Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    MS/Bethesda is the only show worth watching. And there'd better be a gameplay reveal of Bethesda's next title or 'disappointed' will be a massive understatement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to fanboy or anything but E3 had stop being big for me before Sony backed out, Sony backing out killed any self doubts that I was being irrational. E3 is no longer and sometimes even harmful to some games. Its now made up of journalists who trying to manufacture dominance over their view of 'gaming culture' (not talking about journalists forced to be their or newer journalists grinding experience). publishers phoning it in, and smaller studios relutantly grinding publicity because they have to get publicity where the can. Sony pulling out means that the 'e3 bump' isn't worth it, otherwise shareholders would demand they be there. Makes me wonder what some of the smaller players sacrifice to attend the conference.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    this is going to be a real "wow, its fucking nothing" filler e3 isnt it?
    To many cinematic trailers with no gameplay and to many boring interviews about stuff that no one cares about.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Ubisoft has my vote but so far it seems like FromSoftware is the most popular, though I'm not sure whether it's popular because of the gaming media making it look more popular than it actually is, or if it really has mainstream popularity.
    Well if we already past the best, that is sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this E3 will be moreso updates on games we know about rather than new games we haven't ever seen. I mean Microsoft has basically shown their hand and we already know what pretty much all of their studios are working, Nintendo is likely to do a big reveal of what BotW 2 is. Maybe a game announcement or two but I wouldn't expect anything crazy. Square says they're revealing what Eido Montreal is working on. Other than that I just expect more details on games we know about.

The first E3 or two of a new console generation is always kinda meh. Plus with COVID slowing down development across the industry, it'll be even slower than usual. We got Elden Ring, so as long as we get BotW2 and hopefully Final Fantasy 16, I'll be pretty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well this was pretty underwhelming so far.

Who will win E3 this year? We only know it won't be Ubisoft.
    Microsoft/Bethesda no doubt, the sheer volume of games they have under them now there's bound to be something good and from what i remember xbox show have always been the better ones with not so much bullshit and just trailer after trailer not some developer babbling over how diverse their cast is or some other nonsense with concept art in the background for 10min per game

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Microsoft/Bethesda no doubt, the sheer volume of games they have under them now there's bound to be something good and from what i remember xbox show have always been the better ones with not so much bullshit and just trailer after trailer not some developer babbling over how diverse their cast is or some other nonsense with concept art in the background for 10min per game
    Makes sense. We shall see.

15+ Year Old Account
    And just like always, its up to japan to save e3. Specifically nintendo, square and capcom

Starts in 5 minutes (UwU) lets see...

Washington Post have already published a trailer and release date for Starfield. No gameplay in the trailer and a release date of November 2022. Yawn. I'll watch the presentation, hopefully there'll be more info and some gameplay but I doubt it.

Edit: Nope.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-06-13 at 05:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Excellent" casting, as always.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    To many cinematic trailers with no gameplay and to many boring interviews about stuff that no one cares about.
    This has been true for at least 5 years now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yaaaay, another zombie shooter.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    They have been doing this since the disastrous E3 where they had nothing to show except cinematic trailers of games that almost all got cancelled. Now its probably the best show to watch if you actually want to see the gameplay part of a game. I hope they keep this up.

Still have no idea what kind of game Starfield is supposed to be.

How much longer can one milk "Pirates of the Caribbean" The first (and probably only "good" ) movie is almost 20 years old.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2021-06-13 at 05:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Still have no idea what kind of game Starfield is supposed to be.

How much longer can one milk "Pirates of the Caribbean" The first (and probably only "good" ) movie is almost 20 years old.
    Well, forgotten/overmilked franchises seem to be in fashion, seeing how we also get Avatar game.

I cannot help but think that this is Bethesda's version of Mass Effect, just more grounded one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Bethesda mods removing every negative comment lol. I got by with Failout 76 lol.

I am so bored right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I cannot help but think that this is Bethesda's version of Mass Effect, just more grounded one.
    Considering they can't write for shit, are only barely able to produce semi-competent shooting mechanics and their idea of RPG elements is even more basic than Bioware's, that's not exactly grounds to be excited about if you ask me.

STALKER 2, however, now we're starting to talk.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.