Poll: Will you leave Wow if Sylvanas dies?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

About Sylvanas and her fans

Quite often, I see Sylvanas' fans claim that if she is killed, Blizzard will lose half or even most of the players and therefore they will never do it. And I have one little question. Do you yourself believe in this nonsense? No, really, you think that there are so many fans of Sylvanas among the players that it will be a huge blow for Blizzard if she dies?
    I mean, this is what it looks like in reality:
    A minority of all players are interested in lore
    The minority of those who are interested in lore love Sylvanas
    An even smaller part of those who love Sylvanas will actually quit the game because of her death.

But this is just my opinion, so I think I should create a poll to find out the truth.

Aren't you funny yourself when you say that your goddess won't die because too many players love her? I mean, Arthas had (and still has) a bigger fan base and he died anyway.

Of course, the real reason Sylvanas will never die is that her main fanboy Steve Danuser has jumped into the lead narrative designer, but that's a different story.
    Last edited by darkoms; 2021-06-13 at 02:52 PM.

Sylvanas has been a VERY Bi-polar character since Cata, and even in old WoW, she was fucking weird. BFA to SL Sylvanas is the most bipolar she's ever been, and it's obvious most of this is due to Zovaal fucking with both her soul and mind, while also abusing her VIA the Vereesa Folklore story, etc.

She's committed genocide, is evil by all accounts despite being troubled, and it's obviously she'll undergo some Vader-type Death (Though, I don't think she'll kill Zovaal. That's for the Eternal Ones and us to do, and IF they go through route, the Pantheon of Life would be by our side as well). I don't love her whatsoever, and I hope her character arc's finished by the time SL ends.

I mean people still post that what killed WoW was Arthas dying.

in...let's see...

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Sylvanas has been a VERY Bi-polar character since Cata, and even in old WoW, she was fucking weird. BFA to SL Sylvanas is the most bipolar she's ever been, and it's obvious most of this is due to Zovaal fucking with both her soul and mind, while also abusing her VIA the Vereesa Folklore story, etc.

She's committed genocide, is evil by all accounts despite being troubled, and it's obviously she'll undergo some Vader-type Death (Though, I don't think she'll kill Zovaal. That's for the Eternal Ones and us to do, and IF they go through route, the Pantheon of Life would be by our side as well). I don't love her whatsoever, and I hope her character arc's finished by the time SL ends.
    For most of the story she is actually pretty consistent. She always was in this place between a Villain to the alliance and an Anti-Hero to the Horde. The problems came along in BfA, due to Blizzards weird style of Story-Telling. They tried too hard to set her up as a villain and make a mystery out of what is up to her that she made her act pretty out of character, especially compared to Shadowlands where we see her being a more well-intentioned Villain who still has a conscience and is manipulated into her actions serving a greater good for the cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    For most of the story she is actually pretty consistent. She always was in this place between a Villain to the alliance and an Anti-Hero to the Horde. The problems came along in BfA, due to Blizzards weird style of Story-Telling. They tried too hard to set her up as a villain and make a mystery out of what is up to her that she made her act pretty out of character, especially compared to Shadowlands where we see her being a more well-intentioned Villain who still has a conscience and is manipulated into her actions serving a greater good for the cosmos.
    I see absolutely no difference between BFA Sylvanas and SL Sylvanas outside of the fact that SL Sylvanas' just more open of her goals, since they're now coming to fruition. BFA Sylvanas was more rash, but so was Legion Sylvanas tbf. Prolly cause of Zovaal fucking with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated Sylvanas before it was cool (est 2002)... Jaina and Tyrande are the only women I follow
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-06-13 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I mean people still post that what killed WoW was Arthas dying.

in...let's see...

This is the only correct position. Arthas was the face of both the RTS expansion and the most popular MMO expansion, having starred in two WC3 campaigns and having many other characters' stories rotate around him and him dying still didn't have a major impact on the game's viability. Systems and gameplay are king, the lore is a side dish for people like those of us replying to this thread to bitch about on forums.

@TheFirstOnes @Diaphin

BFA Sylvanas does nothing except give evil one liners and fail. The only inkling of depth she has is when she has that little crack telling Saurfang she trusted him and sounds genuinely torn up about it. The real odd man out between Cata to Legion Sylvanas who's about preserving herself through benefit for the Forsaken and later Sylvanas who's motivated by bodycount and abstract cosmic matters though is BTS. Her internal monologue then and what she ultimately means to do are completely different and she shows ignorance of everything from her appointment to Warchief to the Jailer to even whether she wanted a war, which in BTS is cast as being something she'd have avoided if Varian was still in charge and that she meant to end by splitting Alliance lands between the Horde instead of appeasing a cosmic kill counter.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account
    I have only question about the fans of Sylvanas. Do they make her cooler?

OP, she won't die because 1) she sells too much merchandise, and 2) Danuser is a creepy fan put in charge of the story.

A poll here is worthless as a representative sample.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Really enjoyed her character pre Cataclysm. After that, she's been terribad.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a ridiculous claim, especially since players have been saying they'll quit for x or y change for over a decade
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, Sylvanas has always felt to me like a character ripe for the bonfire, just need the right build-up of story, and currently, I see the flames roaring.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If Sylvanas lives in the end of shadowland then I want Cairne back, i want arthas back, i want Illidan back, I want C'thun back also as a good god.
    Im serieus here, because if they let sylvanas lives, it just means the game went full fanservice and they should just troll the concept of death once and for all and rezz all they beloved chars from the past

Field Marshal Phyrexia-KulTiras's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    I used to like her. She seemed loyal to the forsaken and handle things in their interest.

Then legion/bfa happened and my queen was never the same

blizz just killed the forsaken race last expansion and i deleted the character the day before shadowland launch.
    now, what they will do to sylvanas isnt my business, all the race is beyond repairing with that voss/calia nonsense....
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexia-KulTiras View Post
    I used to like her. She seemed loyal to the forsaken and handle things in their interest.

Then legion/bfa happened and my queen was never the same
    She was never been loyal to the Forsaken. Before the Cataclysm, she saw them as arrows against Arthas, from the Cataclysm, she saw them as a shield that would protect her so that she would not return to the Maw.

5+ Year Old Account
    Like, she appeared in 3 expansion opening cinematics, nearly entire of BFA and Shadowlands was about her. Do you guys not getting tired to see her again and again? I just want her to leave the story, her arc should've ended long ago.
    Alleria Windrunner's BIGGEST fanboy. Will defend her no matter what!

Quote Originally Posted by dfsdfvh View Post
    Like, she appeared in 3 expansion opening cinematics, nearly entire of BFA and Shadowlands was about her. Do you guys not getting tired to see her again and again? I just want her to leave the story, her arc should've ended long ago.
    Well. simply put. No

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    I see absolutely no difference between BFA Sylvanas and SL Sylvanas outside of the fact that SL Sylvanas' just more open of her goals, since they're now coming to fruition. BFA Sylvanas was more rash, but so was Legion Sylvanas tbf. Prolly cause of Zovaal fucking with her.
    I think the issues are probably that we never see her actual reactions and emotional responses to the worst things he did in BfA, especially Teldrassil. I mean, with turning Anduin into a puppet for the Jailer, we actually see that this is a line she doesn't wants to cross and that she absolutely wants Anduin to listen to her and make the choice for her. Her facial expression at the end of the Kingsmourne Cinematic absolutely conveys remorse about what she did. What she did to Anduin is something pretty close to what Arthas did to her, so it makes sense that it is a line she feels remorseful about crossing.

The problem is, that the burning of Teldrassil is a similar line, but we never see her actual reactions to it. I mean, Sylvanas was always a two-faced character, between the mask of the Banshee Queen and who she is underneath. She mostly acts as the snarky Banshee-Queen, but with quests like Allerias pendant in TBC or basically every scene where she interacts with her sisters, we saw beneath that mask. With something as big as Teldrassil but also her other reactions, she just came off as pretty weird with only her Banshee Queen persona being out visible due to Blizzard trying to build up their shit mystery. Trying to keep up the mystery hurt the Warcampaign plot in BfA more than anything else. There are also just the many contradictions with BFA related media, when it comes to her motives and inner thoughts.

Im not in love with her but for me its like last interesting character left from Warcraft universe. If shes gone then there will be only some moaning peace-lovers like Baine. Seriously Horde is losing every interesting character and they did not replace them with anyone decent lorewise.