View Poll Results: 9.1 Arrives 20th July?

Voters
171. This poll is closed
  • For Sure

56 32.75%
  • Hell Nah

57 33.33%
  • Dude, Where's my car?

58 33.92%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You probably meant the opposite, because blizzard is fully aware they are a step away from falling from grace. They have more competition than ever and each of those new games, even if not as big may chip away playerbase.
    No. I meant what I said, none of these new MMOs even remotely compete with WoW. They don't chip away at all. They never have, 90 days past release.

WoW is clearly in decline, but none of these crappy new MMOs have or had any impact on that. The days of massive $300M+ "WoW-killers" is over. No more SWTORs or Rifts or Wildstars are coming on the road to scare Blizzard.

WoW players stick with WoW and FFXIV and ESO players do their thing, they don't meaningfully steal from each other. Everything else is a rounding error in the MMO space. Or an Asian grinder and completely alien.

(Not to imply WoW players don't play other MMOs. I'm playing ESO right now myself. But I wasn't stolen, they just released new content and WoW is in a long draught. I'm still subbed to WoW.)
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-06-14 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    (Not to imply WoW players don't play other MMOs. I'm playing ESO right now myself. But I wasn't stolen, they just released new content and WoW is in a long draught. I'm still subbed to WoW.)
    See this is the thing, some people can't comprehend how people can play multiple games + multiple MMOs. I'm going to play 9.1 but I'm also going to play New World and Lost Ark whilst still jumping between games as I see fit whatever the mood strikes. And I've been doing this for years since WoW launched.

This fall alone, I got New World, Lost Ark, D2 Remaster, Back 4 Blood, Dying Light 2 & Battlefield 2042 my PC is gonna burn calories lool

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You probably meant the opposite, because blizzard is fully aware they are a step away from falling from grace. They have more competition than ever and each of those new games, even if not as big may chip away playerbase.
    Do not think they did.

Not one MMO that has come out in the last 10 years has even threatened wow in any way.

New World will be the same. The game looks horrible. It will be dead aftee 2 weeks of it's launch.

Nah, New World is buy2play so I expect it will take the usual 90 days to really conclusively fail.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the state WoW's in no way they hold until the end of July for arbitrary competition reasons.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I agree, it feels like 9.1 is a couple weeks away. It probably won't be this month, but certainly in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Watched some videos of it on a youtube named KiraTV and how the devs create problems to then sell those problems later on in the cash shop. New MMOs are just useless and garbage because monetization is all wrong. If you think WoW is bad with level boost, then the new amazon one will be much worse.
    I’m here for the “I watched a video opinions”. I’m sure the transmog shop is going to be a game changer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard only releases things to coincide with competitor launches now, as their products can no longer stand on their own. It may not necessarily be this one...but it WILL coincide with a competitor launch of something.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    so they will release a broken patch just to try and screw over a new game...how low blizz has sunk....
    Lol… it wouldn’t matter at all if they did this or not.
    If New World is good it will be played regardless of any other games being released when it’s beta is opened. Such a moronic thing to propose in the first place…

Its possible, it is Blizzard after all. The sure bet though is that 9.2 will drop in Nov no matter what..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Its possible, it is Blizzard after all. The sure bet though is that 9.2 will drop in Nov no matter what..
    Bollocks. If 9.1 took this long there is no way they can scrape up anything in time for Endwalker. All they can hope to do is delay mythic Sanctum till November.

Meeh. Okay look, even if they do try to line up their patch/expac releases with other popular launches in the industry, they're not gonna delay something that is already long overdue just for it to coincide with those releases.

People speculate that TBC was rushed due to a number of other games getting released. I'd sooner believe that, rather than Blizzard postponing a patch that should have been here already like 4 months ago. There's much more to lose by continuously not releasing it than by lining it up with...what exactly, beta of another mmorpg?

On the note of the New World though, for those unaware, the whole big "fiasco" and controversy is that they plan on selling rested experience in the cash shop down the line. Yes, that's it. This is what some "gaamerrs" believe to be something that killed the game even before the release. I mean, come on. The game will probably be bad, as most non-wow mmorpgs, but some minor convenience mtx won't be the cause of that for sure.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

If I were a betting man I would put money on 9.1 End of June/early July and the new raid will opening the week of new world.

Also new world lol. That game is going to make Wildstar look like a success story.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Meeh. Okay look, even if they do try to line up their patch/expac releases with other popular launches in the industry, they're not gonna delay something that is already long overdue just for it to coincide with those releases.

People speculate that TBC was rushed due to a number of other games getting released. I'd sooner believe that, rather than Blizzard postponing a patch that should have been here already like 4 months ago. There's much more to lose by continuously not releasing it than by lining it up with...what exactly, beta of another mmorpg?

On the note of the New World though, for those unaware, the whole big "fiasco" and controversy is that they plan on selling rested experience in the cash shop down the line. Yes, that's it. This is what some "gaamerrs" believe to be something that killed the game even before the release. I mean, come on. The game will probably be bad, as most non-wow mmorpgs, but some minor convenience mtx won't be the cause of that for sure.
    Of course we (at least I) are not talking about delaying whole thing just to match competition. But if Blizzard estimate that pros from disrupting direct competition are bigger than delaying patch X days they will obviously do it. It's not binary situation.

Also remember than fresh MMO content quickly wear off. Reasonable goal for Blizz in this situation is prevent as many people as they can from even trying another MMO and risking they will hook up. That's why it's important to strike at same time - not week earlier, not week after. TBC hype murdered ESO hype in my opinion, but TBC hype was gone as well week after.

And personally I think 20th July is rather date for season 2, not patch. Blizzard is already preparing people for 9.1, we got second blue post today, 20th July imo would be too far to start promotion already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Bollocks. If 9.1 took this long there is no way they can scrape up anything in time for Endwalker. All they can hope to do is delay mythic Sanctum till November.
    Well it depends on what 9.2 will actually be, I can easily see 9.2 being a small patch to kill of SL or get something B.S out to counter EW..

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They are doing this since release. Look at D2 remaster release - right when PoE's league will be at its lowest. It's so obvious.
    Indeed! It is so obvious. I fell for it with the D2 remaster release.. vowed never to again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    That would certainly be a case when the remedy would be worse than the disease. I don't see Blizzard doing that, even in a worst case scenario... But who knows /headscratch
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Blizzard only releases things to coincide with competitor launches now, as their products can no longer stand on their own. It may not necessarily be this one...but it WILL coincide with a competitor launch of something.
    Pre-orders, which often stretch out for months before release, would suggest that this is wrong.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is your post missing the /s tag or do you literally believe what a random guy on the internet claims is a possibility?

Plus you know the patch is "broken" how?

Plus..."how low have posters sunk" if they need to side with an MMO released by (probably) the biggest and most shameless company?

Guys...depending who you believe there are 15-25 MMOs out there expected to releases soon, or have x-pacs, or go into alpha or beta. Yeah....they will be close to any Blizzard release. And what does it even matter?

If you hate WoW and want it to fail, you play the new MMO anyhow
    If you love WoW, you play WoW
    If you are a sane person who does not need to invest in any of the extreme "us vs them" bs...you will evaluate or even try both

....and a lot of things inbetween. Maybe you hate Blizzard and still don't give a shit about NW and rather play AoC?.
    i dont believe some random guy, as for the ptr balance is still a mess raid testing isn't finished. i dont hate blizz and wont wow to fail quite the opposite i wont wow to do well i like it sadly most of the time blizzard just look like they are out to cash grab now.

im hoping for a decent and an as bug free patch as possible that also fun to replay content on, is that too much to ask for.?

15+ Year Old Account
    Is WoW so fucking down low that it's now afraid of a BETA? DDDDD