Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    My favorite is, that the text is not even centered on the ad.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Where's my Father's Day pin?

Real talk. It's in June. But yet we're talking about Pride Month instead. FML June was father's month. Now.... nevermind. Most of you won't get this.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Fuck it, I'll take the bait.

In other words, you would rather pretend I'm speaking nonsense than to face a fact you can't argue.

It's a wonder you're a moderator if you can't do something as basic as meet in the middle and agree to disagree, instead of resulting to strawmanning and feigning ignorance.
    I've repeated myself to you multiple times. Instead of addressing anything I said or the point I was making, you want to debate something else.
    It's 1) A topic that can get this thread closed. 2) Not what I'm talking about, so I'm not interested in it.

Again: I'm talking about directly showing a group support, by directly supporting those groups. Whether you give a charity $1k or buy pride merch from lgbtq+ designers/artists, both scenarios mean you are inherently giving more support to that community than buying non-charity affiliated poor quality trash from major corporations.

I'm not interested in you finding ways to be offended by that. It's normal and rational to want to do business with the actual people you claim to support, then companies waving rainbows this month and ignoring them the next.

And no, I won't meet in the middle. With what? To who? Nothing. There's nothing to meet with.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-06-12 at 08:53 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Only two gender choices on those shirts, eh?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Blizz could have just done what other video games did, like DBD, and added pride flags into the game. It’s simple, but it shows support without making money off of it.
    I'm glad they did not do that. Nothing says "this is not a game but a product for us" more than such actions. Those chinese year mounts are bad (and ugly) enough, hissing the rainbow flag above stormwind would ruin the immersion even more. Let the game be a fantasy.
    Now, a diablo 3 cow/unicorn level-like dungeon in WoW just for this month... That's something I would enjoy, since it surely can be tied into the lore in some crazy way (pirate dragon anyone?). But that would require actual effort, so it's naturally ruled out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Only two gender choices on those shirts, eh?
    Naturally. Everything else wouldnt make sense

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    Where's my Father's Day pin?

Real talk. It's in June. But yet we're talking about Pride Month instead. FML June was father's month. Now.... nevermind. Most of you won't get this.
    Don't worry. I think only a minority of people thinks lf june as pride month or fathers month (which also isn't a thing). For most it's just June.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I've repeated myself to you multiple times. Instead of addressing anything I said or the point I was making, you want to debate something else.
    It's 1) A topic that can get this thread closed. 2) Not what I'm talking about, so I'm not interested in it.

Again: I'm talking about directly showing a group support, by directly supporting those groups. Whether you give a charity $1k or buy pride merch from lgbtq+ designers/artists, both scenarios mean you are inherently giving more support to that community than buying non-charity affiliated poor quality trash from major corporations.

I'm not interested in you finding ways to be offended by that. It's normal and rational to want to do business with the actual people you claim to support, then companies waving rainbows this month and ignoring them the next.

And no, I won't meet in the middle. With what? To who? Nothing. There's nothing to meet with.
    And I'm directly saying being selective based off of race, gender, and sexuality is wrong.

There is nothing to discuss here anymore as it's just denial and verbal diarrhea on your end. Way to keep it professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    That's being selective based off of gender/race/sexuality, which is not a good thing to promote whatsoever.

Last year people were trying to profit off a tragic death. Where does it end?

Short answer: it's not going to end until people stop throwing their money at shallow attempts or stop literally buying into damaging narratives. While sometimes movements start off well-meaning, they almost always get plagued with scammers and grifters to take advantage of the massive amount of people who are gullible or who never read past headlines.

The concepts that we're dealing with basically boil down to trying to combat racism/sexism/etc. with racism/sexism/etc. This never ends well historically, and there's countless bodies to show this. Content of a person's character and merit are what should really matter (as MLK eloquently stated in more words), yet now we're reaching a world where we're back to superficial things (such as skin color) are considering the defining metric of a person over anything else... the only thing that changed is what color we're choosing to hate now. Same thing has happened to the feminist movement over a century. The LGBTQ-whatever-it's-expanded-to-now movement is also at the point where they've become the "evil" they wanted to destroy, which is pretty evident by the scores of people who supposedly are part of this category which despise things like Pride month and the movement as such.

Where do big corporations fall into this? They generally want to make money, which by itself is amoral. How you go about making that money is where morality comes in. When it comes to Blizz, it's fairly obvious that they're likely becoming more immoral as time goes on as a whole, based upon their actions and how the company used to operate. How are they acting immorally? Leaving the concepts itself aside, they're joining the long line of grifters and scammers who take advantage of things like Pride month, and in reality they probably don't even care about it at all. If it was White History Month and the companies figured they could make money off of it, they would "celebrate" it like Pride month. The people running this large corporations in this manner are akin to most social/political movements: exploiting people's emotional attachments to make a quick buck, all while not giving a damn about the people or the cause.

Here's the bottom line: it's all bad no matter how you look at it. The movements themselves have devolved into the very thing they supposedly fight against, and big corporations are exploiting the gullible people by promoting the racism/sexism/etc. If people think this sort of social dynamic is harmless and doesn't normalize abhorrent behavior on a large scale over time, I'd suggest reading up on more recent example of the social dynamics in countries leading up to WW1 and WW2 when it comes to the treatment of people based upon things other than the content of their character, as none of this is new. Some of it is downright scary how similar it is, especially when it comes to how media and large companies played a role in shifting the beliefs of the people towards evil. It still goes on today in many countries around the world, but it's not covered in typical mainstream news so you have to look for it in more regional news outlets. The social times we live in are a classic case of dooming ourselves to repeat history by not learning (or straight-up forgetting) history.

Anyways, while I devolved into my typical longer posts, I can at least say there's already been enough reason to distrust Blizz when it comes to their business practices... this Pride Collection is just another feather in their cap.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Short answer: it's not going to end until people stop throwing their money at shallow attempts or stop literally buying into damaging narratives. While sometimes movements start off well-meaning, they almost always get plagued with scammers and grifters to take advantage of the massive amount of people who are gullible or who never read past headlines.

The concepts that we're dealing with basically boil down to trying to combat racism/sexism/etc. with racism/sexism/etc. This never ends well historically, and there's countless bodies to show this. Content of a person's character and merit are what should really matter (as MLK eloquently stated in more words), yet now we're reaching a world where we're back to superficial things (such as skin color) are considering the defining metric of a person over anything else... the only thing that changed is what color we're choosing to hate now. Same thing has happened to the feminist movement over a century. The LGBTQ-whatever-it's-expanded-to-now movement is also at the point where they've become the "evil" they wanted to destroy, which is pretty evident by the scores of people who supposedly are part of this category which despise things like Pride month and the movement as such.

Where do big corporations fall into this? They generally want to make money, which by itself is amoral. How you go about making that money is where morality comes in. When it comes to Blizz, it's fairly obvious that they're likely becoming more immoral as time goes on as a whole, based upon their actions and how the company used to operate. How are they acting immorally? Leaving the concepts itself aside, they're joining the long line of grifters and scammers who take advantage of things like Pride month, and in reality they probably don't even care about it at all. If it was White History Month and the companies figured they could make money off of it, they would "celebrate" it like Pride month. The people running this large corporations in this manner are akin to most social/political movements: exploiting people's emotional attachments to make a quick buck, all while not giving a damn about the people or the cause.

Here's the bottom line: it's all bad no matter how you look at it. The movements themselves have devolved into the very thing they supposedly fight against, and big corporations are exploiting the gullible people by promoting the racism/sexism/etc. If people think this sort of social dynamic is harmless and doesn't normalize abhorrent behavior on a large scale over time, I'd suggest reading up on more recent example of the social dynamics in countries leading up to WW1 and WW2 when it comes to the treatment of people based upon things other than the content of their character, as none of this is new. Some of it is downright scary how similar it is, especially when it comes to how media and large companies played a role in shifting the beliefs of the people towards evil. It still goes on today in many countries around the world, but it's not covered in typical mainstream news so you have to look for it in more regional news outlets. The social times we live in are a classic case of dooming ourselves to repeat history by not learning (or straight-up forgetting) history.

Anyways, while I devolved into my typical longer posts, I can at least say there's already been enough reason to distrust Blizz when it comes to their business practices... this Pride Collection is just another feather in their cap.
    Totally agree. It also isn't just big corporations either. It's also small businesses swarming in on these issues like mosquitos, thinking up ways to convince people to buy their product because of their relevant state of being.

It's scummy, leech-like, and flat out morally wrong when it comes to tragic cases like what happened last year. It's akin to family members opening gofundmes and pocketing the cash for themselves, except this time it's made by complete strangers who share physical similarities to the victim lmao

As for the movements themselves.. I'm all for them, until people try to profit off them. People need to control themselves and stop paying into that nonsense so that these movements can gain a damn proper traction without leeches sucking the life out of it.

When taken at face value, yea sure it looks like there's nothing wrong with it. Until you realize that it promotes selectivity based off of skin/genitals/sexuality. You know, the very thing that plagues us.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-06-12 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Read the description.
    Which frankly only highlights the cowardice.

The store in question is neither adapted for, located in or exclusive to russia yet for some reason the store they have access too is selling 'rainbow Tees' with tacit support hidden in a closed description dropdown box.
    As opposed to the US store where Pride is plastered all over the landing page, the 'collection' has its own special page and pride is written into the product name.

These are not coincidental differences, this is obvious evidence blizzard supports civil rights up to the exactly line it might upset a government official in a less progressive country and exactly that line. I'm not saying I expected more or for a corporation to have a soul. I'm saying acting like a store located in the EU theoretically selling 'rainbow graphic tees' to russians is not courage it's cowardice.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Which frankly only highlights the cowardice.

The store in question is neither adapted for, located in or exclusive to russia yet for some reason the store they have access too is selling 'rainbow Tees' with tacit support hidden in a closed description dropdown box.
    As opposed to the US store where Pride is plastered all over the landing page, the 'collection' has its own special page and pride is written into the product name.

These are not coincidental differences, this is obvious evidence blizzard supports civil rights up to the exactly line it might upset a government official in a less progressive country and exactly that line. I'm not saying I expected more or for a corporation to have a soul. I'm saying acting like a store located in the EU theoretically selling 'rainbow graphic tees' to russians is not courage it's cowardice.
    I don't even think Russia is Technically part of the EU to think that they'd change there whole EU shop just because of Russia seems rather conspiratorial.

Closing this down as it's tangentially relevant to this forum but discussion has veered into forbidden topics/off-topic discussion for the forum.