Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    And we have 3rd blue post promoting 9.1 and new stuff, 2nd today.

August was date for pessimists without knowledge. Only this people could expect 9.1 on PTR for FOUR MONTHS.
    Yes but you don't get it. This was all a ploy by Actiblizz to artificially boost numbers by releasing a FAKE 9.1 on PTR to make it seem like they were actually close to releasing it, thereby boosting their MAUs.
    SL is the worst expansion ever, 100x worse than BFA and caused my entire guild to leave even afte they loved every second of BfA and diligently prayed to their Ion bodypillows. I have also not seen anyone talk in Trade Chat despite being on the biggest realm so clearly the expansion is the cause of the worst mass player exodus ever, my friend who works in analytics said so.

Pessimists will always be consistent in [current expansion] being the worst thing and the downfall of WoW at least. And equally predictable is how they suddenly see the light on the previouss expansion coincidentally right around the time they are settled in the new expansion and have forgotten most of the boring stuff in the old one. It's like clockwork.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It'll be 1st or 2nd week of July. Unless they've decided to totally overhaul Korthia or something.

The game's pulse is fading fast, I think even holding until Late July is out of the question at this point.
    Aha. 6.2 and 8.3 were so amazing it hold people for 10/14 months, but it's 9.0 is what will murder WoW after 7 months.

Aha. 6.2 and 8.3 were so amazing it hold people for 10/14 months, but it's 9.0 is what will murder WoW after 7 months.
    9.0 is only considered terrible because it has outlasted the ussual timeframe for the launch patch. Players are accustomed to the expansion having 2 raids by now, not to mention having extra content to sink their teeth into.

I guarantee you that 2 years from now players on forums will be lamenting how 10.0 is terrible and is the death of WoW and how SL was so much better because it had lots of avenues to farm unique mogs and mounts as well as fun minigames like Ember Court and Queen's Conservatory.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Yes but you don't get it. This was all a ploy by Actiblizz to artificially boost numbers by releasing a FAKE 9.1 on PTR to make it seem like they were actually close to releasing it, thereby boosting their MAUs.
    SL is the worst expansion ever, 100x worse than BFA and caused my entire guild to leave even afte they loved every second of BfA and diligently prayed to their Ion bodypillows. I have also not seen anyone talk in Trade Chat despite being on the biggest realm so clearly the expansion is the cause of the worst mass player exodus ever, my friend who works in analytics said so.

Pessimists will always be consistent in [current expansion] being the worst thing and the downfall of WoW at least. And equally predictable is how they suddenly see the light on the previouss expansion coincidentally right around the time they are settled in the new expansion and have forgotten most of the boring stuff in the old one. It's like clockwork.
    In few days narrative will change from WHERE IS PATCH BLIZZARD WE NEED IT NOW to WHY ARE YOU RUSHING 9.1 BLIZZARD IT WILL BE SHIT. Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Nothing has ruined the plot point of the age of mortals, and while it’s not specifically on our own, we have indeed saved the planet multiple times. Reminder that the Aspects also wielded borrowed power.

I can disagree with you and still discuss it. Nothing here is about contrarians or shit like that. Don’t try and frame my arguments on that shit.
    ??? Like people have pointed out multiple times here, we've had celestials, wild gods, keepers, the titans themselves, Azeroth herself, hell even "titan++" beings give us a hand. Fuck, even the old gods through Xalatath. Even do things for us.

The age of mortals died the moment it started. In fact, the only time mortals fended for themselves since Cata was in WoD.

Also, what borrowed power? They were given it to keep. The then spent most of it on an artifact, and then later spent all of their remaining power on ending Deathwing. That wasn't borrowed.

And what arguments? Your only argument right now is "yea we had help but we did it on our own". "Yea but no" is nonsensical and contradictory.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-06-14 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    ??? Like people have pointed out multiple times here, we've had celestials, wild gods, keepers, the titans themselves, Azeroth herself, hell even "titan++" beings give us a hand. Fuck, even the old gods through Xalatath. Even do things for us.

The age of mortals died the moment it started. In fact, the only time mortals fended for themselves since Cata was in WoD.

Also, what borrowed power? They were given it to keep. The then spent most of it on an artifact, and then later spent all of their remaining power on ending Deathwing. That wasn't borrowed.

And what arguments? Your only argument right now is "yea we had help but we did it on our own". "Yea but no" is nonsensical and contradictory.
    While there are beings that do some things for us, and even aid us, most of the work was done through us alone. Also, no. The Eternal Ones are not "Titan++", they're at BEST at the same lvl as the Titans, or at the very least, the Primus is. Every other Eternal One kinda sucks, and the only "Titan++" claim was to Zovaal, which in another interview, only had him at Titan lvl. I'd say he's currently Sargeras lvl, but still.

"Also, what borrowed power? They were given it to keep. The then spent most of it on an artifact, and then later spent all of their remaining power on ending Deathwing. That wasn't borrowed." That is borrowed. They were given the power by the Titans through the Keepers in order to safeguard Azeroth. They borrowed that power to keep Azeroth safe. That's like saying the Artifacts and the HoA aren't borrowed power, etc. It's a hypocritical statement.

"The age of mortals died the moment it started. In fact, the only time mortals fended for themselves since Cata was in WoD."

If you're talking about Mortals not needing divine aid whatsoever, then WoD is NOT a good place to talk there. Not even close.

"And what arguments? Your only argument right now is "yea we had help but we did it on our own". "Yea but no" is nonsensical and contradictory." You have no counter, that's my issue here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Ah yes, I'm the one who's delusional here.

Nevermind the fact that a mere month ago when I was the first person to humor the idea that a 9.3 won't happen you all jumped on my post as ridiculous, and then promptly started debating the possibility 2 weeks later.
    You only said 9.3 wouldn't be a thing cause you thought SL would be like WoD, which is a wrong statement to begin with. Me and Nyel are thinking maybe 2 patches cause, what Ion said regarding no mini raid, combined with the idea that SL's plot is kinda nearly done already, basically gives off the idea that 9.3 ain't happening. This doesn't include COVID or anything like that. That's still 3 raid tiers overall (9.0 is counted here, like with every fucking first raid tier).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    And they can still do that without their powers? God, this story is a mess.
    I mean, in BFA, and in Legion, you could see Alexstrasza and the other Dragons help safeguard Life. So, I would imagine they'd still be able to fulfill their roles, even with the nerf. Granted, the Titans blessed the Aspects with those powers so they could fulfill those roles to begin with, so...I have no fucking idea, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    In few days narrative will change from WHERE IS PATCH BLIZZARD WE NEED IT NOW to WHY ARE YOU RUSHING 9.1 BLIZZARD IT WILL BE SHIT. Wait and see.
    I'll remember that.

Edit: I mean... it will be hilarious to see the big goalpost change.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'll remember that.

Edit: I mean... it will be hilarious to see the big goalpost change.
    To be fair it can be late and rushed at the same time. But yes, it will be funny.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another patch, another set of ominous, foreshadowing whispers.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/whisper...ialogue-322841
    Everliving Statuette: Hidden from daylight, a sleeping flame rests atop the sixth tree.
    Everliving Statuette: Hope. Betrayal. Sacrifice. Faces change. The tale does not.
    Everliving Statuette: So many secrets, so little time left to share them.
    Everliving Statuette: A city of secrets. A history of lies.
    Everliving Statuette: How many voices do you heed? How many are real?
    Everliving Statuette: The seventh covets what the six hold fast. The fulcrum wavers. All will be undone.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Why do I get the feeling those whispers are forshadowing a twist that the pantheons of death are deceiving us about Zovaal? Lies, betrayal, the voices we heed being "real".
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

The entire Archivists' Codex faction brings a lot of interesting bits.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Arc...lery_of_relics
    These are my favorites:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Cel...dowlands_Chart
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Bul..._Divine_Intent
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Lan...y_Wood-Carving

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Arc..._Codex#Sources
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Cor..._Unknown_Titan

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly something that didn't make it out of the PTR was the mention of new Afterlife, Ra'zunesh.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Tal...ternal_Scholar
    The Talisman of the Eternal Scholar

The mark of a Ra'zunesh Eternal. Ra'zunesh, a realm of the Shadowlands dedicated to the archiving and collection of all races of the cosmos. The brightest scholars of races were sent by the Arbiter to Ra'zunesh to add the knowledge of their world to the vast Collective housed there.

It was an utter tragedy the day that Maldraxxus was called upon to defend Ra'zunesh. It was found that a large force of the Nathrezim assaulted the Collective, assisted by infiltrators that had been lying in wait for thousands of years. The Nathrezim stole the knowledge and destroyed the Collective, kkilling[sic] most of the Eternal Scholars, the leaders of this realm, before the Maldraxxi forces arrived. In the ensuing battle, many of the remaining denizens of Ra'zunesh were killed or fled, never to return to their realm.

Ra'zunesh remains a ruin today, the Arbiter choosing not to restore it's[sic] purpose.
    I wonder why it was changed to something generic.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sadly something that didn't make it out of the PTR was the mention of new Afterlife, Ra'zunesh.

Maybe Razunesh was planned as 9.2 content and did get scrapped because of their massive development delays. Sounds a lot like Farahlon back from WoD which was planned as an additional zone, but was eventually scrapped as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Why do I get the feeling those whispers are forshadowing a twist that the pantheons of death are deceiving us about Zovaal? Lies, betrayal, the voices we heed being "real".
    I mean that could also apply to the Jailer and Sylvanas, where Sylvanas was the one who has been betrayed by the Jailer (and that's why she helps us defeating him in the end).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Hm, interesting.

That last one makes me think the cosmological forces, as there was reference in the past to the six, but what would the seventh be? I had been wondering if perhaps there's more to the chart than we know, or perhaps some unknown new cosmological force is growing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    While there are beings that do some things for us, and even aid us, most of the work was done through us alone. Also, no. The Eternal Ones are not "Titan++", they're at BEST at the same lvl as the Titans, or at the very least, the Primus is. Every other Eternal One kinda sucks, and the only "Titan++" claim was to Zovaal, which in another interview, only had him at Titan lvl. I'd say he's currently Sargeras lvl, but still.

"Also, what borrowed power? They were given it to keep. The then spent most of it on an artifact, and then later spent all of their remaining power on ending Deathwing. That wasn't borrowed." That is borrowed. They were given the power by the Titans through the Keepers in order to safeguard Azeroth. They borrowed that power to keep Azeroth safe. That's like saying the Artifacts and the HoA aren't borrowed power, etc. It's a hypocritical statement.

"The age of mortals died the moment it started. In fact, the only time mortals fended for themselves since Cata was in WoD."

If you're talking about Mortals not needing divine aid whatsoever, then WoD is NOT a good place to talk there. Not even close.

"And what arguments? Your only argument right now is "yea we had help but we did it on our own". "Yea but no" is nonsensical and contradictory." You have no counter, that's my issue here.

- - - Updated - - -

You only said 9.3 wouldn't be a thing cause you thought SL would be like WoD, which is a wrong statement to begin with. Me and Nyel are thinking maybe 2 patches cause, what Ion said regarding no mini raid, combined with the idea that SL's plot is kinda nearly done already, basically gives off the idea that 9.3 ain't happening. This doesn't include COVID or anything like that. That's still 3 raid tiers overall (9.0 is counted here, like with every fucking first raid tier).

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, in BFA, and in Legion, you could see Alexstrasza and the other Dragons help safeguard Life. So, I would imagine they'd still be able to fulfill their roles, even with the nerf. Granted, the Titans blessed the Aspects with those powers so they could fulfill those roles to begin with, so...I have no fucking idea, but still.
    My entire paragraph was a counter to yours LMAO

You're here to troll, I take it. Blocked

It should be noted that we very outright get told that this thing is essentially incapable of telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It should be noted that we very outright get told that this thing is essentially incapable of telling the truth.
    That would go perfectly in line with what we know of the Void future vision though. It doesnt see truth as every posibility and just tells you every single one.

Besides, having something tell you prophetic whispers and then do nothign would be quite lazy, especially since this doesnt seem to be intended as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    My entire paragraph was a counter to yours LMAO

You're here to troll, I take it. Blocked
    Your entire paragraph is flawed and I already explained why. I'm not trolling either. If you're arguing with me, only to block me when I'm actually countering your arguments and points, why argue to begin with?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Maybe Razunesh was planned as 9.2 content and did get scrapped because of their massive development delays. Sounds a lot like Farahlon back from WoD which was planned as an additional zone, but was eventually scrapped as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean that could also apply to the Jailer and Sylvanas, where Sylvanas was the one who has been betrayed by the Jailer (and that's why she helps us defeating him in the end).
    There's mentions of another afterlife too, the Inn of Forever. And we're told of Eternal Fireside Festivals and whatnot. My assumption is that these Afterlives aren't going to be explored ever. Simple as that. We learn of these afterlives, sure. But that doesn't mean we'll explore them. There's no need to go to Razunesh in the story, since Zovaal's just dipping to the Great Dark anyway, and the Inn of Forever is a place of rest, nothing more.

5+ Year Old Account

The second whisper just screams Nathrezim for me. But all of it sounds very void themed for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That would go perfectly in line with what we know of the Void future vision though. It doesnt see truth as every posibility and just tells you every single one.

Besides, having something tell you prophetic whispers and then do nothign would be quite lazy, especially since this doesnt seem to be intended as a joke.
    Sure, but that's the Void. The Void isn't actually duplicitious; it just can't tell the difference between possibilities. This thing actively tries to mislead you.

You're repeatedly told this thing just straight-up lies. So while they may be tied to something eventually, you should expect reality to always be different from what they say.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

Shame. This sounds like a lot more interesting afterlife than what we got. And yet more Nathrezim shenanigans.