Hopefully season 2 is a lot better than season 1. Stick more to the books, less added nonsense, and less crappy cgi.

I think Cavill is pretty good honestly. He has that smug sarcastic personality trait mixed with the dry jokes that I see in Witcher 3 Geralt a lot, though it might be inconsistent with the books (which I haven't read, I'm sorry). But as an actor I think he's pretty good, it's not really his fault that he got handed the worst take on Superman ever - trying to make a dark, brooding and "serious" Superman. As for his role in MI: Fallout, I kinda felt like he was hamming it up on purpose. Like that was the type of performance they were looking for and he brought it.

I was walking the dog in our local forest (old mod land) and came across a witcher set which they where using to film night scenes. They put fake snow down and stones looked pretty dam cool.

Was unexpected had to check my local Facebook groups to figure out what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    wait what? a new warcraft movie?
    People have been putting up fan art of Cavill as Arthas. Think he evens stated he would be willing to do the role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think Cavill is pretty good honestly. He has that smug sarcastic personality trait mixed with the dry jokes that I see in Witcher 3 Geralt a lot, though it might be inconsistent with the books (which I haven't read, I'm sorry). But as an actor I think he's pretty good, it's not really his fault that he got handed the worst take on Superman ever - trying to make a dark, brooding and "serious" Superman. As for his role in MI: Fallout, I kinda felt like he was hamming it up on purpose. Like that was the type of performance they were looking for and he brought it.
    In the books Geralt is definitely sarcastic and smug at times. He’s also a lot more vocal and snide, and has lengthy conversations with people where he even uses play on words and insults to people he is talking to. The banter in the books is pretty good.

In a very large number of film adaptations of books, the actors do not fully convey the character of the character described in the book. All the same, the subjective opinion of the actor is superimposed on the character. If we abstract from the book Geralt, then in the series Cavill played very well, I liked the series.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Henry is fine. Bring on the Warcraft movie with him.
    Henry could be a great Arthas, yes!!
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

I stumbled across this when I was looking at a trailer the one day. See this is what I was talking about like I knew he got super buff for the role, most actors do. (Get paid good money for this) This man instead goes through extreme lengths of not having water for almost four days. Dehydrating himself so his muscles looks better. (For real?) Please someone tell me how this man not drinking water would help him act better? Listen Henry is not that bad of a guy, I just don't think he's that good of an actor.

That doesn't mean he is not dedicated or a nice guy. I just don't think he needs to push to the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    I stumbled across this when I was looking at a trailer the one day. See this is what I was talking about like I knew he got super buff for the role, most actors do. (Get paid good money for this) This man instead goes through extreme lengths of not having water for almost four days. Dehydrating himself so his muscles looks better. (For real?) Please someone tell me how this man not drinking water would help him act better? Listen Henry is not that bad of a guy, I just don't think he's that good of an actor.

That doesn't mean he is not dedicated or a nice guy. I just don't think he needs to push to the extreme.
    I mean, It's fine if you don't personally think he's a very good actor. There's a lot of people that would disagree with you...but you have a right to your opinion.

Not sure why you are bringing his physique into the conversation about it. As you already stated, most actors do what he did. Even Robert Downey Jr. got himself jacked to play Iron Man...A character that has no actual need for physical fitness.

As for pushing it to the extreme...this isn't that. He went pretty hard...but lots of people have gone farther. Go talk to Christian Bale if you want to talk pushing your body to extremes in order to play a movie character.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-11-10 at 02:25 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Witcher Season 2: Every New & Returning Character Confirmed So Far

https://screenrant.com/witcher-seaso...ing-explained/
    BY ADRIENNE TYLER
    PUBLISHED 3 DAYS AGO

The Witcher season 2 will welcome a bunch of new characters along with others from season 1 that are ready to continue with new adventures – and here’s every new and returning character confirmed so far. Based on the book series of the same name by Andrzej Sapkowski, The Witcher made its debut on Netflix in December 2019 and was an instant success. The streaming giant knew what it had with this show, and it renewed it for a second season before the first one was out.

Season 2 of The Witcher has already gone through some obstacles due to the coronavirus pandemic, but it’s back on track and keeps adding new characters that will accompany those who led the first season. Netflix’s The Witcher took a different approach to Sapkowski’s stories and followed three characters in different places and points in time, with their paths converging towards the end of the season. Those characters are the title witcher, Geralt of Rivia (Henry Cavill), the powerful sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg (Anya Chalotra), and the crown princess of Cintra, Ciri (Freya Allan). Season 2 will continue their stories and will add new characters to the mix, both from the books and original characters, and of course, not all of them come with good intentions.

The team behind The Witcher had already announced the arrival of characters like Geralt’s mentor Vesemir and his fellow witchers Lambert and Eskel, but that was only the beginning as a bunch of names have been added to this already extensive cast, and their inclusion can give viewers a couple of hints of where the story will go this season. Here’s every new and returning character confirmed to appear in The Witcher season 2 so far.

Geralt Of Rivia

Of course, the title witcher will be back in season 2. By the end of The Witcher season 1, Geralt had finally found Ciri as they are bound by the Law of Surprise, and according to the description of season 2, he will take the young princess to his childhood home of Kaer Morhen. Just like in season 1, Geralt of Rivia will be played by Henry Cavill.

Yennefer Of Vengerberg

The last time viewers saw Yennefer she was defending Sodden Hill along with other mages, but she channeled a massive stream of fire and disappeared. This wasn’t the end of Yennefer, and set photos have shown her in chains, so she will have a rocky start in season 2, but will eventually reunite with Geralt. Yennefer will be played by Anya Chalotra once more.

Ciri

After spending most of season 1 hiding and running for her life, Ciri will now travel to Kaer Morhen with Geralt, where she will be trained by him and other witchers but she won’t become one. Most importantly, Ciri will continue exploring her powers and will learn how to control and channel them, though that won’t be an easy task as there’s a lot of mystery surrounding her powers. Freya Allan will reprise her role as Ciri.

Triss Merigold

Triss was also present at the Battle of Sodden Hill at the end of The Witcher season 1, and while she didn’t have a supposedly fatal fate like Yennefer, she was severely injured when she was burned in the chest by a fire torch while protecting the entrance and blocking the Nilfgaardian army. Set videos have spotted Anna Shaffer reprising her role as Triss, which was expected as in the books she plays an important part in Ciri’s training.

Nivellen

Nivellen is a new character arriving in The Witcher season 2. He was the leader of a gang of highwaymen and cutthroats and inherited the role after his father was killed – and as expected, he isn’t exactly a good person. One day, after raping a young priestess during a robbery, he was cursed by her as he was “a monster in a man’s skin”, so he shall become a “monster in a monster’s skin”. This curse is similar to that of the Beast in Beauty and the Beast, and even though the priestess mentioned the cure, he didn’t understand it. Nivellen will be played by Kristofer Hivju, best known for playing Tormund Giantsbane in Game of Thrones.

Lambert

Lambert is one of the younger witchers from Kaer Morhen and one of the last to be trained there. He’s known for his impatience and for having an attitude, and he’s pretty ill-mannered, acting rude mostly towards Triss Merigold, but he plays a big role in Ciri’s training as he’s in charge of teaching her the art of combat. Lambert will be played by Paul Bullion, who appeared in Peaky Blinders as Billy Kitchen.

Eskel

Another witcher joining season 2 is Eskel, who grew up with Geralt and are like brothers, so much that many characters think they look alike, except for Geralt’s white hair and a large scar across Eskel’s face. Eskel became a well-known witcher thanks to his professionalism, reliability, and his kind and relaxed disposition – the complete opposite from Lambert. Eskel also helps train Ciri and becomes worried after the young princess begins having trances after accidentally taking a sip of White Gull. Eskel was initially going to be played by Thue Ersted Rasmussen, but due to delays caused by the coronavirus pandemic, he had to leave the show as his schedule didn’t allow him to continue. Eskel will now be played by Basil Eidenbenz.

Coën

Coën is a young witcher from Kaer Morhen who spends his first winter there when Ciri is in the keep, and he bonds with her and helps her train in sword combat. Coën is an unusual witcher as he has scars from early childhood diseases, pointing at him either training later than most (as witchers are immunized) or him being an exception and somehow contracted various diseases. He will be played by Yasen Atour, who recently appeared in Young Wallander as Reza Al-Rahman.

Vesemir

Vesemir is the oldest and most experienced witcher at Kaer Morhen and mentor and father figure to many witchers, among those Geralt and Eskel. Vesemir’s presence in Netflix’s The Witcher was teased in season 1 when Geralt was reliving the moment his mother abandoned him. Vesemir also plays an important role in Ciri’s training, teaching her about different monsters and herbs. Young Vesemir was voiced by Theo James in The Witcher season 1, but in season 2 he will be played by Kim Bodnia, who played Konstantin Vasiliev in Killing Eve.

Lydia Van Bredevoort

Lydia van Bredevoort is a sorceress, painter, and Vilgefortz’s assistant. She has a very tragic story, as an incident with a cursed artifact left her with severe injuries and now can only communicate through telepathy, and the lower part of her face is actually an illusion. Lydia will be played by Aisha Fabienne Ross

Francesca Findabair

Enid an Gleanna, also known as Francesca Findabair, is an elven sorceress and queen of the elves of Dol Blathanna. She is a founding member of a secret organization of female mages called Lodge of Sorceresses and is considered to be the most beautiful woman in the world. Francesca will be played by Mecia Simson.

Vereena

The Witcher season 2 will introduce the bruxae, this universe’s version of vampires. Vereena is a powerful bruxa who falls in love with Nivellen, though that relationship is not an easy one. Bruxae take on the appearance of dark-haired young women, but their natural form is that of large, black bats with sharp fangs and claws. Vereena will be played by Agnes Bjorn.

Violet

Not every new character in The Witcher season 2 comes from the books or video games, and Violet is one of those. Violet is a completely new character described as a “young girl whose playful and whimsical demeanor is a front for a smarter and more sadistic character”, and is expected to appear in at least three episodes. Violet will be played by Carmel Laniado, who played Lady Rose in Dolittle.

Nenneke

Nenneke is a priestess of Melitele (a mother goddess) and head of the Temple of Melitele in Ellander. In the books, she met Geralt when he was young when he arrived at the temple to recover after nearly being killed by a striga, and Nenneke cared for him. Nenneke will be played by Adjoa Andoh, who played Lady Danbury in Bridgerton.

Philippa Eilhart

Philippa Eilhart is the advisor of King Vizimir, one of the few sorceresses to be able to polymorph, and helped found the above-mentioned Lodge of Sorceresses. Philippa will be played by Cassie Clare.

Codringher & Fenn

Codringher and Fenn is a law firm and detective agency in Dorian, founded by two individuals with a reputation for getting the job done for the right price. Codringher will be played by Simon Callow, and Fenn by Liz Carr.

Sigismund Dijkstra

Sigismund Dijkstra is the head of the Redanian Intelligence and a physically imposing man as he’s nearly seven feet tall. Though he doesn’t exactly dress like a spy, he’s an exceptionally clever man and is said to be very influential in Redania. Dijkstra will be played by Graham McTavish, best known for playing Dwalin in The Hobbit trilogy, Dougal McKenzie in Outlander, and voicing Dracula in Castlevania.

Ba’lian

Violet won’t be the only new character in The Witcher season 2, as Ba’lian is reportedly also a new character, but there are no details about him yet. Ba’lian will be played by Kevin Doyle, who played Joseph Molesley in Downton Abbey.

Rience

Not all new characters in The Witcher season 2 will be allies, and Rience is proof of that. He’s a mage that in the books is instructed to find Ciri after the slaughter of Cintra. During that mission, he captured and tortured Dandelion (Jaskier in Netflix’s The Witcher) as he heard his ballad about the lion cub of Cintra being in a witcher’s care. Rience will be played by Chris Fulton, who played Sir Philip Crane in Bridgerton.

The Witcher Season 2 Photo Gives Us Our First Look At The Wild Hunt

The show that got fucked hard due to COVID.

Well, the look of Wild Hunt was definitely inspired by the games version. Sapkowski might dislike it, but who cares.

A very cool series by the way, I don't understand why people who read the book criticize it so much, as for me, it's really cool

7+ Year Old Account
    i don't know if its because i never read the books, but i can't like ciri at all, i usually don't like the troop of "becoming something without doing the thing", so it is weird to me she becoming a witcher without the mutagens, and just raw magic.

but the series is looking good so far, maybe they made the budget higher, but the visual is looking better than season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i don't know if its because i never read the books, but i can't like ciri at all, i usually don't like the troop of "becoming something without doing the thing", so it is weird to me she becoming a witcher without the mutagens, and just raw magic.

but the series is looking good so far, maybe they made the budget higher, but the visual is looking better than season 1
    if it goes by the books (which it seems to) just because she doesn't take herbs (though they do start to give her some before Triss shows up and rips into them for being idiots, so she's not too far along with that) doesn't mean she becomes a thing without doing a thing. she absolutely does the thing.

she trains. a LOT. through bruises and period pain, every day from morning to night. her training is pure witcher even if she is not mutated by herbs. they only mutate to give them rudimentary magical abilities anyways, and she already has an affinity to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    if it goes by the books (which it seems to) just because she doesn't take herbs (though they do start to give her some before Triss shows up and rips into them for being idiots, so she's not too far along with that) doesn't mean she becomes a thing without doing a thing. she absolutely does the thing.

she trains. a LOT. through bruises and period pain, every day from morning to night. her training is pure witcher even if she is not mutated by herbs. they only mutate to give them rudimentary magical abilities anyways, and she already has an affinity to begin with.
    That is my only "grudge" if any, the others took mutagens, got sterile and all of the downsides, and she don't.

but like i said, maybe it is because i didn't read the books, i plan to do later, maybe the series change my mind on her,

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    That is my only "grudge" if any, the others took mutagens, got sterile and all of the downsides, and she don't.

but like i said, maybe it is because i didn't read the books, i plan to do later, maybe the series change my mind on her,
    she happens to have magical powers already. she doesn't need mutagens to use magic. her downsides is that unlike the dudes she still needs to deal with periods once a month. she also doesn't get slowed down aging and increased healing unless she goes through magical changes through sorcerous means. injuries she gets while training? until Triss shows up in books, those have to heal the old fashioned, slow way. now i don't know how they are handling it in the show yet, but in books she has trained for a few years at Kaer Moen, before they called for help from Triss.

the important part of being a witcher is NOT the mutagens. its the training. lots. and lots. and LOTS of training. and training? she gets. she doesn't get to just be good at fighting or knowing all about the monsters, just because she wasn't mutated with herbs. she still has to learn all that manually. and she does.

also being sterile is not a prerequisite of being a magician either. Yennefer and some of the other magicians and sorcerers made that choice to gain something out of it.

surprised this got a 2nd season given how awful the 1st one was.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    surprised this got a 2nd season given how awful the 1st one was.
    Funny, I liked it, myself. Though running 3 storylines at a time which take place at different times in the story was silly. Hopefully they don't make that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Funny, I liked it, myself. Though running 3 storylines at a time which take place at different times in the story was silly. Hopefully they don't make that mistake again.
    it was really cheesy. They blew the budget on that 1st cool sword fight scene where he hacks through about 8 people and then the rest of it is shockingly poor.
    The bard dude was horrific and my one memory of the show is that dude having a 1v1 sword fight on a hill then he gets pushed or some shit and starts rolling down the hill and springs up into a tree and bangs his head at the end. lmfao it was old star trek fight scene bad.

found it :

lmfao what a crock of shit

5+ Year Old Account
    Season 2 teaser trailer

Show is out 17th of december

The Witcher: WitcherCon | Tales from the White Wolf with Henry Cavill Panel | Netflix
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-07-14 at 12:21 AM.