Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Third, you don't get to decide what TBC is or isn't.
    Neither do the retailers that want to play dress up in TBC classic as well. Did TBC had transmog ? No ? Then get over it or go back to retail if you believe that feature is so important for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Your thoughts.

Oh, and the ability to toggle new models.
    They could implement something like xmog, think most would be okay with something like that.
    I wouldn't have a problem with new models, aslong i can play with the old one.

It would be great.. 80% of the players on a server being in T2 and T3 sets..

.....right..

I dunno, on one hand i dont have a problem with transmog per say...but the appeal of older MMORPG's like TBC, is the gear is your status symbol. Yeah, you could always leave your t6 alone or tmog into t5 permanently if you have it, but that also kind a defeats the purpose.

transmog belongs in more... casual games, like mobile phone games, or retail wow. I don't even like it in ESO or FF14 (although that's because the glamour system is not new player friendly).

I dont necessarily mind the concept of it though, but it does devalue the gear at the high end. Gear used to mean something, and in retail, is doesn't. I'd prefer the older model where, yes we look goofy sometimes, but you can visually tell (and show off to the world) where you stand in WoW. That matters to some who play.

I like being able to look at someone and say "he's ready for the group" or not.

I would just like to remind everyone that disagreeing with someone isn’t a reason to be mean. Be nice. Asshats.

I just wonder if they launch the achievement system again if things will go haywire like it did last time.

But a big NO to xmog.

I missed the days of seeing someone and knowing what gear they got. knowing how far they have advanced in the game. Retail is there if you want a dressing room.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Xmog shouldn't be in TBC, but what should've happened (and this includes Vanilla Classic) is just updated graphics and few QoL changes like quest items not taking bag slots. I would of liked to see incentives between the two games, unlock this on classic and get it on retail type stuff. The whole "we removed this item now its super rare" has been thrown out of the window with BMAH aside from a very select few items

I would've loved to see Vanilla and TBC with graphics that didn't look like shit.
    Last edited by Glazey; 2021-06-14 at 12:26 PM.

It could be implemented alongside a client-side option to toggle transmog on/off for your own client so if you don't want to see your own or anyone else's transmog then you don't have to!

Your thoughts.

Your mentality is what brought retail to what it is. If you want to look like a badass, then get the bad ass gear. If you wanna look like a cute gnome with a sombrero, keep it in your bag and put it on when you wanna look cute. No transmog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I would just like to remind everyone that disagreeing with someone isn’t a reason to be mean. Be nice. Asshats.
    How ironic, telling people to be nice while calling them asshats, lol.

A lot of modern features have been back ported into older versions of WoW on private servers.

Back in the day before transmog was a thing there was something called city sets. Basically, you would have a second set of gear that you liked the look of and had it on while afk in org/sw.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Gear used to mean something
    Gear only meant anything because we didnt know what the hell we were doing back then, so the game was hard and the bigger gear pieces took more effort to get. Now with raids like MC getting cleared in 45 minutes, gear doesnt mean anything.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Gear only meant anything because we didnt know what the hell we were doing back then, so the game was hard and the bigger gear pieces took more effort to get. Now with raids like MC getting cleared in 45 minutes, gear doesnt mean anything.
    if the gear didn't mean anything, guilds wouldn't bother clearing MC in 45 min, or at all. The gear in classic-TBC mattered more than any other era of the game. Once you start to get multiple versions of the raids with different color samey gear, then yeah it matters a lot less, but the era of vanilla-tbc.... gear matters a lot, and just as much if not more in the classic versions.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    if the gear didn't mean anything, guilds wouldn't bother clearing MC in 45 min, or at all. The gear in classic-TBC mattered more than any other era of the game. Once you start to get multiple versions of the raids with different color samey gear, then yeah it matters a lot less, but the era of vanilla-tbc.... gear matters a lot, and just as much if not more in the classic versions.
    I'm talking about it being a "status" symbol. Having full T3 back then meant you were awesome cause you cleared the raid which a lot of people couldnt do cause they didnt know how. Now it just means you spent some time on wowhead and 45 minutes in the raid every week. The "value" of gear dropped as we got more and more tools to learn how to do the raids.

The value now is put into the fights where they are actually difficult. Ragnaros has what.. 3 mechanics? These raids were never hard, we were just bad.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Your thoughts.

my belf has his pretty gear ready to swap on the side bar haha!

No thank you

I don't need to have omegaultrakillerxx with the optics of a T3 babo in my group when he's a mix of greens and boosted gear at level 70.

I enjoy everyone looking uniquely bad all until we're all equally cool looking as long as we put in the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    This orc warrior fucks.
    Even his axe has a nose ring, nice.
    I don't have many memories of BC, I was rather young at the time. But for one, myself and 4 other guys got solo'd by a single Druid in Eye of the storm between nodes on a bridge.
    As I went to press my release button, I saw him go into caster form. Full Brutal, shoulders included. I then quit the BG like a coward, knowing I stood no chance with my mixture of blues and welfare Merciless pieces. Good times.

While leveling all the way to 20 so far my belf pally has rocked two complete sets of level appropriate mail that really look good, so good I’m keeping them so I can see her on my character selection screen and take screenshots etc- I got the fashionista achievement day one in retail ( as anyone with the WOD salvage yard probably remembers) but haven’t been so conscious of how I look while levelingin retail but in Classic tbc I’m grinding to afford sets of leveling gear haha

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I am both amazed and ashamed by how many of those armor pieces I can still name after all these years...
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!