Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Diablo II: Resurrected Releases September 23rd

Diablo II: Resurrected Releases September 23rd
    During the Xbox Bethesda E3 Showcase, it was announced that Diablo II: Resurrected will release on September 23th. The multiplayer open beta will start in August, and players that preorder the game will gain early access to it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    The call to arms has been issued—who will stand ready at the gates of Hell to face the Lord of Terror? Diablo II: Resurrected™ is coming soon, a definitive remastering of Diablo II alongside its Lord of Destruction® expansion! On September 23, veteran and new players alike can save Sanctuary from the Burning Hells on Windows® PC, and for the first time on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, and Nintendo Switch™.

Experience the timeless classic, now with high-resolution visuals (with support for up to 4K resolution) and remastered 7.1 Dolby Surround audio bringing the world of Sanctuary to life in a whole new way. Prepare to witness the original game’s cinematics, 27-minutes of epic storytelling, faithfully recreated to capture the dark ambiance so fondly remembered.

While Diablo II: Resurrected takes full advantage of today’s modern gaming hardware, it preserves the engaging hack-and-slash gameplay that is as engrossing today as it was twenty years ago—but with a handful of quality-of-life changes, such as a larger stash for players to store more of their loot and automatic gold pickup for ease. Above all else, Diablo II: Resurrected remains true to the original, and with a touch of a button, players can transport themselves into the nostalgic past, playing the game in the original 800x600 experience.

Players who wish to get their hands on the game will soon have a chance to do so. The Diablo II: Resurrected multiplayer open beta will kick-off in August and will feature five of the final game’s seven highly customizable character classes for players to choose from—the Amazon, Barbarian, Paladin, and Sorceress from the core game, as well as the Druid from the included Lord of Destruction expansion. The Necromancer and Assassin will be available when the game officially launches on September 23. Players who preorder the game will also gain early access to the open beta test taking place in August on supporting platforms.

Since our announcement, the community’s enthusiasm and support has been staggering. We can’t wait to begin this adventure and share more details with you on our upcoming beta test. So, rally your friends and stay tuned! Learn more from our website here, or for real-time updates, follow the Dark Lord on Twitter @diablo!

Woah! I cant wait to replay another old game that changed nothing besides having more pixels!

Diablo Immortal would be better than another excuse of Blizzard to milk money of a dead cow.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's becoming kind of funny that every time I see news from Blizzard its about one of their old games being re-released.

Does game still require to press two buttons to use 1 skills if I'm not using a controller?

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    Woah! I cant wait to replay another old game that changed nothing besides having more pixels!

Diablo Immortal would be better than another excuse of Blizzard to milk money of a dead cow.
    Diablo 2 is by far the best arpg ever, thanks to only graphical changes, this gonna be awesome.

Holy shit!
    I shit over Blizzard past few years but this really looks amazing!
    Can't fking wait!

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Diablo 2 is by far the best arpg ever, thanks to only graphical changes, this gonna be awesome.
    Yup, this is the actual Diablo 2 sequel, the same game but modern.

I am actually more interested in D2 resurrected than D4.

Trailer is nice but why the everliving hell didn't they include a couple cords from Tristram music. Even just one chord.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not going to lie, i'd toss some money at this

But months after release. To ensure this isn't going to be a lazy cash grab
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Such an amazing game. Hope it lives up to the original and doesn’t have any major bugs or glitches from the updates.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is there going to be open.net and closed.net like the original open for mods and closed for normal play of course but other question will our original characters be able to work on the remake?

I'm torn... Loved the game, it looks amazing... But I think I will just play for a bit and then say "neat" and not play anymore :S
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-06-14 at 02:22 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Like it or not, humans are visual creatures. Having better graphics **matters**. It improves the experience.

The prospect of playing a great game again with vastly superior graphics is incredibly exciting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Is there going to be open.net and closed.net like the original open for mods and closed for normal play of course but other question will our original characters be able to work on the remake?
    They've confirmed your original offline character saves will work on this yes, but any original online chars I don't think those will carry over for obvious reasons.

1:20 "8 player CO-OP*"

Kind of strange to make it a selling point in the trailer.

This is far beyond "more pixels". This is a proper graphics overhaul.

After what they did to WC3 I just can't even get a bit excited for anything they remaster. Good for those who are into Diablo but for me I'm completely done.

Sweet, I can crack it and play it for free until a sale happens.

This says one thing to me, and one thing only. The current dev teams cannot create new and relevant content so they are releasing old content to milk the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    This says one thing to me, and one thing only. The current dev teams cannot create new and relevant content so they are releasing old content to milk the playerbase.
    That, exactly that