Poll: Would Calia Menethil and Nathanos be good Forsaken leaders? Do you like them?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would have enjoyed Nathanos as a leader if they didn't turn him into a mindless Sylvanas lackey in BFA. Up until Teldrassil I actually thought he would have made a really good leader for the Forsaken. I am indifferent towards Calia, she has been a very boring character thus far.
    Last edited by JMitchy96; 2021-06-08 at 06:45 PM.

Honestly, its simply extraordinary how wrong Blizzard got Calia. I mean, it isn't rocket science- just have her body secreted away by Forsaken sympathisers after her death, add a questline in BfA where the player helps Forsaken rebels raise her as undead to make her a figurehead against Sylvanas, and actually have her embrace the Forsaken as her people upon realising that the Light won't accept her in her new state and therefore understanding, in a small way, the desolation felt by the Forsaken when they were raised by Arthas.
    Sure, some people would still have criticised her for being a new character but at least she would actually be Forsaken and be reasonably positioned as a potential successor after Sylvanas' downfall, since she at least helped contribute to it and actually put herself on the line to fight for their freedom.

Instead Blizzard seem to have gone out of their way to make her outlook, backstory, and even religion the polar opposite of everything in Forsaken lore up to this point- complete with even remaining in the Alliance until after Sylvanas had already left. Now they're shocked at the poor reception and trying to make up for it in typical Blizzard fashion by having every character tell us how amazing and understanding she is (while still never actually showing her interact with or understand the Forsaken and their condition).
    Its just beyond belief, and shows how the devs clearly see Forsaken lore as a "problem" to be "solved" (.i.e. replaced) with Calia, rather than seeing her as part of a developing continuity.

Nathanos is a complete non-starter precisely because despite his rather fun sarcasm (or at least I find it fun) they just made him into another boring Sylvanas worshipper, and so making him completely ill equipped to lead the Forsaken in a post-Sylvanas world.
    Last edited by Tharivor; 2021-06-08 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Not the same skeleton (Human). They have some unique hairstyles that are missing from the Forsaken (and scars).
    So is Anduin. Is he different race than human?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Anduin has the same human skeleton model, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

He's not been introduced recently into the story, out of nowhere, with a male and a female equivalents in an allied races expansion. I think it's pretty safe to assume that it was the plan.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-06-08 at 09:30 PM.

He's not been introduced recently into the story, out of nowhere, with a male and a female equivalents in an allied races expansion. I think it's pretty safe to assume that it was the plan.
    Nah, the tinfoil hat is getting tighter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Anduin has the same human skeleton model, though.
    Vulpera are furry goblins then? 'K, scratch that, it makes a sense...

- - - Updated - - -

Vulpera are furry goblins then? 'K, scratch that, it makes a sense...
    --- snip ---

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-06-09 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    --- snip ---
    Well, they use the same skeleton...
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-06-09 at 05:24 AM.

Well, they use the same skeleton...
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-06-09 at 05:24 AM.

You, clearly, don't know how allied races work, do you?

You, clearly, don't know how allied races work, do you?
    Sure i know, they are there to generate mau and ravenue for blizzard. At best we can get some silly moar options for undies... i mean, the dark and grimmy UNDEAD! :P

And btw lol, at comparing NEW RACES with new model for a single entity :P

Sure i know, they are there to generate mau and ravenue for blizzard. At best we can get some silly moar options for undies... i mean, the dark and grimmy UNDEAD! :P

And btw lol, at comparing NEW RACES with new model for a single entity :P
    2 entities, actually (3 if you're counting Nathanos). A male and a female, no less. With up-to-date textures and animations, unique customizations and story relevancy. You're forgetting Derek Proudmoore. It's not just Calia.

2 entities, actually (3 if you're counting Nathanos). A male and a female, no less. With up-to-date textures and animations, unique customizations and story relevancy. You're forgetting Derek Proudmoore. It's not just Calia.
    Nope, im not, they are prominent figures in lore so they get exclusive models in game.

Nope, im not, they are prominent figures in lore so they get exclusive models in game.
    It's more than that.
    Nathanos has been with us for so many years, so your claim would apply to him. But Calia, and especially Derek, are new and got rather quite a small appearance in game to deserve new models. unless...

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever happened to Danuser's self insert- I mean Nathanos, anyway?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Whatever happened to Danuser's self insert- I mean Nathanos, anyway?
    He must be simping somewhere in the Maw, quietly sobbing because his dArK LadY is cheating the #$&@ out of him, first with the Blue Man and then (or in addition to) with Andy. Poor Nath boi
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

It's more than that.
    Nathanos has been with us for so many years, so your claim would apply to him. But Calia, and especially Derek, are new and got rather quite a small appearance in game to deserve new models. unless...
    Must. Resist. Tinfoil. Hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    He must be simping somewhere in the Maw, quietly sobbing because his dArK LadY is cheating the #$&@ out of him, first with the Blue Man and then (or in addition to) with Andy. Poor Nath boi
    Died happily knowing he'd be reunited with her, kek

Must. Resist. Tinfoil. Hat.
    Don't believe for all i care.
    I know, from observing the addition of races, what this means.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    That would be dangerous, imagine that they really let the players choose sides.
    Nobody wanted the side that the Human vs Orc Writers like.
    Imagine yourself in BFA. After Teldrazzil it becomes 20% vs 80%.
    what?

I think you're forgetting that you wouldn't be saddled to the faction in the same ways. The Amarr and the Minmater go into some race war and you're not mandatory drawn into it because you're either racial group by definition.

In wow we're along for the ride because it's a forced railroad and we have to grown at all the bullshit that has to be done to make it go... like how a character who had no care about undead formally snapped solely because of the treatment of one. Or how a nation's command structure was totally ignored because the writing team got some fanfic level drivel side plot they want to focus on (i.e. Calia/Talia/bolvar or Sylvthanos)...

Eve, your character does NOT care one wit about the in game factions unless that's your intent. Youre 'guild' and interguild relations is more relevant but that's another matter. WoW keeps playing us as third party affiliated but always mechanically separates and anchors us to the factions they write into the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Tushui? That's the Pandaren. Tushui are contemplative and meditative.

It might not be accurate to generalize the whole race. But, i rather do that than dilute the race's fantasy and aspects with Alliance traits.
    ... that's the point of the comparison. I'm saying your generalization isn't accurate