Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Learn About the Mythic+ Dungeon Rating in Chains of Domination

Learn About the Mythic+ Dungeon Rating in Chains of Domination
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Take your Mythic+ skills to the next level. Chains of Domination introduces a way for players to clearly gauge their success and preparation to take on the challenges found in Mythic+ dungeons.

Keying Up to Bigger Challenges
    With the content update players can take charge of their own progress and see how well they’re performing in Mythic+ dungeons by viewing their personal Mythic+ rating within the Group Finder(I) UI under the Mythic+ Dungeons tab.

Hovering your mouse pointer over the center Dungeon rating will bring up a tooltip that explains more about your rating and how you can improve it.

Your Rating increases each time you run a dungeon you haven’t completed before or when you beat your own best time in a dungeon you have already completed. Completing a key provides a rating based on three factors—the level of the key, the Affixes in the key, and the run’s time compared to the dungeon’s timer. With each Season, Mythic+ ratings are reset in the display.

Hovering over each dungeon will display the rating for that dungeon and your best time for both Fortified and Tyrannical.

Finding Your Group
    Visibility is key in finding the right group for players looking for a group and for those creating a group as a group leader. When searching through Premade Groups in the Dungeon Finder, players will be able to view the group leader’s Mythic+ Rating for the dungeon before deciding if they want to apply to join.

Group leaders will be able to view all the incoming applicant’s Mythic+ Rating and their dungeon specific rating before accepting them into the group.

Maximizing Your Rating
    Completing a dungeon once shows that you’ve learned the ropes and earns you a large boost to your overall Mythic+ Rating immediately. For the masters of keystones, running each dungeon on both Tyrannical and Fortified will maximize your Mythic+ Rating as you work your way through the system.

Taking the Win
    When players beat the timer, they’ll see a notification that shows the amount their Keystone has been upgraded and the reward they’ve earned such as an increase to their Mythic+ Rating.

As an additional bonus to the group, if anyone in the group improves their rating on a run, everyone will earn bonus Valor Points, so don’t be shy about helping others get a leg up while helping boost your own rating too!

With this new scoring system in place, there are no limits on how far you can go in Mythic+ dungeons.

The WoW developers keep spending time on the wrong shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The game was doomed to become like this since the day it decided to allow addons.

This happened with gear score when it became a reality
    Now is happening with raider io since it became a reality and is not going anywhere.

Elitist World of Warcraft math simulator min maxer extravaganza...is the name of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    The game was doomed to become like this since the day it decided to allow addons.

Now is happening with raider io since it became a reality and is not going anywhere.

Elitist World of Warcraft math simulator min maxer extravaganza...is the name of the game.
    WoW has been dead since day one. What a take.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    WoW has been dead since day one. What a take.
    Tha hell? I didnt say is dead.

I said it just turned out to be:
    Elitist World of Warcraft math simulator min maxer extravaganza

Because of addons

Yeah,that's the problem when you allow players to minmax.
    If you let them do it,people will optimise the fun out of the game. And then they'll complain that the game is not fun and that they're forced to be optimal.

As a game dev,it's very important to force players into having fun,otherwise they won't and they'll blame you for it

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Perhaps in your opinion. There will be people who greatly appreciate this being added to the game.

There's a reason Raider.io has a large enough user base in WoW that it has become the standard for a large majority of Mythic+ enthusiasts. Just because it's wasted time for you doesn't mean it couldn't also be a great use of time from the PoV of other people.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    If you let them do it,people will optimise the fun out of the game. And then they'll complain that the game is not fun and that they're forced to be optimal.

As a game dev,it's very important to force players into having fun,otherwise they won't and they'll blame you for it
    this isnt fun tho, lots of ppl hate rio and blizz dont care about that, the devs are shoving their idea of fun down ppls throats

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    this isnt fun tho, lots of ppl hate rio and blizz dont care about that, the devs are shoving their idea of fun down ppls throats
    Nothing can be done to be honest.

Innovative addon is created > a lot of people use it > it just becomes the new reality of the game

Innovative addon is created > a lot of people use it > it just becomes the new reality of the game
    i know sadly both our points still stand, i personally don't mid it, i use the addon anyway, just gives me a reason to dump the addon in 9.1

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    i love mythic+ addition to the game, but i can understand people that say "is it the right direction?"

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    i love mythic+ addition to the game, but i can understand people that say "is it the right direction?"
    i dis like beat the clock content as it jsut makes people toxic, hence why there's threads wanting punishment for leavers

Remove this mythic+ crap already. Ruined the game a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post

As a game dev,it's very important to force players into having fun,otherwiseh they won't and they'll blame you for it
    Yeah….that’s probably not going to work out well.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how prior to classic release the forums would pine about reading quests text and figuring things out.

Fast forward to now and Questie has 28 million downloads and from all the grouping I’ve done so far in TBC classic I feel I’m the only person on the server without it.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Remove this mythic+ crap already. Ruined the game a lot.
    saved* just fixed it for you.

This is all cool.. But you know what would be even better?? A RELEASE DATE!

Of all your many fine hot takes over the last 2 years Shadoowpunk, this has to be my favorite.
    The scenario you describe has existed forever, it's just easier and more transparent nowadays.
    You don't think people used spreadsheets for stat weights or stacked leather workers as far back as Burning Crusade?
    I use the same criteria these days as I've used since 2006. If I don't trust a guy, I inspect him. RIO simply allows me faster and easier access to information that is achievable the old fashioned way.
    In my opinion, the people who think RIO breeds toxicity don't understand the whole picture.

Even in Classic Burning Crusade, a Warrior dps will be passed over for a Mage 99.92% of the time (hyperbole is hyperbole).
    Are people suddenly toxic for wanting a Mage over a Warrior? No, group content like dungeons is all about supply and demand. Tools like RIO let you choose the best candidate. If you're not chosen, make your own group or stop being a poor candidate.

I don't do a lot of M+ outside guild runs, I don't take it personally when I'm declined for keys if I choose to PuG.
    While I'm a good player, raiding Mythic doesn't always translate to good M+ play so it's inappropriate to expect people to just accept me into their group for M+.
    No other player owes you a thing in this game.
    It's not elitist to want to play the game with similarly minded and skilled players.

This game will be an elitist toxic sesspool until the day worldoflogs is taken down

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Of all your many fine hot takes over the last 2 years Shadoowpunk, this has to be my favorite.
    The scenario you describe has existed forever, it's just easier and more transparent nowadays.
    You don't think people used spreadsheets for stat weights or stacked leather workers as far back as Burning Crusade?
    I use the same criteria these days as I've used since 2006. If I don't trust a guy, I inspect him. RIO simply allows me faster and easier access to information that is achievable the old fashioned way.
    In my opinion, the people who think RIO breeds toxicity don't understand the whole picture.

Even in Classic Burning Crusade, a Warrior dps will be passed over for a Mage 99.92% of the time (hyperbole is hyperbole).
    Are people suddenly toxic for wanting a Mage over a Warrior? No, group content like dungeons is all about supply and demand. Tools like RIO let you choose the best candidate. If you're not chosen, make your own group or stop being a poor candidate.

I don't do a lot of M+ outside guild runs, I don't take it personally when I'm declined for keys if I choose to PuG.
    While I'm a good player, raiding Mythic doesn't always translate to good M+ play so it's inappropriate to expect people to just accept me into their group for M+.
    No other player owes you a thing in this game.
    It's not elitist to want to play the game with similarly minded and skilled players.
    Well...now, "skill" is NOT just a small part of the game anymore.

Now IT IS THE GAME.

Ion looked at it and said, "yep i want this mentality to go forward, World of Warcraft is all about this baby, hell yeah, woop wopp"

I'll just stay away from it and get all my gear from pvp.
    If in the next expansion i have to do a single mythinc + to get better gear.
    *middle finger* right back at blizzard

Keep scaling dungeons and calling it fun content that you expect me to do over and over again. Soon you will convince me.