Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

I have a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire in my trunk. It's a Halloween prop and I never figured out what to do with it.
    according to the blessed zombie guide a baseball bat is not a good tool, gotta smash to get to that brain!!!! Bats break too easly.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    A sad silver lining if there was ever one..
    But the sad fact of the matter is that there are still people who can't get the vaccine for legitimate reasons (allergies to the ingredients, immunocompromised individuals, etc) who can still be hurt, and not just these dumb yahoos who opt not to take it.

And moreover, allowing COVID to find places to fester only serves to allow it the potential to mutate into forms that are more deadly, contagious, and, possibly, resistant to the vaccines.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And moreover, allowing COVID to find places to fester only serves to allow it the potential to mutate into forms that are more deadly, contagious, and, possibly, resistant to the vaccines.
    Possibly, though if there is any genuine silver lining with the fools that refuse to get vaccinated it's that a great deal of them are in rural areas, so it's less of a problem then if they were in major urban areas.

For instance in my country we have only a 23% vaccination rate, abysmal and driven in very large part by fools who don't want to get the jab ( they call it a conspiracy ). However in spite of those cretins we've managed to significantly lower the number of cases to around 100-200 a day.

The summer heat has helped but a big reason is due to the fact a majority or close to a majority of the population in every major city has gotten vaccinated.

Rural folks are still imbeciles.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Would this have to go through the scrutiny of the current admin to make sure there is nothing in there that shouldn't be in there?
    Trump basically made grand claims like "every publisher on Earth wants to hand me billions to write a book with no known title, subject, and based on 'my' last book, author.". Considering most books are more than 140 characters, Trump's claim that he is "writing like crazy" is also likely false.

For all we know, Trump is talking about his blog.

Yes, in theory, Trump's book would have to be checked like Trump's admin checked books about him in office. But we can't deduce that purely from the bullshit he and his PR people spit into microphones.

I don't know if it would be officially required to be checked, but you can get bet that it will be checked to anyway to ensure Trump doesn't decide to randomly divulge state secrets.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    And you just know that he'd try. Either because he wants to beat the "I tried to give you the truth" drum, or because he just can't tell the difference between things that are and aren't secrets.
    The latter, because I assume someone told him that discussing state secrets when your not longer President means they put you in jail and throw away the key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The latter, because I assume someone told him that discussing state secrets when your not longer President means they put you in jail and throw away the key.
    But he is the President, just ask him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Tell her it's quite alright that she doesn't get the vaccine, that was the Democrats plan all along. Democrats know that everything is political nowadays so by saying vaccines are important they knew Republicans will not take them. Now that half the country is fully vaccinated guess who is not. Guess who will die in greater numbers from now on. The dude who came up with that magnetizing was a Democrat too, it's all part of the plan to only have Dems vaccinated and Republicans dead so they don't even have to cheat in election because there won't be any Republicans anyway.

/s
    if you can get this theory to fox it may do the country some good as they try to foil the dems‘ plan

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Imagine being forced to read a manuscript actually authored by Trump. It’s like some weird form of torture.
    Will it be on par with Vogon Poetry?

why would Barr be terrified? Unless he has broken an actual law the best Congress can do is shake their finger at him.

10+ Year Old Account
    why would Barr be terrified? Unless he has broken an actual law the best Congress can do is shake their finger at him.
    Well, he could easily be forced into the situation where he must
    1) Tell the truth under oath about all that stuff he did, or
    2) Lie under oath

I don't believe the WH will protect him from testifying.

2) Lie under oath

Let's say he lies under oath. Then what? Nothing's going to happen.

2) Lie under oath

4 magic words.
    I
    Do
    Not
    Remember

And ignoring that, so what if he tells about all the stuff he did?
    Nothing he did is actually illegal. Extremely unethic and unbefitting of a Attorney General but again, so what? Congress has no power over citizen Barr and nothing to forward to the DoJ without a law being broken.

Depravation of rights under the color of law. Carries up to life sentence. Depends how far they consider the consequences of barr's actions, but it's likely a year prison sentence as no one was harmed or killed directly.

- - - Updated - - -

4 magic words.
    I
    Do
    Not
    Remember
    Those 4 words aren't as magic as you seem to think. If it can be argued persuasively that you do remember, claiming you don't remember can also be perjury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Depravation of rights under the color of law. Carries up to life sentence. Depends how far they consider the consequences of barr's actions, but it's likely a year prison sentence as no one was harmed or killed directly.

- - - Updated - - -

Those 4 words aren't as magic as you seem to think. If it can be argued persuasively that you do remember, claiming you don't remember can also be perjury.
    Except from what I understand the DoJ has the right to subpoena those records. They shouldn't do so lightly, especially for members of congress but they have the right to do so.

And trying to prove someone does actually remember facts from 3+ years ago in court to get a perjury conviction is going to be a nightmare.

Except from what I understand the DoJ has the right to subpoena those records. They shouldn't do so lightly, especially for members of congress but they have the right to do so.

And trying to prove someone does actually remember facts from 3+ years ago in court to get a perjury conviction is going to be a nightmare.
    Read what I linked. You can do things that otherwise would be legal, for ill-gotten reasons, and they become illegal.

Edit: For a different example, a police officer has the right to look up people's information when they pull them over. If they look up that information, then copy it down so they can call them later to try to hit on them, that's illegal. The act of looking it up, an otherwise legal part of their occupation, becomes illegal.

Double Edit: I'm not saying he's going to be convicted. I'm saying that he should be worried about how vindictive the DOJ might become as a reaction to his norm breaking.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2021-06-14 at 02:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Let's say he lies under oath. Then what?
    Lying to Congress is a felony.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm saying that he should be worried about how vindictive the DOJ might become as a reaction to his norm breaking.
    I cannot imagine how many friends/allies Barr lost while forcing Trump's illegal investigations. He should not expect any professional courtesy when he showed none himself.

Read what I linked. You can do things that otherwise would be legal, for ill-gotten reasons, and they become illegal.

Edit: For a different example, a police officer has the right to look up people's information when they pull them over. If they look up that information, then copy it down so they can call them later to try to hit on them, that's illegal. The act of looking it up, an otherwise legal part of their occupation, becomes illegal.

Double Edit: I'm not saying he's going to be convicted. I'm saying that he should be worried about how vindictive the DOJ might become as a reaction to his norm breaking.
    But, we don't have any information about what they did with those records right? Unless they used them for something they shouldn't, like blackmail, there is no crime.

"We looked hoping to find something but we didn't, the end" is not a crime when the reason for looking (trying to find the leaks) is 'good enough'.

And Barr is an slimebag devoid of morals, but I don't see him as someone stupid enough to actually break the law for Trump.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

I hope this is the impetus for Garland/Biden to clean house of any/all Trump appointees and hires.