Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    If they show it it will probably be the big finale.
    Nope (T_T) Avatar seems to be the grand finale.
    Godamit

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Nope (T_T) Avatar seems to be the grand finale.
    Godamit
    Well that marks the 4th year without anything new. I don't think we will see this anytime soon if at all. Probably already cancelled internally.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Ubisoft didn't make head or tail or even try and apologise for the shit they went through the last year.,... Give Blizzard some credit, if you think it was genuine or not they at least made the effort to apologise for the shit they did.

So much useless filler, presenters are just so fake and cringe, nothing of substance is discussed interviews or panels. Publishers should just slap all their trailers together in a compilation and put it on youtube and call it a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    God this Gearbox presentation is not starting off well. I just wanna see Tiny Tina's Wonderland.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    So Ubisoft didn't make head or tail or even try and apologise for the shit they went through the last year.,... Give Blizzard some credit, if you think it was genuine or not they at least made the effort to apologise for the shit they did.
    Of course they wont apologize, people in general never cared about the scandal. All Ubi had to do was to reveal AC: Valhalla. Such is life.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Well that marks the 4th year without anything new. I don't think we will see this anytime soon if at all. Probably already cancelled internally.
    They didn't figure out how to implement towers in space, so they had to cancel it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ubisoft managed to shit on a lot of gamers today, or at least showed why they are hilariously out of touch with what the market will take.

Far Cry 6 might be good but considering they showed off fuck all for gameplay, who knows. The DLC at least might be interesting getting to play as past villains.

Just Dance 2022 got exactly the sort of bigoted, hateful reaction from gamers that they should come to expect, and frankly it's not the genre of game I'd put into my keynote for one of the biggest video game marketing shows of the year.

Rocksmith+ also falls into the category of "why the hell are you promoting this now?" category. Not to mention in one fell swoop proceeded to fuck over every single person who supported Rocksmith previously by making the game a subscription service. It didn't work for Guitar Hero Live, it won't work for them. Sure, a lot of other learning tools are using subscription services, but they are also not trying to market their products as games, and use industry transcribed music instead of interpretations like Rocksmith does. And unlike Rocksmith, if I subscribe to Ultimate Guitar for access to their professional transcriptions, I can download them and play them off-line. Ubisoft thought in their infinite wisdom that always online DRM and a subscription based game were good ideas, but that's effectively suicide. There's already good backlash on the forum over it.

A lack of Beyond Good and Evil 2 as well as Rayman is also very disappointing. I don't even know what the hell they are thinking with that stupid multi-sport racing game, looks like it'll bomb like Steep did. The Avatar game was literally just a CGI cinematic, no gameplay to speak of. Talk about failure to generate any hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far this E3, the only thing that's blown me away was Elden Ring. Although tomorrow we have Xbox + Bethesda and Square. I'm very curious about Starfield and if we get some more info on Final Fantasy 16, I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    starfield tomorrow at least, COPIUM
    You mean a 10 second clip that doesn't show anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Ubisoft managed to shit on a lot of gamers today, or at least showed why they are hilariously out of touch with what the market will take.

Far Cry 6 might be good but considering they showed off fuck all for gameplay, who knows. The DLC at least might be interesting getting to play as past villains.

Just Dance 2022 got exactly the sort of bigoted, hateful reaction from gamers that they should come to expect, and frankly it's not the genre of game I'd put into my keynote for one of the biggest video game marketing shows of the year.

Rocksmith+ also falls into the category of "why the hell are you promoting this now?" category. Not to mention in one fell swoop proceeded to fuck over every single person who supported Rocksmith previously by making the game a subscription service. It didn't work for Guitar Hero Live, it won't work for them. Sure, a lot of other learning tools are using subscription services, but they are also not trying to market their products as games, and use industry transcribed music instead of interpretations like Rocksmith does. And unlike Rocksmith, if I subscribe to Ultimate Guitar for access to their professional transcriptions, I can download them and play them off-line. Ubisoft thought in their infinite wisdom that always online DRM and a subscription based game were good ideas, but that's effectively suicide. There's already good backlash on the forum over it.

A lack of Beyond Good and Evil 2 as well as Rayman is also very disappointing. I don't even know what the hell they are thinking with that stupid multi-sport racing game, looks like it'll bomb like Steep did. The Avatar game was literally just a CGI cinematic, no gameplay to speak of. Talk about failure to generate any hype.
    The only way to not be disappointed by Ubisoft is to expect nothing. I've literally never associated them with quality games myself, just lots of filler with a couple good ones here and there.

Albeit the Rocksmith thing really does sound sillier the more I look into it.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

come on, it will be a 2minute cinematic with no release date.
    I'm fairly certain starfield will get a big reveal along with a later in the year release date, similar to how fallout 4 was announced at E3 2015 and released in november in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    I'm fairly certain starfield will get a big reveal along with a later in the year release date, similar to how fallout 4 was announced at E3 2015 and released in november in 2015.
    Unless MS kicked them in the ass since the purchase, I don't think the game is that far along honestly.

starfield tomorrow at least, COPIUM
    Just like it was going to be revealed in 2017, 2018, and 2019 right? All I'm expecting from Bethesda is another god awful Deathloop trailer.

I haven't bought an Ubisoft game in over a decade, and I hate open world crap, but I'm tempted to get the Avatar game.

I am worried that the humans won't be playable, though. They were in the 2009 game. I want to pilot AMP suits and fly Samsons and shoot treehuggers. And riding the Banshees would be cool too, if they can get the flying to feel right.

Also interesting they didn't show any underwater stuff, given that's the selling point of the second film coming next year, but maybe they're going to show that off after the first movie trailer comes out.

this is going to be a real "wow, its fucking nothing" filler e3 isnt it?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The only way to not be disappointed by Ubisoft is to expect nothing. I've literally never associated them with quality games myself, just lots of filler with a couple good ones here and there.

Albeit the Rocksmith thing really does sound sillier the more I look into it.
    The only reason that they'd go with a sub model is because the cost of licensing music was more than the amount of DLC songs they were selling. Unfortunately this is priced way too high to be reasonable, it costs more than a game for a full year, you can't keep what is available and you can't play it offline ever, so if the game servers shut down, all the money you've spent is gone instantly. Games as a service needs to be given the headsman's axe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    this is going to be a real "wow, its fucking nothing" filler e3 isnt it?
    Hopefully Nintendo has some actual full game reveals. The next few years are going to be a real interesting time for gaming and I think gamers need to rally against all these games as a service model games and start speaking out against the always online multiplayer games and push for more single player experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cba to watch live. I just can't be arsed to watch the trailers of upcoming games, that never tell jack-shit about the actual game. And if there happens to be any gameplay at all, it's so choreographically dull, the presenter might as well be waiving a conductors baton. Assuming the presenter is capable from all the orgasms he/she is apparently having from the sheer awesomeness of the pretty skyboxes, that is.

And it's always new iteration of an existing game, and I use "new" very loosely here.

Hard pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

5+ Year Old Account
    Well this was pretty underwhelming so far.

Who will win E3 this year? We only know it won't be Ubisoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well this was pretty underwhelming so far.

Who will win E3 this year? We only know it won't be Ubisoft.
    Ubisoft has my vote but so far it seems like FromSoftware is the most popular, though I'm not sure whether it's popular because of the gaming media making it look more popular than it actually is, or if it really has mainstream popularity.