21 5.60%
  • Never/Cancelled

47 12.53%
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

Funding, staff, and Covid are all just scapegoats for their incompetence

They have more funding than eso and ff14 put together. More staff than any mmorpg by more than double
    , and Covid is last years excuse as every other game company is putting out content no problem now. It’s full speed ahead except at Blizz, where they are so incompetent they are practically frozen
    You have sauce for this, I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What you expect if their main source of info are usually people that don't even play PTR.

9.1 is shit cause it won't cure cancer.
    Whos "their"?

My one and only source is PTR.

Patch is aprox ~15% of patch 8.2 size.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still think a June release is likely and a little surprised it wasn't announced this week to release on the 15th.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I still think a June release is likely and a little surprised it wasn't announced this week to release on the 15th.
    The earliest possible release date at this point is June 29.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

2 weeks after TBCC was never realistic.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Funding, staff, and Covid are all just scapegoats for their incompetence

They have more funding than eso and ff14 put together. More staff than any mmorpg by more than double, and Covid is last years excuse as every other game company is putting out content no problem now. It’s full speed ahead except at Blizz, where they are so incompetent they are practically frozen
    Ffxiv had its expan delayed by a quarter that’s “not no problem by now” pretty much every company is still dealing with COVID delays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm not so sure about that FFXIV has increased their staff and Blizzard lost some people in the wow department iirc. I'm not sure we have current numbers for either.
    Wow has somewhere around the 5k mark for Staff Ffxiv is some where around 2k though harder to tell.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-06-12 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Wow has somewhere around the 5k mark for devs Ffxiv is some where around 2k though harder to tell.
    You don't really think 5000 people are working on WoW, do you? That's roughly the amount of employees the entirety of Blizzard has.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Whos "their"?

My one and only source is PTR.

Patch is aprox ~15% of patch 8.2 size.
    It’s also more then twice as big as any other .1 patch.

Wow has somewhere around the 5k mark for devs Ffxiv is some where around 2k though harder to tell.
    I hope you don't actually think that out of all the 9.5k employees ACTIVISION-Blizzard had in 2020, 5k only work on wow..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You don't really think 5000 people are working on WoW, do you? That's roughly the amount of employees the entirety of Blizzard has.
    I have no reason to doubt there credits, though I’d think a few hundred workers likely don’t stick around from patch to patch and there is quite a bit of overlap on other blizzArd products.
    World of WarCraft: Battle for Azeroth Credits
    5705 people (5696 developers, 9 thanks)

Overwatch, a group of 3248 people
    https://www.mobygames.com/company/bl...ertainment-inc

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you don't actually think that out of all the 9.5k employees ACTIVISION-Blizzard had in 2020, 5k only work on wow..
    From the looks of it about 2k only work on wow with around 3k also working on other games.

People who have worked on this game have also collaborated on the creation of the following games:

Overwatch, a group of 3248 people

Heroes of the Storm, a group of 2955 people

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void, a group of 2995 people
    https://www.mobygames.com/game/windo...zeroth/credits
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-06-12 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    It's abnormal how much time they need for 1 relatively small patch.
    People don't realize we're getting almost no new sets, items or anything.

There are no tier sets. There are no new armor-type sets (new raid drops recolor of existent "legendary" (lol) sets).

Close to 0 new type/mount models.

No new faction.

1 extremely small zone (Korthia is about the same size of Mechagon added in 8.2. Just to remind that Mechagon was MINI ZONE added as bonus with Nazjatar)

1 "mega" dungeon (about the same size (with reused assets) as Mechagon)

Raid with reused assets from Torghast and Oribos.

All new campaign quests are done within existing zones and covenant sanctums.

No new mayor systems (like we had transmogrification added as new feature in patch for example)

And so on....

This is absurd. Literally it's INSULTING player base. They are doing so with their "quality", quantity and lack of (and mis)communication.
    exacly, we must wait SO LONG for this small JUNK

I have no reason to doubt there credits, though I’d think a few hundred workers likely don’t stick around from patch to patch and there is quite a bit of overlap on other blizzArd products.

https://www.mobygames.com/company/bl...ertainment-inc

- - - Updated - - -

From the looks of it about 2k only work on wow with around 3k also working on other games.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/windo...zeroth/credits
    You realize that they have practically the whole callcenter for the support listed in there as well? Not to mention HR, publishing and what not.

7+ Year Old Account
    You realize that they have practically the whole callcenter for the support listed in there as well? Not to mention HR, publishing and what not.
    ah slight correction, It has 5 or so K Staff that work on the game but there not all devs.

15+ Year Old Account
    2 weeks after TBCC was never realistic.
    It is a drought. Any thing is realistic. Blizzard won't handicap itself simply because of classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The earliest possible release date at this point is June 29.
    They don't have to give a two week notice for end of season PvP. So it is still possible for the 22nd if they announce before the 15th.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

To preface what I will say, I personally voted for August, and if it comes out sooner I would be happy my guess is wrong and everyone can have their content.

Anyway using ruidmentry knowledge of past releases:

TBC 2.1: 15th of May, 2007
    WotLk 3.1: 13th of November, 2008
    Cata 4.1: 26th of April, 2011
    MoP 5.1: 27th of November, 2012
    WoD 6.1: 24th of February, 2015
    Legion 7.1: 25th of October, 2016
    BFA 8.1: 11th of December, 2018

Each of these dates being on a Tuesday as that is normal for a patch day. In addition we can see they are towards the middle to end of month section. So with these in hand we may not know the exact date but we do know the potential days. I mentioned before I voted August, so I will use that as the end merely to avoid information overload. In addition I will note how many days that will take.

June
    15th (3 days from now)
    22nd (10 days from now
    29th (17 days from now)

July
    6th (24 days from now)
    13th (31 days from now)
    20th (38 days from now)
    27th (45 days from now)

August
    3rd (52 days from now)
    10th (59 days from now)
    17th (66 days from now)
    24th (73 days from now)
    31st (80 days from now)

Normally based on past release schedules we would not include the 6th of July or 3rd of August, or the fact it could be July or August since its summer and that is poor for sales. But this patch is certainly in an awkward position no one can deny that.

We now have our example measuring tape to tell us it might be 3-80 days from now. Given that today is the 201st day since Shadowlands launch, we can see the range being potentially 204-281 days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraethion View Post
    Normally based on past release schedules we would not include the 6th of July or 3rd of August, or the fact it could be July or August since its summer and that is poor for sales. But this patch is certainly in an awkward position no one can deny that.
    Blizzard does not normally shy away from summer patch releases. That really is an old wives tale type of thing at this point. It may have been the cause decades ago but summer has no real impact on gaming. BfA saw two patches in July and one in June (though 8.3.7 was a very minor patch).

Blizzard does not normally shy away from summer patch releases. That really is an old wives tale type of thing at this point. It may have been the cause decades ago but summer has no real impact on gaming. BfA saw two patches in July and one in June (though 8.3.7 was a very minor patch).
    I partially misspoke. If we were chatting about a 9.2 patch, it wouldn't be that weird and it would be expected around June or July. For 9.1 though, this definitely alters their workflow for subsequent patches like a 9.2 coming out likely in late fall or early winter and then who knows when 10.0 will come out. This is also why they want to keep their X.1 patches in the Spring or Fall seasons for the tick-tock of work flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What you expect if their main source of info are usually people that don't even play PTR.

9.1 is shit cause it won't cure cancer.
    Im not saying it’s amazing but we have 4 new mount models not including the covenants
    We have new gear “it was already in the game files” including the new weapons??
    The dungeon is another hit
    The new zone is decent
    The fact they removed the eye of the jailer means you can grind as much as you want

There is a new faction and it’s the main point of the new grind

The campaign takes place throughout the main zone and the maw

“Well 8.2 was bigger”

That’s true it was…it was also a .2 patch

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had guessed July 13 sometime back, but the snails pace rate theyve been pushing PTR updates lately, the amount of things still broken (especially legendary powers), unfinished janky cutscenes and more leads me to think its probably now going to be towards end of July. Theyre not particularly close to final tuning and class changes yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraethion View Post
    I partially misspoke. If we were chatting about a 9.2 patch, it wouldn't be that weird and it would be expected around June or July. For 9.1 though, this definitely alters their workflow for subsequent patches like a 9.2 coming out likely in late fall or early winter and then who knows when 10.0 will come out. This is also why they want to keep their X.1 patches in the Spring or Fall seasons for the tick-tock of work flow.
    The .X doesn't matter. There is no rule that a .2 patch can come out in summer while a .1 patch can not. Work would flow just fine with a summer patch. They are already late compared to past time frames so nothing about past releases will work to guess the release.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-06-13 at 12:59 AM.