Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Lying to Congress is a felony.

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot imagine how many friends/allies Barr lost while forcing Trump's illegal investigations. He should not expect any professional courtesy when he showed none himself.
    We know its illegal, I think most are disillusioned any real punishment would come of it.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    We know its illegal, I think most are disillusioned any real punishment would come of it.
    Normally, and maybe this time, yes. But remember, Barr could be forced to admit, to Congress, that he was spying on Congress. Even Democrats might take action, considering they were the victims.

Even Democrats might take action, considering they were the victims.
    That would require them to be something beyond paper tigers when they have power, a really tall order for them to do. If they actually grow a spine for once in my lifetime, I will be at a loss for words.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, nothing is going to happen. This Trump appointee who literally investigated political enemies of Trump is ending his term when he would have anyways - end of June. And the rest can pretend they didn't know.

Felonious actions. Zero accountability. Zero prosecutions. The Trump way. MAGA.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Unfortunately, nothing is going to happen.
    Sadly, this is my take. We have at least a handful of Trump officials who have objectively lied and been shown to have lied to Congress over the years but Congress, specifically the Democrats in congress, are too afraid to go after them. Likely because of "bad optics", which is a load of horse shit.

Normally, and maybe this time, yes. But remember, Barr could be forced to admit, to Congress, that he was spying on Congress. Even Democrats might take action, considering they were the victims.
    I desperately want you to be right, but I'm not betting on it.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Barr will be disbarred most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Barr will be disbarred most likely.
    If that happens I'll find a hat to eat, because given the gross behavior we've seen from lawyers over the past four years, who remain practicing lawyers, I ain't remotely convinced that's in the realm of possibility. Much less actually likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Don’t hold your breath. Rudy still has his license.
    And Lyn Wood. And Sidney Powell. I think the only person who actually lost their law license was Michael Cohen, and that was for felony conviction of lying under oath. Which I don't see in the future of any of these people, though Rudy is likely fucked for other reasons at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If that happens I'll find a hat to eat, because given the gross behavior we've seen from lawyers over the past four years, who remain practicing lawyers, I ain't remotely convinced that's in the realm of possibility. Much less actually likely.

- - - Updated - - -

And Lyn Wood. And Sidney Powell. I think the only person who actually lost their law license was Michael Cohen, and that was for felony conviction of lying under oath. Which I don't see in the future of any of these people, though Rudy is likely fucked for other reasons at this point.
    Trump found his Roy Cohn in Barr.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, it’s crazy how hard it is to get a lawyer disbarred these days.
    A lot of things. A license to practice medicine too. Remember that time a doctor told people to take hydroxy and then ranted about demon sperm making women infertile? She's still a practicing doctor last I checked, I don't even think she was brought in for a review.

A lot of things. A license to practice medicine too. Remember that time a doctor told people to take hydroxy and then ranted about demon sperm making women infertile? She's still a practicing doctor last I checked, I don't even think she was brought in for a review.
    Eating a hat is more unhealthy than hydroxy, I don't suggest either.

Eating a hat is more unhealthy than hydroxy, I don't suggest either.
    It won't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    It won't be an issue.
    Yup, cause edge is smart enough not to actually eat a hat when barr get's disbarred.

Yup, cause edge is smart enough not to actually eat a hat when barr get's disbarred.
    I don't think he'll get disbarred. But even if he does I ain't gonna eat a hat. Unless I like, make a hat out of something edible. Which actually sounds kinda fun, I should look into this.

I don't think he'll get disbarred. But even if he does I ain't gonna eat a hat. Unless I like, make a hat out of something edible. Which actually sounds kinda fun, I should look into this.
    I get the cynicism. A cake hat does sounds good though.

I get the cynicism. A cake hat does sounds good though.
    I'd go with gingerbread, myself. In the style of a straw boater.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I'd go with gingerbread, myself. In the style of a straw boater.
    Add some red white and blue frosting for a hat band and you're aiming for peak American.

NEW: Boeing quietly ended its post-insurrection pause on political contributions, and immediately maxed out to members of the sedition caucus. Me @thedailybeast https://t.co/10ID1WhVLY
    https://twitter.com/SollenbergerRC/s...921731589?s=19

I predicted this. Tax cuts, deregulation and profits > democracy.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/SollenbergerRC/s...921731589?s=19

I predicted this. Tax cuts, deregulation and profits > democracy.
    15k for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, 45,000 for their building fund, 45,000 for the recount and legal fund,
    5,000 for Nancy Pelosi, 5,000 to the New Democrat Coalition Action Fund, 5000 for the Moderate Democrats PAC
    5,000 for Schumer's PAC (Impact)

The article singles out the Republican Attorneys General Association, but fails to mention the Democratic Attorneys General Association (10,000), the Democratic Lieutenant Governors Association (25,000)

They're sprinkling money across both political parties all across the country. Corporations = political lobbying efforts through campaign donations, inasmuch as one party is despised and the other one loved or tolerated.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    The article singles out the Republican Attorneys General Association, but fails to mention the Democratic Attorneys General Association (10,000), the Democratic Lieutenant Governors Association (25,000)
    Well, because I don't believe any of those groups supported or promoted the Jan. 6 rally, which is why Boeing ostensibly pulled funding. And the article did mention that, actually -

The report, Boeing’s first to show political contributions after the assault on the Capitol, also disclosed a $25,000 gift to the Republican Attorneys General Association, whose fundraising arm helped promote the Jan. 6 rally to “stop the steal.” Boeing contributed less than half that amount to the organization’s Democratic counterpart.
    Because again, it's not that Boeing is greasing palms that the Daily Beast is calling them out on, it's that they tried to pretend they'd stop greasing some palms and made a big show of it, and are right back to it.