happening to the characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Specifically, say the Botani are a plot point in Feralas. What happened during those 5 years that mean it is only a concern after all that time, and not for instance right as soon as Nelf rangers go check on what happened there.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    5. But only because there is no option for directly after SL.

The game doesnt really have much to gain by skipping straight past the point where we go back to Azeroth to see exactly what the last 3-4 expansions have done to the landscape.

The meat of a world revamp is (ideally) going back to old Azeroth to see the direct aftereffects of the last few devastating events, simply going straight past the rebuilding step doesn't really do much more than require extra effort spent filling in those 5 years with something happening to the characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Specifically, say the Botani are a plot point in Feralas. What happened during those 5 years that mean it is only a concern after all that time, and not for instance right as soon as Nelf rangers go check on what happened there.
    While I feel you have a valid point, the way blizzard has operated makes me think that it's not enough. though 10 years have passed since cataclysm, and that should show us a lot.. tbh, BFA kinda sorta updated both northern kalimdor and eastern kingdoms, furthermore, Orgrimmar and Stormwind reflect the changes from both Legion and BFA - almost as if to say "we've shown you the most essential changes" - use your imagination to jist the rest, what's important has hit your screen.

Therefore for any true significant shift or opening ofr something new and almost refreshing, there has to be a longer gap, like a big enough cool off for substantial changes or things to have happened.

This is why I came to favour about the 200 year mark. it gives a lot of races a chance to have changed, especially recover, but also for unexpected down turns in fate - what if budding full of potential humanity was now on the brink like the elves were? What if the Trolls or even the goblins were the dominant species now. The tauren had turned into tyrants or Azshara was pupeteering the nations? this has a lot more room for more imagination. Time passed, nations got to heal, other things happened Or finally we had some relative peace, every one got about their business.

it may also be an interesting time to decide what happened to the factions and the races, and shuffle things a bit too. What if the horde and alliance were now relics of the distant past, that only some old clubs amongst veteran families stuck too and it had long lost meaning to most of the nations, we come back to a world that doesn't know that sort of division, with all our prejudices and are recruited by shadow organisations that want to create a conflict - what if it's the Kirin'tor that feels Azeroth has gone too soft, a new threat is coming and they need the world sharp again, so start engineering conflict?

So much more you could do. Could switch the game at least for now to a racial focus were faction only exists in name but means nothing in terms of political affaris and only veterans of the ancient wars remember it, and stick together in those old lines (meaning we can only still group together per faction ) but there is now no such thing as horde terriotroy and alliance territory, it's all racially divided. There hasn't been war for 200 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Enough people play this game for the story to grow for next couple of years at least. The current game setting isn't that interesting for you but there is plenty of people who are still enjoying it. World doesn't revolve around you and WoW won't stop only because you are bored of it.
    And I didn't demand it did. I just said I'd be happy if it ended in par with the question raised on this thread and then gave my reasons for my belief... I don't think you understand how a question works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    To make the most engaging revamp that could set up a whole host of interesting stories and developments, how far ahead should a time skip appear for wow?

Considering you would want many of the races to have recovered, where do you hope your fave race would be after a time skip and what would be your realistic expectation of what blizzard would do to them?

Will every race have improved or should some have fallen on very hard times and. Become the new night elves of the era?

With all the cosmic events happening, I can say the story is in prime position for a great magical reset. Magic can potential reset Azeroth or we can time skip.

Which would you prefer and what do you reckon will happen ?
    Everyone Should have dream and i am happy you have something to wish for in the future ^^

I am not here to change your mind and tell you that you are wrong, since its your idea and your feelings and there is nothing wrong with having hopes for the future.

I just wanna inform you on something:

1st

Azeroth has had... Huge Calameties... all over Azeroth over different years...
    We as players have been in Mist of pandaria... Warlords of Dreanor... Legion... Battle for Azeroth.... and now Shadowlands... so in Lore.... we have not been back to Azeroth for real for over 5 or 10 years... So if a Time Skip was gonna happend... it has allready happend...

Try to think how devastated Azeroth and the people living on it are and how ruined most of the world is... so there are alot of opportunities all across the world for huge and interesting quest arcs.

2nd

In Every Expansion we had after Cataclysm we have always heard how the rest of the world has been left behind and not given the right focus it really needs (I am talking about Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms)

So there is much Potential to take from that to build an amazing revamp on.

3rd

Taking in the info for the 1st point... we can try to think about what each expansion did to the entire World of Azeroth...

Legion.... We got a Full scale Fel Demon Army attack over all of Azeroth, we as players only saw that attack on the broken isls... but in Lore that happend all over Azeroth. (Just think of the Devastation and Destruction this would have brought to every zone)

Battle For Azeroth Was a World war... where both the Horde and the Alliance needed to find "Allied races" to fill up their ranks with new races since their armies where short of manpower. (We as players only fought on the islands... but in Lore the War was all over Azeroth)

Shadowlands Since the CROWN of the LICH KING..... is broken.... every UNDEAD.... IS NOW FREE... think about that... the Chaos and incredible devastation that would cause to the world is and will be ground breaking.

So, you wanna change the world with magic... or with a time skip... well... in Lore... the Revamp has allready happend... the world has been devastated with Fel magic.... a Huge and Terrible World war.... and a huge Zombie armies of free mindless undead....

PS: don't Mistake me... I would love like crazy..... if a Revamped happend... but I would really want to be there to Rebuild Azertoh from the destruction and Devastation that it has been threw... why throw all of that away... with a time skip... all of that cool and interesting Lore would be lost if we just jump forward in time...

PPS: Just think about it.... we could Rebuild a New Night Elf Capitol.... we could rebuild a new Forsaken Capitol... we could grow our ranks and Expand our factions... and have a huge Focus on each Core race of each Faction... and we could also go out and Explore and help every different Neutral power across Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms
    Last edited by Wolfrick; 2021-06-14 at 09:17 PM.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!